An ill-advised text-based adventure:

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

An ill-advised text-based adventure:

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by mastin2 »

If you were expecting some clever origin story, then sorry to tell you, you are in the wrong location. Go play some other game. Here, you are one thing, and one thing only: what I tell to you what you are. And in this case, what you are is NOTHING. Perhaps there is a person there, but what exists is nothing but a blank slate: no memories, no attached personality, and nothing that you can see. What is it that you have to do?

ENTER ACTION: ______
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:30 am

Post by mastin2 »

Player "Zymf" has entered the game.
[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6567775#p6567775]QUERY:[/url] Zymf wrote:Soo.. This is like a good old text-based game where we have to post our actions? O.o
ANSWER:Correct. A fair warning, if you are expecting this to be your typical adventure, then the name of this undertaking will inform you of what you are in for.

ENTER ACTION: Look around
You find yourself in a room. What, really? Yes, really. You are in the wrong place for original starting locations. It is dark all around, and you cannot see very far. You are currently sitting on a bed. Nearby, there is what appears to be a toilet.

Player "EspeciallyTheLies" has entered the game.
[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6568618#p6568618]QUERY[/url]: EspeciallyTheLies wrote:ooooo this looks fun. mastin - do we have to wait for you to respond to the first action? or will you create a running story, using each posted action in turn?
ANSWER:It is both. You are each individuals, but as you explore your environment, you become aware of a mysterious link between you and other entities in nearby proximity. What this link is, you cannot know, but its existence is a fundamental truth. Though ultimately, your actions are your own, should you not specify otherwise, you will find yourself acting on the whims of others (unless they specifically state their action is theirs alone). It is through this link that you know yourself to also be in a room, and on a bed, with a toilet nearby, for you have also instinctively looked around, not deviating from the action. As this adventure progresses, it is an assurance that this link will get explored more intimately, showing what is and is not shared.

Player "Blackberry" has entered the game.
Though you are aware that you are in a room, because it is very hard not to be aware of such things, and you feel it is a safe assumption you are on a bed, and feel as if there may be a toilet nearby, you make no action to further your knowledge, waiting for events to come.

My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:49 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 5, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Action: Look for an exit, go through it. Look around again!
You look for an exit. The closest you find is the direction to your right. As you walk towards it, however, your face slams right into bars. Ouch. Maybe rushing into things was a bad idea. You look around again and find that it is now
painfully
obvious the room you are in is in fact a jail cell. As if we could get any more unoriginal. You note that outside of your cell, you can catch glimpses of lines upon lines of other cells. In the distance, you can vaguely hear footsteps, but they are neither getting louder nor softer.

ENTER ACTION:_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:53 am

Post by mastin2 »

It would appear so, yes.
That is a distinct possibility, yes.

action: yell out HEEEEEEY HEEEEEEEEEEY HAAAAAAAAALP
You scream out "HEEEEEEY HEEEEEEEEEEY HAAAAAAAAALP", finding an echo from those around you that share your link. At first, it seems in vain, but the footsteps you heard from before are getting louder...

You listen to the voices in your head to see what they have to say. You hear inside your mind, "oh this is fucked up mastin." What were you expecting, them to suddenly give you the answer to life, the universe, and everything?

Player "Nicholas1024" has entered the game.
[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6568996#p6568996]QUERY[/url]: Nicholas1024 wrote:In particular, is there anything of interest about the bed or toilet?
I do not know, you must tell me. Perhaps taking an action rather than asking a question will give you better results? Oh, and do not expect this sort of generosity in the future, I have already been too nice by giving you even that.

ENTER ACTION: Carefully check the bounds of my environment.
As the footsteps approach, you figure there is nothing better to do than examine your surroundings. You carefully feel out the environment. The cell you are in appears to be 10x10x10 feet. The bars are made of steel, each with a diameter of approximately 3 inches, and spaced every half foot. There is a door, but it is locked. The walls to either side appear to be metal, but the wall behind you as well as both the ceiling and the floor seem to be made of solid rock; you must be underground.

My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 12, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Action: hide under the bed and meditate, hoping to communicate via ESP to other beings in the jail.
You hide under the bed. You feel the connection between you and the others active at the moment particularly strongly right now. Your thoughts are their thoughts, your actions are their actions...

In post 13, Zymf wrote:
Action: Pour water from the toilet out on the hallway and then scream as loud and long as possible!
You scoop water from the toilet (ewwwwwwwwwwww...gross. You did not even check to see if it was used!) and slather it onto the floor in front of you, and then you scream out as loud and as long as possible. A figure approaches from down a set of stairs, but is out of sight. Player_EspeciallyTheLies seems the closest to them, but player_EspeciallyTheLies (who you can see via previously-stated actions) cannot yet make out who the figure is, just that they are coming and about to be within visual range.

At your actions, you feel player_EspeciallyTheLies facepalm. What is done is done, though, so it cannot be undone. Perhaps some better coordination next time would be of use.

In post 14, Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter Action: Examine bed and toilet in closer detail.
As you have felt compelled to shovel out water from the toilet onto the path, you figure you might as well examine the toilet as you are doing so. Thankfully, you discover the water within is clean. It is a standard toilet. Think like this:

Spoiler: image

The bed is a standard prison bed as well.

It has a pillow, and a mattress. It is 8x4 feet, suspended 2 feet above the ground. It is made of steel, and screwed into the wall.

Player "Snakes" has entered the game.
In post 15, Snakes wrote:Action: Carefully examine walls and floor, checking for any possible weak spots or secret passageways.
In spite of your thorough searching, you find no evidence of secret passageways. Though the rock is solid, with no chinks in it that you can use, you think it may be possible (albeit time-consuming) to dig through it...if only you had a way of doing so...

My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Player "orcinus_theoriginal" has joined the game.
In post 17, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:action: take a seat and kinda just take a few deep breaths
You return to the position you originally were in: sitting on the bed, taking a few deep breaths of the freezing-cold stale air around you.

ENTER ACTION: _____

Player "JDGA" has joined the game.
[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6569521#p6569521]QUERY[/url]: JDGA wrote:
In post 4, mastin2 wrote:
You find yourself in a room.
How did I know it was going to be based on that?
ANSWER:This game takes inspiration from many places. It may or may not in fact take inspiration from what you are thinking of. (It probably does.) However, if you think that things are that simple, you are wrong. Good luck...you will need it.

ENTER ACTION: Call out to the source of the footsteps we've been hearing
You call out to the source of the footsteps, and the figure draws nearer, now visible to player_EspeciallyTheLies (who is still connected to you) as a man.

Edit:
Please try to avoid editing your posts as much as possible, since I'm more likely to miss them. JDGA's action will be edited in here momentarily.
Also note that it is in fact possible to bow out of the game; you will be considered a non-entity if you do so. But I'm taking every post in the game as a join request.
Last edited by mastin2 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #21 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 20, Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter action:
Lay on the bed, pretend to be asleep.
You lay on the bed pretending to be asleep as the man passes by your cell, on the way to what you presume to be player_JDGA's cell.

My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #26 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Player "Cheery-Dog" has entered the game.
In post 22, Cheery Dog wrote:Enter Action: Check self over.
You sicko.

...Confirm action?
Y/N
_____

Player "beastcharizard" has entered the game.
In post 23, Nicholas1024 wrote:Enter Action: Watch the action through half-closed eyes. If player_JDGA's cell is out of sight from the bed, then go up to the cell bars to watch.
In post 24, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Action: Astral project myself outside the jail so I can see where I am.
In post 25, beastcharizard wrote:
Action: Figure out which cell I am in comparatively to the other cell mates.

Action: Do some push-ups

Hopefully I can do that all.
Collectively, you all try to figure out where you are. Though no map is available, as near as you can tell, the order of the cells is based off of the awareness you have gained: player_Zymf is across from player_EspeciallyTheLies as the closest known occupied cells, with player_Blackberry to player_Zymf's left and player_Nicholas1024 in the cell to player_EspesciallyTheLies's right, and so on. As you do push-ups, the man looks at player_JDGA, laughs, and begins to walk away, back towards where he came from.

My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #39 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Post by mastin2 »

While the man laughs, you, a-hem, "check", yourself. Yes, it is exactly what it sounds like. However, there are things that you notice. You are wearing a two-piece prison uniform, have on underwear beneath that, and have a few minor bruises: one on your face courtesy of player_EspeciallyTheLies. Your hands are wet, thanks to player_Zymf.

You are also apparently well-endowed.
...Too much information, so I am just going to stop there.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "AcRv" has entered the game.
In post 29, AcRv wrote:
Action: Examine my own clothing, and the clothing of anyone who I can see from my cell.
Your clothing is identical to player_Cheery-Dog's in every discernible way, and as far as you can tell, this is true of all inmates.

In post 36, AcRv wrote:
Action: While Especially the Lies does his thing, verbally abuse the guard to draw his attention
The man notices your obscenities and is now moving your way. He will be at your cell when you enter your next action. (Thus, assume any action you type is with him there.)

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 28, Snakes wrote:
Figure out which cell I am in comparatively to the other cell mates
The map provided by player_Zymf is correct if rotated 180 degrees.

Examine toilet handle
See if there is a toilet tank
Examine screws from my bed
The toilet handle is secure; no amount of grabbing, jolting, or such will break it loose. There is no visible toilet tank. The screws in the bed are tight, but it may be possible to loosen them with a great amount of effort.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 32, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
action: figure out why I am in jail and ask the others who they are and why they are also in jail.
Were not you listening the first time‽ You have none. My word is law. There is no known reason for your presence here. You simply are.

