Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:04 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 470, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:Do you think there is something behind what Diego is saying? This might be something that anyone can chime in with but what purpose does a scum DDD get out of signaling his scum partner Bitmap to target Diego? DDD made no real moves against Diego himself. I ISO'd DDD and his read on Diego has been consistently null from what I gather. Maybe Diego, you can point out the benefit of this plan since you're the one who noticed it/brought it up.

Both scum do not have to be on a wagon for it to be a scum play. The benefit of the plan is a more cohesive strategy on targets. Mafia is balanced because scum have a built-in advantage of knowledge. Using this knowledge to their advantage can swing the game in their favor. Because Bitmap was the only other scum, he would be the only one to know what to look for.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:33 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 473, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Anyways, besides being hilarious, Diego's post was actually really useful. I mean Diego is way town for that nonsense. There is no way scum exhibit that sort of paranoia, why would scum think they're being suspected, they know they're not being targeted and scum would actually come up with a decent reason for suspecting someone instead of that. That is pure Grade A town crazy.

This. I mean, I tried to leave the door open a little bit to not calling someone "Grade A crazy", but that was so incredibly far from a scum post, I about sneezed out my tea last night when I saw people scum reading him for it. I have to inject more snark into my play.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:59 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 474, Diego1487 wrote:DDD, look, I don't have all of it figured out. I can't, I wasn't there pre-game. But, I don't think it went anyway you just described. More likely, the conversation went, "Bitmap, I'm going to leak to you who I want you to go after. Pay attention, it'll be disguised."

Is it so crazy that you, or any scum for that matter, would attempt to converse with a scum partner in-game? It was very subtle, and easily dismissed and it seems everyone is doing just that.

Fine, I'll treat this with a seriousness it doesn't deserve. I'm pretty sure the only thing I say pre-game to my scum partner if I say anything at all is some general advice about having an opinion. Second, I don't attempt to communicate with my scum partners in thread since the newbie setup removed scum role cops from the potential list of powers (except maybe to try to organize a quick hammer in town LYLO). That's self-meta so feel free to take it with a grain of salt but I encourage you to do some research and I think what you'll find backs up my statements.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:27 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

I was running under the, I guess misguided assumption that scum did not have the ability to talk to their partners prior to day one, which to makes the whole thing all the more ridiculous of an idea. But I suppose if they did have the chance to discuss beforehand then it makes it a bit more plausible. I still don't really buy it.

I'd like to get an opinion on this, does anyone find it odd that neither NumberQ (who put ika at L-1) or zombiekitty (who admitted to thinking they were the 4th vote thus thinking he put ika at L-1) bothered to mention that they were putting ika at l-1?
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:35 am

Post by Diego1487 »

Yes, I consider it scummy for both. However, I feel Zombie's reaction in post is genuine. It reads town to me b/c she did not want to quick lynch on day 2, which is a scum move in general.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:42 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 478, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:I was running under the, I guess misguided assumption that scum did not have the ability to talk to their partners prior to day one,

You basically just confirmed yourself town in my eyes. Post is argued on the premise that you believe scum can't talk pre-game, and you'd know that you could if you were scum in this game.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:06 am

Post by numberQ »

The more Diego explains his theory and the more people talk about it, the more I agree that it's too bold and crazy for scum to put out there.

UNVOTE:

But now I'm out of scum reads. Guess I'll read over the thread again while waiting for Seraphim and zombiekitty to post.

In post 478, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:I'd like to get an opinion on this, does anyone find it odd that neither NumberQ (who put ika at L-1) or zombiekitty (who admitted to thinking they were the 4th vote thus thinking he put ika at L-1) bothered to mention that they were putting ika at l-1?

I wasn't even thinking of that. I guess I probably should have mentioned L-1, but ika was scummy enough that I don't regret it.
Hey!
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:24 am

Post by zombiekitty »

In post 460, numberQ wrote:VOTE: Diego
@zombiekitty
, you've had your flip. Any notable reads?

I'm starting to get suspicious on the Bitmap slot, and maybe the letters/Brantz as well, but more on the Bitmap slot. Will do a proper read through the game tomorrow or the day after on my day off.

In post 470, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:You thought ika was at 3, which meant that you thought your vote would put him at L-1 a fact which you neglected to mention in your vote. Typically you want to mention that, so the day doesn't end early and the town has more precious time to discuss things and hunt scum.

