Open 589: Duck Duck Goose (Game Over: Somebody Won)

Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Storyteller »

Vote Count 1.08With 12 alive it's 7 votes to Lynch.

Voting for:

Netherspite (1): Honey bee
davesaz (1): vettrock
talah (0):
Honey bee (0):
NJAC (4): ploben, Netherspite, Taly, ChriVi

dodgy56 (2): oddmusic, davesaz
vettrock (0):
Kaboose (0):
oddmusic (0):
ploben (0):
ChriVi (3): Talah, Kaboose, dodgy56
Taly (1): NJAC

If deadline is reached without any changes to the votes,
NJAC
would be lynched.

Not voting (0):

Deadline is March 22nd, 0600 UTC or in (expired on 2015-03-22 06:00:00)
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:24 am

Post by davesaz »

@Mod:
On the last VC, NJAC and ChriVi were tied, but you said ChriVi would be lynched. Is a tie decided by first to reach that number, or is it a no-lynch?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Netherspite »

According to the rules, it is decided by first to reach that number.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Storyteller »

In post 251, davesaz wrote:
@Mod:
On the last VC, NJAC and ChriVi were tied, but you said ChriVi would be lynched. Is a tie decided by first to reach that number, or is it a no-lynch?

Chrivi reached 3 votes first and nobody surpassed him, so technically he was first to that position. NJAC got 4 votes and surpassed Chrivi so he is up for the lynch.

So, it is correct, a tie is decided when the cloth is worn in a knot around your neck...

Oh, sorry My bad wrong tie. So, You tie the knot around the player who reached the highest number first and strangle him...

with a tie.

So there is no ties in this game. Well, except the tie you use to strangle someone...

Or make them look sharp...

Seriously, this is not rocket science. It's Fashion...

to the death.
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:40 am

Post by ChriVi »

In post 248, Kaboose wrote:
In post 245, ChriVi wrote:
In post 242, NJAC wrote:Without a flip there's not much we can say, but if ChriVi flips scum, maybe oddmusic's might indicate they're scum together.

What.

How in god's name could that post link us as scum? A wagon started on me for no reason because you guys can't handle yourselves, and he doesn't like the wagon because of it. He does hope the pressure gets me to post more.

How does that link us as scumbuddies? Like what? I can't tell if you're really bad town or scum.

Either way
VOTE: NJAC
~ Viomi

Case on talah due tomorrow.
~Chrimi

A "I don't want to be lynched so let me vote the other dominant wagon" vote, perhaps?

Why would a town member want to get lynched? I know NJAC is scummy and it's a way higher chance that lynching him will result in a scum lynch than lynching myself... After all, I know if I'm lynched that it's a 100% chance of a town lynch since I know I'm town.

Seriously, I'm really tired of town members being willing to die and sacrifice themselves so easily. Don't you see that only plays to scum's wincon?
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

Win / Lose / Alive / Dead
Town: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Scum: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Total: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:53 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 254, ChriVi wrote:

Why would a town member want to get lynched? I know NJAC is scummy and it's a way higher chance that lynching him will result in a scum lynch than lynching myself... After all, I know if I'm lynched that it's a 100% chance of a town lynch since I know I'm town.

Seriously, I'm really tired of town members being willing to die and sacrifice themselves so easily. Don't you see that only plays to scum's wincon?

I'm going to go with partial agree on this one as well. No town member should want to get lynched. I heard and sometimes used myself that town shouldn't have to try to be town, but actually they do. They have to convince their fellow town they are town to prevent the mislynch. Town should be concerned about being lynched.

The second part however with the voting the opposing wagon because it has the most votes I disagree with. Town should be voting to find the scum, they should not be voting to lynch the people that suspect them, or the most oppurtunistic vote which leads to a different mislynch. This seems to be what ChriVi is doing here in my read. I'm not ready to call them scum, but not pro-town play.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:55 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 255, vettrock wrote:

I'm going to go with partial agree on this one as well. No town member should want to get lynched. I heard and sometimes used myself that town shouldn't have to try to be town, but actually they do. They have to convince their fellow town they are town to prevent the mislynch. Town should be concerned about being lynched.

The second part however with the voting the opposing wagon because it has the most votes I disagree with. Town should be voting to find the scum, they should not be voting to lynch the people that suspect them, or the most oppurtunistic vote which leads to a different mislynch. This seems to be what ChriVi is doing here in my read. I'm not ready to call them scum, but not pro-town play.

The one caveat I forgot to add. When it gets closer to the deadline, voting for someone with no wagon, the "vanity vote" isn't really helping town either. At that point you need to pick a wagon rather than result in a No Lynch in most cases.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Kaboose »

UNVOTE:
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:31 pm

Post by vettrock »

I did and ISO on NJAC, and nothing stands out to me saying scum. The below is the most substantial post.

In post 242, NJAC wrote:
In post 89, Taly wrote:NJAC, davesaz, and vettrock
- Thoughts on the ChriVi wagon? Anything you'd like to add to the table of opinion and/or analysis?

I understand the wagon. If I hadn't been AFK at the moment it began forming, I would have voted them.

I also don't like when people behave like a jerk, so alone makes ChriVi deserve more votes.

Without a flip there's not much we can say, but if ChriVi flips scum, maybe oddmusic's might indicate they're scum together. If ChriVi flips town, then I'd say Kaboose could be a scum on their wagon.

