Micro 444 molliegeddon [OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Post by Varsoon »

EBWOP: The question at TSO should be directed at Lying Cat. (and how does 288 make Flubber town???)
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

meh. Varsoon, I know you don't care about, or put any value in meta, but it's there, and that's why I'm reading Flubber as town, and I'd put money on it being a correct read due to the meta.
Art is cool.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Wanna hear MY tinfoil theory?
Flubber's scum and at least one of those four people defending him is his buddy.
I don't see Flubber's game here as being SO TOWN that four townies would all be defending him.
Even if he's town, I'm willing to wager dimes to donuts that at least one of the four people defending him is scum.
Yes, this is me declaring my effective scumpool.
Deal with it, nerds.

P-EDIT: Oh, I put value in Meta. I broke the game over Meta. If ANYONE has put value in meta, it was me.
That's how I also know meta is complete horseshit and any player worth their salt is meta-aware enough to beat people who rely on it to inform their reads.
Why is Flubber town
in this game
?

Like, fine, even, give the meta explanation for it too. I want to see that as well.
It's WAY TOO EASY to defend another player and when asked about it shrug and say, "Meta, boss."
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:43 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 374, Varsoon wrote:
@Mastin:
Why is Flubber town? Why are you reading Flubber as town? How do you interpret my interaction with Flubber (starting at post )? How do you feel about Flubber not sharing info on a scum-read on Drunken Lies (as it is incongruous with how Flubber has engaged with all other scumreads so far this game)?
Flubber's town 'cause of contrast with previous game along with gutfeelings about his general...well, ~aura~. He just
seems
town. I think you're also town, and that your exchange with Flubber was very much two town players getting engaged.

And meh on the last one.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Also, Flubber was town by me in the RVS basically. I forget where, exactly, but Flubber set off immediate townvibes to me, in stark contrast to his play elsewhere.
My academy.
Agnigi
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Varsoon am I awkward for not fitting into the scumhunting or not fitting into the clique?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Also, one of four people in a fucking micro?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:18 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Dgb why haven't you activated your ability yet?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

It's better than one of eight, silly.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Dog shit is better than runny shit full of blood and mucus too
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 357, mastin2 wrote:(Guess who uses a ton? :P)

Also,
Unvote: Lying Cat

I did NOT mean to leave my vote on there for a whole day. They were town during my exchange with them I think it was this Friday. I just didn't want to unvote without revoting, and I didn't want to show my hand by showing my vote.

Considering your tight-lipped play so far what made this so essential to explain?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:32 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 380, Flubbernugget wrote:Varsoon am I awkward for not fitting into the scumhunting or not fitting into the clique?

Neither?
The way your handling your Drunken Lies read is awkward in relation to how you've handled all of your other reads this game.
It makes me wonder why it is different, but also a lot about artifice--like, are all your other reads bullshit but the Drunken one or is the Drunken one bullshit?
Even then, why be so weird about specifically that one?
It's not something town does.
Town doesn't explain their reads all but one and when asked about that one scum read they go
"Oh no I won't tell but he is definitely scum"
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay but I have another scum read and I'm scumhunting in other directions so why is your dick in such a tight knot over one read? It's different because I have no proof of it being a scum tell, and last time I got myself caught up in conjuring crazy conspiracy theories it got both me and a second townie mislynched.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:47 pm

Post by helium-3 »

In post 384, Flubbernugget wrote:Dog shit is better than runny shit full of blood and mucus too

oh blood and mucus isn't the worst. the worst kind of shits are the ones that are all black and tarry and smell like death.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

I think a good shit from lukewarm taco bell can beat that.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:51 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 385, Flubbernugget wrote:Considering your tight-lipped play so far what made this so essential to explain?
Loosening of my lips? :P
My academy.
Agnigi
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by helium-3 »

i just searched "black tarry feces" on google images.

i'm pretty sure that's grounds for diagnosis of some psychiatric illness
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 355, Lying Cat wrote:Jingle- don't get distracted. make your theory post or whatever, but this was a good vote.

VOTE: Konowa

SHUTTUP YOU!

Okay, so theory time.

We lynch anyone except Kaboose, and we're heading into night with 8 players. 1 kill takes us down to 7, which is fine, and we lynch kaboose. 2 kills takes us into MYLO, and WE HAVE TO LYNCH SCUM EVERYDAY FOR THE REST OF THE GAME. I'm not a big fan of that. That being the case, an SK in this setup means we cannot afford to leave Kaboose until tomorrow. Similarly, a Gladiator could concievably force a 1v1 with not kaboose, leaving us in deep shit the next day if there's no scumlynch. I'm sure there are other roles with the potential to screw us, but those are the two that jump to mind.

To that end, and this is important,
If Kaboose is alive tonight, and you are a vig, shoot Kaboose. If Kaboose is alive tomorrow, and you are a gladiator, do not use your power.

