Open 581: Making Friends and Enemies! (Game over)

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Titus »

@GC, I could vote LR or at deadline Mala.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:19 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Actually, instead of doing this piecemeal, I'd be curious to hear everyone's pool of 3 scum.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:20 am

Post by Kaboose »

Mala, LR, Swag
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Grib »

Malakittens, davesaz, and Kaboose.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:37 am

Post by Titus »

Swag, Grib and LR.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:40 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 1553, Grib wrote:Malakittens, davesaz, and Kaboose.

Does Dave's flip one way or the other put Swag on this list?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Grib »

If dave flips town, shrug.

If dave flips scum, I don't think Swag would be his partner, what with the supertown!dave read heavily linking them.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 1556, Grib wrote:If dave flips town, shrug.

If dave flips scum, I don't think Swag would be his partner, what with the supertown!dave read heavily linking them.

If Swag flips scum would that take Dave off of your list then?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Grib »

I suppose.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:18 am

Post by Heartless »

kaboose, grib, gc
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 1559, Heartless wrote:kaboose, grib, gc

Is this both of your opinions or just one?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Heartless »

tth doesn't feel as good about ranger and mala as i do, but yes the top 3 scumreads are the same
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Heartless »

if i'm wrong on any of those, put titus in
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:43 am

Post by Heartless »

PHEWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

blehheheheeheheheheheh

tth needs to see that lone ranger case
UNVOTE:
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:47 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 1563, Heartless wrote:PHEWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.....

blehheheheeheheheheheh

tth needs to see that lone ranger case
UNVOTE:

Which case?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1519, Green Crayons wrote:
Lone Ranger Case:

Spoiler: Ranger's entry into the game and in attacking elle looks like scum trying to mimic town-replacement confidence. Scum motivation: look like town-replacement.
a. Okay, so town replacing into a game that has substantial history is probably the easiest way to find scum, because you don't have any history with any of the players and so you're looking at things objectively. This typically results in the town-replacement being pretty confident in the town-replacement's reads.

b. Setting aside Ranger being wrong about elle (because being wrong does not make one scum), I think Ranger's elle-push looks more like scum attempting to convey town-replacement confidence rather than being actual town-replacement confidence. (1) Globally, I think this is supported by the fact that Ranger is abrasive and dismissive towards elle in their back and forth, which is a close substitute for confidence. (2) Specifically, I think this is supported by the fact that Ranger really shifts points of conversation to prolong her elle argument on continually winning bases (Cheetory's observations in , , , , and capture what I'm saying).

Spoiler: Ranger's push on me is bad but, what makes it more scummy, is that it appears calculated to get into a lengthy wall war. Scum motivation: look like TvT if I get lynched.
a. Once again, someone being wrong does not make one scum. And suspecting one's suspectors is a classic town blunder. That said, I'm still allowed to call Ranger out on her bullshit case, as scum do need to actually push shit cases to win, so here we go.

b. Ranger's first lays the foundation for her GC hate in and . Ranger's criticism is part ad hom (GC is usually good, but here he's fucking horrible!) and, to the extent she states criticism that is valid in the abstract (shallow arguments, failing to actually engage) she doesn't connect them to the real world of this game. She repeats her same case in after nobody really picks up on her GC-beef. Consequentially, these posts are nothing short of throwing chum into the water. They are designed to make me jump at the bait of defending myself, but there's no way I can actually defend against the criticism. It's shady as fuck. (When I finally take the bait, my response is at the bottom of . Ranger doesn't respond to it.)

c. Ranger throws in another dig in . Here she actually gives a concrete example of her problem with my play: that I'm not providing new, unique reactions to the Ranger/elle interaction, and that I'm hesitant and wishy-washy. (1) The criticism about no unique reactions is BS, because it's based on the flawed paradigm that town comes up with something new to say about interactions, rather than what is on their mind. (I have also never checked to see whether my reaction to Ranger/elle was truly duplicative of other players - I don't have the time/energy to do so now, but I assume that Ranger wasn't flubbing the line.) (2) The criticism about me being hesitant and wishy-washy is BS, because Ranger is apparently familiar with my previous play and should know that that's just me (I wouldn't use such pejorative terms, however - I'd say cautious and thoughtful).

d. Ranger attacks Grib for telling her to actually support her GC-is-playing-like-shit case in . The problem with this is self-evident, but I'll state it anyways: Ranger turns the conversation around so that it's not her fault for making the case, but it's Grib's fault for wanting someone to scum hunt in a particular manner. Moreover, Ranger shifts the point of conversation (just as she did with elle), so that it's not that Ranger is failing to provide in-game examples (Grib's point), but whether Ranger should be talking specifically to GC or to the town at large (Ranger's response).

e. Finally, Ranger finds a reason to votes me based on me suspecting something she did in . I finally take the bait. My explanation of why her initial post was suspicious, and why her reaction to my suspicions was suspicious, are adequately explained in and . I'll further note that I my captures Ranger once again shifting the points in conversation in order to make herself look better (creating this distinction between two types of questions, and then arguing based off of this new point of minutia).