In post 34, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Action: use the hook in the toilet tank that pulls up the stopper to pick the lock on my cell door.
As there is no visible toilet tank, this action is impossible and thus, has failed.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

I assure you, there are ways to get out. At the absolute minimum, there's five; there may be more than that. The game doesn't end when you're out of your cell, of course, but I assure you even then that there's multiple ways to win this game. You just don't know them, yet.

In post 31, Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter action: Attempt to open the cell door once the man has left.
In post 33, Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter action: Tell EspeciallyTheLies that I was arrested for aggravated jaywalking.
In a desperate act of futility, you rattle the bars on the door to your cell, praying they will open. They do not budge an inch. In a moment of frustration, you jokingly refer to bad luck for aggravated jaywalking. Hmm...that is unusual. You definitely started with no distinct personality, but it would appear you have gained something that may now resemble one.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "TellTaleHeart" has entered the game.
In post 38, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Action: tear open the mattress examine contents
You rip apart your mattress to find it is nothing but some sort of foam, and search as you might, you find nothing inside the mattress of value.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 40, Cheery Dog wrote:
Action: Use Toilet
You fulfill your bodily needs by emptying the contents of your bowels.

...Did you really just make me say that? You are disgusting. Please tell me you at least flushed after you finished.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6572659#p6572659]QUERY[/url]: EspeciallyTheLies wrote:wait wth...Cherry Dog entered the game after me and thus has the bruise I gained by running into the bars..?
ANSWER:Yes. It is among the actions that affect all who gain awareness. Simply because you gain awareness later does not mean you have not performed the action of someone else earlier.

Action: Make the guy fall asleep with my super ESP powers. AcRv can then grab the keys off him and unlock the cells!
Unfortunately, while you clearly contain a deep link with the other prisoners, you apparently hold none with the man, thus, your action fails.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6572741#p6572741]post 42[/url], TellTaleHeart wrote:
Action: Touch fingers to back of throat and vomit in the toilet. Search contents of the vomit.
You empty the contents of your stomach, but find that it contains nothing but prison food: what might have once been some potatoes, half-digested meat...hard to say
what
, exactly, but there is nothing of obvious use in the vomit.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6572776#p6572776]post 44[/url], AcRv wrote:I'm assuming that I'm next to Cheery Dog, given the pattern
Correct.

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6572758#p6572758]post 43[/url], AcRv wrote:
If the guard does not fall asleep, make comments about his mother with intent to get a strong negative emotional response.
If not for how hypocritical it would make me, I might complain about your utter lack of originality. But an action is an action, and there is no reason for me not to accept. You insult the man's mother, and in fact you do incite a strong negative emotional response: the man punches you in the face and turns away, not yet moving away, but clearly not amused by your topic of choice.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6572909#p6572909]post 46[/url], Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter action: Pray that this doesn't become a disaster. In the meantime, check whether I am also injured.
You pray to what I can only assume must be an impotent god for things to not go disastrously, sending your positive vibes throughout the room. While doing this, you also feel if you are injured, and discover that you do in fact have the bruise from walking into the bars.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
I swear, there are ways to get out that some players may or may not be close to figuring out.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #50 (isolation #10) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 49, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Action: Inspect guard (clothing, items on him, etc)
Though the dim light makes it hard to tell, you do your best effort to inspect the man. It is impossible to get a full bearing without physically contacting him, however, you can tell the man is wearing some form of armor. Around his waist is a single key.

It is a safe assumption that he is therefore a guard of some sort, and perhaps your ticket to freedom...if only you could get that key...

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #52 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:56 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 51, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Action: Take the mattress stuffing and wad it up into a sizable ball. Flush it down the toilet and clog the toilet until it overflows with water. Call the guard over to my cell and while he fixes the toilet, attempt to steal the key.
Ooh, very nice action. Your plan goes well for the first two steps: you create a sizable ball from mattress stuffing. You flush it down the toilet. If this were your standard game, then you might even lure the guard over close enough to steal the key, but unfortunately, this is where your plan begins to unfold. Instead of fixing it himself, the guard simply makes a comment: "You really don't deserve my help, but I suppose I'm obligated to get a maintenance guy down here. I'll be right back."

...SO close. And yet, so far...the guard begins to walk towards the light, heading back to where he came from.
Huh. Guess this game is not entirely as cliched as you may have been led to believe. It would appear some greater level of ingenuity would be required.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #63 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

By the way, be warned that actions don't have to be formatted for me to accept them. However, actions that are clearly hypothetical (e.g. "we could", "option 1") will obviously not be taken. Just don't be surprised if your hypothetical action becomes real to your surprise.

Player "Antihero" has joined the game.
In post 56, Antihero wrote:what is this and why the hell did no one invite me?
I didn't send out invitations because honestly, I made the game on a whim--I wasn't entirely certain that I'd be able to make much of it, so didn't want to get people hyped up only for it to end in failure. Since then, I have worked out the details of the game and I know exactly how players can win it, so I put a link in my sig, but don't want to actively invite people in, because the title's accurate: it's ill-advised, because you're definitely getting more than you asked for.
In post 59, Antihero wrote:no memories? well the solution is obvious. more head trauma. that's how ppl get superpowers.
action: run at full speed at the back wall
While the guard leaves, you decide this is a perfect opportunity to be massively reckless and ram your head into the wall. A more malevolent individual may have made this action be lethal, but given that I am clearly benevolent (clearly) and that you only had ten feet to do it in, all you inflict upon yourself is a mild concussion. This blunt head trauma leaves you rather dazed and confused, and you fall to the ground, stunned.

You let out a moan and find a universal despise from other players that instinctively copied your action. "Brilliant", a rather bitter player_TellTaleHeart vocally informs you, sarcasm ripe in their voice.

'Antihero', indeed.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "Psyche" has joined the game.
In post 58, Psyche wrote:
Action: wait for guard to return, then yelp and kick toilet bowl once as loudly as possible, then play dead.
The guard, being up the stairs but not yet having fully left, you figure you might as well, hoping that this in addition to player_Antihero's actions will draw the guard back in.

Unfortunately, though his footsteps do pause for a minute, he does not return, continuing to walk into the distance, presumably to fetch the maintenance worker. It is a safe assumption you have time for one action before they return.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 62, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Action: While waiting for the maintenance guy to show up, hollow out a small hole on the underside of the torn mattress to hide things in.
Though a crude and rudimentary job, you quickly make a small hole in the underside of the torn mattress to hide things in. You hear the footsteps in the distance, but they are still a long ways away; you have time for another action before they arrive, perhaps two before they get to your cell specifically.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #94 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

E
r
R
o
R
s
YS
tem
C
r
AS
h
RE
b
OO
t
?

/YES.

PROCESSING......
Many apologies for my absence from the game. I've had a VERY rough week and haven't been able to give attention everywhere, this game included. I spoiled you with updates every day, so I do apologize for probably making you think I had abandoned the game when the updates stopped coming in. As this shows, obviously, I didn't--I just couldn't get around to it until now.

So in the future, I suppose I can say this: when I can, I will update every day, but if I don't update for a while, don't lose hope on the game. Now without further ado...
[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6573481#p6573481]QUERY[/url]: Antihero wrote:ok, just for clarification, if i do something does that mean EVERYONE else does the same thing, or is it just me? i was under the impression it was the latter
It is both. Some actions are done by all, some actions are done by only the specific individual. Assume, however, that unless they specifically state they are doing an action that conflicts with your own, that they are unable to do your action, or you specify that it is just you, then the others will mirror your actions.

Though I see no reason why you would want to, there is nothing preventing you from doing this.

Player "vettrock" has entered the game.
In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6575943#p6575943]post 89[/url], vettrock wrote:enter game. Check out the door, the kind of lock, and the hinges.
The cell door is like this:

There is no door other than that which you can see, though doors may exist in the distance.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6574230#p6574230]post 74[/url], Antihero wrote:
action: loosen the screws in the bed "with a great amount of effort"
You diligently work to loosen a screw on the bed. Though your fingers become raw and bloody in the effort, you manage to pull a single screw out from the fastener, and now have access to it.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6574626#p6574626]post 77[/url], Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter action: Examine the ceiling and floor for any loose tiles, light fixtures, or other features of note. Check whether I also have a concussion.
You do in fact have what may be a mild concussion. It is nothing serious, but it is painful. In this state, you observe the ceiling and floor, but find nothing but rock.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "KingdomAces" has entered the game.
In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6574912#p6574912]post 79[/url], KingdomAces wrote:Personal Action: Attempt to go to sleep on the horribly mutilated bed.
While everyone around you attends to various tasks, you rest your injuries by going to sleep, however temporarily, on the mutilated bed.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

(You do know that "I" is a personal statement, right? Just say "I do this", rather than action: this if you want it to be only you.)

In [url=htp://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6575444#p6575444]post 82[/url], beastcharizard wrote:
Self Action: Realize I am skinny enough to fit through the bars of the cell so I squeeze through the bars and then look around to see if there is a place to hide.
Action cancelled: the guard is on the way! You do not want to be caught escaping, do you?

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "Jackel98" has entered the game.
In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6574759#p6574759]post 78[/url], Jackel98 wrote:
Action: Put underpants on head. Try to use psychic powers to lift player_Antihero
You put your underpants on your head for whatever possible reason that you may have for doing so. Though you attempt to lift player_Antihero up, all you are able to make player_Antihero do is stand up and jump to the ceiling, touching it lightly.

There is nothing to be observed in the bars. There is no visible structural weakness in the bars themselves, though the lock may be vulnerable if you have the right materials......

Action: Check if there is toilet paper.
There is none. You do not even have a sponge. Barbaric, is it not? Well, it is what you get for being a prisoner.

