Serenes Forest
Serenes Forest
Townie
Serenes Forest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Serenes Forest »

I got that if Kagami does this usually it probably isn't as telling as I gave it credit for but I found it dishonest and deliberately antagonizing that you wanted to defend it as not-IIoA when frequently engaging in setupspec is literally the definition of IIoA

I don't think you're scum but I'm kind of miffed at the fact that I didn't sign up to play a game with GreyICE and got to play a game with GreyICE
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

No, it's not frequently engaging in setup spec, it's when your play is dominated by a lack of scum hunting in favour of stuff like setup spec.

Even if you disregard the fact that Kagami is the sort of player who likes setup spec in general, Kagami's ISO isn't dominated by it. Do you want me to break down Kagami's ISO, too, or are you going to keep asserting that Kagami isn't scum hunting because lol-there's-some-setup-spec-in-there!
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Bookmark. Also a post reminder that pieguy asked me a question.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

pieguy

gaiden has done more scum hunting than Drezi

think about that

gaiden
has
done
more
scum
hunting
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 553, zMuffinMan wrote:pieguy

think about that

gaiden
has
done
more
scum
hunting

what?
i really don't believe you.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

youve given opinions on more players and asked more questions

youve done more scum hunting by default
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

:/

pretty sure we're disagreeing on principle here. in my opinion, you don't necessarily have to be throwing out firm stances on stuff in order to be game solving. as a specific example, with his post to SP, I'm more interested in what he was thinking when he read through the post as opposed to what his final stance on it was or what he did after it. he obviously read through it, formed opinions on different parts of it, and checked to see which parts were true and which weren't. that comes off genuine to me, even if his final "opinion" ended up being "maybe town but there's some parts I didn't like" and even if he didn't really have a unique scum read at that point.

as I said, I'm definitely keeping an eye out on what he does next in case he doesn't step it up.
Serenes Forest
Serenes Forest
Townie
Serenes Forest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Serenes Forest »

If you're going to demonstrate that somebody else's ISO is more dominated by setupspec/modmeta/cardusage/non-scumhunting related information with no regard for what your personal opinion is on the quality of their scumhunting then it would probably be a productive exercise.

Otherwise don't worry because I'll either reread tomorrow if I'm still here or somebody else will take my slot. On top of time constraints there's a threat of a(nother) big commotion going on at my girlfriend's apartment any day and I have to help out with looking for a new place for her to stay so rip mafia
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

pieguyn wrote:as a specific example, with his post to SP

The fact that he supposedly read Sky's wall, yet hasn't been able to form an opinion on the rest of the content in this game, doesn't strike you as odd in any way?

No, because he broke down some things he didn't like about a post, some things that aren't informative in any way except to show that he can break down a post and not provide any opinions.

OK.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

I mean, yay, it shows that he can break down a post and point out things that aren't necessarily 100% correct. Such a town mindset. Oh my god. I've never seen scum do that before.

I mean, other than like every time I've ever played scum or seen someone play scum.

But yeah, other than that, I've never seen scum do that.
Serenes Forest
Serenes Forest
Townie
Serenes Forest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Serenes Forest »

Don't take that as a jab at your playstyle because I had still resolved to keep playing despite the GreyICE posts until I got notice of shit going on.

That said you'd be tons better at the game if you tried to be equally convicing while treating your fellow players better
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 560, Serenes Forest wrote:Don't take that as a jab at your playstyle because I had still resolved to keep playing despite the GreyICE posts until I got notice of shit going on.

That said you'd be tons better at the game if you tried to be equally convicing while treating your fellow players better

wrong game?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Apt slip?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:30 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Fuck you too, autocorrect.

Alt
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

No he's calling my posts GreyIce posts and saying I'm not being kind to my fellow players. Or something.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 558, zMuffinMan wrote:No, because he broke down some things he didn't like about a post, some things that aren't informative in any way except to show that he can break down a post and not provide any opinions.

mm, allow me to clarify. I thought it was genuine not just because he did it but because of the way he did it; what he had actually posted about SP's post made sense to me.

but I'm not expecting us to agree with each other at this point, so I don't see much of a point in continuing this conversation

I am still a bit curious why you think scum-Drezi would have just entirely ignored you saying you had a card that would ensure he gets lynched. I think this is kind of a similar tell to what thezmon did in IN re: my dayvig gambit - he'd be taking a huge risk that you'd actually snap and just use it on him. this is more so because I'm looking for an alternate explanation for this as opposed to wanting to convince you, since I can't think of any so far.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 546, zMuffinMan wrote:Or are you saying that his suspicion of Rylai, fruit so low it could actually be a potato that's been mistaken for a fruit, was somehow controversial?

I lol'd
In post 553, zMuffinMan wrote:pieguy

think about that

gaiden
has
done
more
scum
hunting

At first i thought you were joking, then i went and looked and... you're actually right.
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Go read your own ISO in, say, Serum and Steel (or even any of your older games, like, I dunno, the first touhou upick) and tell me whether it's a town ISO, pieguy

Breaking down postss and giving opinions on them without providing actual content isn't difficult to do.

pieguyn wrote:
In post 558, zMuffinMan wrote:I am still a bit curious why you think scum-Drezi would have just entirely ignored you saying you had a card that would ensure he gets lynched.

Other than the fact it's entirely possible he missed what I was saying, it's also possible he either didn't believe me or didn't believe I would actually do it.
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:43 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Gaiden, why aren't you voting?
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

i was wondering when someone was gonna ask that.
to be honest, i don't feel like voting yet. that's it.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Oh, and I'm still considering actually using the card. FYI, it's a modified gladiator ability that lets me choose two people that aren't necessarily myself (though I can also choose myself if I so wish). If I really want him lynched, I'm going to pit him against, say, thd - a fight he's going to lose (basically ensuring his lynch). But I'm currently considering just pitting him against another scum read of mine and letting things play out. Depends how selfish I wanna be.

I do wanna use this though, partially just to use it up in case of any card-stealing shenanigans or the like, and partially to prove I had it at my disposal and chose not to save it for a lylo situation (though this would involve people believing I could use it in a lylo situation, so *shrug*)
Serenes Forest
Serenes Forest
Townie
Serenes Forest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:46 pm

Post by Serenes Forest »

Rylai is an MotK player but I don't have much/any contact with him so it's not that I'm salty because you dared to insult him in particular, I just found it in poor taste that you'd treat outsiders (Rylai), newer players (Drezi) and other MS forumites (Pie) like that. My reason for replacing out remains as time issues I'm going to have starting 30 minutes ago but the above doesn't really help the decision.

GreyICE played in MotK once and became pretty infamous, never played here before as should be confirmable by SB/thdg/Prims who is clearly spectating the game
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by notscience »

Muffin tldr me whats happened since I last posted I wont be reading for a bit tonight
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@Serene,

Who exactly do you think I insulted? Unless you think me calling Rylai low-hanging fruit, which he is in this game, is an insult?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 572, notscience wrote:Muffin tldr me whats happened since I last posted I wont be reading for a bit tonight

Drezi claimed scum. Pieguy doesn't wanna lynch him. I'm being mean to people. Gaiden wrote content (lol jk). Not much else to speak of.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”