Mini 1646: Quil's Smalltown (Game over!)

Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:14 am

Post by Quilford »

• Vote count 1.9

Aronis (4)— DeasVail, Marquis, Flubbernugget, xRECKONERx
    Pine (3)— Grib, Jake from State Farm, farside22
    Grib (2)— Antihero, Jingle
    farside22 (1)— Pine
    Jingle (1)— Shiidaji
    Bookitty (1)— Aronis

Not Voting (1)— Bookitty

It takes 7 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

> Day 1 will be 10 days long. It ends in (expired on 2015-02-24 21:15:09). <

Mod notes

Page top, yeah yeah yeahhh~~~

Remember, you can request an updated Role PM containing your selected role's info any time you like, as detailed in the Setup post.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:19 am

Post by Grib »

Yay, things to respond to.

I'm running on 4 hours of sleep so I'll post tonight.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm okay with an Aronis lynch at this point because I did everything I could think of to get him to post content and help town, including pressuring him heavily and then leaving him alone as per his request. I'm not sure he's scum. I just know that he's unhelpful and unreadable and that he can't be cleared through investigation, so we're going to have to lynch him sooner or later anyway. That doesn't have to be today though.

I support the Grib wagon for reasons I've already given. I don't see a reason that he would keep his RVS vote on Pine while saying that he supports my wagon. It's like he doesn't want to be on my wagon himself but he'd like to see it progress a little further. Just not with HIM on it. But everyone else, Grib says it's okay. That seems pretty duplicitous to me. If you don't care enough to move your RVS vote, then your support is pretty meaningless.

VOTE: Grib

I have a moderate townread on Farside. Waiting to hear more from Pine.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Boo: You are kind of giving me fits with the aronis support but not really supporting it either.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:35 am

Post by Bookitty »

Okay. I have a selfish reason for wanting to lynch Aronis. I can't investigate him. All my other scumreads (and I'm playing most of those fairly close to the vest for a reason) I have a shot at catching. Not him.

I don't want the day to end yet because I need a lot more interaction with people. Voting Aronis now makes it less likely I choose right tonight.

I'm also considering having everyone who is willing to do so tell me three names they think are the most likely scum and working from that list. In that case, I'll happily lynch Aronis whenever.

What do you think of Grib, Farside?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:10 am

Post by Grib »

In post 296, farside22 wrote:Do you think aronis is scum? Did you think boo was using his role as a reason to lynch him or was it more about what he said this game?

I think the issue that grib has anti is silly. Looks to me anti may have done that to get a reaction to try and read grib better.

Not especially, but now I'm starting to agree that the whole him not posting thing is a possible Thing. Other than that I don't feel any particular way about him.

Boo's posts feel really self-motivated (fake edit: confirmed by her) and her push on Aronis feels like it's waaay more focused on his role than his actual gameplay. The problem I have is that Aronis is sort of justifying her a little bit in that he isn't especially towny
and
his role renders him basically invisible to town PRs. Her ISO posts (32-36) were bad (I can sort of get her misunderstanding my wording, but eh).

I like being silly with Anti.

In post 302, Bookitty wrote:I support the Grib wagon for reasons I've already given. I don't see a reason that he would keep his RVS vote on Pine while saying that he supports my wagon. It's like he doesn't want to be on my wagon himself but he'd like to see it progress a little further. Just not with HIM on it. But everyone else, Grib says it's okay. That seems pretty duplicitous to me. If you don't care enough to move your RVS vote, then your support is pretty meaningless.

"Reasons."

UNVOTE:

I'd maybe lynch Kitty, and I can also switch to Aronis later if necessary (unless he gets in here and towns it to the max), since he's likely going to be the deadline lynch. Unless I end up dead D1, which wouldn't be horrible considering my role is kind of useless and I can already tell this is going to be a weak towngame for me.

No one else sticks out to me.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Marquis »

we should commit to the aronis lynch sooner rather than later

I'm not moving
link in bio
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:27 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 306, Marquis wrote:we should commit to the aronis lynch sooner rather than later

I'm not moving

Who are your top three scumreads, please?

Same question for everyone. If you're set to lynch Aronis sooner rather than later, then I need your help.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:29 am

Post by Aronis »

Bookitty, please vote me or don't. But this on the rope stuff is stupid.

