Newbie 1568: Cleveland Mafia - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 690, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'd be OK lynching house but that's notr of a policy at this point, I'm not sure if he's scum though his hop off dodgy brings Mr back to thinking he's actually protecting dodgy. Im good lynching pulindar also but no time and I don't think their is support. Dodgy unfortunately hasn't don't enough to convince me he's not scum and we don't have more time, I doubt we would get an extension.

I think this might be an attempt to deflect from dodgy.
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:37 pm

Post by Zar »

Spoiler: Jake's IRL interjections
In post 452, Jake from State Farm wrote:Work has been so busy for me that I haven't had much labtop time,

In post 454, Jake from State Farm wrote:'ll try to read the last page at lunch, I'm turning my phone off for so no distractions this morning at work. Got a 4 day weekend coming up and am swamped.

In post 466, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'll be back to respond more later, gotta take my daughter to practice

In post 752, Jake from State Farm wrote:Not sure if the mod said anything or not but I had an emergency pop up the other day and am v/la. I should be back by Monday hopefully.

In post 779, Jake from State Farm wrote:2 hour delays screw my entire day up and it doesn't help when my daughter is trying to make up an illness to get out of school

These remind me a bit of the reaons given by dodgy to explain his lack of posting in thread.

I have a tendency to take the continued mention of things keeping people away from thread to be more commonly scum-driven than town driven. While certainly, life does happen outside thee forums and it can suck and emergencies exist and the world out there can at times be more exciting, there's a certain motivation to keep from posting as scum if you're not being suspected (and even if you're being suspected). The more active you are and the less likely you are to die, the more paranoid it makes the town players as the probScum!slot keeps surviving. I find it's more common for mafia-aligned players that are aware of suspicious activity levels to give detail of what's keeping them away; it's not necessarily these aren't happening truly; just that it helps justify the lack of contribution. If I were to describe it in some way, it's sort of convincing yourself that it's justified you're not posting --not because you're mafia, but because [[things happening]].

Probably my biggest and best memory for this is the Scummies game from a couple of years ago, that's very much how xReckx got away with not posting much. I've seen it as recurring site meta here and dodgy was a big offender.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 864, Zar wrote:
In post 853, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 850, Zar wrote:actually
@Mod: If House had three votes, but I unvoted, leaving him with only two; was he still going to be the plurality lynch for having received up to three votes, or would that have been a no-lynch?

Yes, as of VC 2.09 House would still have been the plurality lynch.

It's fairly obvious the roleblocker bussed. But which of you is the busser? :/

So, Jake voted House first which still gave him plurality; but then switched to dodgy, which is a better position for a goon to gain cred, I think. If I had not voted for dodgy and evened out the wagons instead, House would have still been lynched, right?

There's also this, and Jake asking the mod about Plurality makes me think the move to vote House was calculated, as dodgy would have been plurality lynched if Jake hadn't voted for House.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:54 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 999, Zar wrote:
In post 680, dodgy56 wrote:if we lynch neo and he flips town im voting nether. If he flips scum nether is pretty much conftown in my eyes as i dont see fake vs nether d1 as scum vs scum. so id lynch pulindar. the reverse is true as well.

Let's try to peek into dodgy's brain, and assume nether is town in this scenario, since I've thought he's likelier to be town regardless:

neo lynch -> NK -> nether lynch = Scum Victory?
Pulindar lynch -> NK -> nether/neo lynch = Scum Victory?

Occam's razor here too suggests dodgy's suspects where town mislynch line-ups.
Show

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:57 pm

Post by Jake from State Farm »

Those were all legit and of course I don't expect the mod to confirm I pm'd him but I did and was kinda peeved he didn't post it in one of opening posts or in a VC. Work has been crazy for me in February. I did have a family emergency I did take a trip for my birthday, I do hate 2 hour delays because it screws my entire day, where as a day off school doesn't cause I have backup care. My dog did have to go to.the emergency vet after a night of vomiting.

That isn't alignment related, its real life. What I did.was nothing like what dodgy did. And yes that post does kinda look like I was trying to deflect from dodgy, but I was scum reading both players so what it actually was, is me saying I'm OK with either person.

