Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 49, Elyse wrote:Let me guess...you did it for reactions?

I find that these kinds of "reaction tests" during RVS on page 1 are often meaningless and an easy way for scum to gain town cred.

That doesn't sound like a positive reason to call it "SCUMMY" to me, merely that it is not a good reason to call someone town. Can you explain further why you think it is the former, as opposed to the latter?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 1.02 - up to post #50.

InsdiousLemons[2]: pisskop, Aquanim
Eektor[2]: Aeronaut, oddmusic
Aquanim[2]: Elyse, InsidiousLemons
Metalcyanide[1]: eektor
Elyse[1]: toolenduso
Taly[1]: RadiantCowbells

Not Voting[4]: mykonian, Taly, TheDudeAbides, Metalcyanide[/left]

With 13 alive, it requires 7 votes to lynch.

Day ends on Monday, March 16th at 5:10 PM USA Mountain Time, or when a lynch occurs
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

Awwww, it seems I missed casting RVS. Screw it - VOTE: Pisskop he's the only one I've played with before obviously has to be scum because of that :lol:
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:09 pm

Post by Elyse »

In post 50, Aquanim wrote:
In post 49, Elyse wrote:Let me guess...you did it for reactions?

I find that these kinds of "reaction tests" during RVS on page 1 are often meaningless and an easy way for scum to gain town cred.

That doesn't sound like a positive reason to call it "SCUMMY" to me, merely that it is not a good reason to call someone town. Can you explain further why you think it is the former, as opposed to the latter?

You seem smart enough to realize that early reaction tests are meaningless, so it would make more sense for you to have ulterior motives.

However, I didn't know that then. I mostly said SCUMMY in all caps as an exaggeration since it's page 1. But yeah you do seem pretty smart and if you acknowledge that it makes sense to call someone either not town or scum based on what you did, then I think my vote is in the right place at the moment.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Elyse »

DON'T BRING US BACK TO RVS
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:11 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 52, Metalcyanide wrote:Awwww, it seems I missed casting RVS. Screw it - VOTE: Pisskop he's the only one I've played with before obviously has to be scum because of that :lol:

Why are you trying to bring us back to RVS...
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:29 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 53, Elyse wrote:You seem smart enough to realize that early reaction tests are meaningless, so it would make more sense for you to have ulterior motives.

However, I didn't know that then. I mostly said SCUMMY in all caps as an exaggeration since it's page 1. But yeah you do seem pretty smart and if you acknowledge that it makes sense to call someone either not town or scum based on what you did, then I think my vote is in the right place at the moment.

I might call my play a "reaction test", though not in the same pejorative sense you mean it. (Which is to say, I wasn't setting some ridiculous and meaningless trap for anyone.) I'm reasonably satisfied with having induced the beginnings of alignment-relative discussion before the end of page 1 by doing something controversial.

I'm also okay with taking care of your vote until (if and when) you have somewhere better to put it.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Post by Elyse »

Neato. I like you.

Hopefully you aren't scum.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 55, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 52, Metalcyanide wrote:Awwww, it seems I missed casting RVS. Screw it - VOTE: Pisskop he's the only one I've played with before obviously has to be scum because of that :lol:

Why are you trying to bring us back to RVS...

Because I always miss RVS and I was still reading what was going on....sorry UNVOTE: Pisskop
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:39 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

So, Metal/Taly both worthy of my votes and since there's no one on Taly

VOTE: metalcyanide
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Post by Elyse »

Why is Taly deserving of your vote?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think he is gauging for reactions, but I can see people may think this.

Anyway, I associate the word 'eek'-tor to scream, and scream to fear, and fear to mafia because mafia wants you to be afraid because they can kill you. - Conspiracy theory.

VOTE: eektor

ANYWAYS, hi everyone. :) Looking forward to this game, and hi odd. Seems like we are both in two games together. :P

specifically the first line is both overexplaining and noncommittal, both things I consider scummy.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:07 pm

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 59, RadiantCowbells wrote:So, Metal/Taly both worthy of my votes and since there's no one on Taly

VOTE: metalcyanide

Wow 2 posts and I'm worthy of a scum vote. Quickest scum read ever :lol:

In post 61, RadiantCowbells wrote:

Anyway, I associate the word 'eek'-tor to scream, and scream to fear, and fear to mafia because mafia wants you to be afraid because they can kill you. - Conspiracy theory.

ANYWAYS, hi everyone. :) Looking forward to this game, and hi odd. Seems like we are both in two games together. :P

specifically the first line is both overexplaining and noncommittal, both things I consider scummy.

I like this, but I have some issues with it as well. Need to see some more real talk before I know how I feel about it.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon
Location: Usually C minor or A minor with some F major mixed in

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by oddmusic »

Sigh…I hate this part of the game.

VOTE: Metalcyanide

An RVS vote after most of the players are out of RVS is one thing, annoying sure, but not a huge problem. An RVS acknowledging that we've left RVS but saying "oh hey, I want to play the RVS game too!" Blech. Not a strong scumread, but frankly, I haven't seen anything more substantial to build a case on for this game.
Strange chords are playing in the wind

I once thought the above pretentious drivel was a good idea for a signature.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:31 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

I investigated Mykonian in pre-game and he is scum:
Vote: Mykyonian
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Taly »

In post 23, Taly wrote:
In post 21, Elyse wrote:Hai mykonian, tool, Aeronaut, and RC!!!

