House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Post by House »

In post 204, Lalendra wrote:
I don't think he's that condescending IRL, it's just part of the online persona.

Time out... were you at TitusMeet?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Post by House »

In post 213, SIR CYANIDE wrote:It was just to convince house that there was more to IC than he thought. The actual examples are meaningless.

It was a wasted post.

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:21 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 1.06

SIR CYANIDE - 4 - Lalendra, VictorDeAngelo, deathfisaro, acryon
croboss - 3 - SIR CYANIDE, Count Dooku, NJAC
House - 2 - Riabi, pisskop
Count Dooku - 1 - House
deathfisaro - 1 - Drezi

Not Voting: RachMarie, croboss

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-02-24 12:47:44)

V/LA: acryon, through Friday, February 6; deathfisaro through Tuesday, February 10
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Drezi »

As for the wagon on Cyanide, I'm against it.

No, I'm not townreading him, and you are holding some valid points against him that make me wary too, however I believe that lynching him D1 would not be beneficial for the town gameplan. Regardless of his alignment Cyanide generates a lot of activity and responses with content (as NJAC pointed out too), and not just fluff talk. Letting him do that a bit more (that doesn't mean giving him a free pass due to this infinitely) is better, than lynching him right off the bat, while we could lynch someone else with a similar chance of being scum, but without the upsides.

In post 219, Count Dooku wrote:
In post 177, croboss wrote:you guys post wayyy too much i can hardly catch up

You should be happy when the town makes content (if you are town). The more content we do, the more chance we have to lynch correctly. scum
<-- In itself, what he said is only fluff, null

In post 177, croboss wrote:Who actually claimed IC? I can't find it where someone actually claimed?

It is obvious that nobody claimed IC. A town player would read through the thread. scum
<-- scummy yes, but we're talking about a new player here so I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt for now.
however when it comes to Dooku, in post addressing me, and his question in post it appears that he himself only skimmed the thread at best, and he's not a new player.

In post 177, croboss wrote:haha I guess I'm pretty bad at mafia

See the end of post . scum
<-- end of is true, but croboss saying that is not alignment indicative, it could semijustify a vote more like for PL reasons.

In post 177, croboss wrote:VOTE: Sir Cyanide

This is ridiculous. Jump on the biggest wagon, without saying anything 'why'? scum
<-- I don't like croboss' vote either, but the case against him still feels weak.

In post 215, croboss wrote:I must confess that my reason for the vote on Sir Cyanide was to generate discussion

First of all: why would we believe you? You can just be scum, who tried to jump on the biggest wagon, and after you realised, you try to get away with (a bad) excuse. To make it clear: Neither I am scumreading you nor townreading based on this post. It is
null
Second: you want more content? You said that we post way too much... and you wnat more content? I won't buy it. Nice contradiction btw. scum
<-- That's a legit point, however.

Comparing this to Dooku's original post, he depicted every quote from croboss as red ->
scum
which is way too forced and other than these, he's only asked questions and commented on minor things here and there so far.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Count Dooku
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:56 am

Post by House »

Seems legit.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:26 am

Post by acryon »

In post 213, SIR CYANIDE wrote:It was just to convince house that there was more to IC than he thought. The actual examples are meaningless.

Well if your point was to inform of how to play IC, then why wouldn't you spend your time discussing how to do that instead of merely disproving House's statement that it was obvious, since by your own admission the example was meaningless.

In post 219, Count Dooku wrote:So
acryon
. Now it is your turn to tell us, what did you find towny about croboss' posts. I didn't read anything from him that is towny.

It's not that I necessarily thought aspects of his posts were townie so much as I didn't think they were scummy. I think the mistake of not realizing the IC hadn't claimed is
far
more likely to come from town than scum, unless you would like to convince me that croboss is simply acting, which I would be willing to entertain but I don't believe you think is the case.

Also I like Drezi.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:44 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Yeah, I'm probably long overdue a prod... reading up.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 106, Count Dooku wrote:@Victor
93 is not House's post... You meant 92?

Yeah, let's just consider the post one giant derpfest. :lol:

If you can work out what I meant, then the point is still valid though.

In post 107, pisskop wrote:

I agree with House; this is a hairy post. It sends my hair on end.

Can be more specific about what you didn't like here?

In post 110, Count Dooku wrote:
In post 108, pisskop wrote:Isn't it early to do this?
I appreciate the townread
, really, but this is a lot of effort for a first read. I look forward to your periodic reads.

Vote: Sir Cyanide

You scumread him, but you appreciate that he is townreading you? What? Why do you care about something, that a scum said about you. You think he is scum, so according to you, he can fake everything.

What did you think about the rest of the tone of Pisskop's post towards SC?

In post 111, Count Dooku wrote:
In post 96, VictorDeAngelo wrote:In other news, I don't like 83. A town scum list is redundant and this seems to just be an excuse to justify a scumread on me.
Why is that redundant? I don't get it.

