Mini 1646: Quil's Smalltown (Game over!)

Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Viomi »

Also I'm really sad Jake from State Farm got replaced by Victor cus Jake knows my playstyle ;3;
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by Viomi »

farside22, reck: What's your case on Pine? I mean he's inactive as hell and his posting past RVS is literally just fluff. I see no reason for your votes to be where they are when they could be somewhere helpful.

DeasVail: What's your case on Victor? Is it solely process of elimination because you don't want to lynch anybody else, or do you have an actual reason now?

Marquis is looking scummy as fuck over there still on Aronis... I've seen nothing helpful from Marquis, at all. Stop being useless please :L

BooKitty, I would like it if you'd at least try to defend yourself.. It makes me uneasy when someone isn't interested in giving information out.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Bookitty »

@Viomi: I'm not sure what you want me to defend myself against? I argued with Farside, I tried to determine Aronis's alignment since I can't investigate him in any way. You said things about me that were not true and I pointed them out. The rest is your opinion, real or faked, and is pretty seriously skewed.

I am not particularly interested in defending myself against what I see as a crap case. If you are to be believed, you ISO'd two people -- your own slot and my slot. Amished tell aside, that argues that you were only looking at me and at no one else from the second you came into the game. You don't even know the roles of some of the people on whom you are giving reads. Why would I take up time addressing a post that looks manufactured and contrived to push an agenda from the start?
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 427, Bookitty wrote:@Viomi: I'm not sure what you want me to defend myself against? I argued with Farside, I tried to determine Aronis's alignment since I can't investigate him in any way. You said things about me that were not true and I pointed them out. The rest is your opinion, real or faked, and is pretty seriously skewed.

I am not particularly interested in defending myself against what I see as a crap case. If you are to be believed, you ISO'd two people -- your own slot and my slot. Amished tell aside, that argues that you were only looking at me and at no one else from the second you came into the game. You don't even know the roles of some of the people on whom you are giving reads. Why would I take up time addressing a post that looks manufactured and contrived to push an agenda from the start?

My points still stand now that I've read the game- You disregarded them since I hadn't read the game at the time, so let me re-state some questions for you (please stop keeping information from town, thanks):

Why did you want to get rid of the Archivist role?

Why did you contradict yourself here?:
In post 87, Bookitty wrote:I don't really see the Marquis role-related suspicion right now.

Encryptor is of no use to town for sure. But it's very useful for scum and so there's this:

First-level: Scum would take Encryptor.
Second-level: Town would take Encryptor to keep it from scum.
Second-level: Scum might not want to take Encryptor to avoid being obvious.

It's all speculation and WIFOM.

In post 108, Bookitty wrote:Here is a list of the chosen roles in order. I was reminding myself about what Invictus and Insomniac do, so I went ahead and put it in order of choosing:

Marquis, the Encryptor
Aronis, the Ascetic
DeasVail, the Bulletproof
xRECKONERx, the One-Shot Cop
Pine, the Gentleman Thief
Bookitty, the Archivist
farside22, the Invictus
Jake from State Farm, the Roleblocker
Shiidaji, the Bodyguard
Grib, the Insomniac
Jingle, the Coroner
Antihero, the Universal Backup
Flubbernugget, the Vengeful Vanilliser

I don't think people at the bottom of this list can really be judged based solely on the role they chose. Just my opinion, though.

^ This implies that those near the top /can/ be judged based solely on the role they chose, otherwise you wouldn't specify "people at the bottom of this list", even though you just said that judging someone based solely on their role is WIFOM.

In post 148, Bookitty wrote:I haven't played with him before that I remember. My objection to him (apart from role related things, most notably the stutter-step about roleblocker vs. ascetic) is attitude. He's doling out information very sparingly and he seems really antagonistic in response to questions.

Antagonistic isn't a scum tell.. You already answered that your reason here was a lie and that you actually wanted him lynched for a selfish reason, so no need to answer it again.

In post 148, Bookitty wrote:I'm not terribly confident myself but I'm planning on asking who I should target and then picking semi-randomly from the responses given.
It's not like I need to hide in this game.

??? Why was the bold necessary to say?

