Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:29 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Normal boring VC here.
I think that's pretty clear.
I might try to entertain myself.
But really, this is gonna be hell.

VC 51
:

Toon Fighter - 10 (Frightened inmate number3, guille2015, ArcAngel9, Bulbazak, Ankamius, farside22, Titus, Muffin, shos, Fluminator)

shos - 9 (theelkspeaks, Klingoncelt, ProHawk, Jackel98, Wisdom, Toon Fighter, Pine, BlizZard, Alchemist21)

Jackel98 - 3 (EddieFenix, alivechihiro, DrippingGoofBall)
alivechihiro - 1 (PeregrineV)
Frightened inmate number3 - 1 (eyestott)

Not Voting: 3 (Awesome, Nobody Special, Pirate Ika)

With 27 alive, it's 14 to lynch.

Day One's deadline is Thursday, January 29th, @ 4:15 PM PST.
Toon Fighter for the lynch.

Two days until the lynch!
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

I think it's interesting that shos wagon grew fast, where as the tf wagon has been stalling since I put together a case on him.

Going to disagree with bulba on the arc read.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:40 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 2119, Toon Fighter wrote:
In post 2095, farside22 wrote:Still waiting room for you to explain your scum reads.
Please no hypocrisy there.

scum reads:
Arcangel, who accused me based on a lie, and then voted me and keeps calling for my lynch with no justification
shos, who is trolling and active lurking throughout the game without contributing really, and who survivalistically now votes me while having a town read on me;

After a couple of ISO's
alivechihiro looks pretty neutral after an ISO, but could just be lurking scum (not really scum read, just wanted to post this here after the ISO);
FIN3 looks bad, but I am still assuming just a Jester;
The case on Jackel looks decent too, there's a chance there is scum there

So, these are my top scum reads right now.

@Bulba: I tried to keep low and just survive the D1 because of my role. I am still a bit rusty, and the bandwagon on me just kept piling up while I was trying to get to night to use my power to help town and block a low profile scum player. I may not have played this day the best way, but my intentions were always to lynch scum and try to find the right target for my JK. You say shos is not the best lynch for today, but I am also the wrong choice! You just have rose-tinted glasses looking at shos because he is your neighbor and he said something very *mysterious* in there THAT WE DIDN'T see and apparently made him 101% town!

@people who were asking to see games where I was mislynched: Check my post history. You just described 70% of my mafia games

I'm going to note, nowhere in this post does tf explain his scum read on shos.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by Muffin »

In post 2150, mastin2 wrote:Jackel98 - 3 (EddieFenix, alivechihiro,
DrippingGoofBall
)

DeeGeeBee, I find playing with you to be both pleasant and enjoyable.

Why have you forsaken me by avoiding this thread?
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by guille2015 »

In post 2141, shos wrote:Suggestion: we lynch Jackal instead.
1. he's a scumread of many
2. he's more scummy than Toon who is probtown
3. he's lurksacking his way through
4. this is probably a town VS town 2 leading wagons.

I'm ok with lynching the Jackal.
Pirate Ika
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Pirate Ika »

okay

so there are 3 top bws and I am going to lay out some of my thoughts here. these are mostly mollie's reads with a bit of ika's thoughts sprinkled in. mollie being moi.

first jackal since he provided the links I asked for to look at:

I iso-ed him in all of the games including his scum 1 and looked at the mod posts and skimmed the games and I can see how the avenue that I was pursuing is not applicable here which is his activity level correlates to his alignment cos was decently active in the games he linked to. I see where wis is getting his meta read from and I might draw the same conclusion except I now have 2 completed games where he was lurksack waste of space and in this game it genuinely looks like he is trying to sort things out and i still think that him questioning titus screams town, sure scum do it all of the time but it is usually done by experienced players. I also agree with titus that he is striking me as more newb hence why the awkwardness. I feel like the points muffin made on him cld easily apply to several players in this game so it kind of looks nitpicky to me so I obvsly will not support a wagon on him today and will oppose any flash lynch on him that tries to develope.

next is toon and this is where it gets interesting:

I have no baseline for toon's play but I hate the survivalistic vote on shos. I think the far case holds some merit and I hated the way he kept trying to tie wis to 2 different players w/o actually voting wis. I hate his active lurking. what I DO like about him is that he claimed unprompted and offered up a reads list unprompted. a reads list that really doesn't reflect that of a scumplayer it looks more like lost town trying to get a grip on the game. he isn't trying to stir up wifom. so meh, unsure.

