Micro 447: Shameless Mafia -- Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by insanity018 »

As a result, the eldest Gallagher child, Fiona has been responsible for raising her younger siblings. She is often working multiple jobs to pay for food and to ensure that the family has electricity during winter.

Votecount 1.2

TierShift
(3): Aneninen, Alchemist21, dodgy56
ArcAngel9
(1): estival
Alchemist21
(1): TierShift
Aneninen
(1): ArcAngel9
shos
(1): This Christmas

Not Voting
(2): shos, Toon Fighter

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2015-03-07 20:04:00)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:03 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 40, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 39, TierShift wrote:Then why did you say you did in #23?

As for the answer to your question, long or short version?

I didn't say you were; I asked if you were.

Long version should be a more detailed explanation, so let's go with that.

Actually, no, long version comes after anen responds. It's mostly theory talk, though.

If I get it right, you are saying that your vote in #24 wasn't because you were scumreading me for claiming scum with dodgy in #23?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:05 pm

Post by TierShift »

In post 48, dodgy56 wrote:yeah so tier is likely scum.

Because?
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

Hi . Who is familiar with the source material? I've seen every episode :p

Who thinks a massclaim can be helpful to town? Should we try to break this game D1? I support this motion. Carl Gallagher here

Also, Tiershift's wagon seems a bit too big for the size of the game. Will abstain from voting for now because RVS seems over and I don't know where to put my vote for now.
~Toon fighter~
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:00 am

Post by TierShift »

I used to be against flavourclaiming but as of recently I don't really care for it anymore either way.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:09 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 21, Alchemist21 wrote:Why would anyone have been talking about your scum meta in the scum PT if you're not scum?

Sorry to say, that question made no sense. If I were scum, why would anyone need to talk about my scumplay in the PT?

In post 22, TierShift wrote:lol can we lynch dodgy first?

As for this,
In post 31, Alchemist21 wrote:22 makes me think you're scum, and know Anene is wrong but you want to use Anen's theory to try and get Dodgy lynched before yourself.
Seriously, if you're not scum you need to give a serious response to Anen's post instead of asking to lynch Dodgy first.

Both of those are possible. Although I still think I was right in .

I also think Tiershift's avoiding answering Alchemist's posts and also misrepresents him. Eg. in he posted
"You're avoiding my question. Did you or did you not believe I was admitting to being scum with dodgy?"
– however it was clear that Alchemist didn't believe that I'm right.

In post 42, This Christmas wrote:Where
Is
Tiershift's
Slip?

– this explains it.

In post 48, dodgy56 wrote:yeah so tier is likely scum. (anen why would i talk about your scum meta, i was alive for 1 day in a game in which you were scum and i barely read the rest of the thread? Also note that in that game i read you as scum and jailed you n1)

The part in the brackets is true, I think. You indeed jailed me at Night1; I don't remember your read on me but I assume you wouldn't have jailed me if you had thought that I'd been town.
But, calling Tiershift a likely scum in this situation, without any explanation is scummy.

In post 53, Toon Fighter wrote:Hi . Who is familiar with the source material? I've seen every episode :p
Who thinks a massclaim can be helpful to town? Should we try to break this game D1? I support this motion. Carl Gallagher here
Also, Tiershift's wagon seems a bit too big for the size of the game. Will abstain from voting for now because RVS seems over and I don't know where to put my vote for now.

I don't think claiming the roles would help. Either they won't tell us who the scums are or the scums have safe-fakeclaims in their PM.
As for the Tiershift-wagon: read the thread and you'll find the answer. It's not RVS at all.

In post 54, TierShift wrote:I used to be against flavourclaiming but as of recently I don't really care for it anymore either way.

Sorry, Tier, because I know that I'm "Regardless of Card"-ing right now. (I scumread everything about you because of that slip, regardless of everything.)
But, this post seems as if you had (have?) given up it.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:49 am

Post by TierShift »

Do you believe I slipped being scum with dodgy? Why are you then not treating dodgy as scum?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:51 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 55, Aneninen wrote:I also think Tiershift's avoiding answering Alchemist's posts and also misrepresents him. Eg. in 37 he posted "You're avoiding my question. Did you or did you not believe I was admitting to being scum with dodgy?" – however it was clear that Alchemist didn't believe that I'm right.

except in 23 and 24 he
does
imply that he's believing your story because of my post.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:18 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 56, TierShift wrote:Do you believe I slipped being scum with dodgy? Why are you then not treating dodgy as scum?

