Drawn on Arrival: The Movie: The Game (GAME OVER!)

estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by estival »

In post 1833, Bookitty wrote:
In post 1827, estival wrote:And in RL, idk it depends. It can be fun, you should try it before knocking it. I assume most females have had some such drama. Its natural in the Alpha nature of the real world.

This makes me want to vote you just on general principles, let alone posting. Making people cry for fun ... no, I wouldn't say most females have had some such drama.

VOTE: estival

This is the reason you voted me Bookitty.

You added in the rest later. This is the reason you put a vote on me.

Later you state tone and something about Jackel. Point to what it exactly is, specifically. I asked Reina to do the same thing, he didn't state specifics but spewed some nonsense.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Cheetory6 wrote:Wait no, this is about Jackel, right?
Why is one vote in a 27 player game deterring you from voting from someone? Especially since you're just not sure and you're not full on scumreading him? Seems like a ridiculous reason to not vote for someone.
What do you find scummy about estival?
Sera. Can you answer where your head was at here?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1874, Bookitty wrote:Your tone changed pretty significantly from cute and perky to relatively aggressive. I think it was Jackel that pointed it out, but I checked it myself. Bringing in out-of-game information (your mean girl experiences in real life) as a reason for that is weird; this is a game and radically changing your playstyle in midstream is odd, especially at the point that you did it imo.

This by itself could be dismissed. However, I also checked what Reina had said about your reaction to Jackel and your general reactions to people suspecting you. Rather than addressing the issues, I do think you're trying to discredit suspicion on you by discrediting the sources.

Your real life comment struck me as out of place. That led to a closer look and agreement with arguments being made against you. The RL comment was the catalyst for the vote; the above describes the process.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Jackel98
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Jackel98
it/she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/she

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by Jackel98 »

Estival lady, I haven't played with most of these people, and I played scum against the ones that I recognize well. I tend to play better as scum than town, because I love knowing things.

My response to your request for reads was that I had none of substance. Unless you want me to pull stuff from my ass, I've not got much.
“Never put off till tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.”
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:16 pm

Post by estival »

I already explained this, did you read the explanation? I started this game in fluff mode as this is the first game I replaced into and I've never not played that way.

That doesn't explain the vote for RL reasons either and is downright disgusting in itself since its a policy lynch vote. I mention RL in games as do many people on here whether its snowstorms or etc.

That means based on a comment I made about RL you voted me and then went and looked for things after the fact to justify it?

Point out the specific interaction you find between me and Jackel that you found troubling or scummy and explain it.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by estival »

In post 1903, Jackel98 wrote:Estival lady, I haven't played with most of these people, and I played scum against the ones that I recognize well. I tend to play better as scum than town, because I love knowing things.

My response to your request for reads was that I had none of substance. Unless you want me to pull stuff from my ass, I've not got much.

Do you have any reads at all? Such as lean scum or lean town?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Ok Boo.
Is there some kind of reason that your posts are reading as being really mechanical right now?
Like.. I just feel like your tone is weird right now and I'm wondering if there's a reason for that..?
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by Bookitty »

There are a few things I'm thinking about, Cheet.

One is that we already have a bunch of claims, some of which are probably false. I don't understand why we're running up wagon after wagon and eliciting more claims. I'm figuring I will have to claim soon and, although my role is verifiable, it's not the best benefit to town imo if I claim. I'm debating with myself over that. I'm trying to think why we're apparently collecting claims wholesale. If we're going to do that, we may as well mass-claim imo.

I'm wondering a few things and I don't have answers to them:

Heartless has to believe that a bulletproof or a doctor was responsible for the survival of whomever shot them. Yet they seem to have abandoned this idea and are pushing suspicions elsewhere.

I can fully understand RVS silliness vs. This is serious game, I am serious gamer. But bringing up out-of-game things repeatedly and taking potshots at people for being nice (implying it's fake) when apparently faking the same thing themselves early on... I don't know if that's playstyle or something else.

All of this talk about playstyle and being nice (or emotionally manipulative, whatever) has made me oddly self-conscious about my playstyle and being nice. It's weird and I don't recall it ever happening before, but it's sort of freaking me out.

