Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:43 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 443, ika wrote:while a nk can lead out speculations and stuff, i find the "no nk whine whine" means:

your a vt who is just board with the damned game
or
your scum whos pissed their nk failed

I agree with his statement on this. After that accidental lynch, you're either confirmed VT or you just pulled off the greatest bus of all time! haha :D
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:43 am

Post by zombiekitty »

In post 450, Diego1487 wrote:
I agree with his statement on this. After that accidental lynch, you're either confirmed VT or you just pulled off the greatest bus of all time! haha :D

Why do you think I'd be his scum partner? :/
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Diego1487 »

I figured the "haha" and :D would be enough to make it clear it was a light-hearted post. I believe I made it clear in that I read you as town.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:27 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

How many games have you played in before Zombiekitty?
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:29 am

Post by BRantz »

Wait... What?

Been busier than expected this weekend. Will be around in a few hours assuming there wasn't actually a lynch.
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:38 am

Post by zombiekitty »

In post 452, Diego1487 wrote:I figured the "haha" and :D would be enough to make it clear it was a light-hearted post. I believe I made it clear in that I read you as town.

Ok? I don't get your post on [post]450[/quote] then.

In post 453, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:How many games have you played in before Zombiekitty?

This would be my 3rd game here.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:28 am

Post by Diego1487 »

Whoa Zombie, easy...easy.

It was a joke. Kinda like when the trusty sidekick in an action movie looks at the ruggedly handsome hero and says, "Well, this plan is going to save all of humanity...or you just doomed us to a life of damnation."
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 2.06

ika (5)- Debonair Danny DiPietro, Drixx, Diego1487, numberQ, zombiekitty
numberQ (1)- Bitmap
Diego1487 (1)- BRantz
BRantz (1)- ForWhomTheJellyRolls
zombiekitty (1)- ika

Not voting: No one!

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

A lynch has been reached.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:48 am

Post by DeasVail »

DeasVail was absolutely and utterly shocked by how things were progressing. The bacon was still in its packaging, the chicken had survived the processes of seasoning with salt and pepper and being dredged in flour and dipped in egg without transforming into a different meat, and the chili chocolate ice cream was sitting there melting away. What exactly DeasVail was meant to do with this last ingredient he didn't know, however as it was there in front of him, it was of course a vital component of his re-creation! In summary, things were going along schnitzelly!

However, what DeasVail did next was incredibly odd. When questioned following the event, he would claim that he had heard a voice not unlike his grandmother's, demanding that he do it.

'Shouldn't he have done that before dressing me in salt, pepper, egg and flour?' the chicken whispered to the breadcrumbs.
'I wish for your sake that he hadn't thought of the idea at all,' the breadcrumbs whispered back.
'Just be gentle when you touch the breast. It'll be awfully tender.'

Ika,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. The deadline for night actions is in (expired on 2015-02-18 15:48:28).
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:49 am

Post by DeasVail »

No one died Night 2.

Day 3 begins! The deadline is 5th March, 7am AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-03-04 16:00:00).

Players alive: zombiekitty, BRantz, Diego1487, ForWhomTheJellyRolls, numberQ, Drixx, Bitmap, Debonair Danny DiPietro

Replacing

Bitmap
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:02 am

Post by numberQ »

VOTE: Diego

Second scummiest read behind ika, though that's more process of elimination than anything overt.

@zombiekitty
, you've had your flip. Any notable reads?
Hey!
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:05 am

Post by Diego1487 »

Ok, I re-read the entire thread last night, and I think I have something. I believe I found where DDD and Bitmap are having a "scum" conversation. I apologize for the wall post in advance, but I feel this needs to be in one post to work.
In post 63, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 35, Bitmap wrote:
In post 34, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Can we just assume I said everything Bitmap did? Read a post, start typing a response, see Bitmap made the response I was going to. See the next post, start typing a response, Bitmap did it. It's very rude.

I'm very sorry. I can't help it when I'm town. :/

Also, which posts were you planning on responding to?

#13, #23; let's just go with every post that ends in the number 3 for good measure.

In post 36, Bitmap wrote:
@DDD:
Quick question that I would like to be answered, when you play forum mafia, do you read everything that has been posted and then make a post or read a post at a time and respond if need be per post?

