Drawn on Arrival: The Movie: The Game (GAME OVER!)

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:21 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Wasn't bulge a self-watcher? q.q
Fuck, trying to parse this setup is going to make me go crazy.

Jackel wrote:Or about my obvious towniness.
I'll kill you.

P-Edit: @4nx, you're probably right. I shouldn't try to understand the setup when so little of it is out there yet. >.>
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:23 am

Post by Heartless »

well i mean parsing the setup w/ what's available now is pretty fucking bananas given only 4 flips + 2 claims in a 27 player game

multiple bp mutations isn't surprising given killing potential
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

It's just what's currently in my face is like "no kills should be happening" so it feels like some of it must be coming from scum but you guys are probably right that I'm just biased based on a small piece of the setup and I should move on to bigger and better things:

Sera wrote:pirate mollie and Heartless are both still incredibly town.
Hi guys this is the only thing that Sera said about Heartless D1. Sera's not going to give Heartless any kind of a benefit of the doubt based on their play this game because?????????
Yeah.
This vote is still really fucking good.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Sera counterwagoned ika.
He should probably know that he would look bad for it.
How can he not understand why people would think he's scummy today?
How can he immediately jump on a strong townread for mechanic-level stuff like this?
I'm calling bullshit the more I look at this.
Reina
Reina
Goon
Reina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:49 am

Post by Reina »

like I'll think about it i guess
but sera deciding to kill heartless because they're bulletproof still seems kind of dumb? like targeting a negative role in general for the kill even without the PGO seems kinda silly, having a bulletproof go kill it specifically instead of waiting a day or just leaving it for a real long time seems pretty weird.

i'll wait for a response about him having heartless as a town read yesterday though, didn't remember that.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

It could have been that scum felt like Heartless was enough of a threat that a full-bulletproof role might have decided to kill them and they wouldn't have to worry about someone protecting them?
That would kind of mess with what I'm thinking about Sera being x-shot bulletproof because I don't think they would bother wasting a 1-shot bulletproof just to kill Heartless like you said, but maybe it's possible that it's like 2-shot bulletproof? IDK. I'm definitely way more convinced by the exaggerated manner in which he's addressing a situation which should really easily come across as potentially being TownvTown in his eyes if he is town and especially so considering it's an interaction with someone he was calling obvious town D1.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:28 am

Post by estival »

Ok, so I skimmed about halfway but its like being caught in maelstorm, I can't figure out much although ika has such a clear town vs. scum meta that resistance to his wagon is scummy. I wonder if he was bussed by anyone on his team though as his general stance is that he doesn't like being scum and it always goes awry. If he thought he might make it off the lynch wagon, would any of his null reads be a scum buddy?

Honey bee and amateur stood out to me in their soft defenses of ika. Psyche why were you so adamant on the ika wagon not happening or being stalled?

Psyche and bookitty have charm, which is always nice.

What does "multiball" mean in this game and do I want to know?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:56 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1117, Heartless wrote:/sigh, alright

b/c i already know tth is going to do this when she gets here
UNVOTE:

You "know" wrong.

VOTE: Seraphim
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:27 am

Post by estival »

VOTE: Honey bee[/b]

Hey there, how's it going?
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 am

Post by estival »

Fuck tags. VOTE: Honey bee
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:30 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1131, estival wrote:What does "multiball" mean in this game and do I want to know?

multiball usually means more than 1 scumteam

some ppl (including me) also call games w/ a scum team and sk in them multiball too

given that ika flipped "mafia" (no specific name of the scumteam), it's single mafia+sk
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

But what if it's quadball? Dundundunnnnn.
Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
Goon
Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Gilgamesh King Of Heroes »

I don't see the scum motivation in Seraphim claiming x-shot BP and then not using that for backing out of the 1v1. I also don't see why he would, as scum, get into the 1v1 in the first place. His initial BP-related question to Heartless, followed up by voting him and claiming otherwise, makes no sense as scum. Similarly, why would he proceed to do this after counterwagoning his buddy?

It is still quite possible that Heartless is scum - simply claim D1 negative utility (with nothing really provable/with easily faked utility, and a claim like this seems more likely to come from scum than Sera's actions today, despite my townread on them for the random d1 claim), kill farside at Night. farside seems to be a more logical NK target from multiple factions as opposed to Heartless, which is an unlikely anti-town NK target (vig, possibly). They could still have received the BP vest or another invention, potentially picking up on PR vibes from farside; I initially disliked the "GODDAMMIT FARSIDE" comment at start of day. It reeked of overdramatic. The players in the Heartless slot would be prepared enough as scum to research mod-meta for handling BP-related stuff before making the claim to add legitimacy.

Food for thought.

In short, I would rather vote Heartless today over Seraphim if the choices came down to it - the addition of hydra dissonance is not helping their case.

However, I wish for more prolific players to weigh in, especially the ones lurking by with zero content.

Vote: BROseidon

Post or perish.
What nonsense... You are deluding yourself.
I
am the one true king of the world. All others are mongrels; pretenders to the name.

