Mini 1649: Jabberwocky Mafia (Game Over)

goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:48 am

Post by goodmorning »

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

Votecount 1.12
TierShift [L-3] - Elbirn, Titus, AxleGreaser, Witness Protection

BRantz [L-5] - Valkyrie Mollie, hi im Yakko
Valkyrie Mollie [L-5] - farside22, T S O
AxleGreaser [L-6] - TierShift
Belisarius [L-6] - Seraphim
farside22 [L-6] - BRantz
hi im Yakko [L-6] - Aeronaut
Aeronaut [L-6] - Belisarius

Not Voting [0] -

With 13 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-03-10 20:00:00).

Elbirn and farside are V/LA.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Elb: I think it's obvious I still think vm is scum. As for my half read I have ADD, which there is a thread I posted on I think 2 months ago. You can believe it or not. I have the issue no matter my alignment.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:41 am

Post by Witness Protection »

In post 320, Aeronaut wrote:Prod recieved

I may or may not have
forgotten this game existed.. I apologize. Will post reads
at some point
soon and what-have-you

This sounds like fake nonchalance.

I may or may not have a pretty firm scum read on this slot. I may or may not be waiting on responses from slots (Tiershift, Seraphim, Yakko)

AxleGreaser wrote:So guys voting wagons you reasonably believe could be todays lynch or at the very least explaining why you wont vote this one.
and then explaining what you are doing to get the alternative lynched.

Tiershift is a good wagon, and I agree he's pretty scummy. Reminds me of BRO's play in Varsoon Mafia. Would be willing to lynch Aeronaut or Seraphim as a compromise Day 1 lynch. Wouldn't that be awesome? A TierAeroSera scum team. Sounds way too easy. :(

I'm stuck. Waiting for
anything
that's not a prod dodge from several slots. (You know who you are.)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:51 am

Post by TierShift »

I see I'm being wagoned. I haven't read any of the game and will go hitchhiking from tomorrow to sunday evening. I feel like I have a negative presence on this game.

I will either post tonight or replace out.
Sorry.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 am

Post by T S O »

Yeah, catch-up time!
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:38 am

Post by TierShift »

2 pages in and I'm already sick of axle and WP. Gonna skip their posts. If there's somethng useful in them, someone tell me.
In post 40, Elbirn wrote:On to business.

---------------

@AxleGreaser:
You seem to be paying particular attention to TSO in & , voting and unvoting him, then asking him of his school schedule and telling us that you've read a few of his games. Why is that? It seems an unnecessary amount of attention this early. Or, rather, it's strange that you would pick someone at random to already have under your magnifying glass, seemingly before the game even started. What's your interest with TSO?

---------------

In post 36, Witness Protection wrote:@ Bel It's Wonderland, so I can't blame you. I'm pretty ignorant right now too. All I know for sure,... , is that I need something.

In post 38, Witness Protection wrote:EBWOP Without it, I'm barely more than a treestump. But if I get my key to my rollerskate,... , see if anyone gets the joke, I may become this game's MVP!!! It
could
happen!?!

*Scratches head* Alright I'll bite, what do you need from us WP?

This post has a 'look at me trying, I must be town'-feel to it. Let's see how this slot develops.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:45 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 59, Elbirn wrote:[Anyway I'm gonna go ahead and do this.

VOTE: Tiershift

If Titus is always scum why aren't you voting her? Is it because you're scum too?

I thought this was a joke the first time around I read this. Now I'm not so sure. I think it's more likely follow-up of the try-harding.
In post 62, Titus wrote:VOTE: Tiershift

Sneaking so a cw forms on me.

I like titus this game.
In post 77, Belisarius wrote:Actually, WP's babbling has served a useful (albeit inconclusive) purpose from the back of my eyes.

It's a start, anyways.

I like beli, he feels relaxed, but it's not a strong read.
In post 83, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 82, Titus wrote:One more vote on me and we'll have two competing wagons to analyze.

Sounds fair. What am I voting you for? You got any reads, however weak yet?

I think BRantz may be scum. We'll see.

