AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Yes. I think it is. Abusing the mechanic would effectively result in a town auton win. I didn't enroll in a game that took the mods a lot of time to desgin and run, just to use the FUN part of the game as an unintended tactic. And Im not going to put up with people not wanting to kill themselves via mechanic when asked and that resulting in drama. Yes, Im annoyed right now. I can't believe that I'm being scumread for having an ounce of integrity and respect for the mods.

If players did this in a game I was modding, I would be rather upset.

That this has been done in the best does not make it any less of a bullshit excuse for playing the game.

If I told you that I cheated and hacked the mods inbox before, so its ok if I do it again this game, you'd tell me I was retarded.

I think you reporting Falcon was fine. I just think that asking people to INTENTIONALLY violate their role PMs is not only not fun, but also just unfair to all the players in the game who. Especially those of us who joined BECAUSE the post restriction mechanic was going to be entertaining.

Im going to go take some tums before I start vomiting stomach acid.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by TierShift »

Well, nacho, it had a feel of "caught up, here's my vote, I'm done'. It feels like he's content with his vote. And I don't understand that.
And when I don't understand things, people die.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by T S O »

But it's not, Nacho, and you know it.

He just said that getting the entire scumteam off Falcon (hint: this is against every mafia rule ever made and is completely illegal and bannable) with using infractions as lynches (hint: this is a tactic the town of Polite Mafia, including mod kuribo, used to success with no qualms from any players, town or scum, during the game or even after the game).

Enough of this - it's not a question of morals and we shouldn't be bringing those into it. It's essentially not using the Role Cop you were given because you believe Role Cops are cheating. It's an entirely legitimate tactic, both sanctioned and expected by previous games and our current mods.

AngryPidgeon's stance on this is a joke and his play has been so absurdly poor and scummy this game that he deserves to hang for it - or better yet, infract for it.

This was typed on my cellphone.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

STOP SQUABBLING ALL OF YOU RIGHT NOW!!! We MUST find the missing bridesmaids so I can get married!

In post 394, AngryPidgeon wrote:
Being accused of lying about this

I have no idea where this happened. Help me out?
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by T S O »

Hey, AP, remember when I told you the town of Polite Mafia used this?

Thanks to GreyICE's strong play, they ended up losing.

So much for this causing town autowins, yeah? Argument #1 is now dead.

Back to hell with you, and take your rubbish cellphone. I have mine here.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 401, TierShift wrote:Well, nacho, it had a feel of "caught up, here's my vote, I'm done'. It feels like he's content with his vote. And I don't understand that.
And when I don't understand things, people die.

guys guys guys
"Oh I said vote parking? I meant he's content with his vote and I don't understand that!"
is a tremendous pile of bullshit, akin to anything that's come out of Baron Happlebap's mouth ever.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HOLY MODERATORS, SERENES FULL OF GRACE AND LUST FOR MURDER:

DO MODKILLS ON TOWN END THE DAY?

Baron Happlebap got bad grades in middle school and was also a bully.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:15 pm

Post by TierShift »

Right. What I meant by vote parking is just letting your vote stay in a useless place without trying to convince others to move there. That's what just parking a vote is, to me.

I realise that I might have misused it and that an added implication of it is that the vote has been there for a long time. That's not the case, I admit.

So, I don't mean that his vote hzs been there for ages, just that it's useless and AP is not trying to change it.
When are some heads going to roll?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I don't think AP's stance is an invalid one to take. Not wanting to go against the spirit of the game is reasonable enough even when it gives your alignment a disadvantage (I would rather play a game and have fun and play a game I am guaranteed to win). I understand this mindset because I would too also just use lynches instead of modkills because it makes the game more fun. I think that equating using mechanics to town advantage to cheating is absolutely bullshit though: if you design a game in a way where it can be taken advantage of, you're a bad moderator. It isn't the player's responsibility to make sure they don't accidentally break your game. I also think you're both making the mistake of putting opinions in the moderator's mouth.

Baron Happlebap fact:
Baron Happlebap is the 1/10 of dentists who do not recommend Colgate. Baron Happlebap voted for a raise in taxes and yet was fined last year for tax evasion. Baron Happlebap wants to have sex with your white women and your daughters.

