Drawn on Arrival: The Movie: The Game (GAME OVER!)

Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

BROseidon wrote:
In post 1377, Boonskiies wrote:BRO's town. vote sera.

The fact that Boonskies is demonstrating a higher level of intelligence here than players like mollie, Psyche, and gamma should be disconcerting.

it'd probably be helpful to your enjoyment and understanding of the game if you get that everyone isn't working off the same scum-do-this theories and essentially unending depth of knowledge of your own play that you are.

second sentence isn't sarcastic, you have enormously more information about your own play and why you do the things that you do than everyone else in the game, especially with the majority of us having basically none.

Do you have a detailed read of someone who isn't mollie that you could share?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1415, pirate mollie wrote:@ anti

stop aggro-ing reina give him at least a bit of breathing room pretty plz?

Why are you keen on giving gamma breathing room but you tell me to "accept my fate"

In a game where scum have day talk.

IT SHOULD BE PRETTY GLARINGLY OBVIOUS WHY I WOULD TAKE THAT TO MEAN "YOU ARE OUR SCUM-DESIGNATED MISLYNCH, PLEASE KINDLY LAY DOWN AND DIE NOW"
Reina
Reina
Goon
Reina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by Reina »

In post 1450, Gammagooey wrote:
BROseidon wrote:
In post 1377, Boonskiies wrote:BRO's town. vote sera.

The fact that Boonskies is demonstrating a higher level of intelligence here than players like mollie, Psyche, and gamma should be disconcerting.

it'd probably be helpful to your enjoyment and understanding of the game if you get that everyone isn't working off the same scum-do-this theories and essentially unending depth of knowledge of your own play that you are.

second sentence isn't sarcastic, you have enormously more information about your own play and why you do the things that you do than everyone else in the game, especially with the majority of us having basically none.

Do you have a detailed read of someone who isn't mollie that you could share?

still me
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1450, Gammagooey wrote:Do you have a detailed read of someone who isn't mollie that you could share?

Sure - you're also someone I'd like to see dead. Same with Bookitty.

But Seraphim dies first. There's probably some town in there, but the odds of 3/4 or 4/4 being town in there I'd put at <10%

mastin and HI are incredibly fucking town, and I'm kind of curious why mastin isn't in here a bit more. Probably time restraints - I expect big things from her when she gets back, though, since she seems to be one of the few people here with her head on straight.

Boonskies is also probably town - the posting style reminds me of Inv. Inc. That's a fairly low-confidence read, though. The only touchpoint I have for Cheetory's play is a scum game, but the play here seems decently off that game, and he's asking a lot of the right questions.

Heartless is town but needs to just, like, stop for a while.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Also Gilgamesh needs to not be forgotten - I'd like to see that slot heavily pressured (although not necessarily deaded) within the next 1-2 day phases.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:07 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1419, Heartless wrote:
In post 1415, pirate mollie wrote:@ anti

stop aggro-ing reina give him at least a bit of breathing room pretty plz?

hahahahahaaahahahaahahaa

ha

that...

that's a good one mollie...

gamma wouldn't give tth the fucking time of day on the seraphim case but wants to give her this dismissive, supercilious, smug "well no one suspects me therefore it's scummy to suspect me" horse shit once she starts questioning him on the 180 on sera that YEAH, IS KIND OF WEIRD.

don't appreciate that. not standing for that.

at all.

AND YET YOUR VOTE IS ON ME.

LIKE, WHAT THE FUCK
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:10 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

If you think mollie is scum, then why does her push for you bother you so much?
If that's not the issue then who's bothering you so much?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:11 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1434, Cheetory6 wrote:
mollie wrote:what is pretty funny is that in capscom bro and I were scum together and I blew up at him and wis for trying to plan out who they were going to bus! he knows how I feel about d1 bussing that is why i really think he is scum!
Talk at me about this.
BRO should also talk at me about this.

The thing is that's the only thing that moves the needle to like 70% mollie-scum from like 98% mollie-scum. It also talks past every point I brought up.

Maybe I was wrong about this being single-ball and mollie is on an opposite scum-team. The bulletproof vest on Heartless thing is still a thing.

Maybe Ika did something to piss mollie off, past or present, to make mollie want to bus (she threatened to start bussing me because I was talking about bussing Shos 3 day-phases in the future in Capcom)

But even with this, I don't understand how mollie both makes such a shitty argument as to why I'm scum and immediately wants me dead for it while giving gamma all the room in the world for much sketchier behavior, given that mollie has seen more of my play than everyone on this site other than penguin and Nacho.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:12 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 1413, Cheetory6 wrote:
Sera wrote:I am not good at cases; I am only really good at pointing to certain aspects of people's play when taken as a whole. I don't believe in scumslips as being a typical way to catch scum, I consider play holistically.
Do you think the way that you voted for Heartless this cycle is in line with this?
I should clarify what I mean by "scumslips." There are scumslips and there are scumslips. There are people who think you can catch scum through one post where they slip. Like there's ONE POST of scummy play or a collection of posts that shows that a player is scum. Then there are things that town either should know or shouldn't know which are slips. Lying is a good example; if a player is caught in a lie, there's REALLY good reason to lynch that person regardless of play.