I don't think I have a definitive style in that regard; like this post is being written after reading these two posts and the rest of page 2 but not page 3. Sometimes I'll read everything, sometimes I'll snap reply.

UNVOTE: Bitmap

This conversation was one of the first things that made me nervous about this pair. It was random, and I didn't understand the point. However, I believe it was used to cover up day talk on strategy. DDD makes hardcore emphasis to the number 3 in the above post. I looked, and I am the third player listed in the first post by the moderator. I feel its DDD telling Bitmap to go after me for the lynch.

In post 71, Bitmap wrote:
In post 63, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 36, Bitmap wrote:
@DDD:
Quick question that I would like to be answered, when you play forum mafia, do you read everything that has been posted and then make a post or read a post at a time and respond if need be per post?

I don't think I have a definitive style in that regard; like this post is being written after reading these two posts and the rest of page 2 but not page 3. Sometimes I'll read everything, sometimes I'll snap reply.

Lame. I was trying to do a reaction test and this didn't tell me squat. But I'm still leaning town on you.

I believe this is continued "scum strategy." Bitmap is telling DDD that he didn't pick up the secret text??
In post 210, Bitmap wrote:VOTE: Diego

I'll see where this vote goes.

Bitmap puts a hollow attempt to start a bandwagon on me, just as requested.
In post 255, Bitmap wrote:Hi, I'm back.

My case on Diego was his really bad reasoning for his L-1 vote on him.

In post 199, Diego1487 wrote:If you think we're that gullible, you deserve this.
If you are that naive of a scum player, you deserve this.
If you are that weak of a town player, you deserve this.

This was a really bad reason for an L-1 vote. If town, you would of said "You're scum" in some sort of fashion.

Also, letters townbled a bit by the way he reacted on his L-1 vote. He mentioned who to go after after getting lynched with reasons which irks me as town.

Also, Diego has an OMGUS reason on me.

When pressed, Bitmap gives poor reason for his vote on me. He ranted earlier in post that town players don't have to mince words, so saying that my wording is scum doesn't add up. His second reason has nothing to do with me, only deals with letters' reaction. His third reason doesn't even make sense, it was just thrown in there to add "more proof" to his reasoning.

I know everyone doesn't like looking for scum pairs, but I wasn't looking for this when I found it. If DDD and Bitmap weren't veteran players, I would just put this off as a coincidence. However, I believe that they feel they can pull this off in a Newbie game without getting caught.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:28 am

Post by numberQ »

If you're right, kudos for catching it.

But that's a lot of things that need to line up to fit the theory. I don't buy it.
Hey!
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:48 am

Post by Diego1487 »

@mod: did you prod Bitmap, or did he asked to be replaced? I don't see where you prodded him?
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:31 am

Post by BRantz »

That is a conspiracy theory for the ages... and not one very well thought out.

VOTE: diego1487

Picking up where I left off yesterday.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:35 pm

That is an interesting story but I don't understand the cost/benefit of what you are suggesting. I can't see how it really helps them to communicate subtly on a target while risking looking like they are communicating. I don't really see it, but I will give it a look over again.

@ Drixx: Okay now where do you want to go?

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 463, Diego1487 wrote:
@mod: did you prod Bitmap, or did he asked to be replaced? I don't see where you prodded him?

He requested replacement.

Also,

Seraphim replaces Bitmap.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:54 pm

Welcome Seraphim, I would love to hear your prospective on the game when you get the chance.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 465, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:That is an interesting story but I don't understand the cost/benefit of what you are suggesting. I can't see how it really helps them to communicate subtly on a target while risking looking like they are communicating. I don't really see it, but I will give it a look over again.

@ Drixx: Okay now where do you want to go?

Because I'm the only one who thought Ika was ridiculously over the top scummy yesterday? Did
anyone
seriously want to just leave him sitting there until endgame?

One place I'd like go go ... carefully ... is to the implications of nobody dying at night yet. Some of the potential reasons in the possibility space could, I think, be super helpful for finding scum. A discussion that isn't rolefishing oriented might help the PR(s) decide if they should speak up or not. I haven't really thought all the way through the implications enough to be certain; however, it seems like the scum certainly have to be ahead of the town in figuring out the setup, and what we can deduce from what the PR(s) know could range from useless to potentially game winning.