Onto other theory matters: The lynch. Today is a low information lynch. If we are going to eventually lynch kaboose, today is exactly the time to do it. Yes, we should get as much scumhunting done as possible, but lynching kaboose today is much more intelligent than waiting and lynching him tomorrow. First off, he's never going to get shot. That's just not going to happen. Second, if we lynch him today, we have no chance of accidentally outing PR's and we give the PR's we have a night to do their actions before a day of discussion and an attempt at lynching scum. Third, we will have more information to decide the lynch with (presumably someone's gonna die tonight) and be able to make a better decision tomorrow. I'd prefer to make the predetermined lynch while we have close to 0 information, not when we have more.

For those reasons I think we should lynch Kaboose today. Now, the caveat here is that Kaboose should be as active as possible, and we should treat the day exactly as any other day, only with a lack of hammer and claims. We want to use today to scumhunt, and only lynch Kaboose when we're done with that.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Post by Guyett »

In post 392, helium-3 wrote:
i just searched "black tarry feces" on google images.

i'm pretty sure that's grounds for diagnosis of some psychiatric illness

Thats just a Guinness shit.
I'I'm back from v/la now so I'll post in a bit on the right account
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 325, Drunken Lies wrote:
In post 322, T S O wrote:If I was trying to call DGB scum, I would have said that instead of calling you and Varsoon scum.

My problem with your reads isn't that you're townreading DGB, it's that I think it's a sudden and unnatural townread which was brought on by DGB saying she'd gladiate Varsoon or Kaboose, and me and other people suggesting Varsoon over Kaboose. Let's quote your read on her:

Quit your bullshit. See here.

In post 277, Drunken Lies wrote:UNVOTE: DGB

I don't see Gladiator being a scumrole at all in the slightest whatsoever.

I see no problem with this, as a defense.

T S O wrote:
DGB, as mentioned. I'm just really counting on DGB to be wise about her gladiator ability and not use it out of anger, spite or OMGUS. Locking herself into a 1v1 with town, limiting our votes to town, that's just kind of terrible and sucky. I've never actually played a game with that role in it, so I'm not sure how it should be handled. I know she's been around forever so I'm just gonna trust her and let her do her thing.

There isn't actually one word here about why specifically you are townreading her - it's just you imploring her to not use her Gladiate yet. That's all. No townread, just "please don't gladiate whoever you're thinking of yet!" And the main person she was thinking of was most definitely Varsoon.

Quit your bullshit. See here.

In post 277, Drunken Lies wrote:UNVOTE: DGB

I don't see Gladiator being a scumrole at all in the slightest whatsoever.

Notably, no response to the insinuation of false care. But still, not a bad point.

TSO wrote:I'm also calling bullshit on your read on Varsoon - it's completely without any logical basis. "Oh, everyone thinks Varsoon is scum. So, I'm townreading Varsoon." No. That doesn't work at all. That's a joke reason to townread someone, and I've rarely if ever seen town-ETL give joke reasons for townreads.

I'm actually not town reading him for that reason, as I clearly stated that the read was based on his response to it. In combination with the temperature of the thread regarding his lynch and mastin's read on the slot, no, he's not a scumread right now.

She seems consistent in her approach to Varsoon, so I can understand the defense. Her original statement was three parts: The interest in his lynch, his response to it, and sheeping townreads. I'm not entirely sure if this justifies the level of townread that tries to protect him from gladiating, but a townread isn't unreasonable.

TSO wrote:And, yeah, don't start trying to misrep my posts by saying I'm sour about your read on me. I'm not - you can call me mod-confirmed scum if you want, I don't mind at all. But you're wasting your time by saying I do.

?

Not sure where I said anything of the sort. I said that's what I thought, and I'm entitled to share my thoughts whether you agree with them or not.

This... Confuses the shit outta me. You didn't say he was OMGUS-ing, you said you thought he might be OMGUS-ing? Am I reading that right? If so, what's the difference?

In post 323, T S O wrote:And of course, you have a very real reason to not want Varsoon dead today - if you can get a mislynch today, then we'll have to off Kaboose tomorrow, and that theoretically puts your team straight into 3:2 LyLo. So there's every motive for scum-ETL to take this course of action.

VOTE: Drunken Lies

:P

Man you're gonna be sad. I'll just leave it at that.

:neutral:

In all, the defense was alright. Not enough to convince me of ETL scum, but not enough to convince me she's town. I'd be happy lynching her if I could ever be happy lynching her.

In post 326, Varsoon wrote:
In post 324, T S O wrote:Final word: Varsoon's stance on Flubber makes no sense whatsoever and I hate it - he's calling out Flubber for voting him and not Drunken Lies when Flubber has openly stated he's scumreading both of them. It's ridiculous.

Except the part where, y'know, he seems really convicted on his Drunken Lies read but won't say why.
Yeah, that's not awkward in the least.
When confronted about it, he just got upset and pushed back instead of any elaboration.
How am I the only one who sees that?
You think it's ridiculous for me to question that? Literally how?
(FTR: Dont misrep
me
. I'm calling him out largely over pushing a 1v1 on me when he claims to have a more critical read in Drunken Lies.)

