Open 589: Duck Duck Goose (Game Over: Somebody Won)

oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon
Location: Usually C minor or A minor with some F major mixed in

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 am

Post by oddmusic »

In post 65, Kaboose wrote:35 - I mean I do have a problem with what you said about your reason to vote/lynch someone. Because that's not how we should go about it. Did I know it was a joke? Of course. Did it give me the opportunity to remove the RVS from this game? Absolutely. I have less problem with you than with NJAC now though if it helps you sleep a bit better.

You know, humor isn't an inherently bad thing. And even if you really don't like the early jokier stages of the game, it's seems very counterproductive to seriously vote someone for a joke post.

43 - I love the person that gets us out of RVS. I hate RVS. Especially when I'm town because it's got nothing to do with what needs to be done and it's a perfect place for scum to do nothing and everything all at once. I don't expect anyone to town read me for helping end RVS, but personally I town read people who do get us out of it because it shows me a desire to figure a game out that I assume and expect a scum won't have. Oddmusic could have read my post as a joke too if he wanted to, but he didn't. I think Taly is still more town right now than oddmusic as we're where we are now thanks to taly the most.

You know, I get this. I really do. I don't hate RVS, but I do understand why someone might. And I do agree that the sooner we get out of RVS, the better for town. I could have read your post as a joke of course, but it clearly wasn't one, so why would I?

The thing is, getting us out of RVS strikes me as a really weird reason to townread someone, which is why I brought it up.
Strange chords are playing in the wind

I once thought the above pretentious drivel was a good idea for a signature.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Kaboose »

I'd just like to point out that I didn't vote Ploben after I brought that post up and everything. So when you said "it's seems very counterproductive to seriously vote someone for a joke post." I just want you to know I didn't vote him for that because I actually happen to be voting for him already. Which is about to change.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:28 am

Post by Kaboose »

UNVOTE: Ploben

VOTE: ChriVi
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:46 am

Post by oddmusic »

In post 76, Kaboose wrote:I'd just like to point out that I didn't vote Ploben after I brought that post up and everything. So when you said "it's seems very counterproductive to seriously vote someone for a joke post." I just want you to know I didn't vote him for that because I actually happen to be voting for him already. Which is about to change.

Oops. My bad. Had the order of events wrong.

vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:51 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 76, Kaboose wrote:I'd just like to point out that I didn't vote Ploben after I brought that post up and everything. So when you said "it's seems very counterproductive to seriously vote someone for a joke post." I just want you to know I didn't vote him for that because I actually happen to be voting for him already. Which is about to change.

In post 77, Kaboose wrote:UNVOTE: Ploben

About to change because...I see that it changed, but do not see a reason.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:53 am

Post by Kaboose »

I like to give a vote to the most useless player to either encourage better posting, or remove a tumor from the game on the information-less D1.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:54 am

Post by Taly »

In post 66, Netherspite wrote:Hello
town
ducks and gooses.
/wave to
dodgy56
and
davesaz
And yes, I'm going to bold everyone's nicknames further as it makes them easier to spot on skimming.

===

I've caught up and want to share few thoughts.

Taly
wins the Captain Obvious award in this game. While someone being Captain Obvious usually pings my scumdar this is not the case this time.
I like
Taly
for town because it reminds me of my first game on this forum where I was town and was writing as wally posts as
Taly
does now trying to explain my every single feeling and thought.
However, I'd prefer him to be omitting some things everyone knows like "getting out of RVS is good" and "we should analyze and observe those who didn't post much yet".
I'm more interested in reading your opinion on things and not rephrased quotes from the wiki.

2. A bit of overreaction from
ChriVi
I like him for scum at this point.

Kaboose
, thanks for calling me "acceptable". At least I'm not unacceptable :D

You and the post Kaboose made previous to this is a breath of fresh air to me.

I may know mafia in its practical and definitive way, but I haven't given my opinion much because of my lack of in-game experience, and the idea that I've mostly been responding to other peoples responses because I didn't anticipate my early assessments to become that much of a discussion. I won't let the whole "I'm new" be an excuse for me not withdraw from putting in input.

And to be more concise, (at least, I think this is what you're asking from me?) I'll give you my reading on the people I've interacted with thus far.

