Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:04 pm

Post by InsidiousLemons »

In post 124, Taly wrote:
In post 121, toolenduso wrote:I don't know if scumMetal would
necessarily
know or not know that there was a list of roles, but it is just one example of many in his ISO of him making posts that don't look calculated at all, which given his amount of experience I would kind of expect that they would be. Rather he's playing things very off-the-cuff and doesn't really appear to be trying to make himself look good, so he looks towny to me.

This post from Taly, however, does come across as a little worried about how he looks and a tad calculated. Worth pushing right now IMO.

VOTE: Taly

@Metal, I don't understand your scumread on Lemons.

@Myko, do you see anybody worth pushing yet?

Do you have any questions you would want to ask me?

I do, why did you feel the need to defend yourself so vigorously and repetitively? Those 2 paragraphs could have just as effectively been condensed into a few sentences, and they look panicked as hell. I'm not necessarily insinuating that you're scum but unless you're a generally defensive player I want to know why you've been so apprehensive.
In post 123, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 121, toolenduso wrote:

What's part? I'm looking at a failed L-1, a hard push because of my first 2 posts, and a reaction test that wasn't a reaction test. It looks scummy as hell. If it really was just bad play it was really bad play.

A failed L-1 because of me sucking at math, a hard push because, honestly, did you see anything else to push? The game needs direction and town needs information so I figured I'd at least try and provide both. And by the reaction test I assume you mean the failed L-1. You're making two points look like three.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:18 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 125, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 124, Taly wrote:
In post 121, toolenduso wrote:I don't know if scumMetal would
necessarily
know or not know that there was a list of roles, but it is just one example of many in his ISO of him making posts that don't look calculated at all, which given his amount of experience I would kind of expect that they would be. Rather he's playing things very off-the-cuff and doesn't really appear to be trying to make himself look good, so he looks towny to me.

This post from Taly, however, does come across as a little worried about how he looks and a tad calculated. Worth pushing right now IMO.

VOTE: Taly

@Myko, do you see anybody worth pushing yet?

Do you have any questions you would want to ask me?

I do, why did you feel the need to defend yourself so vigorously and repetitively? Those 2 paragraphs could have just as effectively been condensed into a few sentences, and they look panicked as hell. I'm not necessarily insinuating that you're scum but unless you're a generally defensive player I want to know why you've been so apprehensive.

I wouldn't exactly think of myself as being a very apprehensive or defensive player, this is 1 of 3 of my first mafia games I am playing on this forum(and all are still at D1), and I have not had a lot of in-game experience outside of this. I'm trying to find a way to be more concise and shorter in my paragraphs. Aside from that, I'm just thinking it is easier for others to get on the same page as me if I explain my position, it gives people more upfront information about me instead of them needing to poke information from me. I am receptive to peoples questions because I want a better idea of who is most likely to be town or scum as much as they do. I don't really get why me justifying my position on my actions seem panicky, I'm just doing what I think is best to put things in perspective.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:26 pm

No personal offense, but your wording and redundancy wasn't exactly excellent, which gives of an air of having rushed through your defense. It might just be the way you write, but your other posts, like 114 and 65, seemed much more level-headed. I especially note that you are much better at telling your opinions of others than at defending yourself, which seems a bit off especially considering that 114 is directly after your defense post, 113. I can't speak to your meta as we can't discuss ongoing games, but your apprehension in your defense is something to note. Inviting questions and giving reads is good. I'll withhold my vote for now.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Aquanim »

@Taly
: I believe that stating how many games you are in and that they are all in day 1 is acceptable (I mean, they are verifiable facts after all) but don't say anything more about ongoing games. (You probably know this already but I think it's best to be explicit.)

In the light of his #121 what is your read on toolenduso?

@InsidiousLemons
: I'm presently voting you; would you like to make an argument as to where my vote would be better placed?
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 1.04 - up to post #128.

Metalcyanide[2]: RadiantCowbells, oddmusic
InsdiousLemons[2]: pisskop, Aquanim
Eektor[1]: Aeronaut
Aquanim[1]: Elyse
Mykonian[1]: TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides[1]: mykonian
Taly[1]: Toolenduso

Not Voting[3]: Taly, Metalcyanide, InsidiousLemons

With 13 alive, it requires 7 votes to lynch.

