Open 581: Making Friends and Enemies! (Game over)

Lone Ranger
Lone Ranger
Goon
Lone Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Lone Ranger »

It is not impossible the GC as town gets into a ridiculous tunnel with another townie. I've seen it happen before. It is more of how GC is taking advantage of the weaker players in the game and building off of some arguments that he should as town cut through. It feels agenda-driven.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Citation needed.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1700, Lone Ranger wrote:It is not impossible the GC as town gets into a ridiculous tunnel with another townie.

Also, lol because you were the instigator of this "tunnel."
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:49 am

Post by Heartless »

VOTE: kaboose
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:51 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1696, elleheathen wrote:That's just about the last persons flip I'd want to see right now. Eugh.

WORK WITH US THEN
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1702, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1700, Lone Ranger wrote:It is not impossible the GC as town gets into a ridiculous tunnel with another townie.

Also, lol because you were the instigator of this "tunnel."

Further lol:
In post 1519, Green Crayons wrote:
Spoiler: Ranger's push on me is bad but, what makes it more scummy, is that it appears calculated to get into a lengthy wall war. Scum motivation: look like TvT if I get lynched.
a. Once again, someone being wrong does not make one scum. And suspecting one's suspectors is a classic town blunder. That said, I'm still allowed to call Ranger out on her bullshit case, as scum do need to actually push shit cases to win, so here we go.

b. Ranger's first lays the foundation for her GC hate in and . Ranger's criticism is part ad hom (GC is usually good, but here he's fucking horrible!) and, to the extent she states criticism that is valid in the abstract (shallow arguments, failing to actually engage) she doesn't connect them to the real world of this game. She repeats her same case in after nobody really picks up on her GC-beef. Consequentially, these posts are nothing short of throwing chum into the water. They are designed to make me jump at the bait of defending myself, but there's no way I can actually defend against the criticism. It's shady as fuck. (When I finally take the bait, my response is at the bottom of . Ranger doesn't respond to it.)

c. Ranger throws in another dig in . Here she actually gives a concrete example of her problem with my play: that I'm not providing new, unique reactions to the Ranger/elle interaction, and that I'm hesitant and wishy-washy. (1) The criticism about no unique reactions is BS, because it's based on the flawed paradigm that town comes up with something new to say about interactions, rather than what is on their mind. (I have also never checked to see whether my reaction to Ranger/elle was truly duplicative of other players - I don't have the time/energy to do so now, but I assume that Ranger wasn't flubbing the line.) (2) The criticism about me being hesitant and wishy-washy is BS, because Ranger is apparently familiar with my previous play and should know that that's just me (I wouldn't use such pejorative terms, however - I'd say cautious and thoughtful).

d. Ranger attacks Grib for telling her to actually support her GC-is-playing-like-shit case in . The problem with this is self-evident, but I'll state it anyways: Ranger turns the conversation around so that it's not her fault for making the case, but it's Grib's fault for wanting someone to scum hunt in a particular manner. Moreover, Ranger shifts the point of conversation (just as she did with elle), so that it's not that Ranger is failing to provide in-game examples (Grib's point), but whether Ranger should be talking specifically to GC or to the town at large (Ranger's response).

e. Finally, Ranger finds a reason to votes me based on me suspecting something she did in . I finally take the bait. My explanation of why her initial post was suspicious, and why her reaction to my suspicions was suspicious, are adequately explained in and . I'll further note that I my captures Ranger once again shifting the points in conversation in order to make herself look better (creating this distinction between two types of questions, and then arguing based off of this new point of minutia).

I already called you out on your scum tactic, here.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 996, Heartless wrote:Kaboose tends to write walls, but most of the early real estate is taken by pointed swipes at people with no follow up. A good example of what I'm talking about is . The pointed response to awesomeusername, "What do you want to talk about? Would you like to talk about your slip in this post on GC and how you wanted to toss his name in with town reads mere sentences after a no read?" is especially off since there's no follow up by either party. The points raised on Whatisswag are relatively minor and don't form a core to a well developed read. This type of posting continues with examples such as: , , , , the list goes on.

The vote itself is very "sticky" and there's not much of an effort to develop the Ethanol read past the vote. There's no direct engagement of Ethanol nor is there any analysis of their posts. There's a forming read on dave in , but the vote doesn't move nor is there ever a great foundation for the dave scumread in the first place. The next vote on NJAC in feels very unnatural and for show because he subverts the point of the vote by stating its purpose. For someone who seems to doubt himself and his own abilities (: " I just I don't know, I'm probably not smart enough to put it in to words...", among others) the rebuttals to attacks are quite abrasive. An example of this is the response to awesomeusername I provided earlier, , and .

The subsequent interaction with Lone Ranger is Awkward with a capital "A." clearly implied either a town or scum read with not much indication that it could go either way. When pressed by Lone Ranger for reasons why it could be scummy, we see an arthritic backpedal with and .

Despite the frequent walls, there's not much of a global outlook on the game and the opinions on slots are limited to only a handful of players. The lethargy in developing reads and pushing wagons stands in contrast to the prickliness that comes out when attacked, which gives a glimpse into the priority system at work: defense and survival. This is much more useful to scum than town.

