NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

VoteCount 2.6

Albert B. Rampage (0):

d3x (1):
NakedJogger
dragonspawn (0):

Dripping Goofball (4):
randomidget, Kid A, TheDudeAbides, Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget(0):

Garmr (0):

I Am Innocent (0):

Ika (2):
Nero Cain, Albert B. Rampage
Kid A (0):

Kthxbye (0):

NakedJogger (0):

Nero Cain (0):

Peacebringer (3):
StrangerCoug, I Am Innocent, Dripping Goofball
randomidget (4):
dragonspawn, Kthxbye, d3x, Garmr
StrangerCoug (0):

TellTaleHeart(0):

TheDudeAbides (0):

Not Voting
- Ika, Peacebringer, TellTaleHeart

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2015-02-03 10:00:00).

Ika and Nero Cain have been prodded.
Poking TellTaleHeart.
Last edited by The Dream Weaver on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 974, Flubbernugget wrote:Why are you okay with not having a vote in play right now?

I am not voting right now because I want to see more between DGB and IAI...
vote, not vote, question, not question it is all elements to gauging what is going on... much like your question of me here...
sometimes I vote willy nilly, sometimes I vote off lynch, sometimes I go for counter wagons, sometimes I grab a bandwagon, sometimes I don't vote for awhile, all of which I have done and do regardless of role. Here more often then not what I do draws heat, so no biggie to me there... it is what it is
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Post by ika »

/mental note to get to this after getting done with modding stuff
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:41 pm

Post by d3x »

Spoiler: @IAI
In post 951, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 908, d3x wrote:@IAI
In post 824, d3x wrote:IAI's p583 feels out of place to me. In p486 he supports the Wagon and says that if DGB shifts, he'll follow. She does. He doesn't. At the time of 583, pen is L-2 and DGB has been on the Wagon for ~2 pages. He admits his Vote is useless and there's definitely room on the Wagon, but he tries to start a FlashMob on Nero. After the Claim, he lightly prods pen, but still doesn't really take a stance.

It's interesting that in your very next contribution after I posted this, you put in a soft push against me. It's also interesting that as of page 21, you are "very confident in your Town Read" on me. The vast majority of behaviors that Jogger is screaming about occurred while this was the case. At what point did you change your mind? You clearly didn't disagree with my stance on pen's Claim; you posted after I did and questioned pen expressing doubt.

Question time!

1. <
see above re: your Read change
>
2. What is your response to the above quote?
3. What is it that about Jogger's case on me that you most agree with?
4. How much stock do you put in meta?
5. What is your Read on Kthx?

1) My town read was based on your reaction to TDA. You totally diffused that wagon, which based on my read of TDA was very town. Since then, you've lost points. Your wagon on pen (which was your only vote D1 btw), whether I agreed with it or not, flipped town. I feel randomidget is an easy wagon too. And Kid A as well. I don't feel you have gotten your hands dirty, it feels like you keep going after the low hanging fruit (TDA wagon aside).

2) I think that quote totally characterizes how I felt. I like multiple wagons. We had two large wagons D1, as someone pointed out, with many of the same people. Neither wagon crossed with the others. I feel like multiple wagons gets information. With more than 1 wagon, there is a greater chance at one of those wagons including scum. Which forces the scum to bus, vote a counterwagon, or try to start a new wagon. We gained none of that information D1 because there was never any CWs.

Long story short, I was okay with Pen, but I personally would have rather seen a 2nd wagon. My preference at that moment was it be Nero, which nobody agreed with.

3) Jogger hasn't swayed me, my read on you is based on gut/feelings from #1 above. Like I said earlier, this doesn't feel like the same d3x from YCBA 2.

4) Not as much as Pirate Mollie, but I do put some stock in meta. Like I said in #3, your game feels different from our last together, yet garmr's feels the same. Early on in a game, that holds quite a bit of weight, at least until we get some scum flips.

5) kthx also feels a bit different from last game. Not a fan of his two votes (NJ or randomidget) either. Tho I will say randomidget lurking is not making me feel great about my town read there. NJ is coming off as very town in my eyes.

1- How is Kid A an 'easy Wagon' or even 'low hanging fruit'? Is there some groundswell against him that I'm unaware of? Do you disagree with my assessment of his push on me Yesterday? How do you reconcile me not getting my 'hands dirty' and at the same time chastising me {no matter how slight} for leading the Wagon on Townpen? If I were truly Scum in this scenario, I'd know he was Town. His blood is all over my hands either way.

2- That's nice and all, but it doesn't really speak to my quote in the least. I'm saying you went against your word. You're responding with 'I like choices'. You said that you would follow DGB onto the penWagon and then you didn't. Why? If you truly were ok with pen, but would've liked a CounterWagon, why did you offer to ghost DGB's Vote in the first place? Did you actually have any intention of following her?

4&5- Up until this point, I'd say I was having serious doubts about you. If you'd have said that you had a TownRead on Kthx and that you put any amount of stock in meta, I'd switch to you in a heartbeat and call in any markers I had to see you swing. As Kthx has said, we've been friends for decades and have played in nigh countless games together. We aren't always 100%, but to ignore his metaRead on me in favor of your own single point of data would be very scummy indeed. Having doubts in Kthx's alignment calls into question the veracity of his meta Read on me. I'd still like an answer to my new questions, but you've largely sated my suspicions.

--other business--

We have a week to go and 3 viable Wagons to choose from: DGB, Pb, and midget. Time to start lobbying, chappies & chappettes.

