Mini 1646: Quil's Smalltown (Game over!)

Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 193, Bookitty wrote:
In post 192, Marquis wrote:i think the farside wagon is well-intentioned (from boo) but inaccurate

Talk to me about this, please.

farside's persistent defense of aronis while being a bit stubborn in the face of her points being picked apart leads me to think one of her/aronis is town, and atm i'm leaning her.

it is a bit weird for me to see. typically with farside town this is the level of engagement i'm used to though so yeah again, leaning town
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Marquis »

jingle and pine lynches are also good ideas

i'm still totally down for a pine lynch
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by Marquis »

oh i meant jake

that's what i remember from earlygame and it's still a bit true
link in bio
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 196, farside22 wrote:1) I never stopped you from asking him questions at all.
2) okay so you are comfortable voting on the wagon then?
3) I used that as a counter point to you. It was wrong soooo...?
4) your whole issue is his role. If not can you link to me what else you find scummy?

Wow, are you actually reading the game, Farside? That's a mighty big post to have missed first time around, lady.

1. Your reaction to my relatively gentle questioning was a lot worse than your reaction to the people who were actually voting Aronis.
2. I'm voting where I want to be. Thanks, though.
3. It's of interest because it feels like you're not really keeping up with the game. Are you?
4. In my ISO, you will see posts directed to Aronis that point out his short answers, two word answers and lack of helpfulness. I can link them for you if reading my ISO is too much work, of course, but there are quite a few of them and I think it would be easier just to read the ISO.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 201, Marquis wrote:jingle and pine lynches are also good ideas

What's the case on Pine?
This is a Parachute.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 200, Marquis wrote:
In post 192, Marquis wrote:i think the farside wagon is well-intentioned (from boo) but inaccurate

farside's persistent defense of aronis while being a bit stubborn in the face of her points being picked apart leads me to think one of her/aronis is town, and atm i'm leaning her.

it is a bit weird for me to see. typically with farside town this is the level of engagement i'm used to though so yeah again, leaning town

Maybe. I don't get the one of these two is town; could both be town in your opinion?

I truly dislike Aronis stepping back and letting farside take the heat for this, though. I wouldn't do that as town; I don't know if he would or not.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 203, Bookitty wrote:
In post 196, farside22 wrote:1) I never stopped you from asking him questions at all.
2) okay so you are comfortable voting on the wagon then?
3) I used that as a counter point to you. It was wrong soooo...?
4) your whole issue is his role. If not can you link to me what else you find scummy?

Wow, are you actually reading the game, Farside? That's a mighty big post to have missed first time around, lady.

1. Your reaction to my relatively gentle questioning was a lot worse than your reaction to the people who were actually voting Aronis.
2. I'm voting where I want to be. Thanks, though.
3. It's of interest because it feels like you're not really keeping up with the game. Are you?
4. In my ISO, you will see posts directed to Aronis that point out his short answers, two word answers and lack of helpfulness. I can link them for you if reading my ISO is too much work, of course, but there are quite a few of them and I think it would be easier just to read the ISO.

1. Is false. You asked me a question about aronis. I never interrupted you or attacked your question. I just said arnois had foot in mouth issues. That's it.
2. Nice dodge again
3. Yes, are you?
4. You talking about this post because it's the only one I see a short response.
I read this from you which is an opinion I didn't see aronis being antagonist.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 204, Jingle wrote:
In post 201, Marquis wrote:jingle and pine lynches are also good ideas

What's the case on Pine?

Pine's still playing?

Sorry I'm getting a bit bitch.

Aronis not coming in does bother me.

I need to think.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:48 pm

Post by Bookitty »

^ ^ Finally, that is a farside I think I know.

UNVOTE:

@Farside: If I had taken ascetic, I would expect to have an expiration date. If you wouldn't, you need to tell me so, please.

If I had taken ascetic, I would be going out of my way to be valuable to town to prolong my life as long as possible. I have literally no other value in this game; I am only a liability in terms of my role. I would do my best to provide value even if I was only here for one day.