ChriVi
- I can see why people would want to wagon for her/his(?) vague replies so far. Needless to say, I'm not liking or disliking them. He/she is a possibility for being scum. So far I'll say: Neutral Leaning Scum

Honey Bee
- Seen very little of her, but I think she may reply soon. Her responses to me have been frivolous, but I think that'd be just RVS speak. I guess she is: Neutral

oddmusic
- Odd has made some good points favoring my view on how to go about things, odd has also made some good questions against my experience and how I word myself in game. I've noticed he likes to overanalyze many things kind of like how I like to, but goes about it in a shorter way. I would need to see more of him, because I can see how these traits so far can indicate scum and/or town, depending on what he wants to do with the information he gathers. Right now reading: Neutral

talah
- Little from her as well, but I think that'll change. Her replies haven't been so serious, but she did give her opinion on my big and 'wordy' posts. I think it's genuine,(even though I disagree) and I think that is a townie trait. I would say for right now: Neutral Leaning Town

ploben
- His first few responses to Kaboose caught my attention, he has been very blunt and concise with what he wants from people which I like, but I also wonder if that can be a negative as well. His question about my out of game experience leaning up to the idea that I would know how to get people on my side if I were scum is reasonably understood. I stand by my responses to him, and I can only say I am true to my word. My question to him is: What do you think of me, Chrivi, Netherspite, and Kaboose? That's a loaded question but I think it's essential. So far, he is Neutral Leaning Town in my eyes.

Vettrock
- A lot of statements so far from Vettrock were to either put what someone says in perspective, or to simply what other people mean in basic terms. I think this is good to keep the town together, and a useful strategy. Reading: Slight Leaning Town

NJAC
- He reacted as I expected from my RVS vote, and took my analysis on his vote back to me well. (As in, not being too reactive, and being more cool headed. I think it calms down the discussion and lets the flow continue, it also dismisses some unnecessary conflict.) I don't really know much of him since he's posted very little, but I like a bit of what he is saying. It's too little for an accurate reading, so I'll just say: Slight Town Leaning

Netherspite
- I don't know much about you, and I don't think I'll have a major reading until more of you is exposed. However, I am responding to you because I think so far, you've made valid and useful points. I also like your relatability to me because so far, people have given me a "overwordy posts" or "a little different play than normal newbies" vibe. I think you're genuine,a and have expressed it more than others here. So far reading: Slight Town Leaning

Kaboose
- At first, I thought Kaboose was trying to rile up others which I saw as a negative. (Which is why I did the whole analysis that supposedly made progress to end RVS.) Now that he is explaining his reactions and thoughts on others, I'm liking him as town more. He wants the game to move like I do, and probably what other people want to do but haven't really taken the chance to do much yet. Right now: Moderate Town Reading

I think we will have more insight to ChriVi's reaction to the votes against her/him, and right now, it would be healthy for the town to have at least 1 or 2 people with a few votes for suspection and information gathering.

oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by oddmusic »

I'm don't hate the ChriVi wagon right now, but I'm always wary of wagons built around a single post (small sample size). I'll say that I want to hear more from ChriVi more than any other player…except for honey bee (2 posts, both RVS) and dodgy (0 posts). So call this a pressure vote:

VOTE: dodgy56

You got something? Anything?

oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by oddmusic »

That said I do hope the ChriVi wagon gets them to post more.

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Taly »

I may know mafia in its practical and definitive way, but I haven't given my opinion much because of my lack of in-game experience, and the idea that I've mostly been responding to other peoples responses because I didn't anticipate my early assessments to become that much of a discussion. I won't let the whole "I'm new" be an excuse for me not withdraw from putting in input.

Ewww, that didn't come out very right. I meant, I
won't
use my lack of game experience as an excuse for
not participating
in sharing opinions and reads.

Vettrock - A lot of statements so far from Vettrock were to either put what someone says in perspective, or to simply what other people mean in basic terms. I think this is good to keep the town together, and a useful strategy. Reading: Slight Leaning Town

'...or to simply
SAY
what other people mean in basic terms.'

>>>>>

OK, that's better.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by davesaz »

Taly, nice post. It's pretty early to draw conclusions but I like that you're willing to have an opinion regarding what little there is to analyze. You missed me, but I tend not to talk a lot this early in the game so I don't mind too much.

Pedit: oddmusic, yes it's scary to make decisions on one or two posts, but we can also read a lot from a person's reaction. The first wagon is usually not the one which goes through, but it often reveals a lot from that reaction and from how the voting and non-voting players handle it. I also agree that we need to hear from dodgy and honey bee.

2nd edit: Nice use of editing by way of post (EBWOP)
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 85, davesaz wrote:Taly, nice post. It's pretty early to draw conclusions but I like that you're willing to have an opinion regarding what little there is to analyze. You missed me, but I tend not to talk a lot this early in the game so I don't mind too much.