Not an unreasonable defense. His stance is pretty understandable to me.

In post 368, Varsoon wrote:On the real, though, I feel like actually sitting down and pacing out my reads and making an even more established case for Flubber, but I feel like no one gives a damn.
Like, no one listens to me, and so far everyone's just tossed aside what I had to say, as if it is unimportant. I guess advancing your own agenda is cool and all, but, fuck, I exist. I think my thoughts on the game matter. Damn.

I -really- don't understand the case for DGB or Lying Cat, so if someone can walk me through it and can explain things for more than meta-reading-reasons, that'd be swell.
Am I the only person who explains their votes so that when I am pushing a lynch it's clear -why- and the person themselves can actually respond?
It's like you all assume that you're gonna get scum with your first vote and you're crossing your arms and being like, "Dude is scum, got 'im. That's his scum-game right there."
That's not a worthwhile push. That's not a worthwhile vote. That gives everyone nothing to work with.

Uggggh.

And I've listened to your thoughts. I just disagree. That says nothing bad about you. :wink:

In post 372, Varsoon wrote:Konowa's vote on DGB is bad, but I don't see anyone engaging with Konowa at all over it.
People are just like, "Oh hey Konowa is tunneling DGB here, huh. Voting Konowa."
No Questions.
No Nothing.
LC's got a vote there that's just that. DrunkenLies is even, "Konowa a scum but LC is voting it so eeeeh."

IT'S LIKE BEING MARRIED WITHOUT EVEN PROPOSING
THERE IS NO ENGAGEMENT

Like, shit, I'm all about throwing down on Flubber but at least Flubber engages (which makes it more awkward when Flubber
doesn't
.)

I'd like to point out that the post in which I (Jingle) voted Konowa was an invitation to engagement. I asked a question, recieved an unsatisfactory (to me, at least) answer and repeated the question. I actually don't know anything else I can engage over.

In post 374, Varsoon wrote:@TSO: Why is Flubber town (and how does 288 make Flubber town???)? Why are you reading Flubber as town? How do you interpret my interaction with Flubber (starting at post 295)? How do you feel about Flubber not sharing info on a scum-read on Drunken Lies (as it is incongruous with how Flubber has engaged with all other scumreads so far this game)?

@Lying Cat: Why is Flubber town? Why are you reading Flubber as town? How do you interpret my interaction with Flubber (starting at post 295)? How do you feel about Flubber not sharing info on a scum-read on Drunken Lies (as it is incongruous with how Flubber has engaged with all other scumreads so far this game)?

Flubber voting you based on the thought that DGB was gonna gladiate you is pretty reasonable, given that DGB basically said she was gonna gladiate you.

I'm not a fan of Flubber not expanding on the DL read, but I can think of quite a few possible reasons for that. I'm not going to explain them right now because it may or may not be helpful to scum to do so.

In post 328, Lying Cat wrote:Reasons Flubber is townish:

In post 288, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 283, Kaboose wrote:
In post 273, Flubbernugget wrote:
So the only time I played with Kaboose was a scum game with him and he tunneled on setup spec to guide lynches instead of scumhunting. Also he's not fucking scumhunting.

But I can't scumread that claim.

Um I was town that game, and was using the setup to solve the game. Which was a completely broken game.

*Looks up game*

Whoops.

Well for those that buy into meta kaboose is conftown. GG

So, here's the rub wrt Flubber. Here, he's using faulty meta not in an attempt to lynch Kaboose, but in what looks like a genuine way. There's no way he's making shit up here to get Kaboose to lynch, cause that's a huge risk for no benefit as scum. Scum want Kaboose alive in LYLO if possible.

AND he owns up to his mistake in what looks like an honest way after he's called out on it. Simply put there's no reason for this to have happened if he's scum. It's not a hard and fast guarantee, but I think he's probably town.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:17 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 382, Flubbernugget wrote:Dgb why haven't you activated your ability yet?

DGB, I would be ever so happy if you held off on using your ability at least until we have decided one way or the other on lynching kaboose. Also, I'd like to know if your ability is 1-shot or not.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:20 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 333, Drunken Lies wrote:
In post 332, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Yeah except I've acknowledged that I am reading this game based on you - not sthar8.

And as far as your reading comprehension, all I'm going to do is quote you the post where I explained my read on you.

[/b]
Hey, so ETL. If you could actually do this, that'd be great. TYIA.

HI GUY <3

I'm glad you're back and I'm happy to see you!
Sorry, but I think you're scum.
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:54 pm

Post by Drunken Lies »

Ok Kaboose and Goofball are town.
A drunk man never lies.
Drunken Lies
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Drunken Lies
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:57 pm

Post by Drunken Lies »

Kaboose hated claim is very town but even before that I think him not getting his role pm and getting it mod confirmed in thread makes him pretty conf town. If Kaboose was scum surely his scum partner would have got onto Anti about it before then.

Goofball pls pls don't target him
A drunk man never lies.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”