VOTE: Titus

Reasons? um, RVS

WP probably town
In post 85, Titus wrote:Witness Protection is likely town or scum with Tiershift. There is town red to be had (before I was overt in drawing votes to myself) in just throwing a vote on the tier wagon. He doesn't vote there.

I get similar town feels from you. The over explanation and hostility weaken my townread of you though. Most of the information I get from wagon analysis is later in the game. Since I know I am town, this creates a semi natural wagon analysis. Is it perfect? Nope but we are out of rvs.

We should have been out of RVS when Tier reacted negatively to one of my first posts. Yet he did not cast a serious vote against me.

Farside did cast a serious vote against me but I do not know why. (Please explain Farside)

I thiiink titus is town but I can never be too sure with her
In post 89, Elbirn wrote:
I'm not liking Tier so far regardless of RVS or whatever. Not certain why his vote is still on Axle, seems to have some hangups over voting you. Passive Aggressive attitude as well. Eh. Not feeling it.

I want you to explain why you think I was being passive aggressive. I thnk it's an untrue statement. Back it up, please.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:09 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 107, BRantz wrote:
Tier's in response to it, but Tier realizing that he misunderstood later feels somewhat genuine.

Why is 91 weird?
In post 122, Valkyrie Mollie wrote:So far I haz townread on these people.
- WP
- Titus
- Elbirn
- Axle

Probably obvious townreads but I won't lynch any of these folks today.

Why is elbirn town?
In post 134, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:
In post 109, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 106, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Your casual-meta failed you. You want meta, one of my first large games the town basically posted itself to death; it was impossible for them to find any signal in all the noise they created. So yes, I think it was a waste of time, drunk uncle, creating noise which downs out signal and hurting the motivation of some players. I would lean town on you, that doesn't mean I have to think you've been at all helpful.

Was this a game Varsoon was in??? If so, then there you have it. Or are you advocating lurker lynches?

No. Yes.

VOTE: hi im Yakko

I like dddp.
In post 158, Titus wrote:Tier thinks I made a bad post. Refuses to vote me.
Tier has posts denying he has read the thread while selectively responding to content. #91
Tier has provided no content.
Tier has refused to vote me despite being the only player he reacted negatively to.

I sometimes do not vote in RVS. It's pretty much random if I do or don't, I don't really care about it. Why is that scummy?
I hadn't read page 2/page 3 I believe, I did read the lster posts. I didn't have a full picture of the thread at that time and I didn't feel like reading.

While I feel these points are okay for titus to make, I find it weird that up t this very moment, she's voting me. Doesn't sound like a strong read. Comment please, titus.
In post 171, BRantz wrote:@far: It isn't vm town reading people that's the problem. It's vm calling them unlynchable on page 5 that bugs me. Also, it's unnecessary for me to talk about town reads? Right... got it.

VOTE: farside

Ewwww
In post 189, BRantz wrote:Alright,

@WP: Farside moved up to my top scum read because she accuses me of not saying anything, but then points out specific things I have said (calling my tier read vague, and saying me giving a read on Elbirn is "unnecessary") which is what pinged me the hardest. If his case is really about me not saying much he should want more of my reads not chastise me for giving one. I already addressed his other point against me. But in essence he twists my words to make it so I am saying that vm having town reads is bad, which isn't what I said at all. I will restate, the problem I have with vm saying those 4 people are unlynchable today on page 5, is it seems to me that vm is giving them a complete pass for the rest of the day, and doesn't plan to analyze their play except in a town biased way. This is not a healthy stance to take on page 5 of a game, it will color all of your interaction reading whenever those players are involved. He is also making the assertion that him feeling my posts are awkward means they are scummy, which is just completely awful.

Tier is much weaker of a read, but I agree with what Titus said about him.

I know you asked about my scum reads, but I feel that I should throw in that I think Bel is probably town.

@Yakko: Different game, same dance.

@Far & Yakko: For whatever reason neither of you reads my "confusion" post as the joke I have said it is multiple times. Try it, it might clear up some of your confusions.

This post is interesting and I should read it whenever I have more than an hour to plough through 14 pages.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:20 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 204, Belisarius wrote:Yeah, still not feeling the love for Tier or Brantz wagons, and I'm deffo not getting Titus.