Spoiler: Ranger's "masons should recruit one of us" strategy is classic "scum would never suggest this because it could out scum." Scum motivation: look town by suggesting anti-scum strategy.
a. At the outset, let me say that I never cared who the masons targeted. That was their prerogative, and despite Ranger's baseless digs to the contrary (), I made that clear from my conversations about what the masons should do ().

b. I don't think that Ranger's basic suggestion, that the masons should have recruited either Ranger or myself, is in and of itself alignment indicative. It's the fact that she soft-pushes the notion that she isn't scared of being targeted in , with: "It feels more like you don't want the avenue of discrediting me snatched away from you." That looks like scum wanting to give off the impression that they are perfectly okay with being recruited, without having to to explicitly state that "yo I'm totally not scum please recruit me."

c. Ranger warps my response to her plan. This could come from either alignment (scum or tunneling town), but I'm noting it here to underscore why people shouldn't trust Ranger's bad case on me. Ranger first picks a fight on the basis that I didn't respond to her suggestion (). I tell her to shove off, and why, and conclude with "Your plan has a lot of holes in it and the masons can do whatever they want." (). Ranger then twists my response into "pretending that there is a scum benefit and generalizing it as if talking about roles is anti-town (this is not just for you but others)" (). I never said that there was a scum benefit, and I never said that talking about the roles was anti-town, so Ranger is - once again - shifting the points of conversation to a place where she can win.

d. Ranger goes quiet on D2. I don't know what to make of this. (1) If Ranger is scum, I have hypothesized that it is because she wanted to give off the impression that she was actually recruited without having to say so. Alternatively, she was a major focus of yesterday and didn't know if the masons
did
actually recruit her, and so decided to play it low until if/when the masons made their move, and then just stuck with that level of activity because it hasn't really been hurting her. (2) If Ranger is town, I only see anti-town motivation in suddenly retracting from the game. She has provided absolutely no substantive input for today. She hasn't critically reexamined any of her reads, continues to push her bad case against me based solely on D1 material, and her reaction to D2 game developments is minimal. This presumes that Ranger is purposefully being a bad player, when I think her previous activity shows that she isn't. Between these two scenarios, I think Option 1 is more likely.

^^^^
this
1 in particular. tth said the same things to me re: ranger's elle push
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by elleheathen »

LR, Kaboose, ...

And I have honestly sat here for 15 minutes switching the last slot between

Mala/davesaz/Grib

If it's a team situation for adding the three, I would put Mala.
If it's a best shot at taking a risk while we still can based on gut, I'd put Grib.
If it's a active lurking while softpushing but never really doing anything, it's davesaz.
elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by elleheathen »

I got to the coffee part last night but procrastinated against the reading.
But I will do it tonight/morning. Even if it only gives me a better feel between the last few because I'm going to do the best I can with the extra time we got.

PS. TY for the extension! <3
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Kaboose »

In post 1566, elleheathen wrote:LR, Kaboose, ...

And I have honestly sat here for 15 minutes switching the last slot between

Mala/davesaz/Grib

If it's a team situation for adding the three, I would put Mala.
If it's a best shot at taking a risk while we still can based on gut, I'd put Grib.
If it's a active lurking while softpushing but never really doing anything
, it's davesaz.

In post 1567, elleheathen wrote:
I got to the coffee part last night but procrastinated against the reading.
But I will do it tonight/morning.
Even if it only gives me a better feel between the last few because I'm going to do the best I can with the extra time we got.

PS. TY for the extension! <3
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Titus »

What is the point of this Kaboose?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Kaboose »

She is calling dave possible scum for the same thing she has been doing.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Heartless »

and.............

so what?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Post by Titus »

I get it now. He's saying her scumread may be off because she's doing what she accuses him of. He obviously was not calling elle scum.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:48 pm

Post by Heartless »

well.... that's not what elle's doing so..............

no
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades