Mini 1624: Joss Whedon Mafia: The Musical (Game Over)

Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:10 pm

Post by Murder of Crows »

f-16 you wanted to communicate.

AP feels like anyone reading his posts today would know why he said he was ok with both wagons. He's scumreading both of you.

He feels like you've started mirroring back my feelings about the game at me, and he thinks you could be doing it intentionally.

I dunno. I feel like there was real frustration and anger in your posts, whatever the motivation.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Okay, I'll
UNVOTE:
for now.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:20 pm

In post 3750, Murder of Crows wrote:f-16 you wanted to communicate.

AP feels like anyone reading his posts today would know why he said he was ok with both wagons. He's scumreading both of you.

He feels like you've started mirroring back my feelings about the game at me, and he thinks you could be doing it intentionally.

I dunno. I feel like there was real frustration and anger in your posts, whatever the motivation.

If he thinks I can mirror back someone's feelings about a game, he's ascribing far more to my level of scum play than I normally play at. I get that AP is scumreading both me and Nacho but I don't as town look at two wagons forming with both players scumreading each other and decide "yep, both scum." When my scumreads mutually push each other, the first thought in my mind would be that I was wrong somewhere. This doesn't apply if I'm in a massive confbias tunnel (like Tales of You) which AP doesn't seem to be in.

My frustration was a reminder of how Ceph and DV pulled the victim card when I was about to get them lynched. I'm the leading wagon and I don't understand why everytime I push you, you go into "we're going to flip, I hope it bites you hard" rather than see that I'm the one about to get lynched. If you are town, then I appreciate that you are trying to re-evaluate things and make sure you get it right. But it contrasts with AP's stance where he literally called for a 1v1. I can see the scum benefit in your stance (you keeping your hands clean, AP ensuring that a lynch actually does go through). I can maybe see the town motivation for your actions - which is just as you say they are: AP being sure and you being unsure, but I would hope that you can come to an actual consensus.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:21 pm

I stood aside and backed off to think and wonder if I was wrong about medea yesterday and they got lynched while I navel gazed.

I may not be able to stop the bodhi saatva's wagon but I oppose it and I'm saying right here and now that I expect they'll flip town.

bodhi saatva. MS. Anti. I will not vote there today.

Egg, I have niggles about. AP feels they're town. Mostly I do too.

I'd fucking hate losing to scum-boons. His play has been atrocious.

If you're town, and my top 3 are town, then it's egg and boon? Does that make any sort of sense?

Would like to hear from Nacho and Skrew.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:24 pm

Oh, that reminds me: one of the reasons I hoped you would understand my townread on Antihero is Serum and Steel. Everyone was convinced CN and Pander Bears were scum at some point and they were defending each other which led to people thinking they were scum together. A similar thing started happening here and I was able to immediately identify with Antihero in a way that I don't think is me being manipulated. It was the same in Tales with JSU - I just
knew
that they won't flip scum no matter what. Sure, scum have fooled me sometimes but that feeling is never there. There's always a bit of hesitancy and paranoia.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:25 pm

* The feeling I'm referring to is the "there's no way this player is scum and that's never going to change" feeling.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:31 pm

You thought I would get the same sense from Anti as you?
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

@mod: can a town universal backup become a PT previously held by scum?

VOTE: egg

This, to me, really is the lynchpin for this game (pun intended).

If scum, that thing by Mara will really make me lose respect for her, but I guess I'm willing to risk this game on the fact that she's not.

There was this game a while ago with ffery as SK, and me and regfan as town, in which I wasn't particular verbose, but I think my reads were decent. I'm surprised I haven't seen that game referenced. It seems as though I've convinced AP, on a logical and mostly setup-based level, that egg must be scum, but he seems to be avoiding that vote. I could definitely see egg's buddy avoiding the bus ATM, if they think they wouldn't win it alone.

I don't know if it was ffery or AP that said my reads aren't valid because I haven't engaged with the game enough, but if it's ffery, she should really know that I don't get good reads by walling at people. I have no doubt that f16 and the crows would be able to produce their sequence of walls aimed at each other as either alignment...
Wandering but not lost
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:33 pm

In post 3753, Murder of Crows wrote:I stood aside and backed off to think and wonder if I was wrong about medea yesterday and they got lynched while I navel gazed.

I may not be able to stop the bodhi saatva's wagon but I oppose it and I'm saying right here and now that I expect they'll flip town.

If you're town, and my top 3 are town, then it's egg and boon? Does that make any sort of sense?

Not really, no. As long as we are right about there being a mafia strongman, I doubt it is Boon and Egg. The only possibility I could see maybe is that Egg is some sort of a JOAT who has a roleblock as well as a strong kill. It is possible but I'm thinking it is more likely that he's a goon. I guess Anatole could have vigged Yonce or Egg is actually not a roleblocker and came up with the claim as a creative way to stall his lynch D3 but it is speculation that's out there. It is possible that Boon is a scum goon but he's likely not a strongman.