I know you can't really trust me but when I bus somebody, I go all out (I can show you examples). I know how to make busses look legitimate. The only way busses work are to go hard core, kinda like how nether did.

If you want to lynch me cause my IRL was fucked up/busy, fine but I don't lurk on purpose. I despise that strategy even from scum.
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:59 pm

In post 1002, Zar wrote:
In post 864, Zar wrote:
In post 853, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 850, Zar wrote:actually
@Mod: If House had three votes, but I unvoted, leaving him with only two; was he still going to be the plurality lynch for having received up to three votes, or would that have been a no-lynch?

Yes, as of VC 2.09 House would still have been the plurality lynch.

It's fairly obvious the roleblocker bussed. But which of you is the busser? :/

So, Jake voted House first which still gave him plurality; but then switched to dodgy, which is a better position for a goon to gain cred, I think. If I had not voted for dodgy and evened out the wagons instead, House would have still been lynched, right?

There's also this, and Jake asking the mod about Plurality makes me think the move to vote House was calculated, as dodgy would have been plurality lynched if Jake hadn't voted for House.

I asked about it cause I hadn't seen it in a vote count and wasn't sure if the rule had been removed. My vote on house I don't believe had any effect on who would have been lynched.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:08 pm

In post 656, Jake from State Farm wrote:At least house is here participating, even though he's playing sort of like how wake was playing in another game. Playing poorly either for the lulz or for idk.

Dodgy has been dodging the game all game long and failing to deliver on his promises. I'm sticking with my gut read on him

vote: dodgy

That's L-1 I believe

At this point house would have still been lynched. If.I was scum and I knew that, why would I vote dodgy instead of stall and wait for dodgy to come back? If yky think I was calculating pluarity, I would have known that and my Vote makes no sense.

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:10 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 772, Netherspite wrote:I've been re-reading Jake from State Farm's posts in D1 as well. Yes, he was flying under radar successfully. Yet I find him never showing any association signs with dodgy56. He was rather scumreading him in the beginning.
Also, Jake from State Farm was one of those who insisted on waiting for replacements and discussing more instead of hammering.

I don't think this would've been a wise move coming from scum unless Netherspite is really manipulative. At this point, he's cornering himself with House as a likely suspect by "clearing" Jake.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 1006, Jake from State Farm wrote:At this point house would have still been lynched. If.I was scum and I knew that, why would I vote dodgy instead of stall and wait for dodgy to come back? If yky think I was calculating pluarity, I would have known that and my Vote makes no sense.

If you're the roleblocker, the goon is expendable. If you even the wagons out, you gain cred if your really suspected partner gets lynched. You already know who the cop is, so you don't need to worry about him clearing anyone. All you need to do is try to kill the Doc. Also, House had achieved plurality first than dodgy, you leaving the vote on dodgy as a palceholder is risky, yet profitable if the day ends apathetically or you can swindle someone into the other wagon (sinc you had flip-flopped between both).
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 813, Netherspite wrote:
In post 808, Jake from State Farm wrote:But dodgy was a goon, if I was scum I'd earn massive town cred bussing him. I was on his case for most of the game but all I could really point to was lurking and since I was pressuring jackal for lurking and he was cop, I was kind of gun shy about another.

P.edit - OK thanks

This post does not make much sense.

You first say that you'd get massive town cred for bussing him and you're admitting you were on his case for most of the game without much reasoning (which looks like bussing).

Can you elaborate on what were you trying to say?

^ and what Nether said.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 985, Netherspite wrote:Until the last moment I was even thinking that there's something in the setup I'm missing, that it's not you, that it's someone of Zar and Pulindar. But this is clearly not possible: if we didn't have a Doc, Zar wouldn't get "No Result". And if we didn't have Cop, we would have a Tracker who would CC. So this leaves us only with you as the scum.

This post however is weird as hell.
Show

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:20 pm

I guess but if I was scum worried about town cred, I would have hard bussed him. Kinds like what nether did. Nether got mad his buddy hammered so he planned to hard bus dodgy. That's what I would have done.

P.edit - clearly you have never seen me bus...

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:21 pm

And I did have a good reason for my dodgy scum read

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 1004, Jake from State Farm wrote:Those were all legit and of course I don't expect the mod to confirm I pm'd him but I did and was kinda peeved he didn't post it in one of opening posts or in a VC. Work has been crazy for me in February. I did have a family emergency I did take a trip for my birthday, I do hate 2 hour delays because it screws my entire day, where as a day off school doesn't cause I have backup care. My dog did have to go to.the emergency vet after a night of vomiting.

That isn't alignment related, its real life. What I did.was nothing like what dodgy did. And yes that post does kinda look like I was trying to deflect from dodgy, but I was scum reading both players so what it actually was, is me saying I'm OK with either person.

I know you can't really trust me but when I bus somebody, I go all out (I can show you examples). I know how to make busses look legitimate. The only way busses work are to go hard core, kinda like how nether did.

If you want to lynch me cause my IRL was fucked up/busy, fine but I don't lurk on purpose. I despise that strategy even from scum.

It's not a reason just on its own, it's more combined with an array of the other things I've found, it makes me think you're the last mafia.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 1012, Jake from State Farm wrote:And I did have a good reason for my dodgy scum read

What was that reason?
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 550, Jake from State Farm wrote:I will say from what I remember, it was a good case but I didn't click on the links or anything. I have been scum reading him myself. I'm not ready to drop a vote now though cause I've missed too much and want to be informed before moving my vote.

^ This is what you said. It doesn't sound like a committed scumread to me.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 1011, Jake from State Farm wrote:I guess but if I was scum worried about town cred, I would have hard bussed him. Kinds like what nether did. Nether got mad his buddy hammered so he planned to hard bus dodgy. That's what I would have done.

I thought you had said you didn't like to bus unless you were being bussed?
Show

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:46 pm

In post 1014, Zar wrote:
In post 1012, Jake from State Farm wrote:And I did have a good reason for my dodgy scum read

What was that reason?

Him claiming scum

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:47 pm

In post 1016, Zar wrote:
In post 1011, Jake from State Farm wrote:I guess but if I was scum worried about town cred, I would have hard bussed him. Kinds like what nether did. Nether got mad his buddy hammered so he planned to hard bus dodgy. That's what I would have done.

Idk if I said I don't like to bus unless I'm being busses, but I did say I don't like to bus in general. Doesn't mean I won't if I have to

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:49 pm

In post 1015, Zar wrote:
In post 550, Jake from State Farm wrote:I will say from what I remember, it was a good case but I didn't click on the links or anything. I have been scum reading him myself. I'm not ready to drop a vote now though cause I've missed too much and want to be informed before moving my vote.

^ This is what you said. It doesn't sound like a committed scumread to me.

Why? Cause I wasn't caught up on the game at that point?

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:51 pm

And yes I.know you think I'm the last scum. I.don't.think I can even.change your mind at this point but doesn't mean I'm.going to stop trying.

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:50 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 1017, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 1014, Zar wrote:

What was that reason?

Him claiming scum

You must be kidding.
1. Town can scumclaim during RVS as well. Scum is likelier to do it but it's not a 100% guarantee.
2. You said yourself that you've seen town doing that.
3. You said you don't want to lynch him based on that in .

In post 1018, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 1016, Zar wrote:

Idk if I said I don't like to bus unless I'm being busses, but I did say I don't like to bus in general. Doesn't mean I won't if I have to

You said that you don't like to bus unless you're being bussed in another completed game.
I found it during my meta check on you and brought it up in . You admitted it's truth in .
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:29 am

Post by Zar »

Last night, I had a dream. It involved Nacho popping up in my head and saying that if a player pre-emptively decides to buss their goon, they could coast to victory. The dream also had Masonity in it (he's from Westeros), twirling his mustache and cackling like Mina in the scummies.

IF HOUSE HAD ONLY NOT SELF-VOTED ;_;
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:30 am

Post by Zar »

To the any newbies out there reading this: Endgame is the most humbling experience for the soul. It destroys your confidence.
Show

Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:33 am

Post by Zar »

In post 1017, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 1014, Zar wrote:

What was that reason?

Him claiming scum

Under that logic, why didn't you vote Netherspite?
Show

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”