I agree with the jerk part, but unfortunately it isn't really alignment indicative, even if I wish it was.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Kaboose »

I understand how being a jerk doesn't mean one is town or scum. However, being a jerk surely isn't beneficial to town. So wouldn't it benefit us as town to eliminate someone not being beneficial to town?
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by ChriVi »

And where did I say that was the reason for my vote? Please don't misrep me and assume things because of your gut, kthx.
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by ChriVi »

In post 259, Kaboose wrote:I understand how being a jerk doesn't mean one is town or scum. However, being a jerk surely isn't beneficial to town. So wouldn't it benefit us as town to eliminate someone not being beneficial to town?

Hell yes.
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 260, ChriVi wrote:

And where did I say that was the reason for my vote? Please don't misrep me and assume things because of your gut, kthx.

I did not mean to imply you said that directly. No one says, "I'm going to vote the other wagon because I don't want to be lynched and that is the best way to avoid it." Your vote, however, could easily be interpreted that way. Yes, you gave another reason, below:
In post 245, ChriVi wrote:
In post 242, NJAC wrote:Without a flip there's not much we can say, but if ChriVi flips scum, maybe oddmusic's might indicate they're scum together.

What.

How in god's name could that post link us as scum? A wagon started on me for no reason because you guys can't handle yourselves, and he doesn't like the wagon because of it. He does hope the pressure gets me to post more.

How does that link us as scumbuddies? Like what? I can't tell if you're really bad town or scum.

Either way
~ Viomi

Case on talah due tomorrow.
~Chrimi

I'm not sure there is much validity to the link between ChriVi and oddmusic either, but voting the opposing wagon is the result. You state that you will have a case for talah tomorrow. Which seems to imply that you are scum-reading talah, but you just voted NJAC.
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by ChriVi »

I am scum-reading them both now, though talah was mostly I don't like their playstyle and they make me want to shoot myself.

I prefer NJAC over talah lynch.
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:37 am

Post by Honey bee »

I have to prodge, as I am really busy currently. I'll be back by tomorrow (i hope).
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon
Location: Usually C minor or A minor with some F major mixed in

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:44 am

Post by oddmusic »

In post 261, ChriVi wrote:
In post 259, Kaboose wrote:I understand how being a jerk doesn't mean one is town or scum. However, being a jerk surely isn't beneficial to town. So wouldn't it benefit us as town to eliminate someone not being beneficial to town?

Hell yes.

You do realize he was referring to you, right?
Strange chords are playing in the wind

I once thought the above pretentious drivel was a good idea for a signature.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:46 am

Post by oddmusic »

@ChriVi: Could we have your case on talah soon? Because I don't think I saw you make it yet.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:40 am

Post by oddmusic »

Hmm…dodgy has utterly vanished from this thread. This kind of drive-by posting is really bugging me.

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Taly »

In post 267, oddmusic wrote:Hmm…dodgy has utterly vanished from this thread. This kind of drive-by posting is really bugging me.

I'm not liking it much either, seems to be a trend on avoiding people here.

What are your thoughts on the NJAC wagon? He's at L-2...
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:53 am

Post by oddmusic »

In post 268, Taly wrote:What are your thoughts on the NJAC wagon? He's at L-2...

Lurker wagon. Very little behavior that strikes me as actually being scummy. Okay wagon at deadline, but right now it seems a little counter-productive to me.

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Taly »

In post 269, oddmusic wrote:
In post 268, Taly wrote:What are your thoughts on the NJAC wagon? He's at L-2...

Lurker wagon. Very little behavior that strikes me as actually being scummy. Okay wagon at deadline, but right now it seems a little counter-productive to me.

Well, it's all we've got so far.

I'd also like to see ChriVi digress about her thoughts on talah.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:48 am

Post by ploben »

At this point it's all we have to go off of. Dodgy has given us something so we can at least go back on it to compare with other people's read or compare with a post lynch alignment flip. NJAC has given us his idea that RVS isn't over unless he says it's over and talah is town but write up to come later and finally an RVS vote on taly still, whether NJAC thinks we're still in RVS or not I guess is up to NJAC. We have 2 weeks still in D1 so plenty of time but I like the idea of getting NJAC to L-1 and seeing what he's got to say.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:04 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 271, ploben wrote:

At this point it's all we have to go off of. Dodgy has given us something so we can at least go back on it to compare with other people's read or compare with a post lynch alignment flip. NJAC has given us his idea that RVS isn't over unless he says it's over and talah is town but write up to come later and finally an RVS vote on taly still, whether NJAC thinks we're still in RVS or not I guess is up to NJAC. We have 2 weeks still in D1 so plenty of time but I like the idea of getting NJAC to L-1 and seeing what he's got to say.

Why do we need to get him to L-1. So he can claim? I predict he will claim 1-shot PGO...wait, that's the same role I have. Let me guess, are there any other 1-shot PGO's out there? I agree with still have 2 weeks, and we should use them, but I don't see the point of pushing to L-1. He should say what he has to say regardless.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by oddmusic »

I've got to agree with vetrock here. There's plenty enough pressure on NJAC. There's three scum in this game, and no particular reason to assume NJAC is one of them. I'm perfectly happy with my vote where it is, putting pressure on a player besides the flavor of the hour.

ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:45 pm

Post by ploben »

Obviously not a claim but it would be nice for NJAC to contribute some reads and maybe explain why he's still sitting on his RVS vote.

Return to “Completed Open Games”