Jake is prob town. Anti might be scum. Slight lean town on Grib.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:51 am

Post by Marquis »

aronis so i'm guessing by lack of response that i was right and that line of questioning was just filler and you didn't actually care??? sounds right

aronis jake andddd pine/jingle/idk??

quilford can u pls reorganize the first post playerlist by pick order? it's very confusing atm since i forget some parts match and some don't
link in bio
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 309, Marquis wrote:aronis so i'm guessing by lack of response that i was right and that line of questioning was just filler and you didn't actually care??? sounds right

quilford can u pls reorganize the first post playerlist by pick order? it's very confusing atm since i forget some parts match and some don't

I don't exactly understand what you're trying to see, but at the moment I really don't care because it looks like I'm going to get policy lynched.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Aronis »

See=say
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:47 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I don't have anyone to sheep this game, this is hard.
green shirt thursdays
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

I'm so sorry Q and everyone else, had RL issues and I'm not able to focus on this game right now.

request replacement

Unvote
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 304, Bookitty wrote:Okay. I have a selfish reason for wanting to lynch Aronis. I can't investigate him. All my other scumreads (and I'm playing most of those fairly close to the vest for a reason) I have a shot at catching. Not him.

I don't want the day to end yet because I need a lot more interaction with people. Voting Aronis now makes it less likely I choose right tonight.

I'm also considering having everyone who is willing to do so tell me three names they think are the most likely scum and working from that list. In that case, I'll happily lynch Aronis whenever.

What do you think of Grib, Farside?

This isn't a very good idea. The scum is just likely to use whichever member is not on anyone's lists. If I were you I would either target a scumread I wasn't very vocal about or one of the questionable PR's to ensure they are using their action in a protown manner.

To that end, you go last in the claiming night actions tree.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:24 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 308, Aronis wrote:Bookitty, please vote me or don't. But this on the rope stuff is stupid.

Jake is prob town. Anti might be scum. Slight lean town on Grib.

Why?

Marquis wrote:aronis so i'm guessing by lack of response that i was right and that line of questioning was just filler and you didn't actually care??? sounds right

Why? I mean, I get the aronis thing a little. But what's your reasoning on Jake, me and pine?
This is a Parachute.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 314, Jingle wrote:The scum is just likely to use whichever member is not on anyone's lists.

I was sort of hoping that we'd be more accurate than that. But even that gives me information that can be used effectively, if you think about it.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Quilford »

• Vote count 1.10

Aronis (4)— DeasVail, Marquis, Flubbernugget, xRECKONERx
    Grib (3)— Antihero, Jingle, Bookitty
    Pine (1)— farside22
    farside22 (1)— Pine
    Jingle (1)— Shiidaji
    Bookitty (1)— Aronis

Not Voting (2)— Grib, Jake from State Farm

It takes 7 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

> Day 1 will be 10 days long. It ends in (expired on 2015-02-24 21:15:09). <

Mod notes

Replacing Jake from State Farm. Prodding Shiidaji.

Remember, you can request an updated Role PM containing your selected role's info any time you like, as detailed in the Setup post.

In post 309, Marquis wrote:

Sure!
    Give me a few.
    Done.
Last edited by Quilford on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 295, Jingle wrote:

Discuss.

I think grib is town
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:52 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 318, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 295, Jingle wrote:

Discuss.

I think grib is town

I do not. What has he done that makes you think he is town? Alternatively, why should I vote whoever you are voting?
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 316, Bookitty wrote:
In post 314, Jingle wrote:The scum is just likely to use whichever member is not on anyone's lists.

I was sort of hoping that we'd be more accurate than that. But even that gives me information that can be used effectively, if you think about it.

In which case town will really have their shit together and we probably don't need PR's at all. More importantly though, trackers are high utility in the lategame, not the early game, and pointing you at any specific player only reduces the chances that it will be useful.

I'm both too drunk and too apathetic to make a case on Grib tonight. Maybe tomorrow before work, but I'm getting shitfaced for a buddy's birthday after work, so no promises at all.
This is a Parachute.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:33 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 305, Grib wrote:Boo's posts feel really self-motivated (fake edit: confirmed by her) and her push on Aronis feels like it's waaay more focused on his role than his actual gameplay.

I freely confess that it's to the advantage of my role to eliminate a player that can't be read. I have done my best to get a read from Aronis. I haven't voted him and I feel like I've given him every possible chance and encouragement to play his role so that he could be read. We have competing meta reads on him and I have no personal experience there. From my perspective, Aronis could do the night kill every night and I have zero chance to see it, so if he's scum he could make my role useless. His is the only role that could do that, so I really really wanted to get some kind of definite read on him. I failed.