In post 148, Bookitty wrote:I think if you pick a role that can't be read you ought to be willing to eat the lynch because it's going to be necessary unless you town it up incredibly and basically prove yourself through other means.

Why do you think he should eat the lynch for that role right after saying earlier that lynching someone for that reason was "speculation and WIFOM"? Do you think lynching him would really help town reach it's wincon?

In post 148, Bookitty wrote:If this is his playstyle, we're going to have to lynch him at some point anyway for being unreadable and/or scummy. Why shouldn't it be today?

He's not acting extremely scummy... As you state later, your reason is completely selfish: You can't read him. You do realize that trying to find scum and lynch scum D1 is more helpful than attempting to policy lynch D1, yes?

You seem to be asking why we don't lynch him today, yet your vote wasn't on him. Why weren't you voting him at this time?

In post 150, Bookitty wrote:Every reason you give for wanting to keep ascetic out of scum hands is a reason scum might want it.

AKA, it's WIFOM so I shouldn't consider it telling.

In post 150, Bookitty wrote:Choosing ascetic in the first place gives your slot an expiration date. I wouldn't think you'd be surprised that people want to lynch you since they can't investigate you. You're giving them nothing to read you with either.

You're right, it does give it an expiration date: If we're running out of options later game, then ascetic gets lynched.
Isn't this a very good reason why scum would
not
want to pick ascetic?
Last I checked scum didn't want roles with expiration dates.

Lastly, explain to me how this made you unvote, please:
In post 207, farside22 wrote:
In post 204, Jingle wrote:
In post 201, Marquis wrote:jingle and pine lynches are also good ideas

i'm still totally down for a pine lynch

What's the case on Pine?

Pine's still playing?

Sorry I'm getting a bit bitch.

Aronis not coming in does bother me.

I need to think.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I have answered all of these questions already, with the possible exception of one.

My selfish reason for wanting a role I can't investigate out of the game is that I can't investigate it; hence, if it's scum, it can do the nightkill every night and my role is useless. I selfishly don't want my role to be useless. I'd like to feel I have some impact on a town win.

If you read through my ISO, you'll see that all your other questions have been answered proactively or were answered after I was asked. Slanting your questions to try to scumpaint me doesn't change the answers.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 429, Bookitty wrote:I have answered all of these questions already, with the possible exception of one.

My selfish reason for wanting a role I can't investigate out of the game is that I can't investigate it; hence, if it's scum, it can do the nightkill every night and my role is useless. I selfishly don't want my role to be useless. I'd like to feel I have some impact on a town win.

If you read through my ISO, you'll see that all your other questions have been answered proactively or were answered after I was asked. Slanting your questions to try to scumpaint me doesn't change the answers.

I did read through your ISO... Hence my original wall. You're dodging questions. If you've answered them, could you quote me where you've answered them since I've obviously missed them?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:40 pm

Post by Quilford »

• Vote count 1.14

Viomi (5)— Antihero, Jingle, Bookitty, VictorDeAngelo, Flubbernugget
    Bookitty (2)— Aronis, Viomi
    Pine (2)— farside22, xRECKONERx
    Aronis (1)— Marquis
    VictorDeAngelo (1)— DeasVail
    farside22 (1)— Pine

Not Voting (1)— Shiidaji

It takes 7 to lynch or no lynch.

Deadline

> Day 1 will be 10 days long. The deadline has been paused with 3 days to go. <

Mod notes

Replacing Pine. The deadline is once again paused with 3 days to go.

Remember, you can request an updated Role PM containing your selected role's info any time you like, as detailed in the Setup post.
Last edited by Quilford on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Bookitty »

@Viomi: List your questions simply and succinctly and I'll put the quotes in. The way your post is structured, it's nearly impossible to answer without making a post that is far too long to expect anyone to read.

Slanting your questions in the way that you have been doing is probably not going to be too helpful, though. I think most players in this game can see through those kind of rhetorical tricks pretty easily.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:15 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 432, Bookitty wrote:@Viomi: List your questions simply and succinctly and I'll put the quotes in. The way your post is structured, it's nearly impossible to answer without making a post that is far too long to expect anyone to read.

Slanting your questions in the way that you have been doing is probably not going to be too helpful, though. I think most players in this game can see through those kind of rhetorical tricks pretty easily.

