Mini 1649: Jabberwocky Mafia (Game Over)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by T S O »

It's not applying my own meta to you, per se, and implying it is stupid. I am talking about the playstyle. It's a playstyle we have shared, so this is not "my meta." You know that.

My post is telling people to be cautious of townreading you. WP's post is telling everyone to be cautious of everyone. They're not of the same magnitude, but I'll concede there are parallels.

Do I particularly care? No.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Again my concern is that you brought up the subject by comparing it to yourself, which made me think meta, but perhaps that is a matter of semantics. I feel my "playstyle" is the same regardless of my alignment and so isn't a tell either way. That's obviously a statement that only I can agree with.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by BRantz »

Alright, my reads (in alphabetical order):

AxleGreaser: Axle posts a ton of walls, but seems to focus too much on meta and not enough on what is going on in the game (though this has gotten better in the last few pages). My read keeps waffling between mild town and mild scum, so mostly null.

Belisarius: Has been pushing for information gain, and scum hunting pretty much all game . Very town.

DDD/Aero/Flubbernugget: This slot has done almost litterally nothing. Null for now.
@Flub: have you read the game yet?

Elbirn: Elbirn has also been very open with his thoughts, and good scum hunting. Very Town.

farside22: I think the way farside has pushed the people/wagons she is voting has been very good. Town.

hi im Yakko: One of the lurkers, but has some decent content in his posts that aren't "I'm catching up" posts. Mild town.

Seraphim: Has actually done nothing except throw votes around. Scummy.

TSO: I have mixed feelings about TSO's catch up, but I am more inclined to see his posting as town than scum at the moment. I really don't like his stance on making a case on me though it reads very much like scum trying to take a back seat on a wagon. Null, leaning mild town.

Tiershift: I still don't feel like there is a lot of content in his catch up, but rereading it there is certainly more than I initially gave it credit for, and his posting since then feels very proactive. Mild town.
UNVOTE:
@Tier: Sorry for missing your question twice. I feel 91 is weird because you saying that you couldn't vote without reading, but then asking a question about something (implying you read) in the same post caused dissonance.

Titus: Has been very active in discussion, and was/is a major driver of the tier wagon. Town.

Valkyrie Mollie: There is an interesting dissonance between GiF and Mollie on who to vote (farside vs me when far was pushing me). There posting has been mostly good though. Still don't like them calling people unlynchable that early. Mild town.

I have a weird lack of scum reads at the moment.

People I am willing to lynch today:
1. Seraphim
2. Flubbernugget

VOTE: Seraphim
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:51 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 412, Witness Protection wrote:@ Titus You being so quiet overall, but it's hard to rebut silence. I've got better leads to work on while letting you post. Remember you've fooled me into supporting you (as scum) before. I'd worry more if I didn't have suspicions of you.

Are you seriously high right now?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: Brantz

Why are you giving me towncred for the Tier wagon before he flipped?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 422, Elbirn wrote:V/LA ends. Lets get a lynch through plz. Thinking about the game over my vacay, I'm less optimistic about BRantz flipping scum. I've been stalking (reading) a game that he just happened to be in, and he flipped town. His play there reminds me of his play here. It's not much, but it's not nothing. Mostly my gut says BRantz isn't scum, whilst my head says he's doing scummy stuff so he is scum. So far in my time on this site, my head has never been right.

I see a lot of people sitting around twiddling their thumbs going "Guh I'd lynch Seraph, he's super scum, but good golly gosh it's so close to deadline". K so vote Seraph then. We can compromise on Seraph instead of letting him lurkfuck his way out of playing this game. Literally no one has contributed less. It has been 2 weeks. 14 days. He has 7 posts. If you'll read his ISO, you will see they are as follows.

-1 vote on WP for "talking too much", and 1 follow up post promising that he will ignore him and advises that we all do the same, which makes zero sense if we are trying to work together, but makes a lot of sense for a scum trying to divide us
-1 vote for Belisarius for quite literally zero reason. This is never explained beyond "gut" when I prompt him later.
-3 promises to contribute/post more in the future

That's it.
Like it's not just the number of posts. When there is a post there is zero substance. No content. It is shallow. It is nothing. I am not going to play with him. I don't care what faction he is, he is dragging this game down. Seraphim needs to replace out or be killed, because if he's town scum won't kill him and he'll be lynchbait the whole game, and if he's scum, well, self explanatory.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Seraphim

I have the exact opposite issue with Brantz but ~ongoing~.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 426, Elbirn wrote:Again my concern is that you brought up the subject by comparing it to yourself, which made me think meta, but perhaps that is a matter of semantics. I feel my "playstyle" is the same regardless of my alignment and so isn't a tell either way. That's obviously a statement that only I can agree with.