Day ends on Monday, March 16th at 5:10 PM USA Mountain Time, or when a lynch occurs
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:43 pm

Not really. I don't have much of a case for anyone right now, and I'd like to see what those who are presently offline make of recent posts. Your vote's honestly fine on me right now, to suggest voting anyone else would be hypocritical and you don't seem like the type to unvote without revoting. I'm gonna head to bed now, I'll likely catch up and read a teensy bit in the morning and properly post in the afternoon. See ya.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Taly »

In post 128, Aquanim wrote:
@Taly
: I believe that stating how many games you are in and that they are all in day 1 is acceptable (I mean, they are verifiable facts after all) but don't say anything more about ongoing games. (You probably know this already but I think it's best to be explicit.)

@InsidiousLemons
: I'm presently voting you; would you like to make an argument as to where my vote would be better placed?

- This is also a response to Insidious' post previous to this ones.

--- I'm sorry if I overlooked a minor rule in speaking about ongoing games, (even if it didn't really give insight beyond me verifying how much I know), I just said that to tell you guys that trying to find a meta or specific strategy about me right now isn't something to get very far, since that's something I'm doing myself, I also question the theory of meta, and I don't know a lot about it specifically.

I think me coming across as defensive is more like a personality thing, I stand by what I've said so far, and even though the wording can be worked on, I've said all I believe I should say about this right now.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I'd still like an answer to the other part of #128 re. your read on toolenduso. Given the quantity of his posts so far I don't expect much of a read - just the vibe you're getting will suffice.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 61, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I think he is gauging for reactions, but I can see people may think this.

Anyway, I associate the word 'eek'-tor to scream, and scream to fear, and fear to mafia because mafia wants you to be afraid because they can kill you. - Conspiracy theory.

VOTE: eektor

ANYWAYS, hi everyone. :) Looking forward to this game, and hi odd. Seems like we are both in two games together. :P

specifically the first line is both overexplaining and noncommittal, both things I consider scummy.

Really? I mean what would be a terser way of putting it, and what should she be committing to?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:30 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 67, eektor wrote:
In post 64, TheDudeAbides wrote:I investigated Mykonian in pre-game and he is scum:
Vote: Mykyonian

Is this supposed to be an RVS vote?

Well we are out of RVS so I'm going to unvote

UNVOTE:

Nope. but are you telling me that you know he's town?
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 90, Elyse wrote:After two people told metalcyanide to stop bringing us back to RVS, why would you slap down an RVS vote?

I think the whole "bringing us back to RVS" business is bogus. I mean the game is going to progress regardless.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:35 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 101, InsidiousLemons wrote:
In post 96, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 90, Elyse wrote:
What's the point of unvoting? Same to you Taly and metalcyanide.

None, I could have left it there and still said sorry but it was a nothing vote so I unvoted. Hell even the sorry was just an olive branch that I think some scum are using as a weapon.

Post by Elyse » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:33 pm

@Metal
How many games have you played onsite?

2 games. I played in one full game that just completed and replaced into one that is ongoing but died quickly in.

This is town. I've pushed hard enough.
UNVOTE:

This is unbelievable.

In post 103, InsidiousLemons wrote:I probably didn't need to push that Metal wagon as hard as I did.

What are you thinking of here?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 79, pisskop wrote:I was waiting for you to claim 'reaction test'

Why would he need to do that?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:44 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Eelyse and metalcyanide are okay.

Vote: InsidiousLemons
-Thompson.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 pm

Post by Aquanim »

Hey dude.

Spoiler:
I'm going to keep doing that. I'm sorry.

In post 134, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 64, TheDudeAbides wrote:I investigated Mykonian in pre-game and he is scum:

UNVOTE:

Are you telling me that you think he's scum?

In post 135, TheDudeAbides wrote:
In post 90, Elyse wrote:After two people told metalcyanide to stop bringing us back to RVS, why would you slap down an RVS vote?