I don't buy Mollie's deflection, but I don't think I can drum up any support there with the current gamestate.

Can I interest anyone in a DDD lynch? Not only for the cogdis in his stated positions, but also for lurking while advocating a lurker lynch. Maybe some votes will get his attention.

UNVOTE: Titus
VOTE: Debonair Danny DiPietro

I don't think conflicting thoughts on theories are indicative of scum, nor doing the same behaviour as you're accusing someone else of. Do you have other scumreads or better reasons to vote DDD?
In post 232, Titus wrote:This feels wierd.

I don't think farside is scum bc they would not push something blatantly false.

I like.
In post 249, Elbirn wrote:Oh shoot, I just want to make everyone aware of this now, cuz I just realized. Beginning March 5th I'm going to have to V/LA until March 9th. I'm shipping up to Boston with some friends for, among other things, a geeky videogame con thing. I'll only have phone access and will try to keep up when I can, but I'll have no computer access and obviously a diminished ability to post/contribute. Apologies to all. :/

Boo why does my scumread go vla
In post 283, Titus wrote:Tier is scum, far is just a player who is wrong. :(

This s lame. Titus is extremely content with her lurker vote and stops doing stuff. Lame, titus, lame.
In post 288, Elbirn wrote:
In post 274, Witness Protection wrote:I can show you a fairly recent example of a game being lost because someone couldn't logically see how Town could have a certain opinion/do what they thought was right. Town can cog-dis too. I try to see things from more than one view.
Sometimes
it works.

In post 276, Witness Protection wrote:@ Elbirn There's also the possibility I'm wrong. That's why I need Town to help me puzzle it out!

This didn't really answer my questions.

Wikipedia wrote:In psychology, cognitive dissonance is the mental stress or discomfort experienced by an individual who holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values at the same time, or is confronted by new information that conflicts with existing beliefs, ideas, or values.

What Farside did isn't Cog-Dis; she went on and on about how BRantz is scummy, and then voted VM instead for shaky reasons. Her reasoning doesn't contradict itself, as her reads aren't mutually exclusive. But I find the thought process behind her attacking BRantz for scumminess and then voting someone else for little reason at the time, and then coming up with more reasons later (something about meta or something I can't be bothered to translate that mess), to not be a natural thought process. Do you disagree?

And to repeat my questions:

In post 271, Witness Protection wrote:
Farside sticks to incredulousness that looks real.

What does this mean?

2. What is your read on Farside, and what reasons do you have for that read?

I do like elbirn's proactiveness here. As the game seems to be slowing down, he keeps moving it forward. He gets some townpoints, even though my earlier points against him are still there.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:23 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 303, Titus wrote:Yeah Farside is likely town. She has a nasty habit of scumreading disagreement as town.

True that.
In post 327, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 320, Aeronaut wrote:Prod recieved

I may or may not have
forgotten this game existed.. I apologize. Will post reads
at some point
soon and what-have-you

This sounds like fake nonchalance.

I may or may not have a pretty firm scum read on this slot. I may or may not be waiting on responses from slots (Tiershift, Seraphim, Yakko)

AxleGreaser wrote:So guys voting wagons you reasonably believe could be todays lynch or at the very least explaining why you wont vote this one.
and then explaining what you are doing to get the alternative lynched.

Tiershift is a good wagon, and I agree he's pretty scummy. Reminds me of BRO's play in Varsoon Mafia. Would be willing to lynch Aeronaut or Seraphim as a compromise Day 1 lynch. Wouldn't that be awesome? A TierAeroSera scum team. Sounds way too easy. :(

I'm stuck. Waiting for
anything
that's not a prod dodge from several slots. (You know who you are.)

I'm sorry, what responses do you want from me?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:25 am

Post by TierShift »

Reads:
Town
WP

Will not lynch
Beli
Titus
Farside
Axle

Will lynch
Everyone else
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:27 am

Post by BRantz »

So Tier what is your case against Elbirn?
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:31 am

Post by TierShift »

And that's all the time I have to devote to this game today!

I'm being wagoned for posting in this game without reading for a few days, which is a very shitty tell, especially during the first few days. I agree that I have no content up to today, but that isn't indicative of alignment.