This is my first game in like a year I think. (Probably more like 6 months lol)

ANYWAY

VOTE: Aquanim

Three votes on page 1 is SCUMMY even if two of them were the same person in a pointless vote/unvote.

I'm surprised no one else has voted for him tbh. Catch up folks.

Um... I was the third vote on eektor? I was just adding onto a pressure bandwagoning to get more elaborate responses from people.

Since eektor hasn't really done anything worthy of concern, and some people here have made their presence
blatant.

UNVOTE: eektor

In post 61, RadiantCowbells wrote:

Because being afraid of death in RVS is scummy, and that was my first post... I already stated I detected no seriousness on the first page and so my pressure vote was meant to be taken lightly.... I think there are bigger cases than us right now, hon. :P

Plus, it makes me wonder if you're a bit nervous, other people are questioning if others are being scummy, and here you vote for me out of RVS on something I said that WAS RVS? Are you diverting attention away from someone, or yourself? More importantly: Do you think an RVS vote is worth a possible lynch? Your reasoning seems avoidant, and unnecessary, and that isn't nice for the towns progression. (Just my conclusion.)

And as far as other people voting for metal, mykyo, and aquanim. I don't know what my response is to that --- I'm a high school sophomore by the way, so I'm limited to 1, maybe 2 posts on a thread per morning. I'll give you guys more of my thoughts later today.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:12 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 65, Taly wrote:...
Um... I was the third vote on eektor? I was just adding onto a pressure bandwagoning to get more elaborate responses from people.

Since eektor hasn't really done anything worthy of concern, and some people here have made their presence
blatant.

UNVOTE: eektor

Who are you referring to as "blatant"... for that matter, what do you mean by the word?

(Don't worry about hurting my feelings, if your answer swings in that direction.)

If you've decided eektor is no longer worthy of your vote, I'd like to know who you think is.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:35 am

Post by eektor »

In post 64, TheDudeAbides wrote:I investigated Mykonian in pre-game and he is scum:

Is this supposed to be an RVS vote?

Well we are out of RVS so I'm going to unvote

UNVOTE:
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:11 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 15, toolenduso wrote:
In post 14, mykonian wrote:I don't think I'm supposed to know anyone else? I hope I didn't insult anyone with that. Sorry in that case. I am bad with names.

YOU WERE ONE OF THREE REVIEWERS FOR A GAME I NEVER GOT PAST THE REVIEW STAGE HOW CAN YOU NOT REMEMBER YOU DON'T LOVE ME!

I've reviewed so many :(

In post 64, TheDudeAbides wrote:I investigated Mykonian in pre-game and he is scum:

counterclaim one shot pre-game cop. TheDudeisscum.

vote thedude

on a more serious note, I don't like eektor.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:26 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

I'm liking Aquanim a fair bit more now.
UNVOTE: Aquanim
Not loving eektor, he's been posting fairly frequently but briefly and without much substance, mostly just agreeing with other people. He hasn't been doing much hunting.
Don't know how I feel about Taly. I think I like him, for the most part.
I don't like Metal, at least not much. A meaningless RVS vote and an immediate retraction with an apology is fishy, to say the least. It eliminates the possibility of a reaction test and, while it could just be chalked up to laziness, apathy is at best a null tell. Seems scummy to me.
This is L-1.
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:31 am

Post by eektor »

In post 68, mykonian wrote:

counterclaim one shot pre-game cop. TheDudeisscum.

vote thedude

on a more serious note, I don't like eektor.

So you think I'm scummy but instead of voting for me, you chose to continue with an RVS vote?
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:34 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 69, InsidiousLemons wrote:I'm liking Aquanim a fair bit more now.
Not loving eektor, he's been posting fairly frequently but briefly and without much substance, mostly just agreeing with other people. He hasn't been doing much hunting.
I don't like Metal, at least not much. A meaningless RVS vote and an immediate retraction with an apology is fishy, to say the least. It eliminates the possibility of a reaction test and, while it could just be chalked up to laziness, apathy is at best a null tell. Seems scummy to me.
This is L-1.

How does a vote and retraction take away from a reaction test. If I say so I've gotten a couple good reactions. Like putting someone at L-1 when another person is counter claiming a cop role.
Hard scum read on InsidiousLemons, but not a target right now I want to hear from TheDude about the counter claim and more from mykonian

Also, is there a list of the roles in this game I can't seem to find it.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:38 am

In post 71, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 69, InsidiousLemons wrote:I'm liking Aquanim a fair bit more now.
This is L-1.

How does a vote and retraction take away from a reaction test. If I say so I've gotten a couple good reactions.
Like putting someone at L-1 when another person is counter claiming a cop role.

Hard scum read on InsidiousLemons, but not a target right now I want to hear from TheDude about the counter claim and more from mykonian

Also, is there a list of the roles in this game I can't seem to find it.

The cop counterclaim was clearly a joke. Just look at the tone of the post.
And no, this isn't an open game. We don't know what roles there are and how many.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:41 am

And you apologized immediately. You played it off as a mistake regardless of what it actually was, and thus somewhat detracted from the range of possible reactions. It doesn't add up.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:48 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

In post 73, InsidiousLemons wrote:And you apologized immediately. You played it off as a mistake regardless of what it actually was, and thus somewhat detracted from the range of possible reactions. It doesn't add up.

I can play things as I want, but I think I can see where your coming from
You still didn't acknowledgement of the above counterclaim

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”