Newbie 1568: Cleveland Mafia - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 373, Pulindar wrote:First, thank you for answering my first set of questions. I do have more though that occurred to me.
So, you still feel that Dodgy's hammer is the biggest scum tell we currently have?
Do you have a Night analysis at all? If yes I wouldn't mind hearing it.
Do you have any other case on Dodgy, besides his hammer? If so I Definitely want to hear it.

1. I feel it is definitely worth pressuring him on, there was plenty of time left and prawn was asked questions so it looked like he was hammering to prevent him from speaking which is scummy, plus I don't like how he basically puts the blame on house instead of taking responsibility for his own actions.

2. No I do not have any night analysis yet, I typically will re-read the thread once the day starts and we have another flip, I hope to go through the thread sometime today or tomorrow.

3. right now I feel like he has been kinda trying to stay under the radar day 1 and his votes so far have been fairly convenient votes. His vote on Fake and now his vote on prawn. I just don't see any signs of a person looking to catch scum
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:06 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 373, Pulindar wrote:
Spoiler: fluff

DodgySorry I forgot to thank you for answering my questions, but you kinda avoided them. I don't like that. you almost got there, and it threw me off.
1.) How many games did you play on the other sites?
2.) Do you still feel that your Hammer was justified?
3.) Would you say House is town then?
4.) Could scum House be pulling an excellent gambit here?

Please note when I say, "scum House," that's short for, "House, if he is scum and not town," That will be the same if I say either town or scum in front of anyone's name

1: probably 10-15-
2: yes
3: i believe his response today was honest and that if he was trying to goad me into voting prawn as a test he would have said so rather than continue to say he prawn was scummy. his honesty does make me think he is likely town
4: certainly possible. i would say he is experienced enough to attempt a gambit here. but i dont have the evidence to justify that is what he is doing?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:09 am

Post by Netherspite »

<fluff>
Software developer is the only profession where pleasure of finding a mistake is shaded by realizing how dumb you were.

I found it!
</fluff>

===

Spoiler: fluff
I follow the tour group up to the top steps where the Paul Simon Words and Music display is currently up. I put on the headphones and listen to several songs he wrote. as I'm tapping my feet to Mrs. Robinson I notice some sketchy movements out of the corner of my eye. I quickly take off the headphones and go over to investigate.
Neo's off in the back, obviously avoiding me, chuckling to himself about something. I let my gaze follow his, Dodgy has something in his hands, but I can't make out what.

Netherspite wrote:
@Pulindar

Please stop mistyping my name ><
I did it once to yours because it was early morning and I read it wrong. Sorry :)

===

I'm currently busy with urgent bugfixing (for IRL job) so re-evaluating the game will have to wait until a bit later today. Sorry for the delay.

I'm so sorry Netherspite. Honestly, you just made me realize that I've been reading your name wrong this entire time. Thank you for pointing that out. Good luck with your RL, obviously takes precedence. Answer my question about Dodgy's (false?) crumb when you get back.

Despite others were voting him for his initial self-scumclaim, I never considered it alignment indicative.
Otherwise I'd vote him earlier. I'm voting him now for another reasons. And if he's scum I don't really believe he would give us both him and his partner at RVS.
Could he do it for the sake of WIFOM? Ofc, but that still would be really dumb.
Besides that, I believe that his claim that House is his scumbuddy was caused by House voting him for his self-claim. It was some kind of "random" partner claim, he mentioned whoever got on his sight first.

===

I'm re-reading some ISOs and rebuilding my reads.
I'm still strongly townreading
Jake from State Farm
Pulindar
made me feeling significantly better about the slot. I'm townreading him.
Jackal711
stays as townie (for D2 at least) unless he'll get CCed.
House
is a tough one. I'm changing my read on him between lean scum and lean town, back and forth. I'm at leaning town position at this point. Will probably have to re-read his ISO again.
neo1990
is looking more scummy than towny for me at this point. His only posts were agreeing to confirmed dead townie and attempting to defend
dodgy56
who I am scumreading as well.
I'm scumreading
dodgy56
because his quickhammer was clearly anti-town and it was even announced by at least 2 or 3 players that we should let the Mod find the replacements first before hammering. So I don't believe he quickhammered because of being a newbie. I found him being dodgy ("dodgy is dodgy", I find it fun) during D1 as well.

===

@dodgy56

What do you think about
neo1990
's entrance? Did it make you feeling better/worse about the slot?

@House

Who do you think is more likely to flip scum -
dodgy56
or
neo1990
?