I think Kaboose is scum.

posting this again because it's good
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Lone Ranger
Lone Ranger
Goon
Lone Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Lone Ranger »

I didn't bother opening the spoiler but from your title: All of D2, I've refused to engage your reasoning for the most part precisely because I didn't want to get into a lengthy wall war.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Heartless »

BY THE WAY kaboose has been sitting on a failed wagon and active lurking it out with a loser vote on swag

THIS
IS
SCUM
LYNCH
THIS
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Heartless »

SWAG, ELLE, TITUS, GC, LONE RANGER

THIS IS A CALL TO ARMS
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:00 am

Post by Green Crayons »

All of D1, your digs at my play have been ad homs or abstracted Bad Things, and you've attacked someone requesting that you actually back up with your case. Your "case" against me is one big slab of bullshit designed to make a town player flounder, and I refuse to believe you lack the self awareness to realize the (at best) anti-town tactical maneuver of your play.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Fuck it.

UNVOTE: Mala
VOTE: Kaboose

If Kaboose is town, I'm voting only Ranger/Mala tomorrow.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:02 am

Post by Heartless »

3 more to scum flip

come on people
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:37 am

Post by Grib »

UNVOTE:
elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:49 am

Post by elleheathen »

In post 1704, Heartless wrote:
In post 1696, elleheathen wrote:That's just about the last persons flip I'd want to see right now. Eugh.

WORK WITH US THEN

I WAS.
I was working on:

174 Kaboose reaction to swag towning up, the amount of suggestion in this post is ridiculous
200 Scum worry about trimming, unnecessarily defensive, defending riddle
210 - Cheetory explains crap reasoning on Kaboose part to push mason fishing
323 Kaboose downplaying his ability so the push on me doesn't come off as strong
scumreads dave but doesn't vote him, though expresses a willingness to vote him if swag does?
327 - Kaboose and dave probably not team, Kaboose pushes dave as 'only way your style works is as scum'
335 - Cheetory asks me what I think of Kaboose's softpush on me in 333. Kaboose responds here with 'yeah, what did you think of the post of hers i quoted, its weird right' ie, another soft push
339-340 weird interaction between kaboose/grib
343 - my response, Kaboose regurgitating davesaz' read on me from 316
356 Kaboose defends his regurgitation because he went further with it by saying it was 'weird'?
447 - defends LR, calls cheetory out as stirring up shit
466 - Cheetory point on Kaboose
467 LR - good read on Kaboose
472 LR case on Kaboose, nice points
482 kaboose appeasing
529 - another softpush from Kaboose on me - how many pushes does it take to get to the center of a scum tactic
585 - weird ass vote
558 - davesaz questioning Kaboose's vote
589 - defensive, definitely not to start a lynch wagon!
598 - Cheetory on dave active lurking, response to vote
633 - I like Cheetory's read here and him wanting to go back with suspicions on Grib/Kaboose
726 - One of NJAC's lasts posts has Grib and Kaboose as scum
768 - Calls LR out for being scummy but says he was planning on getting to the fact that LR is 'too all over the place to be scum' so he was planning on giving her this read before even attempting to actually read her
781 - Painting something as scum when it's just as likely to be mason
788 Opportunistic as ever Kaboose comes in just to question swag on forgetting masons
812 - NJAC's last words, keep an eye on Kaboose/Grib
821 - Swag wondering if scum purposefully moved the wagon off elle to Njac, 'all fingers point to Kaboose'
elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:51 am

Post by elleheathen »

But I don't have time to finish it before tonight anyway so

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Heartless »

SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL FUCKS HAMMER

Mod edit: Warning given (For this and previous post), refer to rule 14 (under player activity). Continue to post in constant caps and you may be forcibly replaced.
Last edited by Armageddon on Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:01 pm

Post by elleheathen »

In post 838, CptPicard wrote:
Scumlean - Kaboose, Riddle

In post 812, NJAC wrote:I hope at least my death gives you some info. Keep an eye on Kaboose and Grib. The last one especially if he doesn't die soon.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1716, Heartless wrote:Mod edit: Warning given (For this and previous post), refer to rule 14 (under player activity). Continue to post in constant caps and you may be forcibly replaced.

got it, i'll tone it down and not capslock
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by elleheathen »

way to kill the strongarm! lol
elleheathen
elleheathen
Goon
elleheathen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by elleheathen »

And I need to go watch this stupid game now so just in case:

Kaboose scum flip = Kaboose > Titus > Grib
Kaboose town flip = LR > davesaz > swag
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Heartless »

it's armageddon's game, his rules

i'm someone who abuses his capslock button b/c this is the only medium i can get away w/ it (i'm an academic by day...believe it or not). now that i know it might get us thrown out i might have tth do the posting. XD
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Titus »

Vote Kaboose

I do not care anymore. GC's vote fucked all my reads and I got a superbowl to watch.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Armageddon
Armageddon
Goon
Armageddon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Armageddon »

Vote count Day 2.8

Players alive: 11

Players needed to lynch: 6

Green Crayons
- 2 - Lone Ranger, MalaKittens - (L-4)
Kaboose
- 5 - Heartless, Green Crayons, Grib, elleheathen, Titus - (L-1)
MalaKittens
- 1 - Whatisswag - (L-5)
Whatisswag
- 1 - Kaboose - (L-5)

Players not voting: CptPicard, davesaz

Mod notes:
Still looking for a replacement for CptPicard.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2015-02-03 23:22:00)
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by Titus »

Damn.. fake hammer no work. I drunk.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Completed Open Games”