Also, I remember you saying that you as town would go to any lengths to stop a wagon on town-Nacho while you may not as scum. Why do you feel that you would be unable to stop it here (and I'm asking for a deeper answer than we don't have the gravitas to do it)?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:46 pm

Post by Egg »

You guys realize my role is semi provable right?

And as scum, I'd have been blocking Boon.

Like the scum JOAT argument is the first decent one I've heard all game.

I mean I hate the idea of blocking town power just to prove my role, but I could do it instead of being lynched

Or is it better for me to be lynched instead of living to LYLO and getting lynched there?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by Egg »

Serra, do you have any reasons why I'm scum? Just like Metal, I haven't seen much from you about it except rhetoric.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:51 pm

In post 3758, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
In post 3753, Murder of Crows wrote:I stood aside and backed off to think and wonder if I was wrong about medea yesterday and they got lynched while I navel gazed.

Not really, no. As long as we are right about there being a mafia strongman, I doubt it is Boon and Egg. The only possibility I could see maybe is that Egg is some sort of a JOAT who has a roleblock as well as a strong kill. It is possible but I'm thinking it is more likely that he's a goon. I guess Anatole could have vigged Yonce or Egg is actually not a roleblocker and came up with the claim as a creative way to stall his lynch D3 but it is speculation that's out there. It is possible that Boon is a scum goon but he's likely not a strongman.

Also, I remember you saying that you as town would go to any lengths to stop a wagon on town-Nacho while you may not as scum. Why do you feel that you would be unable to stop it here (and I'm asking for a deeper answer than we don't have the gravitas to do it)?

I don't really have a deeper answer. It should be clear that I'd prefer my own lynch over theirs if it comes to that. I think Nacho could solve this mess if he gets a decent chunk of time.

What actually happens in this hydra won't go to that extreme because AP and I have to find stances we can both live with and hopefully both fully agree on.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:58 pm

In post 3757, serrapaladin wrote:

VOTE: egg

This, to me, really is the lynchpin for this game (pun intended).

If scum, that thing by Mara will really make me lose respect for her, but I guess I'm willing to risk this game on the fact that she's not.

There was this game a while ago with ffery as SK, and me and regfan as town, in which I wasn't particular verbose, but I think my reads were decent. I'm surprised I haven't seen that game referenced. It seems as though I've convinced AP, on a logical and mostly setup-based level, that egg must be scum, but he seems to be avoiding that vote. I could definitely see egg's buddy avoiding the bus ATM, if they think they wouldn't win it alone.

I don't know if it was ffery or AP that said my reads aren't valid because I haven't engaged with the game enough, but if it's ffery, she should really know that I don't get good reads by walling at people. I have no doubt that f16 and the crows would be able to produce their sequence of walls aimed at each other as either alignment...

I don't remember saying that.

Your reads were decent, and you were considerably more verbose. You went off and did meta research on Naomi Tan and made a town case on her that arguably prevented her mislynch. It doesn't have to be walling AT people to be effective.

Even though you thought I was scum in that game, you did reach out and try to get me to put content in the game. Which I did. I convinced myself that Elyse' hydra wasn't scum and made a meta case for her play being well within the town range of her play. I didn't pour my heart into preventing her mislynch for obvious reasons, but I did try to look elsewhere that day for actual scum.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Actually here's previous Ffery/Regfan meta experience besides Mini 1516: Mini 1469: Rage. Going to take a glance through it in a bit. I think it was forgotten.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:02 pm

Actually I remember meta-ing Naomi. Maybe we both did.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:05 pm

In post 3763, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:Actually here's previous Ffery/Regfan meta experience besides Mini 1516: Mini 1469: Rage. Going to take a glance through it in a bit. I think it was forgotten.

You know, I didn't know who he was or anything about him in that game. The first game where I was aware of him/his reputation was the FE:A large theme. IIRC he replaced into the game after I was dead. he and zmuffin were in the RiftXChesskid family neighborhood.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:09 pm

AP really disagrees with wagoning Egg today. Add him to the won't vote list.

I think the strength of his egg read is part of why he thinks Nacho's scum.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:56 pm

In post 3756, Murder of Crows wrote:You thought I would get the same sense from Anti as you?

I still want to talk about this. I don't remember you indicating that this read had JSU level significance to you. How was I supposed to pick up on this? Or, like I said, did you expect me to get the same sense from Anti?

