Mini 1637- Pokemon Generation I uPick (Game Over)

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:36 am

Post by Marquis »

bert probtown
link in bio
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Wisdom »

@mod Please replace me
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 am

Post by Bert »

In post 997, Marquis wrote:he's really good at getting me involved

yes, including when you two tunnel each other endlessly (Once in a winter night LOL)

In post 997, Marquis wrote:pedit nm is like nulltown to me. above null because he's doing things i recently saw him do in a towngame but i'm not too confident i have a good grip on his natural/non-alignment-based personality despite how long i've played with/modded for him.

thought: how much of the quiet do you think is caused by the mod inactivity

and how much is caused by upick role specialties

Day 2 is on the players including myself. Day 1 was on the mod. I've really tried to avoid posting the last few days, and take my mind off it, because I felt I was in a place where I was going to say bad things about the game (which I'm doing now) and not the players. But whatever, it's true and I like the mods personally but this game was a debacle Day 1 and I feel bad for taking my frustration out on the game itself for my lackluster uninspired play and the atmosphere that I have helped foster.

I'm not too confident but this play is totally in line with n_m's scum game I saw back then, and he hasn't done anything to dispute what I feel about his play so far.

I think Nat is really good at making cool roles, and as he probably helped design the setup, I think he's pretty good at modding these types of games.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:39 am

Post by TierShift »

thanks, bbt.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Okay effort time I guess

Flames682

I've played with Flames quite abut but I can't recall a scum game of his off the top of my head, come to think of it the fact we share a read should be some sort of red flag, my read on him is usually a "I have 0 idea how you actually think this" but there's usually a sincerity behind it and he usualy feel very town when he comes under pressure, in this game he's kinda been a non entity

Bert

Likewise I don't really know Bert's scum game, but his interaction with me is very in line with his town game, the content is easily faked but he also feel very sincere, I also remember liking his pushes earlygame

Marquis

His last few posts look town, but I can never read him unless he obvtowns it, I usually just wait for him to die or endgame me

Seohyun

I have 0 recollection of this slot

LastManStanding

LMS was bad, MS isn't great, but his tunnel looks genuine ish, I've never played with him but I know he's liable to what would be considered a trolling style here, a slot I need to get a better handle on

Wisdom

I typically find him obvious as either alignment, here he's just kind of annoying in the background, I could see him as scum for his push on kbw, but I think BBT is more likely for that role and if they were both scum Wisdom would be doing something better, a good info flip

Egg

His kbw push was the only one I didn't find myself questioning and sticking to the kbw wagon after it had clearly died looks like a genuine scumread, I had other reasons day 1, which I can no longer recall off the top of my head

BlueBloodedToffee

I honestly feel BBT is just trolling at this point with his attack on flames about refusing to explain. I already went over how he was scum lurking and kbw was town lurking. And his pushes on Tiershift and Bert look fake as fuck, based on irrelevant playstyle nonsense lik "talking like someone is town" and "saying odd not scummy", these are stone cold null and I don't believe BBT doesn't know this.

keybladewielder

Everyone knows my stance on this slot, it was a scum push

TierShift

In the game I played where he was scum he played me pretty hard, so he's tentative townread but his scumplay was more based on stroking egos and psychological manipulation, this seems more in line with his straight down the line town play.

Not_Mafia

Obvscum
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

And on the subject of BBT being fake, he and I were put in to a neighbourhood night 1, my role pm was worded poorly/wrong and I though i was a neighbouriser, I tried to neighbourise Espeonage and got given a neighbourhood with BBT and a clarification from Nati that my actual role was making a neighbourhood with anyone who uses the move psychic the same night as me.