the interesting part are the reasons some people are voting him. so far I have seen:

his claim is negative utility.
when it isn't. a compulsive jk is NOT a negative utility since most jks will use their ability since it can either protect or block and I am not understanding why bulba doesn't understand this.
his wagon is all town.
I read this and i was like wat. cos I don't see any real reason to townread arc and guille so far. the only all town wagon in a large I have seen on this site was in organic chemistry where I watched with a mixture of fascination, horror and awe as mastina was lynched on d1. it was the funniest yet most horrific thing I have ever seen and it is also my favourite moment in mafia (mastina might disagree) cos it was so
bad
but I was scum in that game and loved the result even tho watching its process was painful. I think I agree with klingon when she said that both wagons look like they have scum on it cos that is my impression.
<<< That moment might be more traumatic to me if I wasn't so filled with apathy and spite in regards to it. >>>

3. the rest are "oh he is scum" with not a lot of reasoning whatsoever. I get that every1 is a special snowflake in this game and some people want to rush into the nightphase but that is pretty lazy w/o reeeeally trying to sort the game out.

next is shos:

zarella and I have asked shos to quantify his thought progression and he keeps dodging it and tossing out very surface level reasoning.
there is no organic progression to his thoughts.
I have hated every single vote that he has made. unlike toon I DO have a baseline of shos play and he is NOT hitting the right notes here. he makes promises and then doesn't deliver. I find the hood's hard defense of him to be incredibly bizarre and with the quoted 70 posts in the hood with fin having 6 posts and bulba claiming 14 (at the time) who is doing all of the posting there. to me it reads that shos is spending more time in 1 aspect of the game while avoiding the rest, if he is placing all of his thoughts in the hood and not in the game thread. it is the this lack of transparent processing as to why I keep scumreading him. I feel like we have given him lots chances to make himself do so and he isn't; instead there is a reliance on his neighbours to defend him and they are making a better defense then shos himself when the simple solution is to address what zarella and I brought up and make himself clear and he is not even attempting to do so. I have been scum in a hood before and I know that you only have so much energy to expend cos being scum in a hood is exhausting.

what bothers me the most is that he just isn't trying to sort out his reads in any discernible way. I have if you have a super powah and you happen to be in a hood that you are measuring your steps. titus thinks he feels wrong and I agree; he really and truly does. the avoidance + the bad votes + plus the lack of read progression + opportunistic vote + the reliance on the hood to vouch for him lead me to incline towards that he is scum. I don't trust neighbourhoods in general anymore from a multitude of games and if he is being cleared for that then well the hood is privy to things I do not know. nor is any1 REALLY explaining as to why he is so town in the hood. like this is what i get from the hood; he is town and is a bad lynch for today. that is it. and there is nothing of shos in thread play to support that. I guess I am working from the position that every1 is special and that means there is an added responsibility of towning it up so that there is a clear trail to follow.

tl;dr: I get more of a town trail from toon than I do from shos.

so

VOTE: shos

I am still waiting for you to do something fantastic.
Last edited by mastin2 on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guille2015
guille2015
Mafia Scum
guille2015
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by guille2015 »

In post 2118, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 2102, guille2015 wrote:I'm totally revising my Pirate Ika Town read now.

Why?

Their actions in the last dozen pages have been mostly detrimental to the flow of the game, and wrong. That said, this has always been Mollie's Play and I can't distinguish between Mollie and IKa. So it's not to say that it's scummy. Mollie did the same thing with Hawk last game. But when she said she posted something on the PT for Ika, it made me wonder a bit.
Pirate Ika
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Pirate Ika »

In post 2134, Muffin wrote:
In post 2133, Wisdom wrote:Your point being? That's just answering to bulba. He's not actually trying to save himself.

He literally said that he was trying to survive through to D2 less than a page before you claimed he was going on some kind of town martyr trip.

It directly contradicts your characterization and it baffles me that it's even possible to interpret it the way you're trying.

wrt the bold: shos is doing the same thing. he is voting his townread so that he can survive.
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:57 pm

Post by Muffin »

In post 2157, Pirate Ika wrote:wrt the bold: shos is doing the same thing. he is voting his townread so that he can survive.

I'm simply debunking Wisdom's piss-poor reasons for townreading TF.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 2151, farside22 wrote:I think it's interesting that shos wagon grew fast, where as the tf wagon has been stalling since I put together a case on him.

Yeah, but no one is paying attention to that or the composition of the wagons.

In post 2151, farside22 wrote:
Going to disagree with bulba on the arc read.

You're going to have to be more specific.

In post 2155, Pirate Ika wrote:
his claim is negative utility.
when it isn't. a compulsive jk is NOT a negative utility since most jks will use their ability since it can either protect or block and I am not understanding why bulba doesn't understand this.

