Open 581: Making Friends and Enemies! (Game over)

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:32 am

Post by Grib »

Titus, shutting down already? That's new.

I know the whole Mason claim + justification for the dave read is a lot to swallow but I really can't see it as scumplay. I just don't. Swag is lynchbait. I felt that in my first game with him, and I feel it now.

Is there anything else he's doing that's more scum motivated? I can't see him working towards any agenda. More like he's just immediately posting whatever thought runs through his head the second he thinks it.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:33 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1399, Green Crayons wrote:The problem that I have with your hypothesis is that you are assuming that swag was "pouring through MD to manufacture an argument."

On what basis do you have that this was how swag came across dave's MD post?

Common fucking sense.

He cannot articulate an in thread reason for Dave being town and people don't "just happen" across MD posts that old.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:35 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1400, Grib wrote:Titus, shutting down already? That's new.

I know the whole Mason claim + justification for the dave read is a lot to swallow but I really can't see it as scumplay. I just don't. Swag is lynchbait. I felt that in my first game with him, and I feel it now.

Is there anything else he's doing that's more scum motivated? I can't see him working towards any agenda. More like he's just immediately posting whatever thought runs through his head the second he thinks it.

Impulsivity is inconsistent with mafia discussion posts that are months old.

The mason fishing and inability to articulate reads based on the thread should be plenty.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Grib »

He could have been looking through his posts to get an idea of how he plays and ended up reading posts in the MD forum. Like when you're reading Wikipedia or TV Tropes and end up all over the place.

If Swag wanted to use a random post by dave to "manufacture" a townread, he could have picked a more plausible one.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:38 am

Post by Grib »

Hey Lone Ranger, is Swag scum?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:43 am

Post by Titus »

Grib, stop using too dumb to scum. It makes you easy to fool.

Second, if he's no good at scum, that's precisely what he'd do.

You are forcing a townread rather than looking at evidence. You are arguing that Swag is impulsive town but supporting it with behavior that is anything but impulsive.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In your scenario, swag-scum, who had left his dave suspicions behind for about a real time week in D1, went out of his way to search for an out of thread MD post, came back to this thread about his find but decided to be cryptic about that MD post, then waited until D2 to finally reveal the MD post only after being prodded by players to reveal just what it was that made swag read dave as town.

OR

swag was reading through the MD forum, having to go all the way back (sarcasm) to Page 2 to see a thread that interested him, and just so happened to come across a theory post made by dave that swag thought reflected dave's alignment in this game.

I'm inclined to believe that your scenario is less likely just because it's too unnecessary and unhelpful to swag in a scum alignment. How did swag's sudden dave-town read in help swag-scum like you said it did? I don't see how.

I could accept that the two scenarios are just as equally likely to happen. But I don't see how your scenario is more likely than the other, and certainly not based on "common fucking sense."
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Titus »

The second is garbage.

The first is likely. He was being cryptic becaise he had no reasons and then justified his cryptic "reasons" with a post he dug up when pressured about his Dave read he could not explain.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Titus »

Swag's post is buddying.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:50 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I think the best case against swag is mason fishing. Having reread the Corpses/swag exchange yet again, swag's "oh I didn't realize masons hadn't recruited yet" sounds off. This becomes exaggerated throughout D1, as swag keeps bringing up the fact that he is forgetting that masons are a thing, interspersed with making accusations based off of associative tells, and bringing up the fact that he does remember masons do exist.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

He already had the MD post on hand back in D1:
In post 629, Whatisswag wrote:By the way, if you guys are wondering, it was a post dave made 4 months ago.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1408, Titus wrote:Swag's post is buddying.

I guess that would be the scum benefit.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1410, Green Crayons wrote:He already had the MD post on hand back in D1:
In post 629, Whatisswag wrote:By the way, if you guys are wondering, it was a post dave made 4 months ago.

If that was true, he would have posted it then. Not waited. He stalled and put the best fit which was a theory posy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:55 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1409, Green Crayons wrote:I think the best case against swag is mason fishing. Having reread the Corpses/swag exchange yet again, swag's "oh I didn't realize masons
hadn't recruited yet
weren't already a pair
" sounds off. This becomes exaggerated throughout D1, as swag keeps bringing up the fact that he is forgetting that masons are a thing, interspersed with making accusations based off of associative tells, and bringing up the fact that he does remember masons do exist.

Fixed to be accurate.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1412, Titus wrote:
In post 1410, Green Crayons wrote:He already had the MD post on hand back in D1:

If that was true, he would have posted it then. Not waited. He stalled and put the best fit which was a theory posy.

so when he went back to md to dig up this bogus post, there JUST HAPPENED TO BE a relevant post made 4 MONTHS AGO by dave?

jee, must've been his lucky day
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1414, Heartless wrote:
In post 1412, Titus wrote:

so when he went back to md to dig up this bogus post, there JUST HAPPENED TO BE a relevant post made 4 MONTHS AGO by dave?

jee, must've been his lucky day

Yes. He searched for the post. I did a meta dive is not an me dive. I can find a post outside the thread to argue anything about any of you if given time to do so.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:47 am

Post by elleheathen »

In post 1375, Titus wrote:
In post 1357, elleheathen wrote:Here's a hint.
Look at my probably odd looking interaction with Titus today.
I WAS WONDERING IF SHE WAS READING ME RIGHT.

I am reading you how you want to be read my dear. ;) Thanks for covering. Wifom.

I really dislike this post. Idek... :eek:

Like, what?
'How I want to be read?'
'Thanks for covering?'
'Wifom?'
What?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Titus »

Suppose I am you correctly.

Further suppose it would be anti town to say how I am reading you correctly.

So I claim to be you subtly.

Or

You read me to be something.
So You pretend to be that something.

The post is meant to be wisdom to try and talk to you without explaining detail.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Titus »

I am reading you correctly.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by elleheathen »

Don't do that to me! I am paranoid enough as it is in this game right now. lol
I couldn't tell if you were trying to cover for me as if I hadn't realized that I'm outing myself or if you were trying to cover it up under a guise of wifom for when I came out fully.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Malakittens »

at elle and titus..

that is all...
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by elleheathen »

Afraid to expand on that thought besides dotdotdot?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Titus »

Elle her expanding is antitown. She knows what I was trying to avoid saying to many.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by elleheathen »

Titus.
I was asking to see if her lack of expanding was more
'Wtf, are you TRYING to be this obvious.'
Versus
'Wtf, you're both scum.'

Because my post right before that suggests:
In post 1419, elleheathen wrote:
I couldn't tell if you were trying to cover for me as if I hadn't realized that I'm outing myself

That I do realize it. It's intentional. I just haven't clarified it yet.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:31 pm

Post by Titus »

You outed one of us awhile back. I have been wifoming since then.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Open Games”