dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 919, Wax wrote:Are you guys fucking kidding me?

Requoting for emphasis. Bolded mine.

In post 908, dodgy56 wrote:Can someone explain to me why they believe
dave is a buddy to me
? i honestly dont see it.

A BUDDY TO ME. Not "scum". He "doesn't see" Dave being a buddy to him.

How more obvious can it be?

you arent arguing that dave is a buddy to anyone else... you are arguing that he is a buddy to me.. i asked for an explanation of what people are believing (which is that dave is a buddy to me, not that dave is buddy to a scum). The 2 are different things
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Wax »

so dave can be a buddy to you but not scum?
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Wax »

In post 894, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Xay's absence from the thread has been noted.

No he's in the thread too
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 925, dodgy56 wrote:

dave is a buddy to me

you arent arguing that dave is a buddy to anyone else... you are arguing that he is a buddy to me.. i asked for an explanation of what people are believing (which is that dave is a buddy to me, not that dave is buddy to a scum). The 2 are different things

They are not two different things at all. Buddy=scumbuddy. The fact that you are using the word buddy is a pretty bad sign right now.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by House »

VOTE: dodgy
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 928, SilverWolf wrote:

dave is a buddy to me

They are not two different things at all. Buddy=scumbuddy. The fact that you are using the word buddy is a pretty bad sign right now.

ok perhaps im not quite explaining properly what i mean.

people are arguing that dave is my buddy specifically, not that he is a buddy to any scum.

those are 2 different things. i am asking why people believe he is a buddy to me specifically?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by House »

In post 930, dodgy56 wrote:

dave is a buddy to me

people are arguing that dave is my buddy specifically, not that he is a buddy to any scum.

those are 2 different things. i am asking why people believe he is a buddy to me specifically?

Personally, I view your lynch as a means to an end. Dave is scum and needs to go. If that means you do too, so be it.

If you're town, you should be happy to go if it means taking out scum.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:25 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 904, House wrote:
In post 874, Deux wrote:I don't need to see where bad votes are on town. They are all bad because they are on town.

Wrong. When town is scummy, the vote isn't bad. The townie is.

You deserve a refund for whoever sold you that. Townies get lynched for a plethora of reasons, and not all of them are their fault.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I'm doing my Toffee meta dive now. I'll be refreshing every so often so if people have questions, now is the time.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by House »

In post 932, Shinobi wrote:
In post 904, House wrote:
In post 874, Deux wrote:I don't need to see where bad votes are on town. They are all bad because they are on town.

Wrong. When town is scummy, the vote isn't bad. The townie is.

You deserve a refund for whoever sold you that. Townies get lynched for a plethora of reasons, and not all of them are their fault.

I didn't say all votes on townies are good. I said not all votes on townies are bad.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I have no interest in this argument whatsoever and I'm mad at myself for bringing it up.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 931, House wrote:

dave is a buddy to me

Personally, I view your lynch as a means to an end. Dave is scum and needs to go. If that means you do too, so be it.

and ive said i dont think dave is scummy lately? his early game was a bit scummy, but to me his play later in the day seemed townie.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 896, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Nobody finds the timing of this post bad?

- Yay, one person does!

In post 844, insanity018 wrote:
I definitely agree that some of dodgy's posting has been scummy. Going from finding Flames obvscum to having no stance on Flames at all is bizarre. But I'm far less confident on him than Flames.
He is new and I was a bit all over the place and made mistakes in my first town game as well.

You seem to be assuming that Dodgy is town in the bolded part of this quote.

*Nods* I like this post. IMO BBT is really townie to me. :) That and House are my top two town reads :)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:53 pm

Post by House »

In post 936, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 931, House wrote:

and ive said i dont think dave is scummy lately? his early game was a bit scummy, but to me his play later in the day seemed townie.

Yeah, and that's you soft defending your buddy after you realized people were starting to latch onto your distancing dance as a legitimate wagon.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

No one thinks he is buddying you if that's what you are asking. The implication is that he's your scumbuddy bussing you. If he was buddying you, he would not be voting for you.