I never had to mention the whole L-1 thing before so I never thought of mentioning L-1 there, though I can see why it's handy to actually mention that because of things like what happened yesterday, hammer voting him by accident >.<

Anyways, I had multiple purposes on wanting to put him at L-1, apart from having him as strong scum read. I wanted to see if he would react the same as when he was put on L-1 early on day 2. Also wanted to see if somebody would retract their vote from him right away after seeing him on L-1. Guess that failed too x.x

I don't really agree with Diego's theory about Bitmap and DDD. I can't see both of them paired, but then again, who knows. I remember Bitmap reading DDD as town quite early on day 1 and it made me think that he maybe he's scum doing it to avoid going against the IC and not attempt to cast shade on him.
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:33 am

Post by zombiekitty »

Somebody should put a big warning sign beside an L-1 vote next time :lol:

WARNING:
L-1 vote
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 3.01

Diego1487 (1)- BRantz

Not voting: zombiekitty, Diego1487, ForWhomTheJellyRolls, Drixx, Seraphim, Debonair Danny DiPietro, numberQ

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline

5th March, 7am AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-03-04 16:00:00).
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Yeah, I'll get to this tomorrow, I promise.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:15 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 481, numberQ wrote:But now I'm out of scum reads. Guess I'll read over the thread again while waiting for Seraphim and zombiekitty to post.

Let me help you then with that scum read.

VOTE: numberQ
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:40 am

Post by BRantz »

UNVOTE:

@zombie: While I agree that warning about L-1 probably should have been given (especially since this is a newbie game), you should get in the habit of counting the votes yourself before voting if it is close. There are plenty of times in the other types of games here that people will put someone at L-1 and say nothing, so it is worth getting used to. What is your suspicion of bitmap/ what caused the suspicion?

Why are people not using their votes? You would think we were in LyLo or MyLo.

VOTE: ForwhomtheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:45 am

Yeah good point BRantz. I am being way too reserved with my vote.

VOTE: NumberQ

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Well I'm about halfway in and I'm pretty sure I know who the scum are already. I'll finish reading just to make sure I'm not wrong.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Alriiiiiight I'm drunk lets get this party started.

So DDD is scum. I am like 85% sure. I am also pretty sure that BRantz is his scumpartner.

Vote: DDD

There are two players that I think are confirmed town at this point basically: those players are Diego and Drixx. Both are waaaaay too honest to be scum and if they are scum it's one of the most compelling performances I've ever seen.

I will be watching the remaining players obviously. I don't have anything specific questions about what's gone down so far because quite frankly I don't know how useful that would be.

The ika lynch doesn't surprise me but it is still unfortunate; there was definitely a point where it was fairly obvious that he was town but hindsight is 20-20 I suppose.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:02 pm

Why do you think it's DDD and BRantz?

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Strong gut reads. Also BRantz's predecessor was scummy as hell. DDD, as ika so wonderfully pointed out for us, DDD is usually way more aggressive than he is currently. Instead, he has been wishy-washy and non-committal. It is time to take him down.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:16 pm

I agree that BRantz's predecessor was scummy. So is you're case on DDD is that he is not as aggressive as he usually is? I noticed you have a quote from him in your sig. Are you pretty familiar with his gameplay?

Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Haha that was from a long time ago. But yes, generally speaking DDD tends to play very aggressive. Even if we assume he's having an "off game," he does not pursue any player with any sort of energy and sort of seems to passively move from wagon to wagon. His vote for NumberQ comes off as weak to me. Just ISO him and you'll see what I mean.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Drixx »

The problem I'm having reading people is trying to account for the lack of night kills. It's the huge elephant in the room, and I can't be the only one kicking it around upstairs and wondering how much it is impacting the conversation.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:39 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I feel it like this: if it's the Doctor, we have two confirmed town players. If it's a Jailkeeper, they might want to consider claiming especially if they've protected the same person twice idk

Im pretty drunk so I should be taken with a grain of salt
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:44 pm

@ Seraphim I can understand what you mean. I get a kind of passive vibe from him, and I am not sure if it is a lack of interest or perhaps related to the somewhat slow progress of this game. I feel like pretty much everyone could be more actively engaged in this game. I will take a look at his ISO although I got a different impression from his NumberQ vote than you did.

PEDIT: We do have a lack of info in that regard but it's not like we have no information at all and cannot generate reads on people. Sure it's an elephant in the room, but we can't really do much about it. Analysis of night kills is not the only way to scumhunt. I really don't know what power rolls should do in this situation, and have had little experience in my games with claiming and what not unless it was like the tracker or cop who caught the last scum out of Lylo thus enabling the game to end so I am not the guy to ask.

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm just trying to figure out how scum would play this situation. We have some folks being fairly active, and some posting the bare minimum, and I think even some who haven't posted yet this day phase?
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 496, Seraphim wrote:I feel it like this: if it's the Doctor, we have two confirmed town players. If it's a Jailkeeper, they might want to consider claiming especially if they've protected the same person twice idk

Im pretty drunk so I should be taken with a grain of salt

There's too many "ifs" for me. One-shot bulletproof could have been night one or two. The jailor could have jailed the scum or victim. The doctor could have saved the bulletproof townie or targeted the scum when the bulletproof was hit.

I just don't see any reason the town should want claims today.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”