Also, I'm not sure I should dismiss Diego's case completely out of hand. It doesn't seem like the sort of contrived case scum would make. If I can say it this way: it almost seems too scummy to be a scum play. What he pointed out is certainly not out of the realm of simple coincidence, but I've also seen stranger things from scum teams. And I have to admit that it's fairly subtle and I wouldn't probably have even noticed it, if it turns out to actually be scum communicating in plain sight.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Why the fuck is it Day 3 with only one person dead?

Anyway, I'll read this tomorrow or at the very worst this weekend. I'll get to it soon is what I'm saying.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:24 pm

@Drixx I asked you specifically because I asked you yesterday when you were sure ika was scum what else you were thinking. You proceeded to give me a response which consisted mostly of how scummy Ika was. I know you thought ika was scum but that doesn't mean you stop hunting and wait for the flip. We still had time left in the deadline. It was really a fluke that the day ended when it did. (Unless it wasn't) It just seemed like you had got your man and weren't interested in thinking about anything else until ika was lynched. That's why I asked you what I did yesterday and why I specifically asked you this today. No you were not the only one who thought ika was ridiculously over the top scummy, I didn't say that.

Obviously something weird is going on with the night kills. I feel like two missed kills is pretty unusual.

Do you think there is something behind what Diego is saying? This might be something that anyone can chime in with but what purpose does a scum DDD get out of signaling his scum partner Bitmap to target Diego? DDD made no real moves against Diego himself. I ISO'd DDD and his read on Diego has been consistently null from what I gather. Maybe Diego, you can point out the benefit of this plan since you're the one who noticed it/brought it up.

I want to take a second look at Zombiekitty though. I thought you were town. I'm not so sure anymore. You thought ika was at 3, which meant that you thought your vote would put him at L-1 a fact which you neglected to mention in your vote. Typically you want to mention that, so the day doesn't end early and the town has more precious time to discuss things and hunt scum. Then again NumberQ didn't do it either.

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:04 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 461, Diego1487 wrote:This conversation was one of the first things that made me nervous about this pair. It was random, and I didn't understand the point. However, I believe it was used to cover up day talk on strategy. DDD makes hardcore emphasis to the number 3 in the above post. I looked, and I am the third player listed in the first post by the moderator. I feel its DDD telling Bitmap to go after me for the lynch.

So pregame Bitmap and I were talking in our scum QT and I told him, Bitmap you need to have exactly the 13th and 23rd posts in the game so that 30 some odd posts into the game I can signal to you that I want the third person in the game lynched but don't want to get my hands dirty.

In post 461, Diego1487 wrote:I believe this is continued "scum strategy." Bitmap is telling DDD that he didn't pick up the secret text??

And then despite me specifically telling him that and him doing it, he forgot our secret me saying the number 3 code, what a maroon.

In post 461, Diego1487 wrote:Bitmap puts a hollow attempt to start a bandwagon on me, just as requested.

Damn right, it took him six days to do what I wanted but we got there by golly.

~~

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:07 am

In post 471, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 461, Diego1487 wrote:Bitmap puts a hollow attempt to start a bandwagon on me, just as requested.

Damn right, it took him
six
days to do what I wanted but we got there by golly.

Uh oh, nobody better vote for, checks sixth player in Alive list, Drixx or Diego will think you're my partner in secret collusion.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:11 am

Anyways, besides being hilarious, Diego's post was actually really useful. I mean Diego is way town for that nonsense. There is no way scum exhibit that sort of paranoia, why would scum think they're being suspected, they know they're not being targeted and scum would actually come up with a decent reason for suspecting someone instead of that. That is pure Grade A town crazy.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Diego1487 »

Well, based on the reactions, I figured I needed to update my pic.

DDD, look, I don't have all of it figured out. I can't, I wasn't there pre-game. But, I don't think it went anyway you just described. More likely, the conversation went, "Bitmap, I'm going to leak to you who I want you to go after. Pay attention, it'll be disguised."

Is it so crazy that you, or any scum for that matter, would attempt to converse with a scum partner in-game? It was very subtle, and easily dismissed and it seems everyone is doing just that.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”