Just because a part of his post was true (and a null-tell in itself), I think he's too scum. I wrote that too in .

In post 57, TierShift wrote:
In post 55, Aneninen wrote:I also think Tiershift's avoiding answering Alchemist's posts and also misrepresents him. Eg. in 37 he posted "You're avoiding my question. Did you or did you not believe I was admitting to being scum with dodgy?" – however it was clear that Alchemist didn't believe that I'm right.

except in 23 and 24 he
does
imply that he's believing your story because of my post.

And he posted eg. in and in that you want to lynch him because you know that he's town. You still asked the thing above in .
This Christmas
This Christmas
Goon
This Christmas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:31 am

Post by This Christmas »

Re: Alchemist

20 and 22 are redonkulous
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:32 am

Post by TierShift »

I get that now. I thought he was voting me for what he said in 23, that I admitted to being scum with dodgy. That is why I thought he was scum; I thought he changed his story after first not believing you.

I know your scumgame is good because I saw it nominated for a scummy. I (closely) follow the nominations, as is evidenced by my egopost in that specific thread. That is the reason I knew it; it would be nonsensical to talk with a scumbuddy about every townie's scum meta.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:52 am

Post by TierShift »

Alchemist is town, btw.

VOTE: dodgy
he probably isn't.
Come in and talk, boy.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Aneninen »

In post 60, TierShift wrote:
I know your scumgame is good because I saw it nominated for a scummy. I (closely) follow the nominations, as is evidenced by my egopost in that specific thread. That is the reason I knew it; it would be nonsensical to talk with a scumbuddy about every townie's scum meta.

My problem is that I simply can't ignore your , and I don't think I'll ever be able to drop the idea that it was a slip. So I examine all of your posts assuming that you're scum.
For example this one. Yes, we were nominated, I was in an excellent team (Wicked and Heartless). It
is
possible that you saw that but if so, you would have mentioned it
right after
my post about your slip.

So, everyone: here's my idea.
I can't imagine anyone as scum but Tiershift and Dodgy. Because of this, I don't think I can do anything useful Today.
So, let's lynch Tiershift. (Eg. Alchemist thinks that my read about the slip is wrong but Tieshift is scum because of his other posts.)

If he flips town, it's clear that my reads were wrong (and I'm really sorry, of course).
But
in this case you may think that I'm scum who has set up a clever mislynch and it would be risky with an unconfirmed-me in the town. (I'm town but I can't proove it.) So, fire away any kind of investigation you have on me at Night1. (Yes, I might have some kind of immunity, eg. Ninja, but because I have no idea about the Setup I can't have immunity against everything. Jailkeeper doesn't work, it would proove nothing, I suppose. Even a town-Vig shot would be useful, I think.)

If he flips scum, there are two players to be investigated: Dodgy and me. (Why me? Even if Tiershift flips scum, I could be his buddy, who tries to get away with a shrewd Day1-bussing.) Hopefully, by Day2 either Dodgy or me will be confirmed in either way.

Of course, regardless of the flip DO NOT CLAIM any PR prematurely; only if you have a sure read on anyone.

Discuss!

I'm adding this prematurely: Tiershift, if you're scum (especially if you're scum with Dodgy) but my read is wrong and there was no slip at all, I'm really, really sorry for spoiling your game. I don't think it's fair to catch a scum merely by sheer luck instead of good scumhunting.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:00 am

Post by TierShift »

Alchemist, here is the explanation you wanted.
In this game (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=60039), I decided to progress RVS quicker by going along with the obvious gambit, essentially lying up to page 3/4. That turned out very well. I got some reads off it, RVS ended quickly and it was a perfect town win.

I was pretty content with how I played that RVS there and tried to do something as to elicit a reaction from anen. I was under the assumption anen's case would not be followed (as it is pretty ridiculous), so I felt safe to portray myself as 'caught scum', posting throwaway remarks instead of responding, in the hopes of egging anen on and seeing what would happen. From town-him, I'd expect outrage over how I obviously avoided his case. From scum (I don't say scum-him as I don't have meta on that), I'd rather expect a somewhat grumpy response as others laughed at his case (which incidentally is part of the reason I'm townreading you, alchemist).