Think about the role ascetic. Now think about how Aronis is playing. He's horribly not helpful to town, to the extent that when I tried to think of why town-Aronis would panic and switch his role and then asked him about it, he said "Just depends." He's providing negative value to town in terms of his role regardless of his alignment and then he's acting like he's doing us a favour by providing any information or insights. That's two reasons, not one.

What good is he, Farside? If he can't be read, can't be investigated and plays like this and can't change and grow and improve, why would we keep him around over literally anyone else? These are serious questions for you.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 174, Grib wrote:God, I read this entire page and I want to respond to exactly zero of it.

Is there any way to use our roles in a sort of circle of protection, say A watches B who protects C who guards D who tracks E who blocks F and so on, to make it easier to catch the kill?

I'm working on breaking strategies, I'll let you know if one exists. In the meantime, what's your read on Farside/Boo/Aronis? Why are you voting Pine? Who else is worth voting in your opinion?

In post 208, Bookitty wrote:What good is he, Farside? If he can't be read, can't be investigated and plays like this and can't change and grow and improve, why would we keep him around over literally anyone else? These are serious questions for you.

Serious question for you, boo. Why focus in on a player you won't be able to read to the exclusion of others?
This is a Parachute.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Post by farside22 »

Boo:

You have me thinking.
I would play the role strongly and push those who voted for me to find out if there was town or scum motivation.
The reason I started looking at your push was when you pointed to the ability, to me I think scum would push the ability as scum ability that should be lynched regardless of play.
It's hard to see that line of thinking as town but you are saying you expect anyone would know the role has an expiration date. I agree but I don't think anyone would lynch for that reason on day one. So I'm looking at play vs role.

I'm fighting with aronis role picking and how I can't see scum changing after that and this argument with barely a word from aronis. I'm also getting willies from the wagon and the more quiet ones in the game too.

Unvote

Vote: pine

Back to square one for now.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 209, Jingle wrote:Serious question for you, boo. Why focus in on a player you won't be able to read to the exclusion of others?

I've focused on Farside too and I feel mildly confident about my ability to read her. I'm really only capable of looking at one person in-depth at a time; I think I've been pretty open about my reads and opinions as I derive them.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 205, Bookitty wrote:
In post 200, Marquis wrote:

Maybe. I don't get the one of these two is town; could both be town in your opinion?

I truly dislike Aronis stepping back and letting farside take the heat for this, though. I wouldn't do that as town; I don't know if he would or not.

Really? My last post was 11 hours ago. I haven't been neglecting the game or anything. Secondly, farside doesn't have to defend me at all. Thirdly, you're who's giving her all the heat. And what do you want me to say? Obviously whatever I say will be wrong according to you and it's not like you're asking me a bunch of questions that I'm ignoring, your posts are directed at farside, not me. Fuck off.

VOTE: bookitty
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 208, Bookitty wrote:^ ^ Finally, that is a farside I think I know.

UNVOTE:

@Farside: If I had taken ascetic, I would expect to have an expiration date. If you wouldn't, you need to tell me so, please.

If I had taken ascetic, I would be going out of my way to be valuable to town to prolong my life as long as possible. I have literally no other value in this game; I am only a liability in terms of my role. I would do my best to provide value even if I was only here for one day.

Think about the role ascetic. Now think about how Aronis is playing. He's horribly not helpful to town, to the extent that when I tried to think of why town-Aronis would panic and switch his role and then asked him about it, he said "Just depends." He's providing negative value to town in terms of his role regardless of his alignment and then he's acting like he's doing us a favour by providing any information or insights. That's two reasons, not one.

What good is he, Farside? If he can't be read, can't be investigated and plays like this and can't change and grow and improve, why would we keep him around over literally anyone else? These are serious questions for you.

So to make sure I understand what you're saying, I am scum because I got stuck with the 2nd pick and made a bad choice and I answered one question with an insufficient answer[even though I tried to go back and fix it], correct?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 209, Jingle wrote:I'm working on breaking strategies, I'll let you know if one exists. In the meantime, what's your read on Farside/Boo/Aronis? Why are you voting Pine? Who else is worth voting in your opinion?