So you're dodging questions because you don't like the fact that some of them are rhetorical and pointing out fallacies in your logic?

Fine then, let me state them without context or meaning so you can answer them without context or meaning and avoid giving us information:

Why did you want to get rid of the Archivist role?
Do you disagree that you contradicted yourself in the places I quoted, and why?
Do you still want an Aronis lynch?
Do you disagree that picking ascetic is a really dumb move for scum?
Do you think a scum lynch or a policy lynch is more helpful on D1 in this situation?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by Antihero »

oh hey, so viomi, fun fact,

DON'T TALK ABOUT ONGOING GAMES OUTSIDE THIS THREAD

i'm fucking around on sitechat and flicking around right now i haven't read the walls and don't plan on doing so for a while
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 434, Antihero wrote:oh hey, so viomi, fun fact,

DON'T TALK ABOUT ONGOING GAMES OUTSIDE THIS THREAD

i'm fucking around on sitechat and flicking around right now i haven't read the walls and don't plan on doing so for a while

I didn't talk about it or say anything revealing at all;

But obviously it's a bit more uptight around here about that rule nowadays (based on what I saw from Nobody Special) so I'll refrain from it P:
Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 434, Antihero wrote:i haven't read the walls and don't plan on doing so for a while

So basically you plan on being as useless as possible?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by Antihero »

it doesn't matter if you say anything revealing or not. and it's not just me, THIS SITE IS A MAJOR STICKLER about that rule. for good reason too.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Antihero »

In post 436, Viomi wrote:
In post 434, Antihero wrote:i haven't read the walls and don't plan on doing so for a while

So basically you plan on being as useless as possible?

for tonight, yep

doin' other shit. this game's going to take an uninterrupted chunk of time i don't have right now
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 426, Viomi wrote:Marquis is looking scummy as fuck over there still on Aronis... I've seen nothing helpful from Marquis, at all. Stop being useless please :L

yeah normally i wouldn't contest this but in this case it's pretty damn wrong and insulting. dv and i individually developed scumreads on aronis for very similar reasons, and we both made distinct posts explaining why he's scum. the fact that dv's posts are more aesthetically pleasing and longer (not that it's bad of course) doesn't mean you get to dismiss what i've done as completely pointless.

and also, directly address my role choice instead of just waving a hand over the list in general with that "oh some picks are so scummy scummy" air. because that's pretty much what it sounds like.

...god, even taking your bs read on me out of the equation i'm still reading your entrance as horribly scummy. i'm trying to ignore the amished tell because i'm thinking you're experienced enough to know to avoid that as scum, and it could just be the indication that you're foot-in-mouth town. but i just disagree with so much of what you've already said in such a short span of time that it's really somehow unbelievable to me that you read the same thread i did. and while i want to think it makes you scum i think it's just more wifom for me because on the flip side why would scum do that. ew.
link in bio
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 426, Viomi wrote:farside22, reck: What's your case on Pine? I mean he's inactive as hell and his posting past RVS is literally just fluff. I see no reason for your votes to be where they are when they could be somewhere helpful.

In post 416, xRECKONERx wrote:Mmm.

He has done nothing and Pine is not a player who does nothing in games, meaning it's either a) strategic (warranting a vote) or b) accidental (warranting a wakeup call)
green shirt thursdays
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:44 pm

Post by Quilford »

• BBmolla replaces Pine. Thanks, and welcome!

The deadline will now resume at (expired on 2015-02-27 02:46:57), effective immediately.
Last edited by Quilford on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:45 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

unvote
green shirt thursdays
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:49 pm

Post by Quilford »

• Also, I'll prod Aronis in a few hours but not yet, given that he said he would not be available to post over the weekend.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

On a level of 1-10
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Post by BBmolla »

I'm town
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

I had time to devote to this, but I squandered it fruitlessly on stupid things. I apologize.

Tomorrow, I will post. I promise this to myself.

I am going to read the thread tonight and if I'm not satisfied lynching vi then I'll unvote. From the little I've seen I'm fine with it though.
This is a Parachute.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Reck I was gonna sheep you but then your vote was really bad
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Post by Jingle »

Hey, BB.
This is a Parachute.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Howdy

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”