At no point did I say this was my reason for voting TF. In fact, I've said over and over again that my points about TF's claim have absolutely nothing to do with why I think he's scum and everything to do with why I don't think people should pay attention to the claim.

his wagon is all town.
I read this and i was like wat. cos I don't see any real reason to townread arc and guille so far. the only all town wagon in a large I have seen on this site was in organic chemistry where I watched with a mixture of fascination, horror and awe as mastina was lynched on d1. it was the funniest yet most horrific thing I have ever seen and it is also my favourite moment in mafia (mastina might disagree) cos it was so
bad
but I was scum in that game and loved the result even tho watching its process was painful. I think I agree with klingon when she said that both wagons look like they have scum on it cos that is my impression.

The fact of the matter is that the TF wagon has more strong town reads and less null/scum reads than the Shos wagon, which seems to be composed of them. In terms of wagon quality, there's no doubt that TF is the better wagon.

3. the rest are "oh he is scum" with not a lot of reasoning whatsoever. I get that every1 is a special snowflake in this game and some people want to rush into the nightphase but that is pretty lazy w/o reeeeally trying to sort the game out.

Mollie, this is patently false. Every person on the TF wagon have given solid reasoning for their being there. Farside, Titus, and I have given strong cases, and I think Guille has as well, and we've repeated said cases over and over again. Heck, the weaker votes on the wagon have taken more of a time evaluating TF's posts and coming to their own conclusions, which they state, than the ones on the Shos wagon. What you just described was the Shos wagon, and it bewilders me that you can't see that and tear apart the TF wagon for issues that don't even exist, essentially strawmanning the actual arguments against TF.

zarella and I have asked shos to quantify his thought progression and he keeps dodging it and tossing out very surface level reasoning.

what bothers me the most is that he just isn't trying to sort out his reads in any discernible way.

Mollie, why are you avoiding this:

In post 1841, shos wrote:Alright back home.

Soooooooo.
first I'll confirm that FIN3, muffin, bulba and me have a PT together.
In the PT, Bulba, me and muffin are mostly active, and have all claimed. FIN3 hasn't but he also didn't post much at all.
some time during the game I came to a conclusion eyestott is a good place to put pressure. I asked the guys to vote with me naked votes. I naked voted. muffin jumped too. in such a large game, it eventually just ended with my frustration about how hard it is to get pressure on someone.

When I gave up, I started putting my pressure somewhere else(TF). then I found out he was VLA so I changed my vote again.

At the moment, muffin and I agreed that DGB is a good scumdidate; I also think jackal fits. But with the recent happenings, pirate ika's posting became terrible shitstormish. He tried to poke around me being a cop, which had no reason to be done, because even if true in an amazing guess is extremely antitown to point out; he tried to get full claims out of the four of us for...nothing? why would the other three claim if I'm getting pressured? I wasn't even at L-3 iirc, so let's have a massclaim?

In post 1936, shos wrote:
In post 1916, Pirate Ika wrote:

the reasons I am voting shos are not only cos of my interactions with him but because he is not being transparent about what is going on in the hood. the only 1 who really is, is muffin which is why my read on him has shifted a bit. shos agrees with muffin on dgb being scum but rather than push that wagon he then starts a wagon on us based on something he knows ika is more likely to do as town. ika points this out and shos waves him away with a "oh i don't remember" and then promises content today but instead stalls and says it is cos he is waiting for mastina to post an in-depth post count instead of shos actually doing the work himself.

re: the neighbourhood claims. it has been my experience in the 20? 30? 40? fuck it i know where there was a hood, scum were able to manipulate the people in the hood into giving them a townread in thread in order to dodge a lynch like nearly every single time. we were the only hood in xmen who tried to lynch out of our hood on d1 but town were like "noooo he is town" our hood were the very few people who actually tried to lynch scum on d1 cos we were all seeing similar things about majiffy. fortunately his scum partner nked him. it is much easier to manipulate town in a smaller setting when it is only 2 or 3 people you have to convince. <----- this is why i personally hate hoods. and i trust very few people to correctly read their hood.

nearly every1 is going to claim as special, EVERY1. so i am looking at overall play in thread and i don't particularly care what people claim for that reason. there are likely duplicate roles in this game like last game. if shos comes in and towns it up and starts to make sense then I will back off. and only then.

So I'm done with my paper and going to respond to this.

What have I not been transparent about in the hood topic? I told you everything about the activity levels, about how claims went, whatever you asked was answered, except for directly claiming. And why would we want to do that? do you really not realize that outright claiming helps scum? I literally explained how everything went from the moment I thought eyestott was scummy, through me asking in the hood for help pressure, and how when that pressure faded away I added my weight to another pressure wagon, but then realized the VLA and moved on, I mean what do you *not* know that you want to know except for my role? what have I not answered you? stop shitting babe. it's not sexy.