I think the whole "bringing us back to RVS" business is bogus. I mean the game is going to progress regardless.

I agree with you up to a point, but why didn't you contribute to progressing the game at that stage?
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 139, Aquanim wrote:I'm going to keep doing that. I'm sorry.

Oh god no.

quote="In post 139, Aquanim"]Are you telling me that you think he's scum?[/quote]
He's not out of the woods.

In post 139, Aquanim wrote:why didn't you contribute to progressing the game at that stage?

I'd only skimmed the thread and I decided that I was going to do that before the game even started.
-Thompson.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 140, TheDudeAbides wrote:...
In post 139, Aquanim wrote:why didn't you contribute to progressing the game at that stage?

I'd only skimmed the thread and I decided that I was going to do that before the game even started.

I figured.

What's your reason for townreading Metalcyanide at this point? I can't say I'm a fan of the "Time to get information from other people" into "Peace out!" transition myself though I'm prepared to give him time to make good.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

If he was interested in or thought there could be a list of roles, there's no way that doesn't come up in the scum thread, and the fact that he asked about it, at that moment shows that he's trying to figure out what's going on.
-Thompson.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:20 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 121, toolenduso wrote:@Myko, do you see anybody worth pushing yet?

not really, I have two vague townreads, three vague scumreads (eektor, taly, lemons). I think I'm voting someone town.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:15 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 143, mykonian wrote:...
I think I'm voting someone town.

That sounds suboptimal if you're town. Feasible, but suboptimal.

I can see the others, but given his inexperience I'm not yet sold on Taly as a scumread. Would you mind explaining what you're seeing?
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:17 am

Post by eektor »

In post 134, TheDudeAbides wrote:

UNVOTE:

That's a pretty big misrep and no I don't think he's town. So why did you take your vote off him, if you know he's scum?
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:32 am

Post by eektor »

Well so far I'm leaning town on aquanim and metal.

Insidious Lemon, I'm not sure what to think. At first I thought he was town, but I didn't like the whole pushing hard on metal while trying to find an excuse to jump off the wagon. Then his exchange with metal afterwards seemed a bit fake.

Leaning scum on mykonian. I don't like the whole I think you're scummy but I will continue the RVS. Also, the I'm keeping my vote on someone who I think is town.

Leaning scum on oddmusic. I think his vote on metal was a bit opportunistic and done without much commitment to it. I don't like how nobody is even mentioning him.

VOTE: oddmusic
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:44 am

Alright, I'm gonna say one last time I wasn't looking for an excuse, I was looking for a reason. People accuse me of pushing too hard so I back off a bit and try not to tunnel. Metal explains his shit, Elyse makes some good points, I back off.
I'm more bewildered than anything by TheDude, and I'll have to take a look at the two eek's mentioned as well as a few other ISO's as oddmusic at least has apparently been flying under the radar according to eek, but I'm running out of time and I have to leave for school. I'll analyze a bit further this afternoon.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:49 am

Post by Taly »

In post 128, Aquanim wrote:
@Taly

@InsidiousLemons

Grr, I keep misreading some things going on

My thoughts on
toolenduso
? He seems to have good reason to push me since he doesn't know a lot about me, I don't think I've appeared very panicky as I've said, and I don't get the 'tad bit calculated' thought from him. To me it sounds like he is scum hunting based off the people who seem to show awareness and thought process in their words, which can be a townie and scum thing depending on whether it is used to help town or to manipulate them. It's valid, but it doesn't seem to hold up as a strong scummy read, at least to only try and get information. So I'd say his vote is gauging for reactions, which can be either alignment, it is too early to tell someones intentions just off of that.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:51 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 144, Aquanim wrote:
In post 143, mykonian wrote:...
I think I'm voting someone town.

That sounds suboptimal if you're town. Feasible, but suboptimal.
Oh, very much so. I do not intend to keep it that way.

I can see the others, but given his inexperience I'm not yet sold on Taly as a scumread. Would you mind explaining what you're seeing?

Mostly post 114 and 124. Esspecially the last is a bit awkward. The first is less obvious, could maybe even go either way depending on who taly is, but I think that's slightly scummy.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”