It is redundant because it is too early in the game to form any sort of reasonable reads, as is demonstrated by the number of null - not enough posts style comments.

After seeing how SC is trying to get us to strategise over the IC correct strategy, I feel even more confident this is all just a scum ploy to get us to waste time. I mean seriously, in he is actually debating whether an IC should claim if they reach L-1. Maybe they should claim but not confirm because scum will get confused.

House is either scum or dumber than when we last played because he thinks it's a good idea.

I literally at the point where I was yesterday, where I have stopped wanted to read this game. If that was the plan, then good job.

Townpoints for Pisskop for speaking sense and actually asking useful questions ().

In post 159, House wrote:
In post 151, deathfisaro wrote:Okay if people are so experienced and good at this game, tell me why IC getting confirmed D1 and eating NK is bad. If Tracker/JK/Cop eats NK, the information they could have gotten is lost. And look at for how much more likely scum will be able to shoot PR than PR night action landing. I don't know why you'd risk trading 1~2 conf town + 1 conf scum with 1 conf town. I posted this idea more than once and you keep avoiding it.
You're being overly obsessed with IC when there's no reason to. I'm sorry if there's IC in this game that I find IC the most disposable PR out of all 5.

pedit: You list people for not contributing, but your existence hasn't benefited me at all at finding scum besides making yourself look bad.

Wow, rolefishing like a champ, depi!

Nothing here is actually rolefishing, just speculating like a ton of people are doing. But House seems to want on the Deathfisaro wagon.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: House

I actually kinda like Count Dooku's attitude for town. I don't a lot of what's he's saying but he reminds me of Count Dooku from the last game I briefly played with him.

I kinda like Acryon's post on page 8 as well. I hope he's town this game.

I'm bored now, and it's late. Next time I'm on someone remind me to read pages 9-???. Night.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:31 pm

Post by House »

In post 232, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
Nothing here is actually rolefishing, just speculating like a ton of people are doing. But House seems to want on the Deathfisaro wagon.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: House

This is a shitty reason to jump on a wagon.

Disagreeing with someone doesn't make the other person scum. Does kinda make you look scummy for the reach, though.

Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Riabi »

Ok, I'm largely going to ignore the entire IC debate, it's been discussed ad nauseum, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing more to say about it. At least right now.

Much more recently, post really bothers me comments like "I'm bored now" don't sit well with me. This game is supposed to be fun, if you're bored, why not replace out? Same thing goes with actually reading the game (and this applies to croboss as well), why bother playing if you aren't going to well... actually play?

My vote stays where it is right now, because I've not seen anything I found necessarily town from House. That said, House does make a good point in . FOS on Victor because I agree with House.

I'm curious about what people think of Lalendra's play. Specifically Dooku, House and NJAC. I know she states that it's common for her posts to contain a lot of WIFOM, but, am I the only one who sees this as scummy?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by House »

In post 234, Riabi wrote:
My vote stays where it is right now, because I've not seen anything I found necessarily town from House. That said, House does make a good point in . FOS on Victor because I agree with House.

Let me give you an inside track.

You're wrong about me. I'm not wrong about Victor.

Vote him instead.

Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Riabi »

In post 235, House wrote:

Vote him instead.

I gotta be honest, this doesn't really make me feel any better about you. Now it feels like you're trying to jump up and down, wave your arms around and scream "LOOK! SEE! I'M TOWN!!" If you were confident in your town status, it seems odd that you would be so explicit about it, especially this early.
Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by Riabi »

I also find it interesting that you seem to have completely ignored the question I asked you, House.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

I literally at the point where I was yesterday, where I have stopped wanted to read this game. If that was the plan, then good job.

I'm bored now, and it's late. Next time I'm on someone remind me to read pages 9-???. Night.

How about you either play the game and stop whining like a little bitch or replace out? Nobody's forcing you to play this game.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by Lalendra »

Fixed quote tag. ~~NS

Thank you!
Lalendra
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Lalendra
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Lalendra »

In post 221, croboss wrote:
In post 217, NJAC wrote:Ok @croboss: Let's say you're not scum, who's scum then? And who do you think is town?

Also, what discussion were you expecting to generate with your vote on SC? Why exactly did you unvote him? Was the discussion you wanted already generated?

I don't know, I find myself fairly bad at determining reads.

I was expecting to create enough disccusion so I could create another post, which could then lead me to make a few more.. I unvoted because I have nothing agaisnt him. The discussion I wanted was already generated because of my earlier post where I conclude my theory.

The reason I jumped on the biggest wagon is because it is likely to produce the most discussion if you near someone that one step closer to a lynch then just randomly doing it on someone with no votes.

I don't know if that's true, making a vote on someone who has no votes on them, particularly if it's a naked vote or one with weak evidence, can generate a great deal of discussion - it might just not be the kind of discussion you're hoping for.