V/LA Fridays and Saturdays
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

So you don't think Heartless got an invention from farside?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:03 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Also, Sera only started the 1v1 after Heartless made a huge case on them. To act like there's no potential motivation for forcing a big dramatic argument like that is borderline ridiculous. Also, you're on Heartless for seeming unrealistically overdramatic. Is Sera not being unrealistically overdramatic over PRmechanic stuff which is realistically in a black box on someone he was hard townreading on D1?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Seraphim

I'm just gonna go with the flow on this.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:13 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1104, Shaft wrote:fuuuu

im so behind

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE LOVE SHAFT
whew!
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:14 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 1140, Varsoon wrote:VOTE: Seraphim

I'm just gonna go with the flow on this.

mhm
You can't step in the same river twice.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1138, Cheetory6 wrote:So you don't think Heartless got an invention from farside?

I realise you are not asking me, but I'm going to say that Farside overlooking a claim and just going with her top town read isn't that out of character in my opinion. I believe Heartless 100 percent. I am not fussed about the number of assumed and claimed bulletproofs floating around right now.

I also believe Psyche is town 100 percent. Psyche is saying that Mastin is town too, and I can go along with that, but I guess I'm trying to decipher why Aristophanes is 100 percent scum based on Mastin for whom Psyche is vouching. Until I can, my vote is staying on Seraphim.

Mollie and Reina are also at 100 percent town for me.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:19 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1106, Reina wrote:I'll reread Seraphim in a bit I guess. I don't really like voting him because he's likely multiball scum either though given that it's not really confirmed multiball yet (although I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is).

hhhmmm...

if he's likely multiball scum here wldn't that make him still scum?

I am surprised that you are not going with the inventor given 1 shot bp vs the 1 shot bp role claim. that just seems to me to be a more logical conclusion to work from then the 1 you seem to be using right now.
whew!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:19 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I mean, I don't think Heartless would lie about getting the invention. I don't know why they would do that as they could really easily get CCed on the invention? Was basically asking Gilga why his thought process landed anywhere but there.
I don't know if Heartless is conftown, but there's absolutely no way they'd fake getting an invention.. that makes no sense to me.
I don't like mastin right now, but I'm not interested in pursuing them atm. I want her to elaborate on her read on Sera more because her vote looked really opportunistic.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

pursuing her*

@Gilga
, can you possibly walk me through the lurker pressuring angle? Do you ordinarily try to pressure lurkers on the fringe vs applying pressure to a bigger wagon?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Heartless »

'mkay gilgamesh is scum

that's cool
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:27 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1114, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1061, Seraphim wrote:I am not informed when I am targeted for a kill.

Maybe it's just the wording, but did you ask if you are informed when your Bulletproof vest is used up?

The way this is worded, you are sounding like you are a self watcher.

I don't even understand this post.

seraph is claiming x-shot and it has at least been within my experience that you are alerted when 1 of your shots is used up. but its critic and they are known for their crazy set-ups.
whew!
Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
Goon
Gilgamesh King Of Heroes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Gilgamesh King Of Heroes »

In post 1138, Cheetory6 wrote:So you don't think Heartless got an invention from farside?

Did you not read my post, mongrel? Is Scum-Heartless immune to receiving inventions from farside?

In post 1139, Cheetory6 wrote:Also, Sera only started the 1v1 after Heartless made a huge case on them. To act like there's no potential motivation for forcing a big dramatic argument like that is borderline ridiculous.

I see your point. However, Seraphim had other options for engaging and disengaging Heartless between the case and various claim-related things and has chose, in my opinion, the least likely options for scum. His posts in 960-962 (post-case) seem more 'stream of conciousness', as scum would be more likely to dismiss the accusations via case instead of prodding for more claim information. Town are more likely to not worry about case posts such as Heartless.

Do you think scum-Seraphim decided to ignore Heartless, go 'oh shit hold on' and fabricate a false line of reasoning leading into a counterclaim in the two minute span after ignoring them?

Also, you're on Heartless for seeming unrealistically overdramatic. Is Sera not being unrealistically overdramatic over PRmechanic stuff which is realistically in a black box on someone he was hard townreading on D1?

Assume Sera is town. Assume his roleclaim is truthful. Actually, assume you have Sera's role. Someone claims that their role doesn't function the way your does. Even if it's a 'hard townread', would you not react the same way he is (, )?

It's possible I am completely wrong, but I feel that my logic here actually holds some merit.

I hope you will actually respond to my points as well, mongrel. I feel you are not critically analyzing the situation and ignoring me will only anger your king - something you want to avoid.

I'm fine with more pressure on BROseidon, Shaft, and Aristophanes. We have plenty of time to settle the Heartless/Seraphim matter.

Preview Edit: re:Heartless, see above.

re:Lurkers, I feel that this 1v1 will be at the forefront for today and we have plenty of time to analyze and discuss. I especially want to pressure BRO for intentionally ignoring the game D1 and continuing to do so D2. I dislike the attitude of being completely useless D1, as it is anti-town at best for multiple reasons I should not need to explain. Other lurkers should also post, but I want to pressure his attitude specifically,
especially
being somewhat familiar with BRO's playstyle, even if he is not aware that I am (well, he knows now).

PE2: Heartless, you are not good enough of a player to be condescending to me. Are you going to elaborate or engage me, or just be immature, passive-aggressive and useless?
What nonsense... You are deluding yourself.
I
am the one true king of the world. All others are mongrels; pretenders to the name.

V/LA Fridays and Saturdays

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”