Because he and I haven't played together nearly enough games for me to get that level of certainty from his play here. And, I've never played a game where he was scum. That's a significant meta gap to bridge.
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:28 pm

In post 3757, serrapaladin wrote:It seems as though I've convinced AP, on a logical and mostly setup-based level, that egg must be scum, but he seems to be avoiding that vote.

I don't know why you think this. I flatout said that scum could be in the VTs and that would be plausible. I also said that I disagree with Egg's decisions but that doesnt make him scum.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 3739, jesusbuddhavrishnathebest wrote:
Please ignore the replacement request.

Make up your minds.

In post 3757, serrapaladin wrote:

The Universal Backup cannot become a PT of any kind. I'm not sure how that's possible. If you're asking about a scum PR, though, then yes they could.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:41 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I'm confident there's scum between boon and egg.
Wandering but not lost
Murder of Crows
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Murder of Crows
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:50 am

f-16 I don't feel like this is going anywhere.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:21 am

Okay then. May the best man (or woman) win this battle to the death. I'll have no hard feelings if you manage to mislynch me and I will be impressed that you've stepped up your scumgame and are getting your mojo back, so don't even think about pulling your punches.

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:23 am

Egg is the only other person I'm willing to lynch today - and that only if an actual wagon forms on him and he's viable.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:37 am

I would make a case but Regfan has outlined it beautifully here and I don't want to sound repetitive as I found a lot of similar things scummy.

Spoiler: Murder Case
In post 1467, Regfan wrote:So, here's why MoC's scum and why we're lynching them today:

1) Found the entrance in to be forced and exaggerated, AP later attempting to slip in a statement that he would 'never' make that post as scum in reads as ridiculously disingenuous especially since he's not one to shy away from 'attention' as scum.

2) Reaction towards being FoS'ed in / / / don't read natural at all and comes across as very manipulative; little to no reason to attempt to manipulate the IC as town whereas scum have plenty. Didn't like their posts directed at Cabd at end of D1 specifically and which looks like an attempt to get 'town read' and also as F-16 pointed out play the fear card (which is something F-16 actually did to me last game and I almost bought it), reaction to F-16 more recently is similarly bad. MoCs and look really fake, with 30 minutes to go and the closest they ever got to a lynch I'd expect Town!Them to be more frantic about just getting a lynch in, attempting to play the "When we flip town" while doing near nothing to get a lynch in looks like an attempt to get town-cred while simultaneously not helping the town at all.

3) Reasoning behind the town read on Riddelton in is lynchworthy alone, town reading someone as you don't believe scum would push something they know is "fake" makes no sense because almost everything scum push is 'fake'. I don't see an experienced player like Ffyer or AP coming up with or using logic this insanely weak as town, fact that this happens to be on the other person I'm scum-reading here strengthens this and makes Riddleton-MoC a likely team.

4) This is probably one of the larger ones but throughout the entire game (And especially when they were suspected) they set themselves up to be able to vote just about anyone, you can see Antihero set up in , Egg in , Bass in also agree with Anti massively when he says their turn around on him does not flow at all, reasoning in really contradicts , there's a lot more instances of her setting up to vote on weaker players and the while the culmination of them is damning I think the context of these ones are more crucial. If you take a look at for instance their "Left" pool is pretty much solely players that either a) Scum read them or b) Are weaker easier players to push. The throw down vote on Egg purely as a "PoE scum read" after their entire reads list also reads as scummy and points against them legitimately scumhunting.

5) The FoS and "If you lynch us you should really look at lynching this D2" in about Yonce who had replaced their somehow "strong town read" of Riddleton looks ridiculously scummy especially given the lack of follow up on this by them, until I replaced in they were putting near no focus on Yonce and even now their focus is minimal, there's no real attempt to get a read on him or natural progression in their read on him.

6) The fact that almost the entire playerlist FoS'ed MoC yesterday but they never got past L-3 in the entire day phase heavily points towards them being scum, partners wanting to distance but no buss; if they're town I'd have expected them to at minimum have been put to L-2/L-1 and forced to claim.

Vote: MoC

Reads on Jesus / Isott will come shortly or if I pass out tomorrow evening.

Adding on to that:

1) Ffery's interaction with me never felt like she was trying to sort me.

2) Their hydra's stance on Jesus makes literally no sense. Ffery townreads Nacho but is willing to let him get lynched. AP scumreads him.
Town-Ffery has admitted in the past that she would go to any lengths to derail a town-Nacho's lynch while scum-Ffery wouldn't.

3) They've been caught scum since early D1 and wagons were diverted off of them multiple times (including the no-lynch D1) through the entire damn game and we're now close to LYLO.

4) Egg and Murder fit perfectly as scum-partners with Egg having Murder in his POE pool yet refusing to vote them when the time came while he creates yet more unlikely scenarios to rescind his scum read.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”