I don't know which of these is responsible, but that's what I'm thinking about, if it helps.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by estival »

I don't really focus on OOG stuff because its only relevant in a very external way. I could have said the snow storm is why I have so much time today to follow this but it is not a thing for people to focus on as neither are the V\LA reasons that people sometimes provide.

I would still like you to point out what specifically in my interactions with Jackel caused you to scum read me.

Also, I don't fake niceness. That was my whole point. I do fluff in the beginning of the game because that's just fun. If I were faking niceness my entry, which you selectively seem to read, would not have an equal amount of real thoughts about players good and bad. For example, Gilgamesh has of yet not complained about my subtle or not so subtle comments about his roleplay.

I also mentioned Titus who has buddied me as scum and gotten me to kill a lot of town for it but I adore her because she's good at her game. People who take the game as somehow reflecting real life scare me.

Only you focused on it and only you know why.

However, more to the point again:

I would still like you to point out what specifically in my interactions with Jackel caused you to scum read me.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by Bookitty »

It's a straw man argument. I was waiting to see if you would correct yourself, but apparently not.

It is not your interactions with Jackel. Jackel pointed out your change in tone. You don't even deny that. That's what I agreed with Jackel about.

In post 1799, Reina wrote:
In post 1796, estival wrote:I didn't threaten him with a lynch? What and where and what? I've been poking fun at him having a frog avatar for a while now (see ISO).

Flubber, I haven't liked you in any game.

your post towards him is very clearly accusatory in how you're framing his behavior (refusing to partake in the three wagons) and jokingly threatening to him. The joking way you're prodding at him while still implying through your wording that he's scum and should be lynched is a scumtell, and that it comes right after he says something that MIGHT imply that he has some information about you is absolutely murderworthy.

I absolutely want you lynched today at this point and I very very very much do not want to compromise on this.

The above post has been altered to include a link to Post 1778 instead of just a mention of it.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:47 pm

Post by estival »

So you're sheeping Reina, is that what you're stating?

Reina's argument is flawed as hell. Jackel doesn't make the argument so be precise anyway.

What is the scum mindset behind prodding a player to give reads? Can you explain a scum mindset behind it?

Yes, my post is accusatory. Why should it not be based on my read of him?

Are you asking me what I transitioned from fluff mode to serious mode?

Based on this logic then my pointing out to Gilgamesh that there are synonyms for mongrel and stuff is what? A scum threat?

He has been in the game since day one but as he stated above he has no reads. None whatsoever. That's really striking.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by estival »

Jackel, has no reads whatsoever. He has no content outside of RVS. I am going to be accusatory and put lots of pressure because that is quite odd for a mafia game.

Again, Bookitty
What is the scum mindset behind prodding a player to give reads? Can you explain a scum mindset behind it?

Scum don't need to threaten people in thread. That is stupid as fuck. They act nice and then slash people's throats in their sleep.

You have no argument so you are clutching at straws.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1910, estival wrote:1. So you're sheeping Reina, is that what you're stating?

2. Reina's argument is flawed as hell. Jackel doesn't make the argument so be precise anyway.

3. What is the scum mindset behind prodding a player to give reads? Can you explain a scum mindset behind it?

1. Yes.

2. You're right. It was Flubbernugget, here:

In post 1792, Flubbernugget wrote:Did anybody else see estival's drop in "charisma" after cheetory's accusation?

I don't know why I was thinking it was Jackel. Apologies to both. The general point still stands.

3. To look town.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by estival »

So you think Jackel is town, on what merits?

Yes, I already agreed with your points on"charisma". I went from being in fluff mode to getting serious. There's a clear shift from talking casually to asking questions. Do you see it? Its a very natural progression from RVS stage to scum hunting.

What is your case on me? That I'm trying to look town? How and where? That means you think Jackel is town? Or do you know he is town?
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Post by estival »

The thing is your arguments are without merit. I can apply them to anyone in this thread and say, "hey so and so started of fluffing in RVS mode and they were so much fun and now their like asking questions and being mean boo hoo they must be scum because they aren't being nice anymore"
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Post by Bookitty »

In post 1913, estival wrote:1. So you think Jackel is town, on what merits?