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6573466#p6573466]post 66[/url], Zymf wrote:
Action: Say "I'm sooo hungry, can't I get something to eat?" and make fake rumbling sounds..
In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6574232#p6574232]post 75[/url], Snakes wrote:
Action: Attempt to seduce guard when he comes back. After he unlocks the door to my cell, run out
In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6575602#p6575602]post 84[/url], Blackberry wrote:
Action: Also attempt to seduce guard

"Hey stud, you been working out? I swear your muscles get bigger every day ;)."
The guard comes down with a maintenance worker in tow, heading to the cell with the leak. As you call out to him, he yells out, "SHUT UP!"

After hearing your requests slowly again, he responds, "One at a time. I'll deal with your issues one at a time. And..." Giving the...
oddest
of looks to player_Snakes and player_Blackberry, he continues, "...I'll save ~you~ for last." The weird, demented grin on his face (shudders run down the spine of all other inmates) makes you think that maybe, just maybe, seducing a GUARD, in a PRISON, may not have been the brightest of ideas......

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #112 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by mastin2 »

An ill-advised one. What, can not you read? This should have been abundantly clear.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

You attempt to climb the walls and find that you are able to do so for a few seconds, before the harsh mistress of gravity kicks in and drags you back down to the hard earth below. Well, at least the action was doable......

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6583701#p6583701]post 105[/url], EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Action: Do the same thing TTH did - make a small hole in the mattress (under it so it's not visible to anyone walking in ) and pull out some stuffing. Put it down the toilet to clog it up.
This action was automatically done already.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6584550#p6584550]post 111[/url], beastcharizard wrote:
Action: Hollow out the bottom of my mattress to where I can fit underneath it without being seen. I hide stuffing stuff somewhere that it can't be seen.
You further hollow out your mattress so that you may fit underneath it, and then hide the extra stuffing out of sight.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6584020#p6584020]post 108[/url], Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter Action: Check my clothing. Do I have a shirt and or pants of reasonable quality?
There is nothing special about your clothing. The clothes you are wearing are traditional prison garb: black and white stripes.

Try to turn my shirt into a rope.
You take off your shirt. Wrapping it, you manage to tie it into a rudimentary rope. Hmm...now, what can this be used for?

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6584029#p6584029]post 109[/url], KingdomAces wrote:Action: Ask when we're going to get food. I just woke up and all, it should be time for breakfast.
The guard responds, "Maintenance and medical attention first, then you dogs get to eat."

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #114 (isolation #15) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:28 pm

Post by mastin2 »

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6584871#p6584871]QUERY[/url]: JDGA wrote:Wait, there's a place in our cell where we can hide things?
Several. Down the toilet seems a rather popular one. Hiding in the corners given the dark lighting will make things seem out of sight except to intense inspection. The bed itself and mattress itself both provide some degree of cover. Though nothing is not easily found to scrutiny, there are multiple ways to hide from quick visual scans.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #119 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 116, beastcharizard wrote:
Self Action: Hide under my mattress, which I just hollowed out and stay there hoping the guard notices that I have "escaped".
You do your best to hide underneath your mattress, hoping that you have succeeded. However, while your mental note has gone out, the guard is preoccupied opening the cell door to allow the maintenance worker in and is thus too busy for him to notice anything else. Apparently, he is rather single-minded.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #129 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:35 pm

Post by mastin2 »

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6585025#p6585025]QUERY[/url]: beastcharizard wrote:Also, do I have to wait for other people to do things before I do more things?
You do not have to wait...but your own action requires the completion of other ongoing actions before you may take another. Thus, if you were to take an action, your previous action would be nullified. It is, of course, your choice.

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6585444#p6585444]post 122[/url], TellTaleHeart wrote:
Action: Inspect maintenance worker's inventory and see what kind of tools he has.
You inspect the maintenance worker. He has a red hat. He is wearing blue suspender overalls. He is wearing a red shirt, has on white gloves, and is wearing brown shoes. He is carrying in his hand a plunger, and no other items.

...Wait, really?

Yes, really.

"Let'sa see, what isa the problem herea?" you hear him say in an obviously fake Italian accent. He begins to head towards the clogged toilet.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

After you ask the guard, he laughs at you, shakes his head, and turns away.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Action aborted: The guard is literally standing right. there. You are trying to escape with the guard next to you. Genius!

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #131 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 130, Cheery Dog wrote:action:
Put arms through the bars in the door
You put your arms through the bars in the door. How dull. I would ask what that accomplished, but I have learned not to care.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #141 (isolation #19) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:41 am

Post by mastin2 »

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6586471#p6586471]QUERY[/url]: beastcharizard wrote:Mastin, I did hollow out my bed correct? I am a little confused on the whole action resolution of this game. I don't want to keep changing my action.
You did in fact hollow out your bed and are hiding under it. This is an ongoing action. Your ability to perform actions with this ongoing action is limited, thus, you must choose to continue the ongoing action of hiding under the bed, or discard it for the new active action you wish to perform.

There is nothing to see here than I do not dictate you to see. Any theoretical 'conscience' as you call it is among the things that are not to be seen, thus, you are mistaken.

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6586164#p6586164]QUERY[/url]: TellTaleHeart wrote:What the hell did the guard need a maintenance person for? He could have gotten a plunger himself?! :X
The reasoning is threefold: first, were he to be doing the maintenance himself, he would be unable to guard. The guard is, as noted, not completely incompetent. Second, he is trained as a guard, and that is his only responsibility. He does not know how to perform the maintenance. Third, the maintenance worker is particularly competent with plumbing, thus, requires less tools than most would to fix it, and is naturally the person most suited for the task. It is therefore entirely logical that the guard would retrieve the maintenance worker for this task.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

This action has been performed already; the door is in fact locked.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6586479#p6586479]post 140[/url], Snakes wrote:Action: Once the guard and maintenance worker leave, turn sideways and try to squeeze through the bars
Action queued: this action has a specified condition as to when it will be enacted. The specified condition has yet to be fulfilled. Should no later input override this command, it will be enacted upon the fulfillment of the requirements.

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6586074#p6586074]post 132[/url], Jackel98 wrote:
Action:
I throw my rope across the hall, still holding my end. Hope that the person across the hall catches it.
Action aborted: the rope reaches only half way across the hall. Additionally, though the guard is currently overseeing the maintenance worker, he is still right. there.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6586328#p6586328]post 137[/url], Antihero wrote:
personal action: whistle to the guard and taunt him about how much of a loser he has to be to be a prison guard in a secret underground prison holding random assholes like us. when he gets close enough, stab him in the eye with the screw i just pulled off the bed.
The guard turns around to face you menacingly, moving in closer. You have the feeling that he has the intention to hurt you severely. However, when he gets close enough, you strike first, stabbing him in the eye. He lets out a cry of pain, punching you in the face. You get knocked back for your troubles, and now have even further head injuries to deal with. The guard staggers backwards, nearly bumping into the maintenance worker, but is beginning to recover, now with a murderous look in his eye. He draws from his uniform a dagger......

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6586847#p6586847]QUERY[/url]: beastcharizard wrote:The important thing is does Anti still have the screw? Do we all see this happen or at least hear it happen?
The screw is embedded in the guard's eye, thus, player_Antihero no longer possesses it. Everyone is quite aware of the happenings.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6586911#p6586911]post 144[/url], Jackel98 wrote:
Action:
I tie my rope to a bar and pull really hard while the guard is occupied.
Try as you might, the bar does not budge. It is too thick. Maybe if you targeted some thinner bars, you could make a dent......

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #150 (isolation #21) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 146, Jackel98 wrote:Action: Look for thinner bars. See if there is a window that I missed.
The bars on the door are thinner.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 148, beastcharizard wrote:
Action: Pray to the almighty god mastin2 and say the following prayer: "Oh great overlord in the sky. Could you please kindly help all of us get out of this jail. None of us are sure of our crimes or if we ever did actually commit any. You are the all powerful being of the universe and I know you have the power to help us. You are the greatest mafia player ever, the legends tell me. Please just find it in your heart to strike down the Guard that was just injured and allow all of us to get free of our cells. Once we are out we can find a way to survive, I just need your help for this one thing. What I would specifically like is for the guard to die as he is imprisoning us for no reason and for all of our prison cells to be opened by you so we can get out. The cruelty of this man is against your teachings of being so awesome.

Thank you for heading my prayer all mighty and awesome mastin2."
You make your prayers to a dark mysterious entity, praying for divine assistance in spite of how a previous attempt at the same failed. Your elaborate prayer, however, manages to make something tick in your mind; a sense of familiarity rushes over you when making this prayer. Though your memories of your past life do not fully return, you feel that you are perhaps more powerful than you have been led to believe...and that, perhaps, with tweaking, on your powers alone, you could escape...but unfortunately, as you are, your prayer falls on seemingly deaf ears, as the guard is still very much alive and the door to every cell except for player_TellTaleHeart's is still locked.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Fancily-worded way of saying you failed, but that you have touched upon a MAJOR discovery. You're 90% likely to guess it wrong, because you've only TOUCHED on it, but good going.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #153 (isolation #22) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:14 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 151, beastcharizard wrote:next time I can do an action:
Action: Meditate and get to a place of completely ignoring the outside world. I will reflect upon what has just happened and see if I can't force myself to remember anything more than that slight glimpse of whatever it was I just saw.

I we are all demigods and that is why we are in this prison.
You cannot remember the specifics, though you feel as if there is a source of information nearby as to your origin that would jog your memory. However, you do in fact feel the sensation that you once held great power (enough to fit the description of a demigod even, regardless of whether you were one or not)--perhaps your power is lesser now, but perhaps it could become greater as well......