DGB
- I don't completely understand why this is a thing.
Pb
- I wouldn't be heartbroken if this was our Lynch Today, but I'm not really feeling it at this juncture.
midget
- Someone give me a reason why this guy
isn't
Scum.

@dragonp- I'm waiting. Please make this a priority.

In post 937, TheDudeAbides wrote:I'm not interested i lynching Random Midget.
Why not? :cry:

FlashWagons I'd probably join:
Garmr
Dragon
Kid A

--final thoughts--

Be safe out there East Coasters.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:39 pm

Post by ika »

mkay

peace town
SC town
TDA is null
IAI is null

anyone i miss?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

guys. I'm real sorry. I am so checked out from this game. I need to start doing shit.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:01 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 970, PeaceBringer wrote:well I thought he might be bad and sadly I was not around to back off when he had the melt down. Did you know for fact Killapen was town? I did not.

I replaced in after he died, remember?

In post 972, PeaceBringer wrote:and strangcoug, I ask you why you pick my vote to question and lock onto, why not some others?

Because you had dropped your counterattack claiming that you had your games confused (which happens to me in non-Mafia games from time to time, so it's not a far stretch for me to believe that someone could get two Mafia games confused) and I wanted a satisfactory answer to the other part of my case on you. If I wanted to look for bad votes besides yours, I probably could, but I have class in half an hour.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:34 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 981, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 970, PeaceBringer wrote:well I thought he might be bad and sadly I was not around to back off when he had the melt down. Did you know for fact Killapen was town? I did not.

I replaced in after he died, remember?

In post 972, PeaceBringer wrote:and strangcoug, I ask you why you pick my vote to question and lock onto, why not some others?

Because you had dropped your counterattack claiming that you had your games confused (which happens to me in non-Mafia games from time to time, so it's not a far stretch for me to believe that someone could get two Mafia games confused) and I wanted a satisfactory answer to the other part of my case on you. If I wanted to look for bad votes besides yours, I probably could, but I have class in half an hour.

there was not a lot of thought in my vote, admittedly. Of the votes going around, it was one I felt comfortable with. I am not comfortable how it played out but as i said, ommelettes need broken eggs...
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:51 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Hello everyone, I'm still in the process of reading and catching up. I'll be with you shortly.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 978, d3x wrote:1- How is Kid A an 'easy Wagon' or even 'low hanging fruit'?

Kid A is extremely difficult to lynch. Why, I cannot say.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:10 am

Post by d3x »

Sure. That's why I'm asking IAI how he's categorized Kid A as such.

GTKAS - d3x
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:48 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote IAI for now...
Still want to hear more from DGB as she continues to have avoided the question of Why did you flop perspective from day one to now?
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:29 am

Post by The Dream Weaver »

Kthxbye has been prodded.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:43 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

UNVOTE: Peacebringer

I am going to want time to think before I make another vote.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:44 am

Post by Garmr »

I really want this random midget lynch rolling.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:56 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

vote IAI
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Prod received and I'll catch-up when I get a chance. It's been a pretty shitty week.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I could be psyching myself out her but I'm starting to think IAI might not be scum but more in the morning.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

Waiting for Kthx to respond
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

I still think dgb is scum
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by d3x »

This shit's stalled out so freaking hard and this benefits no one but Scum.

The deadline is now 6 days away and we're actually
further
from consolidating the Lynch.

@Peace- Do you actually want a Wagon to pop up on IAI? Do you think it has better wheels than the other 3? What would you say is the most compelling evidence that might sway 8 others to join you and help keep your Vote from being wasted?

GTKAS - d3x
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:39 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 995, d3x wrote:@Peace- Do you actually want a Wagon to pop up on IAI? Do you think it has better wheels than the other 3? What would you say is the most compelling evidence that might sway 8 others to join you and help keep your Vote from being wasted?

I am giving DGB a chance to answer in a reasonable way. I am being patient at the moment... and if I decide to not vote or park my vote waiting to see what else goes down and how things play out, well that is my business... you can lynch me for it if you like
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I already answered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:14 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 995, d3x wrote:This shit's stalled out so freaking hard and this benefits no one but Scum.

The deadline is now 6 days away and we're actually
further
from consolidating the Lynch.

@Peace- Do you actually want a Wagon to pop up on IAI? Do you think it has better wheels than the other 3? What would you say is the most compelling evidence that might sway 8 others to join you and help keep your Vote from being wasted?

I understand the concern about the game being stalled, but why are you acting like it's the end of the world and a lynch won't happen within six days?

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:40 am

Post by d3x »

Because without someone pushing, I don't believe it will happen. This game isn't playing like we have 17 players still alive. We're heading into the end of D2 and we're at 40 pages. We've had 5 replacements and 12 prods handed out {not including those who had to be replaced}. There are arguably 6 prod dodges on this page alone. The overwhelming majority of players in this game are satisfied with one liners and seemingly reasonless Vote hopping. We have 3 Wagons that are 'competing' solely by the virtue that the they each exist.

These things concern me greatly and lead me to believe that in the absence of someone actively calling out the bullshit and trying to shame the game along, the game won't move along. A FlashWagon when we're 24hrs from deadline won't give us as much useful information for D3 as
actually
competing Wagons a week out.

Oh, and we both just lost to a chronic Lurker. And that blows. So a lack of content on this scale is making me rather irritable.

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”