NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1750 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:53 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Because until I see you flip scum there is always the possibility that you are just a pretty bad player.

there is also the possibility that the second slip was intentional in an attempt to make Random look town when you flipped scum.

only a fool doesn't consider all possibilities.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1751 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:54 am

Post by The Dream Weaver »

VoteCount 3.3

Albert B. Rampage (1):
Dripping Goofball
d3x (4):
TellTaleHeart, I Am Innocent, Peacebringer, NakedJogger
dragonspawn (2):
TheDudeAbides, Nero Cain
Dripping Goofball (0):

Flubbernugget(0):

Garmr (1):
d3x
I Am Innocent (0):

Kthxbye (0):

NakedJogger (0):

Nero Cain (6):
Garmr, dragonspawn, Albert B. Rampage, Flubbernugget, StrangerCoug, randomidget
Peacebringer (0):

randomidget (1):
Kthxbye
StrangerCoug (0):

TellTaleHeart(0):

TheDudeAbides (0):

Not Voting
- No one.

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 3 ends in (expired on 2015-02-19 14:00:00).
Last edited by The Dream Weaver on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1752 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:55 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

PB, are you pulling an NJ? Why are you voting with IAI?
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1753 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1705, I Am Innocent wrote:His flip would almost confirm Nero as town at that point.

What if one of Garmr/DS flips scum?

Like I think DS is scum and he's whining that that I figured out that how many scum are in the game. His Ika vote also felt like bussing. This makes me think scum are

DS/Flubber/SC

@NJ-What did I say that made you change your mind on Ika?

Still think there are much better lynches than d3x today though.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1754 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 1708, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 794, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 790, I Am Innocent wrote:Wagons today so far suck guys. More PB, or Nero votes would be great.

We are not lynching Nero Cain and I will do everything within my power to protect that from happening.

Hey SC what happened to this read?

In post 1709, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 1666, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 1663, Garmr wrote:Wow this is a bad post as it shows strange cougar not paying attention to what's happening.

It's only 3 votes. 2 of those votes were me and ds. Me and ds discussed who we thought was scum and we both thought he was most likely scum.

I don't know about Abr through.

There only being three votes doesn't mean those three votes can't be piled on insanely fast. Quality, not quantity. The most your post says to me is that, if scum is voting Nero, I should be looking at ABR. So your post really doesn't do enough to discredit mine.

In post 1660, StrangerCoug wrote:OK, the Nero Cain wagon sprung up
WAY
too quickly for my liking. At least one person voting him is scum. I'll tell you that right now.

Holding off voting until I actually look at the people on him.

And this?

This:
In post 1680, Garmr wrote:
In post 1678, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 1672, Nero Cain wrote:Why would I bus a buddy when
I could have easily gotten an RM mislynch?

Can anyone guess why I quoted this (hint, it's bolded).

DAT SLIP

Any questions about my change of mind based on this? I'm willing to talk.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1755 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:09 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Nero, you're making too many assumptions.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:10 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1754, StrangerCoug wrote:Any questions about my change of mind based on this? I'm willing to talk.

Yes, I have a question: what was the initial strong town read of Nero based on?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1757 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:23 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1745, d3x wrote:The added bonus is that 2 of these points didn't exist Yesterday when you started accusing me of being 'disconnected'. What were your reasons then? You started off by implying that I never gave my reasons for suspecting Garmr. This is provable untrue.

Oh I don't deny that you gave reasons for suspecting Garmr. It's just that Garmr is very likely town and there are no good reasons for suspecting him.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1758 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 1756, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1754, StrangerCoug wrote:Any questions about my change of mind based on this? I'm willing to talk.

Yes, I have a question: what was the initial strong town read of Nero based on?

How he was generating discussion, primarily.

Looking for a co-mod to help me finish What Were You Thinking XV! PM me if interested.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1759 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:04 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

I don't buy it for a second.
VOTE: StrangerCoug
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1760 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

pre-emptive prodge
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:07 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Spoiler:
In post 1745, d3x wrote:I have SC as Null.