@Pulindar

What's your current read on
Jake from State Farm
?
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:20 am

Post by dodgy56 »

@nether i feel worse about the slot since his entrance. I think some of his posts could be explained by not being fully caught up as he posted. but his stance on me and house makes me uneasy. it almost seems like he knows im town and wants to set himself up to gain towncred when i flip town.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Netherspite »

@dodgy56

Why did you feel the need the quickhammer despite others were saying you not to and despite nothing bad could happen if we would wait for the replacements first?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Pulindar »

In post 377, Netherspite wrote:
@Pulindar

Jake from State Farm
?

I'm waiting for a nice big scum slip from JFSF. I'm going to keep badgering him with questions till he slips, or I get a solid read on him as town.

I guess my problem with him is that on a quick read through, he was so town that I didn't have a chance to go back and ISO him.

I plan on ISOing him and making a sample case against him, for myself today while I'm at work.

In post 374, House wrote:I'm not doing a PBP of this wall, but I will address:

Terribad argument House. First and foremost, the scenario would not allow for a no lynch

That wasn't my point at all, and I don't get how you thought it was.

My point was he was trying to avoid VCA.

Don't recognize VCA, but if you mean Vote Count Analysis, then that make so much more sense, *slaps forehead* that's actually a good point. I read your argument completely wrong on that, and I apologize. This is why we talk these things out.

Spoiler: theory stuff again
A theory point, if I had the cop role, like Jackal, I would have used my investigation to go after my most town read rather than my scummiest read. I prefer to have another definite town at my back than to have a scum I could have found on my own.

What I hate most is having someone I think is town and realizing too late that they betrayed me. This is how I prefer to play though, everyone is different.

Then again, I scum hunt the same as a PR as I do as VT just because I'd rather use my skill to find scum than have any chance I'm detracting from the town argument.

DodgyWhat do you have to say about JFSF's accusation that you are not looking to catch scum?
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 am

In post 376, dodgy56 wrote:3: i believe his response today was honest and that if he was trying to goad me into voting prawn as a test he would have said so rather than continue to say he prawn was scummy. his honesty does make me think he is likely town
4: certainly possible. i would say he is experienced enough to attempt a gambit here. but i dont have the evidence to justify that is what he is doing?

Is the only reason you ate going after him due to him goading you or is there more? If more, explain cause to me it looks like he's your fallguy

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Netherspite »

@Jake from State Farm

Pulindar
?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:46 am

null - he is asking a lot of questions which looks town but that is something scum can easily do to make themselves look town so I will wait until I see more from him.

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Netherspite »

And what is your current read on me then?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:02 am

slight town read, you are also asking a bunch of questions but in between that I see posts where it looks like you are trying to figure things out.

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Netherspite »

But does not he post some analysis as well? What makes me different from him?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:13 am

I just haven't really had time to sit and read through all of his posts yet.

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Netherspite »

Please post what do you think about him as soon as you will find some time to read his posts. I'm curious.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:30 am

I will but my priority is re-read, then make a case for dodgy. After I'll give my updated read on him

dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 381, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 376, dodgy56 wrote:3: i believe his response today was honest and that if he was trying to goad me into voting prawn as a test he would have said so rather than continue to say he prawn was scummy. his honesty does make me think he is likely town

Is the only reason you ate going after him due to him goading you or is there more? If more, explain cause to me it looks like he's your fallguy

umm who said i was going after him? i said i felt he was likely town?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Post by House »

In post 390, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 381, Jake from State Farm wrote:

umm who said i was going after him? i said i felt he was likely town?

Strangely enough, I read JFSF's misunderstanding as slightly townish. Scum tends to overanalyze posts in order to bend the truth, not outright destroy the truth in their skimming of posts.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 380, Pulindar wrote:

DodgyWhat do you have to say about JFSF's accusation that you are not looking to catch scum?

given that he just said im going after house whilst quoting my post where i say house is likely town, id say jake is trying to push my mislynch. i probably havent contributed as much as i would like due to RL but JFSF is misrepresenting what im saying. i need to a re-read on him

P-edit: fair enough, i guess that is also possible
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:49 pm

In post 390, dodgy56 wrote:umm who said i was going after him? i said i felt he was likely town?

Really? Damn thought you were

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by Netherspite »

@dodgy56

Why are you selectively ignoring questions?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:15 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

what question did i miss?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 379, Netherspite wrote:
@dodgy56

Why did you feel the need the quickhammer despite others were saying you not to and despite nothing bad could happen if we would wait for the replacements first?

This one. It was on this page, you could just scroll it up.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:01 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 2.01

dodgy56 -
[L-2]
Jake from State Farm, Netherspite
neo1990 -
[L-3]
Pulindar
Pulindar -
[L-4]

Jackal711 -
[L-4]

Jake from State Farm -
[L-4]

Netherspite -
[L-4]

House -
[L-4]

With
[7]
alive it takes
[4]
to Lynch or No Lynch.