Muffin
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Muffin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:30 pm

Post by Muffin »

My eyes are starting to bleed from all this time spent poring over Metal Sonic's email and PM inboxes. It feels so good to really
know
someone, you know? But i do need to take a break, so I'm going to implore you all to take a look at his posts, take a look at katsuki's posts, and join me in concluding that neither has done anything remotely town. And also join me in voting Metal Sonic. I love him so much I want him dead.

-----

Re: AP having a little tantrum, I would like to point out that

a) I'm town

and

b) I'd never voluntarily get myself modkilled

so nobody should think there is unanimous consent for that silly strategy. Why would scum ever agree to get themselves modkilled, especially being down a teammate? It's folly to think that that would work.

Also
In post 362, notscience wrote:why are you dickwaggling

I was being facetious and having a little fun.
One's self-meta cannot be known without invalidating it.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by notscience »

I find this sudden push from TSO funny given my statements on the last page.

Nacho what do you think of the supposed plan?

Like I see what you're saying about rather using lynches and I agree with that but would you be inclined to use this?

I also like muffin's last post, it's a diamond in the rough.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'm leaning pretty strongly town on AP.

VOTE: SleepyKrew

What sort of beer goes best with smoked cohoe salmon?
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by BRantz »

You all need to calm the fuck down, don't you?

I agree with Nacho on this. AP I don't think anyone is trying to attack your integrity here though.

@TSO: Why do you think it is a better strategy to modkill+lynch than just lynch, since you just said it didn't help town win last time? How do you propose getting those who are unwilling to infraction to do so?

@Muffin: Whats up with all the tunneling?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by notscience »

I like it because of the tidbit about how scum would never agree to it in contrast with him saying he's town, I feel like if he's scum he would have worded it differently. Like, scum would have seen the backlash AP got for going against it and gone with it, you know?

Backlash like when Ben Affleck got cast as Batman.

pedit-

Talk to me on that please

What did you think of the things I mentioned in my catchup?

pedit2-

I like the question at TSO.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 408, Nachomamma8 wrote:I think that equating using mechanics to town advantage to cheating is absolutely bullshit though: if you design a game in a way where it can be taken advantage of, you're a bad moderator
I didn't call it cheating at first and I normally wouldn't. The people Im arguing with, however, fail to comprehend words that aren't harsh, so you see where Im coming from.

Im not making a mistake of putting opinions in anyone's mouth. All I've done is explain why this plan is as repulsive as excessive bile.

--

TierShift wrote:Right. What I meant by vote parking is just letting your vote stay in a useless place without trying to convince others to move there. That's what just parking a vote is, to me.

I realise that I might have misused it and that an added implication of it is that the vote has been there for a long time. That's not the case, I admit.

So, I don't mean that his vote hzs been there for ages, just that it's useless and AP is not trying to change it.
When are some heads going to roll?
If I wanted the definition of "Voteparking" I would have typed 'define:voteparking' into google and read the results. This is still rendered entirely invalid by how little time I've been on your wagon in the first place. I've spent my entire time in the thread today responding to bullshit accusations against me, so no, I haven't had the time to go and do things like crusade for your wagon.

Further, I don't really deluded into thinking Im being particularly useful so far, so I'm just going to call you all morons as you vote me for the time being. Maybe one of you will actually learn how to read me after this exercise (although seeing as how not science still hasn't figured it out after several games, my hopes arent horribly high).

The last time I inspected the Baron's liver, it was swolen and his skin yellow. May his hepatitis strike him down so we no longer have to face his tyranny.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by notscience »

TSO, if you haven't already (if you have then link me to where you did) can you point me to the posts you showed the mods for F-16? Thanks.

Also, I bet nacho is secretly jealous of Baron Happlebap like Conan is secretly jealous of Jay Leno.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm a complicated creature, notscience. Some games I would go with TSO's plan, other games I would not. This particular game I would not because shutting on Baron Happlebap in every post that I make is the therapy that I needed. I feel like a Mormon spreading the good word of how horrible of a person Baron Happlebap is, meaning I'm probably gonna be playing a bit more "for the fun" than I would normally. I don't think TSO is that kind of player. I don't think you bring up a strategy that is very much against scum's advantage after you have a very valid argument over why you shouldn't be lynched ever and I think most reads based on what side of the line one falls down on are folly.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

VOTE: TSO
This is a policy vote until he dies.

