Mini 1648: Mafia in the Noose Factory. (Game Over)

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Vote Count 1.10randommidget: (3) pisskop, ploben, tip
tip: (2) randommidget, Kaboose
MonkeyMan576: (1) Slandaar
BlueBloodedToffee: (2) Ponystar17, Zebulin
Zebulin: (4) Luca Blight, House, Boonskiies, BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting: MonkeyMan576

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-03-08 19:53:20)

Mod Notes:
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by Zebulin »

In post 273, ploben wrote:
@tip

What did randomidget lie about? Him voting for you first? I love pictures but please explain?

This was the fist vote for tip besides tip jokingly voting himself in RVS:
In post 140, House wrote:VOTE: tip

For being such a wonderfully hypocritical lurky fluffmeister.

In the very next post, randomidget says this:
In post 141, Randomnamechange wrote:VOTE: tip
I'm following house

On page 11, randomidget mentions that:
In post 267, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 257, tip wrote:i wish to shed light on how, instead, it is - pretty transparently - a shitty retaliatory tunnel to being finger of suspicion-ed by myself

I voted you first.

which is clearly a lie. tip was pointing out the lie.

The question is, is that a scumslip or just a stupidslip? (randomidget's not a VI. He was killed Night 1 in a game we shared.)
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:40 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Prodding House
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:53 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 276, Zebulin wrote:
@tip

What did randomidget lie about? Him voting for you first? I love pictures but please explain?

I'm following house

In post 257, tip wrote:i wish to shed light on how, instead, it is - pretty transparently - a shitty retaliatory tunnel to being finger of suspicion-ed by myself

I voted you first.

The question is, is that a scumslip or just a stupidslip? (randomidget's not a VI. He was killed Night 1 in a game we shared.)

You guys misunderstood. Tip accused me of OMGUS, bur I voted him before he voted me.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:17 am

Post by House »

Why am I...

Oh yeah!

Right.

Can we please get to D2 so something productive can happen?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:09 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

- It was mostly waffle, you're right, but there was something in there that made me town-read you. I've seen no reason to change my town-read.

I was not PR hunting, 100%. That's like saying we should never run anyone up to L-1 and get a claim because that's blatant PR fishing, when it quite clearly isn't. The only problem is that people are not used to seeing that kind of pressure early in a game and most people don't seem to like it. I, however, find it quite useful for finding scum.

Tell me why getting a claim on page 3 is scummy and getting a claim on page 20 is not? What's the difference?

If you read any of my posts where I even so much as imply I am PR hunting, I thought it would have been fairly transparent that my posts were tongue in cheek/sarcastic, I was wrong. I understand it can be hard to pick up tone on an internet forum but I really tried to make it obvious. Anything further I was just trolling.

- Tip, I agree with Zeb here that you have provided very little content to this point. All I see is; - self vote, - vote Monkeyman, vote random, / some reasoning for Scum!RM. That's it. That's your whole contribution. Something about this post bothers me;
In post 258, tip wrote: don't forgot i had the choice of life and death re: you, kiddo

Why did you write this?

- Nah, it's not the having a life that bothers me. It's the signing up to the game and then not playing it. Like, literally doing nothing. It's annoying and I will PL any player that does it.

- Why the vote Kaboose?

- Zeb, I'm not scum-reading anyone for not being able to play. Can you show me where I have done that?

- Why am I town, Kaboose?
- Hey Monkeyman, we have a game going here. Would you like to contribute some content?

- Ploben, you think scum are likely to think along the same lines as you if you're town? You asked him to help you, would you like help from scum or from town?

- Pointless questions are pointless. More filler.

Can we get a wagon going on Zeb or Ploben please?

PEdit - Will lynch House as well.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:12 am

Post by Kaboose »

Because my role pm said I was allowed to vote for people.

Because you just asked me why you're town.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:13 am

Try again.

On both accounts.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:14 am

Post by Kaboose »

I already stated in earlier posts that tip was useless. He kept posting useless stuff so I don't want him in this game anymore.

What?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:09 am

Post by Slandaar »

Tip doesn't seem useless to me.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:10 am

@Kaboose - Why are you town-reading me?

@Slandaar - I summed up Tip's contributions. How is that useful?
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 284, Slandaar wrote:Tip doesn't seem useless to me.

How not?

In post 285, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:@Kaboose - Why are you town-reading me?