In the end, it did not turn out this way, as I am being wagoned. I do think my 22 was fruitful, though; I'm reasonably confident in my townread on you and I've found probable scum awkwardly jumping on my wagon. I also feel somewhat happy about the guy with the weed avatar.

As for why I shouldn't be voted for my #22: I could have very, very easily just outright said why I heard anen's scumgame was good. Attracting attention to myself instead has no scum motivation.

Alchemist, will you join me on dodgy? He's quite dodgy.
P-edit: wow that's quite a lot hehe
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:03 am

Post by TierShift »

Anen, ask yourself this:
1. How likely is it that I talked with my scumbuddy about a random townie's scum meta pre-game?
If you're having trouble answering this, take a look at a few scum PT's and look what pre-game discussions entail.
2. How likely is it that I regularly check a thread that I proved I subscribed to?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:06 am

Post by TierShift »

Btw add to #1 the chance that I actually drop something inthread that I learned in the current game's scum PT, lol. You can ask shos to assess this chance, he's played with scum-me.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:06 am

Post by TierShift »

Shooooooos I want you in heeere
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:30 am

Post by estival »

ToonFighter, I've only seen one episode but mass claiming is probably not the best idea. Why did you suggest it?

The conversation between TierShift, Alchemist, dodgy56, and Aienen seems based on some meta reads?

I can see why scum would talk about another players scum meta if they were to set them up for a lynch but it seems a bit reaching?
This Christmas
This Christmas
Goon
This Christmas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:51 am

Post by This Christmas »

In post 67, estival wrote:ToonFighter, I've only seen one episode but mass claiming is probably not the best idea. Why did you suggest it?

The conversation between TierShift, Alchemist, dodgy56, and Aienen seems based on some meta reads?

I can see why scum would talk about another players scum meta if they were to set them up for a lynch but it seems a bit reaching?

hold up there yo, why those questions in that passive voice

scum are talking the talk
walking the walk
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:54 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 67, estival wrote:The conversation between TierShift, Alchemist, dodgy56, and Aienen seems based on some meta reads?

Not really, actually. You should probably reread it. Do you get no reads out of it?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:56 am

Post by TierShift »

thischristmas are you a whomping willow alt?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 60, TierShift wrote:I get that now. I thought he was voting me for what he said in 23, that I admitted to being scum with dodgy. That is why I thought he was scum; I thought he changed his story after first not believing you.

Is that nomination in the 2014 thread or the 2015 thread?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:02 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

@Anen, I've seen scum talk about their own scumplay with each other in a scum PT, but not about the scumplay of the Townies in the game.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:17 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 71, Alchemist21 wrote:Is that nomination in the 2014 thread or the 2015 thread?

I think it was 2015. Go check it if you don't believe me.

I hope you're still writing your response to my 63!
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:36 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Found the nomination post. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 6#p6601866

In post 63, TierShift wrote:Alchemist, here is the explanation you wanted.
In this game (http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=60039), I decided to progress RVS quicker by going along with the obvious gambit, essentially lying up to page 3/4. That turned out very well. I got some reads off it, RVS ended quickly and it was a perfect town win.

I was pretty content with how I played that RVS there and tried to do something as to elicit a reaction from anen. I was under the assumption anen's case would not be followed (as it is pretty ridiculous), so I felt safe to portray myself as 'caught scum', posting throwaway remarks instead of responding, in the hopes of egging anen on and seeing what would happen. From town-him, I'd expect outrage over how I obviously avoided his case. From scum (I don't say scum-him as I don't have meta on that), I'd rather expect a somewhat grumpy response as others laughed at his case (which incidentally is part of the reason I'm townreading you, alchemist).

In the end, it did not turn out this way, as I am being wagoned. I do think my 22 was fruitful, though; I'm reasonably confident in my townread on you and I've found probable scum awkwardly jumping on my wagon. I also feel somewhat happy about the guy with the weed avatar.

As for why I shouldn't be voted for my #22: I could have very, very easily just outright said why I heard anen's scumgame was good. Attracting attention to myself instead has no scum motivation.

Alchemist, will you join me on dodgy? He's quite dodgy.
P-edit: wow that's quite a lot hehe

This explanation actually makes some sense. Did you manage to get a read on Anen or just Dodgy and myself? Why do you think Christmas is Town?

UNVOTE:

I want to hear more from Dodgy though. Specifically, why he chose to vote Tiershift rather than simply telling Anen they were wrong.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”