In post 225, House wrote:
I don't think he's that condescending IRL, it's just part of the online persona.

Time out... were you at TitusMeet?

No, I just read the "Get to know House" thread in your sig. Well, some of it...there was a lot.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by House »

In post 236, Riabi wrote:
In post 235, House wrote:

Vote him instead.

I gotta be honest, this doesn't really make me feel any better about you. Now it feels like you're trying to jump up and down, wave your arms around and scream "LOOK! SEE! I'M TOWN!!" If you were confident in your town status, it seems odd that you would be so explicit about it, especially this early.

I can be as scummy as I want to be, actually.

There's nothing that you or anyone else can do about it.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by House »

In post 237, Riabi wrote:I also find it interesting that you seem to have completely ignored the question I asked you, House.

I love how people whine about me ignoring shit when the fact is I'm just missing posts.

What do you want to know?

Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Riabi »

You read the post, I know this because you commented on it. What I asked was:

I'm curious about what people think of Lalendra's play. Specifically Dooku, House and NJAC. I know she states that it's common for her posts to contain a lot of WIFOM, but, am I the only one who sees this as scummy?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by House »

In post 243, Riabi wrote:You read the post, I know this because you commented on it. What I asked was:

Eh, your question is too generic.

I'm still deciding.

Riabi
Riabi
Goon
Riabi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by Riabi »

In post 241, House wrote:

Is this an admission of scumminess?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by NJAC »

In post 234, Riabi wrote:I'm curious about what people think of Lalendra's play. Specifically Dooku, House and NJAC. I know she states that it's common for her posts to contain a lot of WIFOM, but, am I the only one who sees this as scummy?

She's null leaning scum. Sure. However she's also a newbie, so it can explains why the constant circular reasoning in her posts.

Why do you ask specifically to Dooku, House and me?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by NJAC »

In post 221, croboss wrote:
In post 217, NJAC wrote:Ok @croboss: Let's say you're not scum, who's scum then? And who do you think is town?

Also, what discussion were you expecting to generate with your vote on SC? Why exactly did you unvote him? Was the discussion you wanted already generated?

I don't know, I find myself fairly bad at determining reads.

I was expecting to create enough disccusion so I could create another post, which could then lead me to make a few more.. I unvoted because I have nothing agaisnt him. The discussion I wanted was already generated because of my earlier post where I conclude my theory.

The reason I jumped on the biggest wagon is because it is likely to produce the most discussion if you near someone that one step closer to a lynch then just randomly doing it on someone with no votes.

If you insist that you're bad at this game, bad at determining reads, etc, then why don't you just ask to be replaced so we can have someone in your place who's not as bad as you and can help us to find scum?

Now look, maybe you're new to this site, but you really need to try, it doesn't matter if you think you're bad at it or not. So, I'll ask you again: who's scum and who is town according to what you have read until now? Base it on your gut if you will but give us something to work with, please.

Also, if the discussion you wanted was already generated, what do you get from that? what the generated discussion tells you?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by House »

In post 245, Riabi wrote:
In post 241, House wrote:

Is this an admission of scumminess?

You can call it whatever you want to call it.

I call it a statement of the fact that you're not going to lynch me today regardless of what I do.

Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:09 pm

Post by Count Dooku »

In post 228, Drezi wrote:<-- In itself, what he said is only fluff, null

What do you mean? What I said is fluff, or what crobosss said?
In post 228, Drezi wrote:<-- scummy yes, but we're talking about a new player here so I'm willing to give the benefit of doubt for now.

This is a very bad tactic. You cannot read someone less scummy, only because he is a newbie... First, why are you sure that he has never played a mafia game? Second, reading through the game is actually something, that has nothing to do with experience. What you did here is pretty much defending him with no valid reason.
In post 228, Drezi wrote:however when it comes to Dooku, in post 185 addressing me, and his question in post 186 it appears that he himself only skimmed the thread at best, and he's not a new player.

Haha :D. That is all I can say. Could you tell me why do you think that I didn't read the thread? I can help: you don't really think it. You just wanted to throw more and more shit at me.
In post 228, Drezi wrote:<-- end of 185 is true, but croboss saying that is not alignment indicative, it could semijustify a vote more like for PL reasons.

That is clearly not PL reason. Even you said that you think that the end of is true. It is not PL anymore. That is a legit scumread.
In post 228, Drezi wrote:<-- That's a legit point, however.
Okay. Since everything you didn't find legit is legit actually (your reasons against my case were "it is fluff" "it is scummy, but he is a newbie" "I agree with you, but I still think that would be a PL", + there is this last comment where even you stated that it is legit. And you still think that my case is weak?
In post 228, Drezi wrote:<-- I don't like croboss' vote either, but the case against him still feels weak.

You know what is weak? Your case against me. You are my second scumread right now.
Get to Know a Sith Lord
Officially the worst mafioso ever.
RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Return to “Completed Open Games”