Oh, so apparently I'm not invisible. Neat.

Town, scum, and null-ish. These are leans. A lot of Aronis' responses to the pressure on him are pretty clipped and I don't know how to feel about it.

Pine was RVS and I don't care enough to move my vote.

I approve of the Bookitty wagon.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Posting to remind myself I'm on page 7
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:55 pm

Post by Bookitty »

@Aronis:

I find it funny that you feel like you "got stuck with the 2nd pick" like it was horrible for you to have so many choices to pick from.

Basically, I see two ways to look at picking your role here if you're town. You either pick a role you think will be helpful for town or you pick a role to keep it away from scum.

Roleblocker would be awesomely helpful for town. Roleblocking people who are suspected of being scum, especially later on in the game, can stop nightkills and save lives. You said you like roleblocker, so picking that as town would make a lot of sense to me.

Ascetic is fuck-all use to town. It puts a giant target on the person who picks it unless they make themselves obvtown. Even then, they are much more likely to be lynched because there is no other way to determine their alignment and because they provide no positive utility for town. It's actually something i would have preferred to see in scum hands and that I expected to be one of the last things picked. Instead, it was the second role picked.

By picking Ascetic as either alignment, you took on an added responsibility for your team. As town, an Ascetic must work hard to provide as much information as possible before he or she is lynched. That lynch is nearly inevitable in my experience. As scum, Ascetics must also act as town as possible to stave off their lynch and make up for their lack of usefulness to the town.

Like a vanilla townie, you have your vote and your voice. Also like a vanilla townie, you're going to be considered the most expendable member of either team. If you didn't know this when you made your choice of role, you surely must have noticed it by now. You're likely to be voted out before any power role unless there's a clear certainty that that power role is scum or you can prove your value and worth to town in other ways. Your lynch is far from a foregone conclusion unless you make it that way by serving up nothing but antagonism and answers that feel like they're being dragged out of you.

No, Farside didn't have to defend you. I'm not sure why she did. You certainly didn't provide her with much to work with and I sort of think it's some kind of misplaced empathy for someone she has seen mislynched repeatedly. (I could be wrong here.) But I would expect at least some degree of support for her or appreciation for her efforts, which were much more effective than your own quite honestly. Neither of these were evident in your responses; instead you provided more antagonism and no real content yet again. I don't even know what you think Farside's alignment is; that's how little I have to read you on.

I get that you're frustrated about the situation. I think you should have expected it, myself, but if you didn't then it's got to be pretty horrid. I'm still telling my mom you said fuck off, though.

In other news, Antihero needs to weigh in soon because his future is directly related to whomever is voted off today. I would expect him to be more interested for that reason alone.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Quilford »

• Vote count 1.7

Aronis (4)— DeasVail, Marquis, Flubbernugget, xRECKONERx
    Pine (3)— Grib, Jake from State Farm, farside22
    farside22 (2)— Jingle, Pine
    Jingle (2)— Shiidaji, Antihero
    Bookitty (1)— Aronis

Not Voting (1)— Bookitty

It takes 7 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

Day 1 will be 10 days long. It ends in (expired on 2015-02-24 21:15:09).

Mod notes

Prodding Antihero.

Remember, you can request an updated Role PM containing your selected role's info any time you like, as detailed in the Setup post.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by Marquis »

oh

maybe anti is scum
link in bio
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:05 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 216, Bookitty wrote:@Aronis:

I find it funny that you feel like you "got stuck with the 2nd pick" like it was horrible for you to have so many choices to pick from.

Basically, I see two ways to look at picking your role here if you're town. You either pick a role you think will be helpful for town or you pick a role to keep it away from scum.

Roleblocker would be awesomely helpful for town. Roleblocking people who are suspected of being scum, especially later on in the game, can stop nightkills and save lives. You said you like roleblocker, so picking that as town would make a lot of sense to me.