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 152, KingdomAces wrote:Action: Teleport out of the prison?
Though you have the sensation that this action may work, you also feel that it will require more specifics in order to be viable.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

After all prisoners have escaped, I will reveal the original methods by which you could have escaped. I will say not to give up hope, though, because regardless of original or created-by-unforeseen-circumstances ways, there are rather a few players who are close to figuring out an escape plan. So don't give up; you're almost there.
Last edited by mastin2 on Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #159 (isolation #23) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:40 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 155, beastcharizard wrote:
Action: Find the source of information by looking all over my room not missing a single nook or cranny. I knock on each brick/panel of the cell trying to figure out if one of them is false or if one of them makes a different sound than all the others. I tear the bed apart into tiny pieces and I don't mean just the stuffing I mean the whole bed apart as much as is possible in my current state. I check the toilet to see if there is anything suspicious about it. I reach my hand down into it to see if there is something I can feel and take out in case it is in there. I check the corners of the room that are dark. I check under the bed just in case. I move any and everything in my room to see if maybe it is underneath something. If I have a pillow I take off the pillow case and check it and then tear apart the pillow. I take off all my clothes, besides my underwear, and inspect them for anything suspicious. I knock on all the cell bars in case one of them makes a strange/different sound than all the others.
You find nothing of interest.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 158, Snakes wrote:Action: Look at cells and see where TellTaleHeart's cell is located in relation to Beastcharizard's.
Follow the pattern previously described. Player_Zymf made an almost-accurate map (rotate it 180 degrees), albeit obsolete. I lack the memory to bring up the relevant information a second time.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 154, Antihero wrote:
personal action: allow the guard to get close and stab me. then, as he's doing so, grab onto his clothes and pull him closer. bite him on the neck as hard as possible and rip his jugular open.
You allow the guard to come in and stab you. Though the wound is bad and you will require medical attention in order to continue living, you viciously bite at his neck and rip his jugular open.

The guard collapses, nearly dead. However, the maintenance worker abandons the task he was doing and turns around. In an instant, he somehow transforms his garb, to a white shirt, white pants, stethoscope, and a head mirror, a pill appearing where a plunger had been only moments before. "Don'ta worry, it'sa me, Dr. Ario, herea to curea all your needsa." He begins to move towards the guard......

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #162 (isolation #24) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 160, AcRv wrote:
Action: Will myself into the body of the guard
In post 161, beastcharizard wrote:
Action: Unscrew the bed screw like Anti did and then transform the screw into a key just like the maintance man just transformed his plunger into a pill.
Your powers do not work that way.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #176 (isolation #25) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 163, beastcharizard wrote:Bull I just saw a guy do it so I should have some sort of knowledge on how to do something like that myself.
I repeat: YOUR powers do not work that way.
His
powers, however, do.

action: Try each of the following things to discover more about my powers: Try to use telekensis to take the pill out of Doctor Ario's hand, Try to summon a swarm of bats, Try to shapeshift into a flea, Try to phase through the wall of the cell into TTH's cell, Try to make myself incorporal thus making myself able to move through things and things move through me but I don't sink down into the floor, Scream Fus Ro Dah! and see if i am a Dragon Born, Lift my hand up and say: "Weapon come!" and see if a weapon magically appears in my hand or comes crashing through the wall and landing in my hand, Try to levitate.
You experiment with the nature of yourself. Though most of your experiments are fruitless, you find that while you cannot simply walk through the wall into player_TellTaleHeart's cell, that you may in fact have some skill in a similar fantastic ability...

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 164, KingdomAces wrote:Focus very intently on the space on the opposite side of the bars, and imagine that I am there instead of inside the cell.
You have a feeling that this would work if tried slightly differently...but not as you specified. Imagination may play a part, and willpower certainly contributes, but it will take a much stronger train of thought to make it work...

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 175, Cheery Dog wrote:
Action: Tap feet together and think 'there's no place like home'
You think of home, and for a moment, you seem to fade out, as if to teleport.

...And then you immediately reappear exactly where you were before. Apparently, as far as your mind is concerned, this jail cell
is
your home.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 166, Jackel98 wrote:
Action:
I tie my rope to one of the door's bars, and then pull as hard as I can.
You loosen a small bar on the door, pulling it to the right. However, you can tell that it's not quite wide enough yet......

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 170, Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter Action: Ask Mario how Peach and Luigi are doing.
In post 172, Psyche wrote:Action: promise mario mushrooms in return for assistance with escape
In post 173, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Personal action: Grab the dagger and key from the incapacitated guard. Hold the magical doctor man at knife point and force him to cure Antihero. Stab him in the throat if he tries anything.
Making smalltalk to the maintenance worker/doctor, you make a sudden move to grab both dagger and key from the incapacitated guard. Though the doctor is unfazed by the knife, the continued talk while he is making his decision brings a smile to his face in amusement.

"I coulda fighta backa, but I don'ta feela likea it."

He tosses a pill into the mouth of player_Antihero, and while the stab wound doesn't instantly heal, the would to player_Antihero is stabilized, and looks to be on the way to recovering. "Don'ta straina for twoa daysa."

And with that, he leaps off into the distance, chuckling like a madman.
And to think
you
were the ones locked up.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #194 (isolation #26) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 182, Antihero wrote:this is the best text based adventure of all time
Not bad for something I seriously made JUST to stave off complete and total, utter boredom one night, eh? :P
But fair warning, you're probably gonna go back to hating me again when you see what's in store for you. This is...not your normal text-based adventure. I've said this, but you have NO clue what I actually
mean
by that statement, yet. You will soon enough, though......

In post 177, beastcharizard wrote:
Self Action: I walk to my cell door and place my hand on the two bars which have 2 bars in between them. I then focus on making the door intangible/incorporal thus allowing myself to just phase through the cell door.
If that doesn't work ask the nice lady who just got a key to unlock the cells to let me out.
You are getting colder...as your action instantly fails.

Do I need to spell it out for you? You cannot affect existing objects.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 179, Jackel98 wrote:
Action:
Tell player_TellTaleHeart to not unlock my cell, and pull the bar to the left of the one I just pulled so that I may make a hole to escape through.
You make a hole in the bar--it may now be possible to squeeze through it unimpeded.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "N" has entered the game.
In post 180, N wrote:Punch the wall until I'm sore, use the saw to cut the bed in half, put the halves together to make a whole and escape through hole!
Also yell until I'm hoarse and ride on the horse!
You make your escape attempt, and now find yourself in the hallway spanning the cells, riding a horse.

...Wait, that actually worked?
What the hell‽
That was not supposed to actually work; why did it actually work?

Oh, fine. It worked. Happy?
You find that there are two ways you can head: towards the light where the guard came from, and towards the darkness, deeper into the dungeon.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 181, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Action: Take the body armor off the incapacitated guard and put it on myself.
Action: Inspect the incapacitated guard for more items.
The guard (and therefore his clothing and items) looks like this:
Regrettably, aside from the dagger and the key, it seems he carried nothing. Apparently, he was to rely on shouting to bring help should he need it.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 190, vettrock wrote:Say the magic word....
You yell out, "Alaka
zam!
" as if expecting it to do something.

It does not.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 192, KingdomAces wrote:Check my inventory and the guard's status and location.
You check your inventory. In it, you find rope reflexively made from your prison shirt, your pants, and your underwear. You additionally find a screw.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Also, beast's correct: TTH and Antihero are in close proximity to one another.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #206 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 201, Psyche wrote:Action: Slap BC with my mind.
You mentally slap player_beastcharizard. Though player_beastcharizard feels a sharp mental pain to their cheek, they are physically uninjured by the action.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 197, Jackel98 wrote:Scratch that.
Action:
Untie my rope from the door.
Then
take player_TellTaleHeart's rope, tie it to mine, and then tie one end to the horse. Tie the other end to my torso, and follow behind the horse on my roller blades.
I would not even know where to begin describing the many ways this will not work.

Action failed, let us leave it at that.

In post 198, KingdomAces wrote:Um, pull out a flashlight and point it towards the darkness?
You do not possess a flashlight. The darkness, however, seems to be dim, yet manageable: were you to proceed further down the hallway towards it, you are certain that you would be able to vaguely make out whatever would await you there, especially with focus on it.

In post 199, Cheery Dog wrote:Action: (probably personal) Lie on bed and go to sleep, then attempt to dream about the future of exploring the corridor to get hints in an attempt to find out what lies ahead.
Though successful when lying in bed and going to sleep, when you attempt to dream about the future of exploring the corridor, you see only darkness, as if there is a wall blocking you.

In post 200, beastcharizard wrote:If yes:
Self Action: Focus my attention on my hands and make gauntlets and bracers appear on my hands and forearms so that I have some protection. To clarify these are bracers I just made and have never once existed in this world. Also, get off the horse if I am on one.

If no:
Self Action: Summon a Lvl 100 Charizard who will obey me and knows the following movies: Flare Blitz, Brick Break, Dragon Claw, Roost.
In post 205, Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter Action: Use the item glitch to obtain a snag machine and an infinite supply of master balls, and begin snagging any spontaneously appearing pokemon.
Your powers do not work that way.

Hmm...perhaps some clarity is in order, to be given after this...

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6589583#p6589583]QUERY[/url]: TellTaleHeart wrote:(Mastin: To clarify, can I take the armor? If so, was my previous action successful? Am I wearing the armor?)
Yes, you can and did take the armor; your previous action was successful and you are now wearing the armor.

Action: Using the key, unlock all the cells except Jackal's.
Action: Remove clothes from guard and use them to bind and gag him. If possible, try to crudely bandage the neck wound. Drag the guard into an empty cell and lock him in.
You remove the clothing from the guard and use it to bind, gag, and bandage him. You drag the guard into an empty cell and lock him in, while unlocking every cell that contains an entity within that you are connected to.

Congratulations. You have escaped.

...Now what?

You see light in one direction and darkness in another; which do you choose to move towards?

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Announcement:Now that you have escaped, it's time for me to reveal the ways that I, as the gamemaster, originally developed for you to escape the cells.
  • Take off clothing and use it to strangle the guard.
    (You have no clue how much I laughed out loud when someone suggested EXACTLY THIS.)