2. Yes, I already agreed with your points on"charisma". I went from being in fluff mode to getting serious. There's a clear shift from talking casually to asking questions. Do you see it? Its a very natural progression from RVS stage to scum hunting.

3. What is your case on me? That I'm trying to look town? How and where? That means you think Jackel is town? Or do you know he is town?

1. Why do you think I think Jackel is town? I think Reina is town. I was even wrong about who said it, so why would you persist with the Jackel question after that? It would make more sense to ask me if I thought Flubber was town. Short answer, I don't have a good read on Jackel (I've only seen him as scum that I recall and it was different than this) and I am mildly townreading Flubber.

2. You didn't start "scumhunting" until you were questioned by Cheet. If he hadn't questioned you, would you have stayed in fluff mode? I don't know this.

3. I have already answered this. I don't know why you suddenly went into "scumhunting" mode upon the first attack on you, but it has nothing to do with Jackel anyway as I've already stated. So why are you trying to link the two even after I explained my mistake?
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by estival »

ISO me and tell me exactly where you see the shift.

I didn't go into scumhunting mode upon the first attack on me. I went from asking general questions to narrowing down people to scum hunt. ISO me and you see the progression quite clearly. It goes from wide net to narrow net.

I'm also not sure why you expect town to do when someone attacks them? Roll over and die? Bat their eyelashes at them and mew?

So point to specific posts in my ISO that you see as being tonally different in a way that doesn't make sense to you. Thanks.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by estival »

It is important to me whether you think Jackel is town or not because your issue comes from a post from out interaction. If you don't believe he is town, ISO him right now and give reads.

I want Reina to be the hammer on my wagon to put his convictions to the test so to speak.

I don't have a read on Flubber but being esoteric as town is not something I'm fond of at all.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Post by Bookitty »

I'll do this tomorrow. I'm sadly out of time for today.

In the meantime, I have a question for you. You seemed very confused about the hydra thing. Is it something you've never encountered before? Did you look at the player list and notice the two names in parentheses beside the name Heartless? Is it a new concept for you?

Inquiring minds want to know.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by estival »

I've heard of the term hydra and I actually played in a game with a hydra but it had one voice so to speak. They had a QT and both posted in their and then agreed upon the post they made for the game so there was no way to tell.

As Heartless pointed out some of his reads or statements seemed conflicting or different style of writing (one is more clipped) so that threw me off. As for the player list I don't remember, I think I assumed it was replace rather than a hydra.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 1901, Cheetory6 wrote:
Cheetory6 wrote:Wait no, this is about Jackel, right?
Why is one vote in a 27 player game deterring you from voting from someone? Especially since you're just not sure and you're not full on scumreading him? Seems like a ridiculous reason to not vote for someone.
What do you find scummy about estival?
Sera. Can you answer where your head was at here?
Honestly, I have no idea what's going on in my head anymore. I think we just need to lynch someone and end the fucking day. I know that sounds like a copout but I honestly cannot keep this game straight in my head.

I am honestly just sheeping townreads at this point in the game.

Unvote

Okay, I will hammer estival if estival gets to L-1. There, everyone happy?

Vote: theamateur

I hate this game right now fweugh.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Post by elusive »

No, why will you hammer me? I lean town on you. No, it will be a scum read of mine who has the balls to actually go with their convictions or they prove they are trying to mislynch town. Reina is my current top candidate for that.
estival
estival
Goon
estival
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by estival »

In post 1921, elusive wrote:No, why will you hammer me? I lean town on you. No, it will be a scum read of mine who has the balls to actually go with their convictions or they prove they are trying to mislynch town. Reina is my current top candidate for that.

FML, I can't tell which one my phone is logged into. But this is estival obviously.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Marquis »

alt of an alt of a hero
link in bio
theamatuer
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
theamatuer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Post by theamatuer »

unvote
Was focused on studying and ended up completely tuned out of the game. Gimme a day or so to read and I'll post something
Its just whatever

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”