Ascetic is fuck-all use to town. It puts a giant target on the person who picks it unless they make themselves obvtown. Even then, they are much more likely to be lynched because there is no other way to determine their alignment and because they provide no positive utility for town. It's actually something i would have preferred to see in scum hands and that I expected to be one of the last things picked. Instead, it was the second role picked.

By picking Ascetic as either alignment, you took on an added responsibility for your team. As town, an Ascetic must work hard to provide as much information as possible before he or she is lynched. That lynch is nearly inevitable in my experience. As scum, Ascetics must also act as town as possible to stave off their lynch and make up for their lack of usefulness to the town.

Like a vanilla townie, you have your vote and your voice. Also like a vanilla townie, you're going to be considered the most expendable member of either team. If you didn't know this when you made your choice of role, you surely must have noticed it by now. You're likely to be voted out before any power role unless there's a clear certainty that that power role is scum or you can prove your value and worth to town in other ways. Your lynch is far from a foregone conclusion unless you make it that way by serving up nothing but antagonism and answers that feel like they're being dragged out of you.

No, Farside didn't have to defend you. I'm not sure why she did. You certainly didn't provide her with much to work with and I sort of think it's some kind of misplaced empathy for someone she has seen mislynched repeatedly. (I could be wrong here.) But I would expect at least some degree of support for her or appreciation for her efforts, which were much more effective than your own quite honestly. Neither of these were evident in your responses; instead you provided more antagonism and no real content yet again. I don't even know what you think Farside's alignment is; that's how little I have to read you on.

I get that you're frustrated about the situation. I think you should have expected it, myself, but if you didn't then it's got to be pretty horrid. I'm still telling my mom you said fuck off, though.

In other news, Antihero needs to weigh in soon because his future is directly related to whomever is voted off today. I would expect him to be more interested for that reason alone.

I understand that you think I made a bad choice so would you shut the hell up about it already? I get your fucking point. If you want to lynch me, then lynch me goddammit. But I don't need to be repeatedly lectured about my 'mistake'. You have been of zero use to this town, because you repeatedly attempt to condemn me by saying the same thing over and over and over. You have no backing to your claim other than that and if it hasn't worked yet, it won't work. You can lecture me all you want about not being useful, but you haven't done a damn thing either. So maybe once uou start doing something and quit pestering me about this useless shit, I'll listen to you. Until then, this is the last response you're getting from me.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:51 pm

Post by Jingle »

I'm too tired to deal with this tonight. I'll start playing the game for real tomorrow.
This is a Parachute.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:19 am

Post by DeasVail »

I'm going to be out of action for another day or so. My apologies.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Bookitty »

Fine, Aronis. I can't make you do anything, and if you can't or won't show that you're town then there is literally nothing I can do for you.

@Farside: At this point I'm kind of okay with joining the Aronis wagon, just to let you know.

I have DeasVail as pretty strong town. Marquis too; he stepped in between Farside and me when I think that scum would have happily stayed silent. (Yeah, I'm reading Farside as town now; it's not my strongest ever townread on her but I'd consider it pretty good if it was on someone other than her.)

I don't like much of what Grib is serving up. I didn't like the post popping in to tell us he had nothing he wanted to comment on and then his follow-up was nothing to write home about either. At the point that he liked the wagon on me, said wagon consisted of one vote. If he liked it, why didn't he
put a ring on
join it?

Pine is missing in action, which is really problematic for me given that I had a mild town-read on him early based primarily on his identification of me as town. He's active elsewhere on the site while ignoring this game. That's never a good sign imo.

I want to see what Antihero comes in with assuming he does.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:35 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

That sees like a weak reason to town read pine. Have you played with pine before? Would you say you are fairly easy to buddy?
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:39 am

Post by Bookitty »

I think it's pretty easy to get on my good side early on; I start with a default that everyone in the game is town and move them down from that, which is different than most people but seems to work okay for me.

Strong buddying without a correlating strong reason to read me as town doesn't usually work. I'm as vulnerable to OMGUS and OMGUR as anyone else, though.

Weak reason = mild townread. It's dissolving with his avoidance of this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”