SC starts with a TownRead on Nero. I find no fault in that.
He continues to TownRead him. I find no fault in that.
He defends his TownRead without dipping into a Chainsaw defense. I find no fault in that.
He Votes him after a second supposed ScumSlip. I find no fault in that.

p.edit-
TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 1734, d3x wrote:@TT- You still haven't explained that.

I can do a write up later, but the short version:
{1}You lynched a town PR Day 1.
{2}You strawmanned Naked Jogger's case the next day.
{3}You pushed the counterwagon to scum.
{4}You're overconfident that you're not getting lynched because you seem to have everyone by the ears because you make long, ~pretty posts~.
1- Along with a heap of other players who had much weaker reasons to be there. I built a case and I stand behind it. He may have flipped Town, but that doesn't mean he wasn't scummy. To date, I don't think anyone has found fault in my pen case, just in my conclusions. I conceed that I led a misLynch. It happens.
2- I did no such thing, I completely ignored him. He started off Voting w/o a case. He made a circumstantial and hypocritical case on me and based off of our head butting D1, I felt that it would only clutter the thread if I engaged. I had him as a TownRead and had previously said that I was just going to ignore him. When he pointed out that I had missed a question he'd asked, I responded. He then went on to make assertions that were not true, so I continued ignoring him.
3- It would be pretty stupid to so actively and aggressively do that in my position were I Scum. Further, midget hasn't flipped yet. I already gave my thoughts on the chances that he's a ScumPR.
4- That's just poor reading. I believe that I
will
be misLynched Today. I'm fine with it and I'm putting down all of my pertinent thoughts so that they can be referred back to later if needs be.

re: my "long, ~pretty posts~"- Lol, what? Is there a point you're trying to make here? Or are you just taking shots because prefer to take my time and write in a polished manner? Look at any of my games. Show me that this is at all indicative of my alignment. Hint- it's not.

The added bonus is that 2 of these points didn't exist Yesterday when you started accusing me of being 'disconnected'. What were your reasons then? You started off by implying that I never gave my reasons for suspecting Garmr. This is provable untrue.

Finally- Are you refering to Garmr's Cop Crumb? Because I saw it and immendiately dismissed it. I've seen him FakeClaim too many times to believe any of him Claims that don't come without provocation. If he is a Cop with a Guilty on Nero, he should just come out with it. Until he does, I view it as just more AntiTown behavior.

There's an overall attitude in d3x's posting that I find scummy. It's really rigid and clenched and it's exemplified in the post above, though there are numerous examples in d3x's ISO. You can see the same thing in the killapenguin push
and
the current Garmr push. He insists that the
reasons
are all there, and they are in the most literal sense, but it hardly makes his cases ironclad like he seems to think. The closed-mindedness and the disconnectedness with what town should be in tune with suggests he's not trying to figure our alignments and the main purpose in making the cases is to shove through mislynches because he needs them to win.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1762 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:22 am

Post by d3x »

That sounds like a great reason to leave the Wagon on me in favor of a solo Vote on SC...
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1763 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'd vote SC! Like him, Flubber and ABR have been super useless this game.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:29 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

For Day 2, Nero seems to be a very strong town read:
Spoiler: The Foundation
In post 794, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 790, I Am Innocent wrote:Wagons today so far suck guys. More PB, or Nero votes would be great.

We are not lynching Nero Cain and I will do everything within my power to protect that from happening.

In post 1136, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 1133, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 824, d3x wrote:I have a hard time believing that's a thing Scumika would do. Unless something drastic changes, ika is Town.

he's going to do this regardless of alignment.

SC, why do you have/had a town read on me?

I see a town motivation for you to push for my reads in . You're a strong pusher in general.

In post 1207, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 1154, I Am Innocent wrote:If you don't vote Nero in your next post, I want a reason why.

Because I'll vote whoever the hell I want and I just don't see the Nero Cain wagon.

I still want DrippingGoofball dead but I understand the randomidget wagon better than I used to.

In post 1347, StrangerCoug wrote:Not seeing Nero-scum still.

Spoiler: The reaction to Nero's first "scumslip"
In post 1432, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 1399, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 1388, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1385, TellTaleHeart wrote:
Ignoring his neighbors.