I want my role to be used effectively and not to have been a waste. I feel like I have a limited shelf-life anyway because of that role, just like Aronis, so I feel urgency to try to figure things out and make the most of the time I have. As Jingle points out, it's possible that town will figure it all out without my help. That would be great, but I'd like to feel I DID help in some way. I am unlikely to be around for the late game given my role. To me, it's important to do what I can now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:17 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 313, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm so sorry Q and everyone else, had RL issues and I'm not able to focus on this game right now.

request replacement

Unvote

Don't know whether you'll read my post, but please don't feel guilty about this whatsoever. RL issues make it incredibly hard to muster motivation for a mafia game, and I hope things go as well as they can.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:22 am

Post by DeasVail »

I am back and it is time! As for whether MIA periods are likely to occur again, I'm just as in the dark as the rest of you, so we can sit here in suspense together!

I also don't really remember properly what my thoughts were. I know that I was thinking that Aronis might be town for his lack of attempt to really look town (especially with his Ascetic pick), but I am currently reading through the thread so we'll see what happens!

In post 184, farside22 wrote:@dv: I don't like boo's approach to aronis and the focus on the ability over and over is a big red flag.

I see your point and I'll review Bookitty after I catch up on the thread.

I actually have no idea who to read as what in this Bookitty vs. Farside thing. It might be my mood or the fact that it's late (for me), so I'll try again tomorrow. Leaning towards both being town maybe, but again, I'm probably going to have a better look at things tomorrow!

Bookitty, can you talk me through the thought process leading to your unvote of Farside? I also worry that while you are considering the 'why would town act like this?' question when it comes to Aronis, you're not considering the 'why would scum act like this?' one.

In post 216, Bookitty wrote:Basically, I see two ways to look at picking your role here if you're town. You either pick a role you think will be helpful for town or you pick a role to keep it away from scum.

Picking a role just because you think it'd be fun is a reason too. This is my second pick-your-power style game, and in neither has my role choice come down to a super strategic decision so much as 'this would be kind of fun!'

One thing I'm finding about Bookitty is that her suspicions are largely based on how pro-town someone is and may not be what I'd expect from her as town. I don't think I have the sufficient experience with her play to tell whether this is a playstyle thing or a potentially scummy thing though.

Antihero, why is Reck town?

I'm feeling all icky and confused about Grib. Had him as town, but the way he tries to reinforce how he's town in feels possibly scummy. Again, I'm putting off a closer read until tomorrow.

In post 302, Bookitty wrote:I'm okay with an Aronis lynch at this point because I did everything I could think of to get him to post content and help town, including pressuring him heavily and then leaving him alone as per his request.

Do you think it's unlikely he'd actually respond in this way as scum though? I don't mean this as one of those questions where I'm asserting that my opinion is superior in a patronizing way. I'm genuinely curious because while I really want to think that Aronis is scum for reasons that are probably confirmation bias, I am having trouble justifying my scumread in the face of his apparent lack of care for the fact that there is a wagon on him.

In post 304, Bookitty wrote:I'm also considering having everyone who is willing to do so tell me three names they think are the most likely scum and working from that list. In that case, I'll happily lynch Aronis whenever.

I would like you to choose whoever you think. I would detest having a role of mine directed and if someone tried I would probably do something completely different out of stubbornness.

In post 306, Marquis wrote:we should commit to the aronis lynch sooner rather than later

I'm not moving

I'd very much like your opinion on my doubts when it comes to Aronis actually. I think he's town for the way he's responded to suspicion on him and the wagon, but if you can convince me otherwise then I will be free to lynch him without guilt and I kind of wouldn't mind that.

-

So you're not going to get any solid reads from me tonight because from my read-through of the thread I'm in this weird place where I think everyone is town and that we're skipping along some yellow brick road to smalltown heaven or something. I am caught up though and I plan to work on getting my reads together tomorrow.

I have just at this very moment started to consider Reck as scum and my tired mind is kind of liking it. Will I feel the same way tomorrow? Find out... tomorrow!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:25 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm town reading grib.

Boo and jingle: why the scum read?

Scum read: pine, Jake, boo, aronis
In that order of scumminess.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”