• Loosen screws and bang the lock until it breaks.
  • Squeeze through the bars. (With assistance, as needed.)
  • Using clothing, pickpocket the guard.
  • Manage to get the guard in your cell and overpower him.
  • Throw bed through bars to knock guard over, and have player across grab the keys.
  • Outlogic the gamemaster--By which, I mean, using impossibly-contrived methods, e.g. the shadowy nature of your powers, defying laws of physics.
    (This, by the way, was the method I began hinting at with post 150 and 153. It was to remain secret unless tried, which...because it was, I am revealing. It is in fact why N escaped: his wordplay temporarily 'broke' the game, allowing him to escape. I will say that there are severe limitations on this ability, which is why so many of you keep on failing.)

Congratulations on the escape, but now you have to figure out how to WIN the game.
There are NINE ways to win the game
; FOUR of these are
public/shared
and once revealed can be achieved by a group of players (there are two locations where you can locate the information needed to learn them); FIVE of these are
private
and are revealed only on their completion. Further information will be provided when relevant.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #224 (isolation #28) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

A thousand times apologies for not updating the game for so long. I DO promise you the game isn't dead, though. Life has just been a KILLER, so it's taken me until tonight to have the free time to. If I'm truly unable to continue, I won't just leave the game hanging; I will announce the official termination of it. Since this is not such an announcement...that must mean one thing: the game is afoot! (Much better than defeat!)

In post 207, Nicholas1024 wrote:
Enter Action: Loot any weapons (hidden or otherwise) the guard might still be carrying. Then head off in the direction of the light. Should the light source be portable (such as a lantern, flashlight, or torch), loot that as well.
In post 212, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Personal Action: Walk towards the light side of the hall.
In post 214, Jackel98 wrote:
Action:
Tie my rope to player_Antihero, so that neither of us get lost. Follow TTH.
In post 215, Psyche wrote:action: just do what tth does
In post 217, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:go towards the light!
In post 219, AcRv wrote:
Follow the heard
The guard has no weapons other than the dagger player_TellTaleHeart has stolen.

You head towards the light: there is a curved stairwell, and the harsh rays of daylight shine down upon you from above.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "Empking" has entered the game.
In post 209, Empking wrote:I ensure that I have a shirt on.
You undo the rope in your inventory to create a shirt to put back on.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 208, KingdomAces wrote:I head towards the darkness.
In post 216, JDGA wrote:
ENTER ACTION: I head to darkland.
In post 220, Zymf wrote:
Action: Go to towards the darkness
You head towards the darkness. When you reach the back of the room, you see a wall, blocking further progress. On the wall, you observe some writing. It reads: "In darkness, light cannot exist without me."

It is a riddle! (No, speaking 'friend' will not let you enter.)

ENTER ANSWER:
___

In post 210, beastcharizard wrote:
Self Action: Ask TTH for the key to the locked cell the guard is in so that I may go in and see if he is alive and if he can give me any information that might help lead to my escape.
The guard is alive, but currently unconscious. He will wake after a long, long sleep, and you feel that whatever information he may have for you would be easier to obtain via other methods.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "NobodySpecial" has entered the game.
In post 221, Nobody Special wrote:
Action: Observe immediate surroundings
You are in the hallway, with the others.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 218, Cheery Dog wrote:Action: Sleepwalk into the wall.
You sleepwalk into the wall.

Ouch.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #225 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Yes.

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6612906#p6612906]post 224[/url], mastin2 wrote:
You head towards the darkness. When you reach the back of the room, you see a wall, blocking further progress. On the wall, you observe some writing. It reads: "In darkness, light cannot exist without me."

It is a riddle! (No, speaking 'friend' will not let you enter.)

ENTER ANSWER:
___
Clarification: only those in immediate proximity to the wall may answer. However, given the close proximity of the players and their mind link, I will take any attempt from a player not currently near the wall to answer it as an additional action of walking (or backtracking, for those near the light) towards the wall. e.g. if player_EspeciallyTheLies blurted out an answer, then player_EspeciallyTheLies would move from the stairwell to the wall. This will only be until the riddle is answered.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #232 (isolation #30) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:33 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 227, AcRv wrote:
Push to the front of the herd and head up the stairs, expecting to get knocked down as soon as I reach the top.
When you head up the stairs, you observe there are three directions you may head: to the right, there is a door. To the left, there is an open walkway, where the light is strongest. Straight ahead, there is a stairway heading up, with windows of light coming through. It would appear you are at ground level.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 226, JDGA wrote:
ENTER ANSWER: TORCH
INCORRECT
In post 229, KingdomAces wrote:Energy (since light bulbs don't use fire, and this is the common denominator)
Fire (should be covered by torch, but just in case)
Light (because light can't exist if there isn't any light. It made more sense in my head)
Mellon (you only said saying 'friend' wouldn't let us enter)
Open, says uh... ME!
If we're only allowed one answer, then I'll go with Energy.
INCORRECT
In post 228, Cheery Dog wrote:also shadow
As you respond with an answer of "Shadow", you fully expect nothing to happen. However, there is a pause.

CORRECT
. A great rumbling noise shakes the chamber, and the wall falls away to reveal a stairwell heading downward, further into the dungeon.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Well, that was fast.

System Update: Corrected a syntax error.
Last edited by mastin2 on Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #233 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:37 am

Post by mastin2 »

Clarification: you can switch to the light/darkness sides right now at will, but right now is the only time it is a "free" action. Once players head down the stairs and/or head to one of the three directions from the light, they will be too far apart for it to be instantaneous. You may still switch until I tell you that you cannot, but it will take a full update for the transition after this point.

Thus, I will delay the next update to allow players to make their decision, and then I will inform you of your positions. (Those who do not specify up/down will be assigned to whichever of the two has more players already assigned. If there is a tie, then I will decide.)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #235 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:57 am

Post by mastin2 »

PLAYERS UP STAIRS:
player_Nicholas1024
player_TellTaleHeart
player_Jackel98
player_Psyche
player_EspeciallyTheLies
player_AcRv

PLAYERS DOWN STAIRS:
player_KingdomAces
player_JDGA
player_Zymf
player_Empking
player_Cheery-Dog
player_vettrock

PLAYERS IN HALLWAY:
player_Antihero
player_beastcharizard
player_Blackberry
player_N
player_Nobody-Special
player_orcinus-theoriginal
player_Snakes

INFORMATION: New players may still join the game at any time, until I say they may not. They may choose a direction until I say they cannot, but will by default be assumed to favor heading towards the largest group.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #247 (isolation #33) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Post by mastin2 »

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6613867#p6613867]QUERY[/url]: Jackel98 wrote:So, I am not currently dragging Anti around on my rope?
Processing error.
player_Antihero's position has been recalculated.

(expired on 2015-02-21 22:15:00) until actions commence.

In post 246, Cheery Dog wrote:Action: head back my bed in the cell and try dream analyzing again
Analyze
what
?

ENTER ACTION:
_____

PLAYERS UP STAIRS:
player_Nicholas1024
player_TellTaleHeart
player_Jackel98
player_Psyche
player_EspeciallyTheLies
player_AcRv
player_Antihero

PLAYERS DOWN STAIRS:
player_KingdomAces
player_JDGA
player_Zymf
player_Empking
player_vettrock
player_Nobody-Special

PLAYERS IN HALLWAY:
player_beastcharizard
player_Blackberry
player_N
player_Snakes
player_Cheery-Dog
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #249 (isolation #34) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by mastin2 »

You fall into a dreamstate to analyze the darkness once more. Beyond the staircase down, you can tell even though nobody has yet to go down that you will encounter another barrier, one easier than the first but which carries a great danger.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #251 (isolation #35) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:58 pm

Post by mastin2 »

(expired on 2015-02-21 22:15:00) until actions commence.

PLAYERS UP STAIRS:
player_Nicholas1024
player_TellTaleHeart
player_Jackel98
player_Psyche
player_EspeciallyTheLies
player_AcRv
player_Antihero
player_Cheery-Dog

PLAYERS DOWN STAIRS:
player_KingdomAces
player_JDGA
player_Zymf
player_Empking
player_vettrock
player_Nobody-Special

PLAYERS IN HALLWAY:
player_beastcharizard
player_Blackberry
player_N
player_Snakes

That means that any action you do up or down the stairs will take effect at the specified time.
(So AcRv and Cheery Dog's actions will take effect, just not at this very moment.)
Actions taken in the hallway are instantaneous, though note that players will only stay in the hallway if they say so. Otherwise, at the specified time, they move.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #252 (isolation #36) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:56 pm

Post by mastin2 »

PLAYERS UP STAIRS:
player_Nicholas1024
player_TellTaleHeart
player_Jackel98
player_Psyche
player_EspeciallyTheLies
player_AcRv
player_Antihero
player_Cheery-Dog
player_beastcharizard
player_Blackberry
player_N
player_Snakes

PLAYERS DOWN STAIRS:
player_KingdomAces
player_JDGA
player_Zymf
player_Empking
player_vettrock
player_Nobody-Special

In post 243, Jackel98 wrote:
Action Revised:
Stay upstairs. Check what I am wearing, and see what is in my inventory.
You are wearing pants, and underwear on your head. You have a screw in your inventory. You have pieces of the mattress in your inventory.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 245, AcRv wrote:
Advance up the stairs at a reasonable pace, with slight caution.
You advance up the stairs. You find yourself in a very large room. There are three doors: one to the left, ninety degrees; one to the right, ninety degrees; one straight ahead. You have a feeling looking around the room will give you a better hint as to what you are in for.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 250, Cheery Dog wrote:
Action: Go up stairs and through the door on the right
You head back upstairs and then open the door to the right. Inside, you see three heavily-armed and armored guards.