Pedit: oddmusic, yes it's scary to make decisions on one or two posts, but we can also read a lot from a person's reaction. The first wagon is usually not the one which goes through, but it often reveals a lot from that reaction and from how the voting and non-voting players handle it. I also agree that we need to hear from dodgy and honey bee.

2nd edit: Nice use of editing by way of post (EBWOP)

I knew I was forgetting someone.... Sorry... :facepalm:

And I'll take what you say as a compliment. As for my read on you, you haven't said much either, but as you have just revealed, this is like you in early games, and I think your posts to odd so far is justified:
Neutral Leaning Town
for you right now.

Also, my whole read was for everyone to see, but mostly because I believed it is something Netherspite wanted to take in to account. (Since he posted that he'd prefer to see more opinions of me instead of just plain analysis, rehash, and observation, and since about 5 to 6 people so far have raised the sentence *I think HE/SHE is more like - *town or scum* - Making a full reading so far seemed the best idea.)
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:28 pm

Post by Netherspite »

@Taly

This wally post also sounds pretty similar to the posts I made in my first game.
I'm stacking you into my townpile for now.
Also, sharing the opinion does not mean it should be full reads list, but I appreciate your efforts to write it.
Besides sharing your opinion, it's usually a good idea to ask some questions to get the information you want. Waiting passively for the scumslips most likely won't net you any scum caught unless you're lucky.

@davesaz

@vettrock

I'm curious, why are you guys still voteparking on your RVS vote targets?

@Kaboose

Why did you ignore
vettrock
's question? (it didn't have a question mark but in nature it was a question imo)
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by ChriVi »

Netherspite is fucking retarded, get out of my game please

talah, don't ask obvious questions you have the answers to. Useless. Use your time scumhunting, not asking me why I made an obvious RVS vote please.

Taly is fucking stupid.

VOTE: Taly
Discuss.
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

Win / Lose / Alive / Dead
Town: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Scum: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Total: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 87, Netherspite wrote:
@Taly

This wally post also sounds pretty similar to the posts I made in my first game.
I'm stacking you into my townpile for now.
Also, sharing the opinion does not mean it should be full reads list, but I appreciate your efforts to write it.
Besides sharing your opinion, it's usually a good idea to ask some questions to get the information you want. Waiting passively for the scumslips most likely won't net you any scum caught unless you're lucky.

@davesaz

@vettrock

I'm curious, why are you guys still voteparking on your RVS vote targets?

@Kaboose

Why did you ignore
vettrock
's question? (it didn't have a question mark but in nature it was a question imo)

You do make a valid point, I have asked some question, but since people are asking others more often now...:

ploben

- I've said this in my full read post, but: What do you think about Kaboose, oddmusic, and me?
- Also, do you think ChriVi is a possible candidate for scum? What do you think about the idea of putting a wagon up on her?

oddmusic and Netherspite

- What are you looking for when you read peoples posts?
- What feels scummy and/or townie to you? What feels neutral? (Oddmusic: I ask because you've said you like to analyze bigger posts and seemed to favor that smaller posts don't have as much weight despite what may be said. Which isn't a bad thing, but it is an observation.)

NJAC, davesaz, and vettrock

- Thoughts on the ChriVi wagon? Anything you'd like to add to the table of opinion and/or analysis?
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Post by Kaboose »

What did I ignore?

p-edit @ ChriVi - Your negativity, is this a scum tactic?
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by ChriVi »

In post 81, Taly wrote:
ChriVi
- I can see why people would want to wagon for her/his(?) vague replies so far. Needless to say, I'm not liking or disliking them. He/she is a possibility for being scum. So far I'll say: Neutral Leaning Scum

I think we will have more insight to ChriVi's reaction to the votes against her/him, and right now, it would be healthy for the town to have at least 1 or 2 people with a few votes for suspection and information gathering.

>1 or 2 people with a few votes for suspection and information gathering.

I have more than a 'few votes', go count again dumbass.

Secondly, wtf? "I can see why people would want to wagon for her/his vague replies so far"

Vague replies? I had three posts: An RVS, a "I don't like commenting on RVS", and "Why are you voting me dumbass?"

p-edit @ Kaboose: Meta me, please. I am A+ foot in mouth aggressive town. Scum-me is quieter than town-me.
If you think that's scum worthy, you need to go play a lot more newbie games please.
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by ChriVi »

Err, I should say that's Viomi's play. Chrimi play is the opposite. Hence why this Hydra. gg no re
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by ChriVi »

Also my wagon is obvious scum wagon, suspicion on my wagon kthx
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 88, ChriVi wrote:Netherspite is <redacted>, get out of my game please

talah, don't ask obvious questions you have the answers to. Useless. Use your time scumhunting, not asking me why I made an obvious RVS vote please.