I know that usually neighbourhoods have scum in them, but 1/4 is a chance just about the same as guessing overall, and if you notice, last game there was no scum in it. We do not have each other *confirmed*, and of course will not vouch for each other forever with no good reason. But I can't quote the neighbourhood for you and I'll just tell you that I did get a townread on bulba and muffin, and apparantly they did the same. so you can go balls to the walls and enjoy full ika mode, but you're much less dominant when it's 27 players here, so I suggest taking a look somewhere else.

I'm gonna try and get some stuff done here in the limited time I have, and continue tomorrow.

holyshitninjadbyloadslol

Seriously Mollie, these are the most transparent posts in the game, and you and everyone on the Shos wagon are pretending they don't exist. He told you what his thought process was. He told you why he voted who when. He freaking told you what happened in the PT, which corresponds to his actions in thread, and you haven't freaking listened, insisting that he hasn't done so. Seriously Mollie! Stop!
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2153, Muffin wrote:
DrippingGoofBall
)

I have been busy, what should I do? Tell me.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Vote Toon Fighter.

mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by mastin2 »

VC 52
:

Toon Fighter - 10 (Frightened inmate number3, guille2015, ArcAngel9, Bulbazak, Ankamius, farside22, Titus, Muffin, shos, Fluminator)

shos - 10 (theelkspeaks, Klingoncelt, ProHawk, Jackel98, Wisdom, Toon Fighter, Pine, BlizZard, Alchemist21, Pirate Ika)

Jackel98 - 3 (EddieFenix, alivechihiro, DrippingGoofBall)
alivechihiro - 1 (PeregrineV)
Frightened inmate number3 - 1 (eyestott)

Not Voting: 2 (Awesome, Nobody Special)

With 27 alive, it's 14 to lynch.

Day One's deadline is Thursday, January 29th, @ 4:15 PM PST.
Toon Fighter for the lynch.

Two days until the lynch!
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Seriously, Mollie. This is Voidedmafia all over again. Freaking stop it.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I mean, I freaking did wagon analysis, and I don't do that lightly.

Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Muffin »

In post 2160, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2153, Muffin wrote:
DrippingGoofBall
)

I have been busy, what should I do? Tell me.

I think you should vote ToonFighter.

I would also like to hear your top 3 scum reads with some justification, please.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 pm

In post 2141, shos wrote:Suggestion: we lynch Jackal instead.
1. he's a scumread of many
2. he's more scummy than Toon who is probtown
3. he's lurksacking his way through
4. this is probably a town VS town 2 leading wagons.

This is a town post.

What scum defends the competing wagon? Not a competent scum.

shos is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:28 pm

VOTE: ToonFighter

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:29 pm

In post 2165, Muffin wrote:I would also like to hear your top 3 scum reads with some justification

Not tonight, I have badminton, and I have to watch Face Off!!!

Pirate Ika
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Pirate Ika »

ika blip:

the role: you have stated that you think hes fakeclaiming iirc though so you are objectivly using it to push it further

the wagon: bulb the problem with a lot of what your saying in general witht he wagon is that its /your/ town reads. obviously the people who are not voting TF disagree

3rd one: ehh i dont really see it, he calimed and then nobody decided to revaulate based of the claim. so i find it weak

last bit: that mollie but i dont see 100% trasparency yet. givent he fact that shos role must be better then what he claimed i would be inclined to hear it before i go taking the vote off.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Ika, I just told you guys. If you can't see it, then you have a much bigger problem then voting town.

Pirate Ika
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Pirate Ika »

im heading back to wrok but bulb talk to me objectively and not mollie. you already know shes most likely not going to listen.

im willing to shut her down under one condition: if any of you 3 are protectives, you are to target awsome. and this is non-negotiable
Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Muffin »

In post 2168, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2165, Muffin wrote:I would also like to hear your top 3 scum reads with some justification

Not tonight, I have badminton, and I have to watch Face Off!!!

Yes, Travolta and Cage at their finest.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

@Pirate Ika: Deal. Look at the last couple of my posts and think about it. You should figure it out.

Pirate Ika
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Pirate Ika
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Pirate Ika »

ill be back in a few hours to talk but i can see where your making your points but at the same time you also have to objectivly step back and realize you have the insider info that we dont (his claim and other dicussion)

we cant just go "ok trust you"

pedit: UNVOTE:

if PM comes on tell her to check PT

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”