ACTIVITY CHECK
:
No prods needed

Not Voting:
dodgy56, neo1990, Jackal711, House
Deadline in (expired on 2015-02-18 15:50:29)
Last edited by Nobody Special on Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Pulindar
Pulindar
Goon
Pulindar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:17 am

Post by Pulindar »

House, please don't comment on this. I already know enough of what you'll say and I'd rather others put in their two cents before they begin relying solely on you to play the game for them. I have a case just like this on you House (not identical obviously) but I'm waiting for something from our friend Neo.

Spoiler: Case against Scum Jake From State Farm
This is a PBP of JFSF's ISO.

1-3 Talking IC stuff with house feels suspicious towards House, until answers are given.
4 went on an easy attack against dodgy. in this post he also says,
JFSF wrote:I have seen scum claim scum before in rvs
But 65 game posts, and 5 days later in post 97, ISO 14 he says
JFSF wrote:I lean slightly scum because I have seen scum claim scum before, but I am pretty sure I have seen town do it so i don't want to lynch him based off that.
He ignored that fact when he voted Dodgy and if you've seen both do it, why would it be either a scum or a town tell wouldn't it be Null? Just like someone asking questions is null. (ISO 56)
5 asks a redundant question, almost an hour after his vote. Could be interpreted as trying for an easy D1 quick lynch
7, (total 42)
JFSF wrote:Why nether?
Very open question for SCB. What was more scummy about SCB's actions than House's RVS lark? SCB in post 41 seems to be to be obviously try into get more answers from nether by putting pressure on Netherspite. Rather than guide him as an SE and point out that he posted poorly and could have asked questions with his post you went on the attack with an open ended question he probably felt he had already answered. Reading through this, I saw a newbie struggling to figure out how to post, and how to answer the open question you asked. I find it interesting that you rose to Netherspite's defense so quickly, are you scum buddy's? (redundant question, unanswerable).
Yet, still a question. Look at your ISO 8
JFSF wrote:that still doesn't explain why you chose nether, or why you unvoted just cause you got a little blow back from house
you wonder about Nether before even wondering about SCB's actions. You also don't ask questions that he can easily answer. Asking short questions helps get more efficient communication, unless you're trying to block more efficient communication.
ISO 9 A full day later, with 14 posts in between, but none from SCB, you vote SCB with no other explanation offered at that moment.
ISO 10, you were asked why by your scum buddy Netherspite, and you passed off responsibility for needing your own logic about your SCB vote by copying House's logic. In other words, you commit the exact same action you're accusing SCB of being scummy for committing. (House gave that logical reason in post 43) In fact, you had never hinted at this reason before voting, your only issue before your vote on SCB was the fact that he went after Nether.

ISO 12 complete null read because it's just theory
ISO 13 obligatory follow up post to keep from seeming scummy. Interesting how you make an action seem town motivated in one post and then do that action with your very next post. Free Town Credit!!! Or was this something even more sinister, I'll get back to this.

By this point, you have only gone on two attacks. The second was against SCB who replaced out. You're only questions to him were about why he would ever suspect your scum buddy Nether, then when your buddy realized you had no good reasons explained to vote SCB, he gave you a prod asking what your reason was. You musta realized you had nothing, so you grabbed onto House's initial suspicions. Sure, you did the exact same thing as SCB, came up with logic you could play off as being the ICs, but you did do it better. Your first push, against Dodgy, you purposely ignored your past games and only spoke about the ones that would implicate Dodgy. Obviously, the truth would have been too much to convince anyone to lynch him. In fact, you had an issue with SCB not voting dodgy and putting dodgy at L-1 early D1.

I don't have time to continue this throughout all 60 posts you've made, so let's fastforward a bit. I'll hit on a couple big ones, but just gather the rest into areas of concern

ISO 24. Funny thing, ISO 14 you said you had seen Town claim scum in RVS before. Is that a lie I smell? hmm interesting explanation... No link? dunno what to believe. You seem to be changing your story about this scum claim idea based on the reads and thoughts you want to display rather than your actual experiences.

ISO 36 would have been a good time for town Jake to comment on the House Netherspite argument if he saw anything. Instead, he tries to direct our town voter, House, into going after Jackal. In ISO 12 & 13, if you remember, scum Jake said that lurkers can often be town PRs and have been accidentally lynched for it. He has since then targeted Jackal. trying to get a PR revealed. Bad scum Jake.

ISO 39, no reason to announce that, unless you're trying to seem more official in here, and thus less likely scum... still, it was necessary I shouldn't jump on you for it, guess I'm in a mode. You also did something like this in 42.... Still, helped overall. I'm not sure I'd like to include this in the case. I'm going null here now, maybe ugh I dunno.

ISO 44. Why hammer. You mentioned Plurality in ISO 42. You know you won't be hammering, you're just trying to convince someone else to so that you can blame them later ... (glances at Dodgy the scape goat)

ISO 46 you just mentioned the plurality in 42, how did you forget in between... Lies trying to get a scape goat hammer.