I feel like there's very little reason to suspect either D3X or TDA beyond "OMG I'M IN A HOOD. LETS BE UNRATIONALLY PARANOID!" Even if there were scum in TDA/dx there's still 3 scum outside of the hood.

Case on IAI is skeletal.

My case on IAI is much better than his case on me. If you had such an issue with my case on him why are you just now bringing it up?

Lurker wagon votes are meh.

How is my thinking that Ika is lurking it out any different than you accusing DS and SC of active lurking?

how do you know there are four scum?

Where do you get that Nero Cain (supposedly) knows there are four scum?

In post 1443, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 1441, Nero Cain wrote:I guess that 5 isn't an impossibility but I think there's kind a difference in a game that's mb with 2 sks. Being a mod what do you think of this SC?

I honestly think your number is the most likely to be right, but I generally don't bother with the numbers when they don't matter that much.

Spoiler: Still town reading Nero, even going so far as to call the wagon scummy. We're never treated to who exactly on the wagon is scummy, though.
In post 1660, StrangerCoug wrote:OK, the Nero Cain wagon sprung up
WAY
too quickly for my liking. At least one person voting him is scum. I'll tell you that right now.

Holding off voting until I actually look at the people on him.

In post 1666, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 1663, Garmr wrote:Wow this is a bad post as it shows strange cougar not paying attention to what's happening.

It's only 3 votes. 2 of those votes were me and ds. Me and ds discussed who we thought was scum and we both thought he was most likely scum.

I don't know about Abr through.

There only being three votes doesn't mean those three votes can't be piled on insanely fast. Quality, not quantity. The most your post says to me is that, if scum is voting Nero, I should be looking at ABR. So your post really doesn't do enough to discredit mine.

The level of whiteknighting is ridiculous and uncalled for given the circumstances anyway. Even ignoring that, SC absolutely swore up and down that Nero was town and the thing that apparently changes that is a "scum slip" that you have to tilt your head just right and squint to see.

That doesn't add up. The Nero town read never existed and the vote is ridiculously opportunistic.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1765 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:31 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1763, Nero Cain wrote:I'd vote SC! Like him, Flubber and ABR have been super useless this game.

Do it. dragonspawn is a terrible vote anyway.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1766 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:39 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1763, Nero Cain wrote:I'd vote SC! Like him, Flubber and ABR have been super useless this game.

Yeah, that, and you have a COP GUILTY on ABR!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #1767 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:40 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Explain how my town read on Nero never existed. Reads can change, even at the drop of a hat.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1768 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

*shrugz*

vote:SC

naw, DS having scum reads on both me and RM and then having a "hunch" that ika was scum is totes bunk me thinks.

Do you really think the ika wagon was all town?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1769 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1766, DrippingGoofball wrote:you have a COP GUILTY on ABR!

my bad, i forgot

vote:ABR

TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1770 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:49 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 1767, StrangerCoug wrote:Explain how my town read on Nero never existed. Reads can change, even at the drop of a hat.

Bullshit.

The only "hat" that dropped was the circumstantial, sketchy reason to conveniently join a quick wagon. If your mind was that dead set on Nero being town was unlikely to change your mind
that
quickly because there's ambiguity in the interpretation of the post. You could argue that it's a scum slip and that Nero
knows
randomidget is town or you could argue that Nero is simply making the statement from the mindset that randomidget is town by virtue of being the counterwagon to scum.

I could maybe believe it if it shook your read, but a complete reversal of your previous read in that short amount of time doesn't fit with the confidence level expressed in the previous town read. In other words, the Nero read never existed because you made it up. If I had to guess, it was for the purpose of whiteknighting someone who would likely draw fire, but that's a question best left for post game.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1771 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1768, Nero Cain wrote:Do you really think the ika wagon was all town?

if not who were the bussers?

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1772 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 1771, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1768, Nero Cain wrote:Do you really think the ika wagon was all town?

if not who were the bussers?

you at least.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1773 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah, I herded a bunch of kittens onto my buddy whom had very little heat on him. That's not something I'd do as scum.

Also I'm town, and while you don't believe that I am town I am and therefore bussing is impossible so...who, if any, were bussing DS?

The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1774 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

bump

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”