I'm not sure if I want t vote mollie or elbirn
I haven't read mollie into enough detail but they haven't given me good vibes in general. Elbirn has a really pretentious early game but is moving the game forward.

VOTE: mollie

A last general remark is that there is an insane amount of lurkers; I'm pretty sure scum is hiding in them. It is really awful to have been a part of this and it will not happen again. I really think we need to look at the lurkers since I have pretty weak reads overall while the active players have really been quite active. I think there just hasn't been enough scum talking

Especially hi im yakko and sera have completely failed to leave an impression.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:33 am

Post by TierShift »

I need to have a case?

Anyway if I come back to find myself at L-1 I'm going to indicate exactly who I think is the scum responsible for that. I feel like I've given enough with my catchup here, will be on around deadlne

And this game is shitty omg a lurker is still the biggest wagn
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:41 am

Post by BRantz »

In post 324, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 189, BRantz wrote:@WP: Farside moved up to my top scum read because she accuses me of not saying anything, ...

@Brantz

who was your top scum read before that?

Tier was, but I felt far was a better place to be than Tier because tier was mostly gut. Though I am very underwhelmed by his catch up. He posts a bunch of walls without actually really saying anything. I feel okay going back there now.

VOTE: Tiershift

@Tier: I just assumed you had a case against Elbirn since you said you had points against him during your catch up posts.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:49 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

^
Why is this not dead yet seriously
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:54 am

Post by TierShift »

I remember asking you a question during my catchup posts, brantzy boy
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:57 am

Post by BRantz »

The only timed I see you mention me are you saying ewww, and you saying you should read one of my posts when you have more time. Where is thus question?
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:58 am

Post by BRantz »

@gif: it's because I am not scum. It isn't like I never mentioned tier before now. Why are you tunneled so hard?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:00 am

Post by Titus »

Okie dokie... rock n rolly
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:08 am

Post by TierShift »

Why my 91 is weird.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:13 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 339, BRantz wrote:be than Tier because tier was mostly gut. Though I am very underwhelmed by his catch up. He posts a bunch of walls without actually really saying anything. I feel okay going back there now.

It's true that the resulting reads aren't strong. I don't agree I don't say anything. I've expressed content or disgust with a few posts And read plauers based on it. Go back, read those posts and THEN judge my catchup.
Do you agree with the reasons for (dis)liking the posts? If yes, we think alike and I should be townier to you. If not, why is that? Does the difference in reading stem from different alignments or something else?

That's how you judge a catch-up, brantz. Not by saying 'his catchup is shallow'.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:16 am

Post by TierShift »

Titus the little meta you have on me should tell you I'm town. Your failure to see that makes me sad, to say the least. I do not really regard the other players voting me highly, but I'd expect you to evaluate more thoroughly as town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Elbirn »

Wheee Phone posting.

as a result of the past several posts, +town points for tier and +scum points for brantz. I actually liked what tier had to say, and I kinda feel like I can see his thought process and it seems...not scummy? My only issue is that he waited this long to contribute. I don't know if maybe he saw the deadline creeping up and then self preservation kicked in or what. Either way I'm a bit less willing to have him killed.

My preference now is farside Or brantz. I see scumminess from both, AND a little bit of an association. Which I know preflip Associations are bullshit, but the fact that they're both independently scummy in my opinion makes it that much stronger.

What's the case on Valkyrie, Tier? Is it just gut? I wouldn't call those two a town read but I don't see scumminess there.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 326, farside22 wrote:Elb: I think it's obvious I still think vm is scum. As for my half read I have ADD, which there is a thread I posted on I think 2 months ago. You can believe it or not. I have the issue no matter my alignment.

And I apologize if you took offense to my comments. And call me gullible but I'll believe you, I'd like to think that a scum wouldn't stoop so low as to lie about that. However I still don't feel that the scumliness I see is a result of a lack of reading or of add, I feel it's coming from a scum thought process. Soz.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BRantz

At this point, again, I want my vote on either far or brantz. Im a bit on the fence but I don't want my vote not in play, and I can see the brantz wagon is the one most likely to go through.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”