Taly is <redacted>.

Discuss.

Couple things.
1. Please keep it civil. Yes I know it's Mafia and some degree of antagonism is expected. It's up to the game mod to set official limits, not me. I'm asking nicely. :wink:

2. I see from your "location" that this is a hydra account. If you're playing it like a normal hydra with both players involved, it may be helpful to the rest of us if you identify who posts what. Again, just a polite request.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:22 pm

Post by oddmusic »

In post 89, Taly wrote:- What are you looking for when you read peoples posts?

Something to poke at with a stick? Anything that I feel doesn't make sense to come from town. And the reverse, something that feels town motivated. Is that specific? No, but without a specific example, I really can't say anything more.

- What feels scummy and/or townie to you? What feels neutral? (Oddmusic: I ask because you've said you like to analyze bigger posts and seemed to favor that smaller posts don't have as much weight despite what may be said. Which isn't a bad thing, but it is an observation.)

I mean, my remark about analyzing big posts was kind of half kidding. At this stage of the game, it's very hard for me to make any sort of analysis. I prefer to gather a lot of data, then make a proper analysis. So I have very little data, so I'm saying a lot less than I will later. I don't like tone arguments (tone is hard to read over the internet and, IMO, town is just as likely to get defensive/angry as scum), I will say that. But really, if anything, I'm trying to understand how something said could be town vs. scum motivated.

Viomi
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Viomi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Viomi »

In post 94, davesaz wrote:

Taly is <redacted>.

Discuss.

Couple things.
1. Please keep it civil. Yes I know it's Mafia and some degree of antagonism is expected. It's up to the game mod to set official limits, not me. I'm asking nicely. :wink:

2. I see from your "location" that this is a hydra account. If you're playing it like a normal hydra with both players involved, it may be helpful to the rest of us if you identify who posts what. Again, just a polite request.

1. Fine -u- ~Viomi

2. Uhhhhh, yeah. How would you like us to identify ourselves? We review posts together and make posts together before posting them... Would it be alright for me to color code lines based on who wrote them or? ~Chrimi
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by ChriVi »

In post 96, Viomi wrote:

Taly is <redacted>.

Discuss.

Couple things.

fml altslip*
1. Fine -u- ~Viomi

2. Uhhhhh, yeah. How would you like us to identify ourselves? We review posts together and make posts together before posting them... Would it be alright for me to color code lines based on who wrote them or? ~Chrimi
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by ChriVi »

In post 97, ChriVi wrote:
In post 96, Viomi wrote:

Taly is <redacted>.

Discuss.

Couple things.

fml altslip*
1. Fine -u- ~Viomi

Okay what the actual fuck happened there

altslip and quoteslip apparently :L
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 91, ChriVi wrote:
In post 81, Taly wrote:
ChriVi

>1 or 2 people with a few votes for suspection and information gathering.

I have more than a 'few votes', go count again dumbass.

Secondly, wtf? "I can see why people would want to wagon for her/his vague replies so far"

Vague replies? I had three posts: An RVS, a "I don't like commenting on RVS", and "Why are you voting me dumbass?"

p-edit @ Kaboose: Meta me, please. I am A+ foot in mouth aggressive town. Scum-me is quieter than town-me.
If you think that's scum worthy, you need to go play a lot more newbie games please.

I think you
completely
misinterpreted what I meant on my last sentence in the full read.

I didn't say how many votes you had, nor did I try to. I only said that it was healthy for the towns progression for 1 or 2 people to have several votes on them at the same time. It gives room for others to see how they react, and how the non-voted react, which gives invaluable insight for the town. Plus, D1 vote counts, especially early like this almost
never
go through.

Not only that, I said '1 or 2' people because I realize that I do have 2 votes onto me as well, and you have 3.

But now that you reacted and voted against me, both of us are at L-4. I'm not saying you're scum completely off of your aggression and entitlement to try and make me react negatively, but your word usage is appalling(not an insult, just expressing concern), whether this is your Meta or not, It'd be appreciated if we can talk this out rather than throwing around insults.

Furthermore, I only said 'vague replies' in pursuit of the current idea that you've made yourself known when others were serious, but haven't made any useful comments. I'm not the only one who has said, and implied what you I already stated in my full read currently, which makes me question if you're coming after me seeing that you are now under more pressure. Which is not a helpful reaction to others in this because you're dismissing some of what they say, all the while enforcing your will onto others to try and make them seem 'worse.'

I know this analysis may entail some assumptions, but this is my view on your response, and what I'm saying in my defense.

Return to “Completed Open Games”