NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:17 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 2671, Kthxbye wrote:Ika and Flubber both desired to hammer. Both were scum.

At the end of the day, I was in no danger of being lynched, so I don't see why you think this is relevant.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:22 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 2671, Kthxbye wrote:There's also this thing called bussing for town cred. Firebound did it twice which might say something about scum wanted to play this game out.

If you think scum were bussing, you need better examples than Fire's rvs votes.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Pretty sure Flubber came at you with more than RVS. Also pretty sure AA did as well. Yup, pretty sure.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:31 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Is all 3 of the flipped scum voting for you enough to say bussing?

Also, if you think scum's RVS is meaningless and isn't to be taken into account, you're wrong. ALL of flipped scums behavior is relevant.

Do you have anything besides defending you'd like to post? Like a reads list with reasons perhaps?
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:32 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 2677, Kthxbye wrote:Pretty sure Flubber came at you with more than RVS. Also pretty sure AA did as well. Yup, pretty sure.

So?
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:34 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 2678, Kthxbye wrote:Is all 3 of the flipped scum voting for you enough to say bussing?

Not bussing, I'm town.

In post 2678, Kthxbye wrote:Also, if you think scum's RVS is meaningless and isn't to be taken into account, you're wrong. ALL of flipped scums behavior is relevant.

I think it's irrelevant if you want to establish a pattern of bussing for the scum.

In post 2678, Kthxbye wrote:Do you have anything besides defending you'd like to post? Like a reads list with reasons perhaps?

Not really.
I think there are decent reasons to think that everyone is town except for d3x and NJ, and one of those two should be the lynch.
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Arguing that someone is scum because scum voted them is silly.
-Thompson.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2669, Kthxbye wrote:DGB: She has pretty much flown under my radar all game and that makes me weary. Her p2667 pings my scumdar way to much to ignore. "Look at the wagons... there is no way either of us are scum". This comment looks to me like scum being careful all game about what wagons they are on and not on in order to say something like this later in the game. Also, if RM is indeed town, she's lumping herself in with a town AND if there are 2 scum left and she is lynched, RM would be the next to go instead of her partner. If DGB flips scum and the game's not over, RM is pretty much confirmed town in my eyes from this post alone.

blah blah blah

When I flip town, you better be on board lynching d3x.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

Or we lynch d3x. Just throwing that out there.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Hey RM, you have anything constructive to say about anything? A reads list maybe?
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

TDA - why isn't he dead yet? He made the perfect case on Flubber at the perfect time, maybe because his attention never shifted away from him, i.e. scum register what happens to their buddies more thoroughly. I wouldn't lynch him before lylo on the grounds of some weaksauce speculation though.

RM - the only point that speaks for him being town is that it would make sense for him to be alive as town. No scum would shoot this guy. The thought of him being town definitely drags down my incentive to do some investigating because look at him. Look at his avatar. Don't you just wanna punch it in the nose, make him eat his goddamn boots and break his fucking arms? It makes me angry and when I'm angry I'm stupid.

DGB - also an experienced player, should have seen pen for the VI lynchbait he was, definitely should have laid off after the claim. Is pretty intelligent and for some reason I estimate she'd have a sense for aesthetic or otherwise interesting scumplay so the hinting towards ABR guilty .. idk, maybe. It sure fucked up town a bit and there was no way of telling whether ABR was scum based on his catatonic posting style. All in all too scummy to be scum but to a degree that it comes out on the scummy side again doing a full 360. I'd vote DGB but my honor says I need to vote d3x in order to know whether/how much I suck at this game.

Kthx - I have inside information about Kthx. The kind of inside information that is so fucking irrelevant to his alignment that I'm weary of him acting like it was relevant. That and the fact that he's been consistently max-townreading d3x from day1 I believe, that it must be based on a naive meta friendship or a manipulative maneuver by scum. All in all his reads weren't stellar (from what I remember because I haven't isoed him) and unless RM flips scum and d3x town his cred will linger in the lower gray area.
This might be the reason he's emphasizing the act of bussing now, because I don't recall him going heavily against flipped scum so it's sort of a Kansas city shuffle.

d3x - my main scumread still. Why? Because I believe in my case. If I were to read it again I'd be like .. myeah this makes sense. Also he's got the same kind of inside information about Kthx that I do and from context on might figure he claims it makes Kthx conftown. I didn't really get TTA's arguments to be honest. But yeah, vote d3x.