Oops.

They have not noticed you, yet, but that will not last for long......

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 244, Empking wrote:I continue downstairs.
You continue down the stairs to the next dungeon level. Once again, you encounter a wall, this time with far more complex writing on it, along with what looks to be a defense mechanism. This time, the writing says:
"If red = blue, what does green equal?"

!
WARNING
!

As there are a finite number of possible answers, blind guessing will not be accepted.
Rather, as a collective group, you are allowed
ONE
blind guess. Once that blind guess has been made,
you must logic through your answers
. Failure to adequately comply to this rule will result in
subject termination
, even if your answer proves to be correct. Choose carefully, and think your answers through. There is minimal punishment for well-reasoned incorrect answers, but note that judgement of well-reasoned is at my discretion; should your answer fall short by my definition, then it will count as the blind guess. (And if the blind guess has been used, your termination.)

ENTER ANSWER:
_____

Basically, the riddle game continues, but I needed something to make this one deter you from blind guessing. Just think the riddle through as if a math problem: show your work, your logic, and answer. It will PROBABLY count as being a reasonable guess. I consider this riddle to be easier than the first, in fact. Just don't be a dick that randomly blurts out an answer and you'll probably be fine.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #254 (isolation #37) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Player "Aronis" has joined the game.
In post 253, Aronis wrote:Go up the stairs, and go left towards where the light is strongest.
You go to where the light is strongest. Fresh air greets you: it is the outside! You see directly in front of you a drawbridge, across what appears to be a very, very steep moat.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #258 (isolation #38) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Yes.

Yes. It is traversable right now should you choose to.

carefully observe my surroudings
In the faint distant horizon, you can see what appears to be a village, about a full day's walk from your current position. Your view of further to the right is obscured by the angle of the castle you now can see you have come from. You can see that to the left of the village in the distance there appears to be a crack in the earth, but from this distance, you can only see it exists; you cannot make out how wide, how deep, or how long it is. There is no ground on the outside of the castle on this end of the drawbridge, as the drawbridge goes straight into the castle where you now stand. Across the drawbridge is nothing but plains after plains, endless grassland as far as you can see.

So as far as you can tell, it is your stereotypical castle, with a stereotypical surrounding, and a stereotypical bridge, with a stereotypical moat. You are slightly too far away from the moat to see what is in it or how deep it is; you would need to travel a few feet forward onto the bridge to see what is below.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #260 (isolation #39) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 259, Aronis wrote:
Carefully walk out onto the bridge to examine the moat, prepared to run if something bad starts to happen
The moat is about 100 feet deep. It has the wide body of water you would expect. You see dots in the water, and identify them as alligators or crocodiles, perhaps even both.

...Yes, alligators and crocodiles, in a moat. What were you expecting?

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #277 (isolation #40) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 261, N wrote:ride my horse to the village! giddy up!
In post 265, Aronis wrote:
ride to the village with N
In post 264, Psyche wrote:action: get on n's back
As you pile onto the horse, it whinnies in protest, and bucks all three of you off. You are too heavy! The horse can not carry a load of that size. Fortunately, the horse remains stationary; you simply have been painfully dismounted by force.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

(Yes, I know some horses would be able to carry three people. This is not one of those horses; it's a fairly weak horse.

Player "Mist7676" has entered the game.
In post 267, Mist7676 wrote:
Move up the stairs and go to the door on the right cautiously.
You move up the stairs and go to the door on the right cautiously, where player_Cheery-Dog now cowers. Tip-toeing, you avoid disturbing them, but it is only a matter of time before they turn to look at you. Standing right there.

Brilliant planning!

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 269, AcRv wrote:
Look around the room, and call out to ask if anyone's coming with me
You look around the room. It is larger than the ground floor you were on. It has a fancy rug on the floor, pointing to each of the four directions. Above the path straight ahead, on the archway, you see letters, spelling out:
"Tower Of Skies -- Level 1".
Above the path to the left, you see markings that look like binoculars. Above the path to the right, you see an emblem of a shield with two swords behind it, and a scroll to the side of the shield.

In spite of the light from windows, there is a torch in each corner of the room.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6620721#p6620721]QUERY[/url]: KingdomAces wrote:Are people not in the downstairs group allowed to help us out, even if they can't give an official answer?
At present time, yes. You must have at least one member physically there and it is recommended you have a party of approximately 5-7 (exactly what you actually have), but for the time being, you are permitted to assist without being at the location, just like those attempting to solve the riddle through the mental link can currently offer suggestions to those elsewhere.
[url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6620721#p6620721]QUERY[/url]: KingdomAces wrote:Also, are we allowed to guess without asking the rest of the group first, as long as we show work?
You are indeed, as it is you who suffers the consequences of being wrong.

If so: Green=Blue+Yellow. If Blue=Red, then Green=Red+Yellow. Normally, Red+Yellow=Orange, so if Green=Red+Yellow, then Green=Orange.
In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6620853#p6620853]post 274[/url], Zymf wrote:Red and blue are both primary colors. Green is secondary color, so therefore it should equal another secondary color (orange or purple). Purple consist of both blue and red, whereas orange and green only consist of either red or blue respectively. Therefore Green = Orange
You reason out that the answer must be 'orange', and blurt it out.

Incorrect
You still possess the blind guess.

ENTER ANSWER:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #284 (isolation #41) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:28 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 278, Aronis wrote:
Go across the drawbridge and see if I see anything else that is out of the ordinary
Be more specific.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 281, AcRv wrote:
Head through the passageway with the binoculars.
You head through the doorway with the binoculars. On the other side, you find...three heavily-armored archers.

...You people really have a knack for choosing the
worst
possible locations to go. The archers currently are looking down, apparently scanning the surroundings, and it becomes clear that the binoculars meant 'watchtower'.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 283, Cheery Dog wrote:Action: Look for somewhere to hide.
Be more specific.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #292 (isolation #42) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 285, Aronis wrote:
Look at the walls of the castle and see if it's possible to climb them
The walls are too slick. Even were you to overcome that obstacle, there are archers who would spot you and shoot you down. Were there not to be, you would be climbing up endlessly because you cannot see where the tower in the center of the castle ends. Unless you found a way back inside once climbing, you simply would run out of stamina long before reaching the top.

...Probably best not to try that, yet.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 286, KingdomAces wrote:
Scream "Help!"
When screaming "Help!", the wall recognizes that you are not answering with 'help', and are instead requesting it. There is a great rumbling noise, and silence.

You are uncertain if the wall is laughing at you for thinking you would receive assistance, or attempting to provide it yet being held back. Regardless, it would be best to continue with your efforts. How hard could it be?

ENTER ANSWER:
_____

All doors are push from one side and pull from the other. For the purposes of convenience, assume that you pull the door out rather than push the door in.

You yell, quite loudly, at the guards to get their attention. All three grab firm hold of their weapons and turn their attention to you, also spotting player_Cheery-Dog cowering on the floor.

I am NOT saving you if you get yourself killed out of stupidity.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

You make a dash for town on your horse.

Rolling stealth check...needed number: 75 or higher.
Original Roll String: 2d50
2 50-Sided Dice: (5, 46) = 51
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #293 (isolation #43) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Oops. I'll need to keep in mind formatting for rolls in the future when they're needed. But that reads 51.
...You have been spotted!

Rolling to see damage...saving needed is 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5.
Original Roll String: 7d6
7 6-Sided Dice: (1, 3, 2, 5, 2, 5, 4) = 22
Let us just say that any fails are going to suck.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #295 (isolation #44) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:58 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 294, AcRv wrote:
Query: have the archers seen me?
No. They are too busy firing.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 293, mastin2 wrote:Rolling to see damage...saving needed is 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5.
Original Roll String: 7d6 (STATIC)
7 6-Sided Dice: (1, 3, 2, 5, 2, 5, 4) = 22
An arrow hits player_N in the right ribs. You are lucky; had that shot come from the left, then it would have pierced your heart. As it is, you simply have to deal with a collapsed lung. An arrow barely misses the horse's left hind foot, but your horse has been made lame by the arrow now sticking out of its right rear foot. player_Psyche avoids a kill shot to their heart, but a second arrow shot lands squarely in player_Psyche's lower back, paralyzing player_Psyche beneath the legs. Another arrow misses player_Psyche's left leg, but one final arrow is now embedded in player_Psyche's right leg.

player_N is wounded!
player_Psyche is crippled!

Maybe rushing out into the field, in your PRISON UNIFORMS, during BROAD DAYLIGHT, with ARCHERS LOOKING AT YOU, with a PASSENGER, was a bad idea. You are lucky you had the horse; making that journey on foot would have been suicide.

However, you have succeeded, and will arrive at the village in half a day.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #315 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Apologies for the delay. I was writing it last night, but my internet failed before I could finish.
Define 'outside sources'.

If outside sources = google, then yes. I
was
tempted to use some riddles I had posted under a different name on a different site, but I figured people would cheat by googling them. (Plus this was years ago so to even FIND them I would have to myself google them. :P) So I made up entirely new riddles, meaning that there's no direct answer google will provide...though it may or may not be of assistance.

Assume some shade of dark gray, almost black. You will receive no hint in the coloring of the wall, though that does not mean you are without hints...

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6625910#p6625910]post 307[/url], KingdomAces wrote:Screw it.
Say Green is equal to Green

Because everything is equal to itself.
Spoiler: If that's not good enough,
Running this C++ code

Code: Select all

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
using namespace std;

int main(){
    string red="blue";
    string a="green";
    string b="green";
    if(a==b)
        cout<<"true";
    else
        cout<<"false";

return 0;
}
prints true.
Figuring everything is equal to itself, and therefore green = green, you shout out the answer, "Green!"