I told BBT I find mod decided neighbourhoods pointless and 0 intention of using it, he followed this up sometime later by asking how it's a mod decided neighbourhood, so unless mod neglected to explain how the role works like he did to me then it looks like some weak attempt to be able to lambast me for some playstyle thing like he has with Tiershift and Bert
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bert
Bert
Bert

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Bert »

What's 'psychic?'
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's (one of) my move(s) aka abilities, there are multiple people in the game with it and if we use it on the same night we establish a neighbourhood with eachother, but we need to post in it for it to stay open, which we haven't been doing
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Formerfish »

I am through page 11

In post 21, LastManStanding wrote:Also hi BBT, we met briefly in Newbie 1559. The game finished, I was scum. The player who quickhammered you was town. How does that make you feel?

What is the point of this question? Or post, for that matter?
Follow up post was worse.

Tier/BBT pretentious argument is stupid and pointless. If you have played with BBT you would know he is just being himself, which can be a little pretentious, but its nothing spectacular.
In post 41, TierShift wrote:He was the first one to actually find a reason to vote and at the same time 'engaging' me. Both are not very useful but seem to be so. That's what I call pretentious. He then says that he doesn't like to be fooled. How is that a reaction to me calling him pretentious?

Tier, what are you actually saying here? Pretentious- attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed. I don’t see how that definition matches yours.

BBT I am not thrilled at your move out of RVS with your vote on my pred. Nor do I like how willing Wisdom is to follow you onto my slot. Calling something a serious vote and then saying that you made it for no particular reason makes me feel like the vote wasn’t serious business. Flames seems to have a legit reason to suspect you on that point, yet you OMGUS the fuck out of him for voting you, again without providing any reason for your vote. Do you have reasons for any of the votes you made to this point?

Flames in your 4th post you call someone out for not being productive. I didn’t see much productivity from you to this point, so why do you feel its ok to call someone else out?

In post 85, Espeonage wrote:I am a power role. I need to know even more than your flavour claim to even function. I am asking for much less than what I need here.

Is this from “How to get NKed N1, You too can be dead!”

Seos posts are pointless so far. Doesn't get much better over time.

Egg I disagree with #104, insomuch that Flames is rolefishing. Asking what he could get out of our roles being common knowledge seems to me like a decent way to scum hunt. And the fact that you don’t say shit about the guy who is actually looking for us all to divulge information without knowing what that information could do is unsettling. You don’t see any reason why town would want to know what possible gain there is from someone wanting to know others roles?

So on page 6 my slots wagon really seems to take off. BBT was first on, but hopped off when Flames attacked him for his random vote on my slot (Could be that BBT saw my wagon gaining a little steam and hopped off so when I flipped town he wouldn’t be on it, maybe not). Wisdom sheeped a vote, Seohyun did the same thing (later on you admit that scum probably wouldn’t be playing in such a way that would be so obvious). LMS comes back for the first time in a few pages and a day to misrep Key and vote him, Egg naked votes. BBT comes back and again has no reason attached to the vote. Bert seems to be defending the slot a little (I think?), as well as NM.

In post 163, Not_Mafia wrote:Looking at it has reminded me that Wisdom is in this game though. Wisdom what are your reads?

In post 164, Wisdom wrote:why do you wanna know

I normally hate when people call this out in most circumstances, but Jesus Christ, Beetlejuice? 8 minutes after he is asked for reads he is answering? And I could understand if Wisdom had been posting in game at the time, but his previous post was 15 hours earlier that day. And why would someone want to know your reads man, lets see… to sort you? To see where your head is at? Why the fuck do you think?

Seo, do you have a history of calling people scum, seeing them flip out, and correctly detecting actual scum from those interactions? Can you show where you have ever done this before?

In post 241, Wisdom wrote:
In post 67, Flames682 wrote:BBT's voting KBW and saying it's serious but then saying he pulled it out of thin air is scummy though.

I disagree. It looks more like "serious" wasn't serious but just a vote to get reactions
kbw agreeing with that just looks like omgus

What? So someone being voted on for bad reasoning, then voting for the person who voted for them will always be omgus in your opinion?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:39 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 1009, Formerfish wrote:Tier, what are you actually saying here? Pretentious- attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed. I don’t see how that definition matches yours.