Because you're trying. Also I'm now town reading you more because you care as to why I'm town reading you instead of just thanking me and moving on.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:31 am

You think effort is indicative of alignment?
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:39 am

Post by ploben »

In post 276, Zebulin wrote:
@tip

I'm following house

I voted you first.

I thought tip was pointing out the lie that randomidget did not vote on tip before tip voted on randomidget. But I guess you're saying tip pointed out the fact randomidget claims he voted for tip first when in fact he was following house, who voted for tip first.

This is why I like when people explain themselves so I can follow their logic instead of having to try and figure out what they mean and read between the (blury) lines. This is the exact reason I wanted Slandaar to more clearly give us his reads so far so I could see where he was at.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:46 am

Post by ploben »

If I question something it's because I don't understand and want someone to explain it. If I question something it's probably because I didn't pick up on something, regardless of how obvious it is to everyone else. I question stuff because I don't want something to get said and just take it for face value and sheep it, I want to understand it for myself.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:49 am

You can respond to my point about your 272 when you're ready.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:51 am

Post by Ponystar17 »

@BBT (Post #280): I don't think running someone up to L-1 is automatically bad. However, answer this, please: how many times have you run someone up to L-1 with the stated intention not to lynch and gotten a scumclaim. And for that matter, how many times have you seen scum confess at L-1? Aren't they more likely to try and lie their way out? It seems to me like this particular brand of pressure (no intent to lynch but not telling them that) is the kind that exposes PRs, not scum.

If Page 3 and Page 20 are both on Day 1, you're right, there is no difference. However, are you really asking me why it's better for town to have a PR survive and be able to use their power for an additional day? Is that really a question you don't already know the answer to? It's not like a PR absolutely has to be exposed D1. Pressuring people with fake L-1 will only expose town PRs, because there's
no reason
for scum to ever confess to being scum. Do you really not understand why it's bad to force a real PR to claim at all?

Evidently I did misinterpret your posts. I'm just going to take that at face value - there's absolutely no reason for anyone to admit to PR-hunting, and it would be one of the weirdest slips I can imagine, so yeah, sorry. Looks like I misread your tone.

Also, I believe I can answer your response to #263 - he's referring to your willingness to PL tip and
whatshisface
Luca Blight for failing to contribute anything of substance due to being busy.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:52 am

Post by Ponystar17 »

...first question is missing a question mark, whoops.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:57 am

Post by ploben »

I want to hear from town and scum. That's how the game works. If I think someone is town then their reads are good to align with. If I think someone is scum then their reads are good to try and figure out the mafia mind set and catch you later with them.

All information is good is this game. I appreciate your intent with the same sentiment. Your actions are speaking to that fact far louder than your words are.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:04 am

Nobody claims to be scum, that would be silly.

But, it's great information to work with and start the game. You can analyse the wagon; who was on it, who was off it, what was their reasoning for their respective decisions? Does the claim seem believable? How do other people react to the claim etc etc. Instead of all this happening on p25 with 6 hours to go till deadline and no time to analyse the new information (usually ending in the speedlynch of someone else if the original person run up claims a PR, leaving very little information to work with) I propose we do it earlier and give ourselves 12 days to analyse the information and decide on how to proceed.

No, I'm asking why you think people have a problem with early pressure. Not everyone who gets run up claims PR, either.

PEdit - Ploben, what is your read on Slandaar? You're very good at dodging questions; ever thought of going into politics?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:05 am

In post 293, ploben wrote:I want to hear from town and scum. That's how the game works. If I think someone is town then their reads are good to align with. If I think someone is scum then their reads are good to try and figure out the mafia mind set and catch you later with them.

All information is good is this game. I appreciate your intent with the same sentiment. Your actions are speaking to that fact far louder than your words are.

Do you want to work with scum, Ploben?
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:10 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 287, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You think effort is indicative of alignment?

I think D1 is a crap shoot and everyone's main goal should be to rid the game of useless people and keep a hold of those trying to try.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:14 am

I like that reasoning Kaboose.

Though, I would say House and Luca are more useless than Tip. So, why the vote on Tip?
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Kaboose »

I've considered Tip to be more useless probably because he stands out more. House would be second for sure. Luca has been miserably absent. But I'll give him points for not clogging the thread up with stuff I don't need to read.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:35 am

Can you vote Zeb instead please?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”