Incorrect

Apparently, in the realm of this riddle, everything is not equal to itself. Well, at least it did not count as your blind guess.

ENTER ANSWER:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6625153#p6625153]post 298[/url], AcRv wrote:
Grab the nearest archer and hurl him into the one on the left
In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6625154#p6625154]post 299[/url], AcRv wrote:And, if possible, punch the third one in the face before he realises what's happening.
You grab the central archer and hurl him into the archer on the left. Though none of the three have received significant damage, all three have been stunned, completely unprepared for your attack and now being off-balance. You will have
one free turn
of actions on them.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6625271#p6625271]post 301[/url], Cheery Dog wrote:Distract guards by throwing screw against opposite wall, then attack them with my fists and trying to shield myself using the shirt-rope.
Distracting the guards by throwing a screw against the opposite wall, you attack them with your fists and use your rope as an impromptu shield. player_Mist7676 attempts to distract them further with words, and continues rambling on to no effect (aside from humorous background noise) as you continue your assault.

Though your fists do little to slow the guards down, they are visibly doing damage to the guards' faces. Your rope manages to grab hold of their halberds to keep them from stabbing you, but while you are avoiding getting hit and faring far better in this 3-on-1 than you by all rights should, you know to win it you will require either a change in strategy our outside assistance.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Nice job! I was actually quite impressed by your choice in action, and you have unlocked a clue about your past by doing so! (
You are more competent then you by all rights should be in combat.
)

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6625503#p6625503]post 303[/url], Aronis wrote:
Search for a decent sized rock and throw it at the archers
Action failed--the archers are too high to hit, especially at such an awkward angle.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

There is nothing but plains for miles to your right. Behind you is a castle, with a tower in it extending into the sky. To your left, there is in the faint distance cliffs, though the easiest route to access it passes through the village ahead. You get the distinct impression you are meant to head to the village first. Let us offer some incentive:

By heading to the village, you gain access to
three
of the nine ways to win the game.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #320 (isolation #46) » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 317, N wrote:I thought we were already at the village
That would have been an awful fast half a day, especially given the manner in which time has progressed elsewhere. You will get to the village at a "check point" so to speak, relevant to the others: when the action has died down.

In post 318, Aronis wrote:
Go back inside and go straight when I come to the intersection
[so if I was coming from the prisons I would be going right]
Grabbing a few small pebbles, the closest thing to a proper rock you could manage, you head back inside and go straight, into the room where player_Cheery-Dog is engaged in a brawl.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #326 (isolation #47) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 323, AcRv wrote:
Grab the one I punched and use him as a human shield, pulling out his dagger and holding it to his throat, slowly retreating. If he resists, slice his throat and run.

ERROR: The archers have no daggers. Action aborted, though you still have the free action.

ENTER ACTION
_____

In post 321, Aronis wrote:Okay, good.
Throw the 'rocks' at the guard
You throw the 'rocks' at the nearest guard. It does nothing but momentarily stun him. This is, incidentally, enough time for the fight to continue playing out.

In post 324, Mist7676 wrote:
Help cheery in any way possible. Maybe get a few punches in if I can.
You aid player_Cheery-Dog by using the opening player_Aronis gave to punch a guard in the face. Though effective, you will still require more than mere punches to win this fight.

ENTER ACTION
_____

Player "Brian-Skies" has entered the game.
In post 325, Brian Skies wrote:
Examines self, inventory, location, and surroundings. Move towards the room with the shield and scroll insignia to examine the meaning of the mark. If the mark signifies possible equipment to be had, cautiously try to peer the contents of the room by slowly and silently opening the door.
You have prison leggings, a rope made from a prison shirt, a screw, and pieces of bedding in your inventory. You move to the room with the shield and scroll insignia over it and examine the mark. The mark in fact does signify equipment to be had, as you can see it now reads "Armory". Inside, you manage to see what appears to be a shop...however, the owner seems to be terrified of you. He blurts out, "Please...don't kill me! I...I'm just a simple shopkeeper, spare me please and I promise I will do what I can to give you whatever it is you want! Just spare my life!"

Interesting.

ENTER ACTION
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #335 (isolation #48) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 327, Brian Skies wrote:
Ask him if he has armor and weapons for myself and my fellow brethren. In return for ample and adequate supplies, I will spare his life.
Ask him for a complete inventory of his wares.
I'd also like to interrogate him on the surrounding area. Information of nearby locations, quests, people of interest, notable locations within the castle we should be aware of...and inquire about a map, healing items, scrolls, etc. etc.
The shopkeeper tells you that there is a map room directly beneath the current floor, on ground level. He informs you that any information on nearby locations, quests, people of interest, and such would be located within there. He then proceeds to give you the starter equipment set.

You have obtained "dagger".
You have obtained "leather armor".
You have obtained "leather leggings".
You have obtained "cloth hood".
You have obtained "cloth gloves".
You have obtained "3-foot stick".
(Sorry, it is the closest to a ten-foot pole he has available.)
You have obtained "30 feet of rope".
You have obtained "scroll of teleportation (1 charge)".
You have obtained "healing potion: minor wounds".

He promises that he will equip any of your comrades who come in with an identical equipment set, but that more advanced wares he would have to order with gold, and will randomly provide a selection of as he continues his business. (Though he notes that it will take an external increase in economy for his selection to improve past a certain point.) He additionally swears he would give the best possible price on them that would allow him to continue running the shop.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 330, AcRv wrote:
Pull the one I punched and throw him into the other two in the hope some sort of domino effect will occur.
You throw the archer into the other two, and they are knocked back. However, the effect is weaker than it originally was; the guard in the back is left shaken, but not stunned, and is very slowly readying his bow. You will need to do more than just push the archers around to knock them out.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Yes: a halberd and a sword, to be more precise. They look like this:
Use my distraction to try and disarm the guard closest to me.
You take the guard's halberd from him, but he draws his sword.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6636814#p6636814]post 333[/url], Nobody Special wrote:
Silently examine surroundings as I've completely blanked as to where I am.
You are at the riddle wall.

In [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6636874#p6636874]post 334[/url], Empking wrote:Green equals yellow.
This is because of primary colours:
With paint it goes: Blue, Yellow and Red.
With light it goes: Red, Green and Blue.
Blue and red correspond to each other when going to one system to another, while green is in additive, but it's place is taken by yellow in the subtractive. This is also why the '=' sign is only use for 'red=blue'
This is a very good guess! The wall actually trembles at it...

Incorrect

...But ultimately, it is not an accurate one. A fair attempt, yet sadly not successful. However, you still possess your blind guess, should you choose to use it.

ENTER ANSWER:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #347 (isolation #49) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:01 am

Post by mastin2 »

Sorry for the delay; long weekend.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637542#p6637542]QUERY[/url]: Brian Skies wrote:
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6636993#p6636993]post 335[/url], mastin2 wrote:Though he notes that it will take an external increase in economy for his selection to improve past a certain point.
Also, what? Just how deep
is
this game?
Extremely deep, to the point where when the game is completely over, there will likely still be aspects of the game that I will need to reveal since they never got explored. You got far more than what you bargained for.

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637038#p6637038]post 336[/url], KingdomAces wrote:If possible, go to the shopkeeper and get equipped and then return to the riddle wall.
I'm still thinking about it, but I've still got nothing right now.
That would take you a full two updates to accomplish, as in, double the length of player_N's and player_Psyche's ride. As you can tell by their boredom, I would not recommend you go through with it, but if you desire, then you shall.

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637508#p6637508]post 343[/url], JDGA wrote:
ENTER ANSWER:LAVENDER
Red and Blue both have one E in their name. Green has two Es, and while there aren't any other super common colours with two Es, Lavender does and isn't
too
uncommon.
I...will accept that answer.

You logic the answer out to be "Lavender!", yelling it out. Though you can tell that the answer rather clearly is not in fact lavender, and that the logic used to obtain that answer is very clearly incorrect, much to your surprise, the wall opens up.

Correct

Then, markings that were invisible before begin to glow, revealing the true answer and process: "When using RGB colors, inverting red will create cyan, a greenish-blue that is fairly light. When using RGB colors, inverting green will create magenta, a violet-red/purplish-red color. Thus, if red = (light/green) blue, then green = violet/purple/magenta." As lavender is considered a pale tint of violet, and violet was an acceptable answer, I will be generous and consider your answer to be close enough.

That must mean you are ready to head down a level, and you automatically progress down. Once more, you find a wall, and yet again, there is a riddle. "If I have 52 oranges and 23 apples, how many bananas do I have?"

!Caution!

Though there is an infinite number of possible answers, there is only a finite number of probable guesses. Thus, you are limited as a
group
to
five
blind guesses, and each
individual
may be responsible for only
one
of those blind guesses. (This is why having at least five at the riddle wall was recommended.) The same guidelines apply: randomly shouting out a number will count as a blind guess, but just about any logic used will not.

Good luck. For this third riddle, you most certainly will need it.

ENTER ANSWER:
_____

You stab at his neck, but the guard not being incompetent manages to deflect the killing blow to a mere graze.

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637461#p6637461]post 341[/url], Brian Skies wrote:
Equip the dagger, leather armor, leather leggings, cloth hood, and cloth gloves. Equip the 3-Foot stick as well and use it as a makeshift shield. Ask the shopkeeper what the Sky Tower is before thanking him and proceeding to the room CD and Mist are located. Help Aronis kill the first guard, careful as to not get struck by the guard's sword. The goal is to create an opening for Aronis to land a killing blow.
The shopkeeper tells you he does not know what the Tower of Skies actually is, simply that it extends far up into the sky, and is filled with traps, obstacles, and enemies--in short, much the same as what you have previously dealt with in escaping from prison.