He wants to be seen as more useful than he actually is. Does match the definition.

Continue catch-up please! I'm currently not very impressed!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:07 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Seo, you didn’t see a point in unvoting a wagon that was at l-2 with a vote that you threw down in rvs? But then you were told that maybe you should move your vote to a place where it would do more good, and you did. I find that people who are so easily persuaded can easily be scum trying to avoid making waves. Naked vote on Esp in #398, awesome sauce. Questioning a townread, especially when it becomes almost universal, is not an odd thing to do. This again goes to getting as much information out of people as possible. If someone says that Esp is town for x then it is safe to assume that they would feel the same way about Y doing x as well. It allows for patterns to emerge. Micc semactics battle with Wisdom earns just Micc a scumread? Why not Wisdom for being evasive on such a simple point? BBT for being on the same wagon you were on, and then hopped off of? By that logic you should scumread yourself as well (don’t worry, it seems like a lot of people are doing that for you). That Micc vote looks horibad.
In post 312, Bert wrote:You replaced in midway D1 and made like, 14 posts in 9 days (Decgtyu0063c. 3-11). Then, Wisdom was Nked.
In that timeframe, you prod dodged 3 times and never once complained about Wisdom's style.
VOTE: Not Mafia
/mobile

Bert this is why I love you. You come out with shit like this after doing dick for a few days and completely redeem yourself. Not saying you are correct with your read, but it’s a good call out. This is TownBert for the thought dump around #390-400.
I feel like Micc has a good point about the wking with Wisdom, and dislike that Wis is saying that for anyone to say a wagon is bad they need to know the alignment of the wagonee. I have seen town and scum alike do that in games and it is a null tell at best. “micc are you scum? Why are you arguing wording when what I'm saying is clear?” You are not being as clear as you think you are, and that fact that you are acting defensive instead of trying to be transparent is alarming.
Metal is town til he is not. I will fight people on this. Bert, don’t vote Metal. I’ve seen him be very town in a situation just like this. Trust my read on him here for now.
@MOD
(and anyone really)-
Is going into the lab for a potion code for getting a prod?

I am hating Wisdom and his refusal to understand that people might not get shit he says as easily as he thinks they should. If people question you again then go into more detail. Saying the same thing over and over, or saying the people are stupid for not getting it the first time helps no one. Can we start skipping the part where you call us stupid for not understanding your obvious intellectual understanding of the game and go straight to the place where you just explain some shit to us? Also, the whole “why are you scum reading x? Because x is scum” bullshit is getting old. Wisdom is on my shit list for that. “then ill take it as an empty claim that you cant justify” this is in reference to BBT calling Micc town. Which could also be used to describe Wisdoms scum read on Micc, weird.
BBT is town for fighting off Wisdom, Tier and NM defending Micc. This reminds me of when Thor and Konowa ganged up on a rando in a game I just played. Thor was scum, Konowa was shit town.

I am getting increasingly apprehensive reading this game right now (I’m around post #640). This whole thing with BBT and everyone ganging up on him tells me that we have scum and stupid town in on the fun. I don’t see a single person stepping up to defend him and I wonder If that is because town started in on him and scum are just running with it. I get why BBT wouldn’t explain a town read, sometimes it’s a lot harder to explain that than it is a scum read because a scum read shouldn’t be your default. And why the fuck should he explain anything when the people who are asking him to are refusing to explain their inversed reads? I feel like if Wisdom stopped being a pedantic dick and cooperated maybe BBT would reciprocate.

AHHHH Naked votes starting day 2. Did we learn nothing from day 1? And can no one think of a reason why, overnight, someones reads might change? Jesus day 2 has been a pile of shit so far. I’m beat, ill do a reads list tomorrow when I get up with the babe. (oh, I stopped where I replaced in by the way).
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Post by TierShift »

Formerfish needs to go either today or tomorrow after notmaf.
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Post by Flames682 »

I'm gonna go through some ISOs later and reread everyone.
Stop using gut as a reason to state someone is scum. Now.