Garmr/dragon - probably masons

Nero - regained his cred but did he do it to sail leisurely into endgame as scum (him bussing ika would suggest scum's strategy being to pave the road for that) or did he do it because he's pretty good at this game. Where did those reads come from anyway, he didn't supply any reasoning as how he got the reads nor to convince others for the sake of consolidating the lynches. Someone needs to dig in meta and it's probably not going to be me cuz RL.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:26 pm

Post by d3x »

There is no room for Kthx on the ScumTeam with the Role he has, not with what we've seen flip where it has. To everyone with the same info I have, this should be a no brainer.

My flipping Town confirms to everyone that we're not ScumBuddies. I need to look back at the last few pages when I'm not so busy, but I think that Scum have backed off of pushing an easy d3xMisLynch and thrown suspicion Kthx's way because dealing with 3 ConfTownies is too much. As it stands, I don't know who fits this bill, but that'll probably be your Scum Pool Tomorrow {I know Jogger is in it, because he just posted in line with that thought process}.

Kthx- Absolutely, under no circumstances should you Claim Today. Tomorrow is fine, but not Today.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 2686, d3x wrote:There is no room for Kthx on the ScumTeam with the Role he has, not with what we've seen flip where it has. To everyone with the same info I have, this should be a no brainer.

My flipping Town confirms to everyone that we're not ScumBuddies. I need to look back at the last few pages when I'm not so busy, but I think that Scum have backed off of pushing an easy d3xMisLynch and thrown suspicion Kthx's way because dealing with 3 ConfTownies is too much. As it stands, I don't know who fits this bill, but that'll probably be your Scum Pool Tomorrow {I know Jogger is in it, because he just posted in line with that thought process}.

Kthx- Absolutely, under no circumstances should you Claim Today. Tomorrow is fine, but not Today.

We've seen a watcher flip? Why is there no room for Kthx to be on the scum team. Unless someone answers my question Kthx remains lynchable.

Also the scenario of both of you being scum is negligible.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:39 pm

Post by d3x »

The Watcher isn't what makes ScumKthx unlikely, but it certainly helps. That's all I should need to say on the matter. Much more may give away the surprise... assuming anyone's still in the dark.

GTKAS - d3x
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:42 pm

Post by d3x »

Well, aside from what should be a frighteningly obvious issue with Power balance, that is.

GTKAS - d3x
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:46 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

What do you think of DGB and Nero. Do you think Nero finding ika, SC and Flubber for scum without any discernible argumentation is legit?

Have you played with DGB, why didn't she back off of pen. Did she buss ika early and SC late. Did her votes reflect her reads? Why aren't you scumhunting?
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:47 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 2689, d3x wrote:Well, aside from what should be a frighteningly obvious issue with Power balance, that is.

In favor of whom?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2690, FakedBlogger wrote:Do you think Nero finding ika, SC and Flubber for scum without any discernible argumentation is legit?

lol no

We aren't flipping any of me, dx, kthx or the scum masons today.

So NJ, RM and DGB are the acceptable lynches for the day.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:59 am

Post by Garmr »

Wait kthx was the fruit vendor who gave me fruit?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Garmr »

UNVOTE: kthx

Yeh
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:03 am

Post by d3x »

Are you freaking kidding me?!

In post 2586, Garmr wrote:How have we been anti town.
:roll:

GTKAS - d3x
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:07 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:09 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

@Garmr Did you tell DS that you got a fruit? When did you get a fruit.

I got a fruit on N2, d3x on N1. Who got a fruit last night?
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:11 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 2695, d3x wrote:Are you freaking kidding me?!

In post 2586, Garmr wrote:How have we been anti town.
:roll:

Oh so you're here, ignoring my questions. Scummmmmmmoonmonomnom.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:26 am

Post by d3x »

I'm on my phone. I may get to all your questions later today.

Fruit Vendor doesn't fit Goon/Goon/Watcher as a ScumTeam with a Tracker/RoleCop flipped for Town. This is what should be painfully obvious to you, Jogger. That ScumTeam would be woefully underpowered against RC, Tracker, Masons, and Neighbors (assuming no PRs outside the Claimed/flipped).

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”