ISO 53, I'd bet you'd say they're wrong even when you're scum. Enjoy defending yourself, I'd love to see what you bring to the table.

ISO 58, you do that, enjoy defending yourself as well.

Nether SupportISO 16
ISO 19
ISO 20 (advice to his scum buddy)
ISO 36 (giving House two targets other than Netherspite. Good distraction, continuing your search for a PR helps too).
ISO 40 (cause they were hunting the PR together
ISO 45 ( WOW, such town together :) )
ISO 57
ISO 58 (see how they're trying to feed each other?)

Redundant doubtISO 18
ISO 23 (not really sure I agree with myself here)
ISO 33 (Jackal)
ISO 34
ISO 35 (this is REAL BAD. RL always takes precedence, no doubt for not posting due to RL IMHO)
ISO 36 (explained above)
ISO 37
ISO 38 (still adding nothing that wasn't obvious or added by someone else already)
ISO 47 You planned on hammering Prawn anyway. If you truly believed scum you wouldn't care. If you didn't, you shouldn't have said you'd hammer)
ISO 48, you found a scape goat
ISO 56 (interesting, not false)
ISO 59

... interesting, also a bit of Fakespeare defense White Knighting, or true buddy?ISO 17
ISO 21
ISO 22
ISO 30
ISO 31 (kinda, more backing off )
ISO 32
ISO 33

(definitely temporary white knighting).

sheepingISO 10
ISO 27
ISO 28
ISO 38

Questions for JFSFLet me start by saying, you may choose any points in there to try to disprove, but there are no questions in my case actually directed at you.
1.) Looking back at your posts, who do you feel you connect with the most? (I felt Netherspite, but am open to your answer)
2.) What makes you connect to that player? This may be difficult to answer, sorry.
3.) Does my case against you affect your read on my in any way? Follow up, which direction does it sway you if any?
4.) Did you notice that both you and Netherspite rose to defend Fakespeare, also that you were the only two?
5.) I could be wrong, did anyone else rise to defend Fakespeare?
6.) Why does Nether want to know people's read on you?
7.) have you been in a game where two newbs chose not to kill the IC?

NetherspiteI spelled your name right the whole time I think!!
1.) Does dodgy skipping your question make him more scummy?
2.) What's your read on JFSF both before and after my case?
3.) How does my case, which includes you as his partner, affect your read on me?
4.) is Dodgy's quick hammer your biggest scum lead so far?
5.) Do you have any other reasons to suspect Dodgy?
6.) did you consider Dodgy's site meta of quicker games where time to wait for hammers could mean more missed lynches?
7.) did you consider it interesting that he believed the scum enough to hammer even though with plurality he could have waited and never drawn such attention to himself?

NEO

NEO!!! come here and answer some questions!!!

1.) Why did you not answer my questions?
2,) Who are your top two scum reads?
I didn't say top scum read, I asked top two. There are still two scum out there. They can both be found and lynched in the next two days. I have a love/hate relationship with LyLo and would like to avoid it.
3.) What questions do you have for House?
when you claim someone as a scum suspect you should give a reason and ask some questions. If you just give a reason they can try to defend themselves off of that, but it doesn't really leave them as nice of an opening to hang themselves with. The only times you avoid these things is when you're trying for a reaction. If you want a powerful reaction, include a vote. I don't like how you avoided my questions. I don't like how you're sheeping with my House interrogation. The way you're doing it is actually detracting from my questions on him.
4.) Do you have anything to add to the House case? (hint: there is a lot. I planned on posting a comprehensive analysis of him pointing at all of my issues & including questions for him with this post, but I'm delaying it purely to hear what you have to say).
5.) You sheeped me on House, what do you have to say about my case on Jake Scum?

Dodgy1.) what would you say If I accused you of buddying House and bussing your partner Neo?
2.) You stand by your quick hammer?
3.) are you sheeping House's suspicions on Neo?
4.) If not, what else do you have to add to that case?
5,) name two downsides to delaying your hammer yestergameday and allowing time to drag on. Sorry it's open, but this seems to be more what I want than your reasons.

Jackal, I have no questions for you because you're already confirmed town and I really don't care to ask anything... huh. weird of me. I would like to see you weigh in though.

House, I have no questions for you, because you'll react to things anyway and I need to see what the others do before continuing with you. Sorry for the lack.
"If I had to label someone as dangerous, it'd be Pulindar. I have a feeling his scum game is very similar to his town game.... What I think is dangerous about Pulindar is that his scumreads feel so liquid. He can post a wall of questions and decide he doesn't like your answer to one of them and justify a vote on you." ~ Prawneater
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:25 am

Post by House »

I has a sad.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”