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:23 pm

In post 1012, TierShift wrote:Formerfish needs to go either today or tomorrow after notmaf.

Not a chance.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Post by TierShift »

why not?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Post by TierShift »

Please don't give me the 'he's a townread shtick'.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:15 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

He posted a long post, must be town!

Let's policy lunch
VOTE: wisdom
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:35 am

In post 1015, TierShift wrote:why not?

Tell me why you think he is scum.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:05 am

Post by TierShift »

The majority of his comments is useless. Total passer-by comments, not focused on finding scum.

I don't believe his townread on you to be true. It is not easy to get a townread from your early posting. He just takes a stance because it is really easy to start from something like that and throw dirt at the people voting you. Which is basically the only thing he has done.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 am

I find his analysis to be quite insightful, actually.

I feel it's pretty obvious to see I'm town. Like, I'm one of the only people actually doing anything to try and progress the game.

If you read his post, you will see analysis on myself, Seo, Wisdom, Bert and Metal.

Admittedly, I might be town-reading him because he seems to be one of the only people who is correctly reading me, but at this point, I'll take any town-reads I can get. His thoughts also line up pretty well with mine, which points to him being town as well.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:33 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 1020, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I feel it's pretty obvious to see I'm town. Like, I'm one of the only people actually doing anything to try and progress the game.

Early game, you weren't. You were just shitting people with nonsense attacks.

If you read his post, you will see analysis on myself, Seo, Wisdom, Bert and Metal.

which all is pretty weak.

Admittedly, I might be town-reading him because he seems to be one of the only people who is correctly reading me, but at this point, I'll take any town-reads I can get. His thoughts also line up pretty well with mine, which points to him being town as well.

This is a pretty serious flaw in your game. You are super easy to take advantage of.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:25 am

Post by Egg »

Former wrote:Egg I disagree with #104, insomuch that Flames is rolefishing. Asking what he could get out of our roles being common knowledge seems to me like a decent way to scum hunt. And the fact that you don’t say shit about the guy who is actually looking for us all to divulge information without knowing what that information could do is unsettling. You don’t see any reason why town would want to know what possible gain there is from someone wanting to know others roles?

I didn't personally see a way that scum could benefit from knowing our flavor to the point of saying "guys I'm a PR help me out". For some reason, this felt obvious to me hence the town read on Esp and scum on Flames for fighting it, especially considering I thought Esp was investigative and I still think he may have been trying to give off that vibe to suck up the NK. But yeah, Flames' reaction read as trying not to help an investigative which makes perfect sense for scum.

Tier wrote:Continue catch-up please! I'm currently not very impressed!

Yeah, I feel like he's picked out some unimportant things to comment on, but at the same time I can't think of anything I'd rather have his comments on. So it's kind of hard to judge right now. I'm interested to see what your issue is.

Former wrote:Seo, you didn’t see a point in unvoting a wagon that was at l-2 with a vote that you threw down in rvs? But then you were told that maybe you should move your vote to a place where it would do more good, and you did. I find that people who are so easily persuaded can easily be scum trying to avoid making waves

This is a good point depending on the person. Some people are just naturally passive and easily persuaded. I could be wrong, but Seo kind of strikes me as that kind of player.

Metal wrote:Let's policy lunch

I could go for a sandwich.

BBT wrote:Admittedly, I might be town-reading him because he seems to be one of the only people who is correctly reading me

BBT wrote:Overall : BBT is probtown.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:56 am

Post by TierShift »

uh, egg, I stated my problems with former. Why not comment?
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:05 am

Post by Egg »

All I see is that you think his reads/analysis is weak. Without specific examples, all I can do is go "ok, there's what you think I guess". I mean, the "passerby" thing is pretty common in catchups because when you know you're reading something from 30 pages ago, you aren't really looking to start a conversation. You're either town trying to explain your reads or you're scum trying to appear transparent. Like your issues look non-specific and non-alignment indicative.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”