This probably doesn't make any sense but Im drink so hey!

In post 1436, Reina wrote:Sera's kinda similar in that I think his reaction to heartless looked very town, but his posts that aren't about that look worse to me, and getting his opinions on anything aside from heartless feels like pulling teeth, and considering how close he is to death that REALLY shouldn't be the case.
like what the fuck do you want me to do? I'm not good at explaining my play especially with so many fucking players. I am telling you, theamateur is scum, Honey bee is probs scum, Anxiety idk anymore. BRO would need to post more before I get a good read on him honestly. He looks town, I think, like his claim and frustration reads more town than "scum caught for perceived wrong reasons"
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:14 pm

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1456, Cheetory6 wrote:If you think mollie is scum, then why does her push for you bother you so much?
If that's not the issue then who's bothering you so much?

Because either:

1 - she's scum and she thinks she can get away with taking an easy mislynch on me, which is pretty bm.
2 - I'm wrong and she's town, in which case what the actual fuck.

Like, the wagon on me blew up - I don't think everyone on it is scum (can't be), but I'd suspect 2-3. That means some number of townies (Heartless and Psyche very likely being two of them) are being fucking stupid little shits who need to pull their shit together.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Anyways, I'm off to bed. You probably won't hear from me until Sunday/Monday given my time constraints and other game commitments.

Goodnight, and fuck you all.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

If Mollie's play bugs you so much why be frustrated by it enough to be willing to claim and be a detriment to town if she's super likely to be scum in your eyes?
Zzzzzz.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 1403, Reina wrote:@sera- i'm fine with your arist read but theamatuer has been indicating reads and thoughts that look a bit townish day 2 I think, if you had a magical gun that could shoot anyone except theamateur who would you shoot?
What? are you and I reading the same game? Actually go and iso him, he hasn't said SHIT today except about me. If you want, I can quote his entire ISO in my next post if you want.

If I could shoot someone, I would probably shoot Honey Bee. I might also shoot Jackel but I think Honey Bee would be more likely.

Unvote
Vote: theamateur
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1438, BROseidon wrote:I would replace out if I didn't have a moral objection to it because of how fucking stupid you all are being. Especially Psyche and mollie (if she's town, which I severely doubt)

You should learn to care about important things.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:30 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1440, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1371, Heartless wrote:I had to take the remedial version of Mafia 101. You'll have to spoon feed me a little more than that. :S

Intentionality theory.

Scum understand the gamestate from day 1 because they have information on who is town, who is scum, and what the probable scum-breakdown is based on numbers. This forces scum to understand what they are doing with every post, because they have an end-goal that they know they have to reach (one of x combinations of people alive in endgame). Every post that scum makes is therefore working towards that end.

Town don't have this information, which means that they don't necessarily have to push any specific agenda. Some town do anyways (Tammy always tries to get super town read really fast), but anyone who is derping around in circles doing nothing is 90%+ likely to be town. Go look at my posts up until I started getting wagoned. You'd have to be really fucking hard-pressed to find any intentionality in any of them.

This isn't true! Loads of scum just fuck around until everyone's dead!
Reina
Reina
Goon
Reina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:31 pm

Post by Reina »

@Sera-eh

it is worse than i remembered it being but his comments on ika and me aren't the worst things that ever happened

and i don't think that tunnelling on one player like that is super indicative of scum.

I guess I just want thought processes from you about other players instead of just X is scummy because they fit this characteristic/are doing this broadish thing?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by Psyche »

also mollie is confirmed town
for the nth time
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Boonskiies? though I have never played with him and apparently this is how he normally plays (?) his predecessor was certainly not a town player right?

fuck. I just get the feeling that most of the active town players are town? Psyche is town, mollie is town, Heartless is town, Cheetory is probs town...
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Post by Psyche »

I'm one of the strongest scum players on site

I now understand why you needed the "scum" modifier there.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:53 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1437, BROseidon wrote:You all are ruining my weekend vacation in NYC. I was in a pissy mood on the metro all the way home from Hedwig and the Angry Inch because you all are fucking assholes who have no idea what the fuck you're doing.

Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

Jesus Christ, BRO.

Jesus.

Christ.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1368, Heartless wrote:Please do something town soon. ^_^
I do town stuff as the motive hits me to do it.

Which mainly depends on posting.

Like I gave you some partial reads; further reads can come with inspiration.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Like Reina.
I remember Reina's town, now, and Reina wasn't on the list originally though was supposed to be.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1374, Heartless wrote:I'll do a more detailed write up as time permits but revised people of interest are:
BROseidon, Bookitty, estival, Shaft
I'm
reasonably
confident Bookitty's town, here.
BROseidon I guess could be scum, but really not feeling that, either.

Good to go on estival and Shaft, though.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 1453, BROseidon wrote:I'm kind of curious why mastin isn't in here a bit more.
Like I said, lack of incentive.

Also, partially reads not locked down, in that I really don't have an opinion on the majority of players of than that they exist (and I note, town or scum, how I feel along the way--speaking of which, Cheetory I don't think I ever told you I think is town now), but mainly incentive.

Won't last long, guarantee you that.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”