T S O wrote:
AngryPidgeon's stance on this is a joke and his play has been so absurdly poor and scummy this game that he deserves to hang for it - or better yet, infract for it.

This is so extremely offensive that I considered just getting myself modkilled or replacing out.

I'm voting TSO until he dies or replace out.

The end.

Im done.

This game is giving me an upset stomach.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I think TSO is town. I don't think that the scheme he proposes is cheating. I don't want to do it, however, even if it means we make a few mistakes that send picante sauce all over my pretty new dress.

I see a huge distinction between this:

1. I think someone is town, so I'm not going to report their infractions and I'm going to hope they go unnoticed, and
2. I think someone is scum, so I'm going to GET them if I catch them slipping up.

I already thought about this and decided that if I notice scum messing up, I'll report it; I'm not even going to look for my townreads screwing up, much less try to trip them up with infractions.

That is workable for anyone, I think. What won't work imo is trying to force people to commit infractions. It's going to waste time and clog up the thread with threats. Townies shouldn't give in to these threats and scum simply won't. It makes it harder to sort the two, not easier. It's a given that scum would be involved in the decisions (I'm sure F-16 wasn't the only scum).

I think that scum have an added pressure in this game anyway; they not only have to remember to include their post restriction but also have to try to sound townie. I didn't have F-16 as a firm scumread (I was voting Ika, remember) and was trying to figure him out when he screwed up. Because of this, I think the added pressure may be enough to let us find scum anyway.

I feel pretty confident in our ability to find scum. The nightkill can be valuable information for town. But I don't see a way that forcing people to commit infractions will work. I don't think it's possible (you could threaten to lynch them, but then you probably would just have to lynch them, right?) and I think it could create a smokescreen that would allow actual scum to hide more effectively.

What we are doing is working; I don't know that it needs fixing in this way.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I noticed that I somehow left out a line in my previous post. Also, my pretty dress now has mustard all down it thanks to an errant hot dog that exploded ALL BY ITSELF.

In post 418, Bookitty wrote:I see a huge distinction between this:

1. I think someone is town, so I'm not going to report their infractions and I'm going to hope they go unnoticed, and
2. I think someone is scum, so I'm going to GET them if I catch them slipping up.

And TSO's plan.

Bolded part added. I think it was clear before but that should have been there.

@AngryPidgeon: Do you think TSO is scum?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AP please don't do this to me baby. I need you by my side and I can't have you here when you're being like this :/

Baron Happlebap fact:
Baron Happlebap is a huge Weird Al Yankovich fan and also sleeps in the nude so he doesn't get his overpriced boxers ruined when he wets his bed at night.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

AP you're fucking me over like I fucked Baron Happlebap over when I fucked his wife.

AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I'm not going to tolerate people saying that I am lying about my feelings on the integrity of the game in any circumstance. Ever.

Lynch me then. I'm not going anywhere and I'm certainly not in a headspace to be useful even if I put on a smily face and pretend TSO isn't the worlds most outrageous servant of Baron Happlebap.

Ffery, I'm surprised you didn't have more to say. Not a case of dry-mouth from so much alcohol I hope?
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by notscience »

Hey Nacho I'm curious about your thoughts on a very special someone

I can also kinda see your point about which side of the line they fall on not being alignment indicative now that I think about it, but what about the way they expressed it? Like I mentioned about muffin earlier.

IF YOU LIKE IT THEN YOU SHOULDA PUT A RING ON IT
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

baby I know you're not lying about your feelings tso just made a mistake man, he's only human and he doesn't know you like I do. He isn't a massive asshole without a heart like some Baron Happlebap I know and I think you might be feeling things a little too strongly because he tripped some of your wires but he doesn't know that they are wires of yours and instead was just expressing his opinions in a volatile matter as TSO often does.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”