Is that what you are asking right now? This concern of yours about Dave just screams that you are worried about being linked to him.

This post also looks like you are concerned about Dave but in a different way.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 939, SilverWolf wrote:

No one thinks he is buddying you if that's what you are asking. The implication is that he's your scumbuddy bussing you. If he was buddying you, he would not be voting for you.

Is that what you are asking right now? This concern of yours about Dave just screams that you are worried about being linked to him.

This post also looks like you are concerned about Dave but in a different way.

i understand what the implication is... im not asking why people think he is buddying me. im asking why people think he and i are scumbuddies.

im asking why people are saying we are linked? you can call that being worried about being linked to him if thats what you see it as, but what im actually trying to do is understand what the basis is for saying we are linked

not sure what you are implying with the last part
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Titus »

dave is a buddy to me

Suppose he's derping and means the other kind of Buddy or he's an analytical thinker saying your scum team sucks and you are twisting bc you see Dave as scum therefore we both are. In simple terms, he is stating they are unaligned.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 937, MathBlade wrote:
In post 896, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Nobody finds the timing of this post bad?

- Yay, one person does!

In post 844, insanity018 wrote:
I definitely agree that some of dodgy's posting has been scummy. Going from finding Flames obvscum to having no stance on Flames at all is bizarre. But I'm far less confident on him than Flames.
He is new and I was a bit all over the place and made mistakes in my first town game as well.

You seem to be assuming that Dodgy is town in the bolded part of this quote.

*Nods* I like this post. IMO BBT is really townie to me. :) That and House are my top two town reads :)

I do not find it indicative at all. Referring to someone as town while town reading them is nothing special. BBT's ISO is full of this fake scum hunting and inconsistencies.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I thought I would post but I won't. I'm in no mood and I'm restricting myself atm.
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:07 am

Post by Wax »

In post 941, Titus wrote:Suppose he's derping and means the other kind of Buddy or he's an analytical thinker saying your scum team sucks and you are twisting bc you see Dave as scum therefore we both are. In simple terms, he is stating they are unaligned.

why is he asking "explain why dave is my partner" instead of "explain why dave is scum"? It doesn't make any sense.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:30 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 944, Wax wrote:
In post 941, Titus wrote:Suppose he's derping and means the other kind of Buddy or he's an analytical thinker saying your scum team sucks and you are twisting bc you see Dave as scum therefore we both are. In simple terms, he is stating they are unaligned.

why is he asking "explain why dave is my partner" instead of "explain why dave is scum"? It doesn't make any sense.

because the argument that seems to be occuring for why dave is scum is that he is my partner. but i dont understand that part so im cutting out the middle man and asking why he is my partner, rather than asking why he is scum then being told because he is my partner and then me having to ask the question im asking now.
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:32 am

Post by Wax »

people are not scumreading dave because he's your partner. they are scumreading him because he's scum and they have explained their reasons. i am the only one who keeps noting that both you and he are scum. and I have explained why but you keep ignoring my answer.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:36 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 946, Wax wrote:people are not scumreading dave because he's your partner. they are scumreading him because he's scum and they have explained their reasons. i am the only one who keeps noting that both you and he are scum. and I have explained why but you keep ignoring my answer.

yeah no.. youre not. if thats not the reason he is scum please explain why he is scum to me? and please explain what makes us scum buddies. i dont remember seeing an answer (if you have im sorry, please just link me to it)
Wax
Wax
Mafia Scum
Wax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:50 am

Post by Wax »

In post 768, Wax wrote:
In post 730, dodgy56 wrote:what makes you think dave and i are scum buddies?

dave first tried to defend you then 180'd and hopped on your wagon when he saw your lynch is inevitable
not rocket science
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:52 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 948, Wax wrote:
In post 768, Wax wrote:
In post 730, dodgy56 wrote:what makes you think dave and i are scum buddies?

dave first tried to defend you then 180'd and hopped on your wagon when he saw your lynch is inevitable
not rocket science

and it isnt possible that he did that as town because???

Return to “Completed Open Games”