You equip your armor and dagger, using the 3-foot stick in your spare hand. You move down a level and prevent the nearest guard from moving in closer to player_Aronis. Using this opening, player_Aronis takes a second jab, this one landing squarely in the throat, dropping the guard dead in an instant. One down, two to go.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6637984#p6637984]post 345[/url], AcRv wrote:
Grab the one who is readying his bow around the neck and slam his head into the railing (I'm just assuming there's one even though I haven't explicitly been told it's there).
Rushing in, you grab the neck of the archer readying his bow, lift him up with your immense strength, and you slam his head brutally into the railing. Blood spatters everywhere and he falls limp, dead. As an added bonus, the two archers in front of you--while now being literally right in front of you, dangerously close--are unprepared for your sudden movements, and thus, you can strike again. You really are a monster, are not you?

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Player "McMenno" has joined the game.
In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6638060#p6638060]post 346[/url], McMenno wrote:>I join the game
>I go to the room with the shopkeeper, and ask him for starter gear.
You head to the shop, and get equipped with the starter gear.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #362 (isolation #50) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:21 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 352, KingdomAces wrote:In the meantime, scan the walls.
You scan the walls, and while you feel that they contain hints, you have a feeling they will not be revealed until an event triggers them, likely an event dealing with guessing. (Hint, hint.)

ENTER ANSWER:
_____

For those rushing the guards, let us just say...the specifics are not important, one of you basically unarmed there was enough to be competent against them; all of you there heavily armed is enough to kill them.

...Now what?

ENTER ACTION:
_____

Yes.

You arrive at the village.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #387 (isolation #51) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Sorry I've been gone for the last few days. If you read my blog (which, let's face it, nobody does), you'd know that I've been going through some seriously harsh times as of late, particularly over last weekend. In that case, basically two all-nighters in a row doing nothing but studying to so much as keep my job. I joke all the time that I'm paid to sit around and do nothing, but truth is, getting a recert is absolutely BRUTAL, taxing both physically *and* mentally.

Good news is, won't have to do it for another two years; I passed. Bad news is, I've been left in a position where I practically siteflaked, albeit over a short timeframe, and it's going to take me quite a while to do "damage control", so to speak, on what my absence caused.
(14 PMs. FOURTEEN. Still sorting through them!)

Soyeah, that's why I haven't been updating the game. I'd say I'll be active from now-on, but...well...

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, things're going to get worse activity-wise for this game.

One of my uncles died recently, and while I'm not emotionally compromised (the only feeling I feel is sadness for not feeling anything I SHOULD feel), and I'm not flying to Michigan for the funeral (I live in Washington), so I'm not V/LA in any definitive terms, but my mom IS attending, and her departure WILL affect my availability, so sorry that I'm going to be a bit compromised.

Furthermore, I'm still on a sitewide level dealing with the fallout from last week, as you mighta guessed by it taking me so long to get here. I'll do what I can, though. (Hey, I DID say I'm going through a rough patch.) Don't worry; the game WILL continue, as my prior promise to announce any game abandonment still holds; I will not abandon the game without telling you.

Now without further ado......

In post 363, Psyche wrote:look around
It is a small village. It has a population housing around fifty, primarily farmers. There is a well in the center of the town. There is a blacksmith, for forging equipment. There is a weapons shop. There is an armor shop. There is an equipment shop. There is the village elder's hut. There are seventeen houses spread across the village. There is a path leading to the cliffs, directly to your left. There is a path leading to a cave directly ahead of you. To the right, the plains continue, uphill: not a very defendable village, but viable with proper preparations.

The villagers show visible fear at your presence.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 364, McMenno wrote:>Look around
There are three dead guards on the floor. The room contains various documents: pieces of paper, maps, logs, journals, and such. It would appear that this is the location where all the important happenings of things were accounted for and stored.

ENTER ACTION:
_____
I will detail equipment distribution next update.

In post 366, Brian Skies wrote:
Examine and search the room. If this is the map room, look for maps and information regarding people of interest, quests and information of the castle we're in.
You discover a map detailing the known locations to the guards of this castle.

It details that in the outside world to the northwest (emphasis west), there is the village. Continuing northwest, there is a cave, marked as the "Cave of Power". It is located inside an impassible mountain, thus, ending the map in that direction. To the southwest, there is the Cliffs of Doom. An ocean lies to the southeast, ending the map in that direction. The only way to progress is through the plains, which are marked on the map as "not our duty to be concerned about", the lazy bastards. (What can you expect? They are only guards. If they were adventurers, they would not be guards, now, would they?)

Your current location on the map is marked as being "The Castle", which has built into it "Tower of Skies". You also note that the moat is on the castle map.

You find a second map detailing the layout of the castle. It shows that heading down, there is the "Dungeon of Mysteries". The first level is marked as "prison cells". The levels below that are marked with a question mark, with an annotation, "Our ancestors left clues, but we're not smart enough to figure them out." They ARE guards, you know. Above that, going into the Tower of Skies, there is a watchpost, a shop, and an exclamation mark shown. The exclamation mark has a note to "refer to logs".

Deciding this might be a good opportunity to read, you take up a journal.
Warden's log. We have been pressed by bowpoint by the general of an army to hold prisoners, currently being held in some sort of suspended animation. (I'd think that living in a CASTLE, we'd have better defenses, but our 'castle' appears to just be mostly superficial dressing for the tower and dungeon as far as I can tell.) Personally, I don't really care about their alleged nefarious deeds, but it's amazing what the threat of death does to motivate you. Also, apparently the locals also hold a grudge, so
not
holding these people prisoner might foster hostility I very much do not need as the one in control of this facility.
Warden's log.
I have mapped out the areas that, through exploration, I have managed to see, but I can't figure out the riddle for the dungeon, as if it's not meant for me to solve. The Tower of Skies, though, is proving to be a...bit more difficult for me to tackle. Apparently, once the castle ends and the tower proper begins, the floors are in a constant state of flux. Different people will see the same floor in a different way, and that configuration will eventually change for the same person. By conventional means, this will make mapping the tower impossible, but I have an idea...
Warden's log.
Suspicions confirmed. I woke up two of the prisoners from their suspended animation. They appear to hold no memories of their prior lives, so I let them out and told them they were adventurers, and that I had a challenge in mind for them. It would appear that these prisoners share some sort of psychic link, and this seems to create a pattern.

Two normal people entering the tower at the same time will see the same thing, but when entering separately will have different things. Yet through their psychic link, it would appear the tower "remembers" them, even when they have entered separately. It may not be the proper usage of the term, but I have dubbed it eidetic memory: the tower will forget the exact details for people even if they remain similar. However, for these specimen, it seems the psychic link allows the tower to be the same for all of them, allowing for easy traversal. The two subjects see what the other sees, remembers what's there, and can therefore in an extraordinarily short amount of time resume from where they left off. Fascinating.
Warden's log.
Experiment aborted. The two subjects somehow regained knowledge of their prior lives, and decided that while adventuring may be fun,
killing us
would be far more enjoyable. I lost half my staff to their rampage. For some reason, they went down to the dungeon, which I suspect was to wipe the memories clean of the prisoners to ensure that those waking up would not share the same psychic link, severing their tie. I dare not wake a prisoner to test this theory, though. The prisoners ran off, and are presumably on their ways to becoming new warlords.

I'm leaving one of my subordinates in charge. I've done as much as I can to entertain myself, here, and would rather not stick around for this ticking time bomb to go off. I'm not strong enough to become an adventurer capable of besting the dragon in the Cave of Power, but I suppose I might be of use somewhere in the world. Officially, my reason for leaving is to track down the two rogue prisoners, but I sincerely doubt I'd be able to do anything to them, especially if they have managed to build themselves an empire by the time I reach them. I'll continue writing journals of my exploits, but I'm officially leaving my life here behind, including these notes. Who knows, they might help someone.
And then it all comes rushing back to you.

All the memories flood over you, about who you once were. All of you were commanders, generals to a great dark evil warlord, set on world domination. He accumulated so much strength and power that none could defeat him. Then, he decided simply conquering the world was not enough; he would ascend to become a god. Already having vast powers, all he needed was a little bit more. And being an evil warlord, he had absolutely no qualms with sacrificing his own men. In a dark ritual he had you perform, a third of his army was killed, a third of his army was sacrificed, and the final third killed themselves. To complete the ritual, he drained all of his lieutenants--YOU!--of everything they had, power, memories, all but the psychic link connecting you, and wiping you to clean slates, he accomplished his goal in ascending to godhood.

And now knowing where you come from, a strong urge to follow in his footsteps has emerged......

Announcement
Three
of four public win conditions have been revealed!
  • Climb the Tower of Skies and ascend to godhood
    . The tower of skies, literally, goes into the skies
    (thus the name)
    , and extends to heaven. (It is the method most like what you have so far.)
  • Descend the Dungeon of Mysteries
    . It goes down the
    other
    way, but for
    you
    , that still works. (It is also considered the easiest method of victory, albeit one of the least-adventurous.)
  • Crawl the Dungeon of Power and Slay the Mighty Immortal King Dragon Andraxal-Kerlazor
    (Hey, better name than "Smog".)

• The
    fourth
    public wincon is located somewhere in the village.

Well, that is a lot to digest.

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 371, AcRv wrote:
Throw one of them over the railing, and then grab the remaining one around the throat, lift him up, and ask him "how are you today?"
Dropping his bow, he nervously (very, very nervously) smiles, laughs a panicked laugh, but eventually manages an answer of, "...Could be better.
(Pleasedon'tkillme.)
"

ENTER ACTION:
_____

In post 378, Empking wrote:72
Figuring the answer must lie in binary numbers, you shout an answer of "72".

Incorrect

There must be another key.

ENTER ANSWER
_____

I'll give you a hint next update.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”