We all start with ourselves as a baseline, which is why I find behavioral analysis so shitty.

Normative players read each other quite well with that and err towards townreading each other, but players who are wierd generally become difficult to read.

That's something worth acknowledging which is all I've seen TSO do.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:59 pm

Post by Witness Protection »

@ Elbirn I've been wrong a lot, so it's showing through. I'll try to hedge my bets less in the future. Of the lurkers, Seraphim needs to go the most. I don't trust, and thus scum read both Tier and TSO. Of the more active posters, well I've stated where I stand. I'm worried Titus will fool me
again
. I'm hoping that sheeping VM will work out good but I don't think Farside's scum. I feel much less confident BRantz will net scum. Did I mention Seraphim needs rope? I'm willing to hear Flubber out before I make any kind of read. I still think you're Town. Anyone I didn't mention isn't in consideration for Today's lynch so unless I'm specifically asked for a read on them ...

It's hard trying to think up something to trip up scum with. You can't tell inflection, sarcasm, or emotion as well in a post. I'll try to keep the inane questions and foot in mouth to a minimum.

@ TSO Bad meta is bad. Still doesn't address what you're doing this game.

@ Titus :oops: Maybe. Maybe I'm just expecting more from you. My Town reads aren't really making me want to sheep them right now.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by Titus »

@WP, That's true. So don't focus on forcing themselves to trip up so much. That's one of my earliest mistakes. I'm much better at this as scum, but people generally trip over themselves.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by farside22 »

I've sort of just half reading things, sorry.

I'm tempted to sheep a town read so I dont have to think about this game.

What you say wp?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

so glad I sheeped the wagon on the player with one scum read
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:27 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 424, Elbirn wrote:
In post 416, Flubbernugget wrote:
Has axl been viged yet?

Why would he be? I think he's town.
Why do you want Axl to be vigged?

I can never understand what the fuck he's talking about
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:52 pm

In post 434, farside22 wrote:What you say wp?

Tiershift, BRantz, or did I mention Seraphim? My order of enthusiasm is Sera - Tier - BRantz.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by BRantz »

In post 429, Titus wrote:VOTE: Brantz

Why are you giving me towncred for the Tier wagon before he flipped?

I am not giving you credit for it being a good or bad wagon, just credit for pushing it hard. I don't think you would be as vocal and pressuring toward it if you were scum.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by BRantz »

Ebwop: I would expect scum to take more of the approach to a wagon that TSO has with mine.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 437, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 434, farside22 wrote:What you say wp?

Tiershift, BRantz, or did I mention Seraphim? My order of enthusiasm is Sera - Tier - BRantz.

I see sera. I am soft town reading brantz.

So

Vote: sera

I still don't trust the Mollie hydra. I'm indifferent to tier.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:28 pm

I fear if Sera gets replaced, we may lose a chance to kill a scum. Remember DP's play in Walrus? I see big similarities.

Different game, different players. But play that looks very much the same.
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 436, Flubbernugget wrote:I can never understand what the fuck he's talking about

In post 436, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 424, Elbirn wrote:
In post 416, Flubbernugget wrote:
Has axl been viged yet?

Why would he be? I think he's town.
Why do you want Axl to be vigged?

I can never understand what the fuck he's talking about

TLDR
: Try talking to me,... and asking?(
it(working stuff out) is the point of the game?
)

Benefits:

1/ I will get read on you... That is, unless, me getting a read on you is a problem?
2/ Your question, will tell me better what you do or dont know, and I will respond in way tailored to be understood by you. (
so: hint: use lots of words in your question. I will need them to understand you. See 1.
)

3/ It is true i understand the world (
and hence probably mafia
) quite differently to most people I meet, I spend most of my time when writing a post working out what to put in
(because you need to be told that bit)
and what to leave out(
because everyone knows that
).
4/ Sometimes a certain amount of hard to understand is deliberate (sorry) What misunderstanding and spin people choose to put on stuff is alignment indicative as it came out of their heads... (See 1/)

Either that or you could just take the approach of
kill anything you don't understand...
That seems to work for some people.

So does that help?

5/ You get a read on me.
6/ When I find scum, you notice and vote them too.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:45 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Let's make today a good day

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Seraph
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by AxleGreaser »

In post 307, BRantz wrote:@Axle: Why don't you start playing this game instead of
continually
asking people to give you meta on everything?

In post 427, BRantz wrote:
AxleGreaser: Axle posts a ton of walls, but seems to focus too much on meta and not enough on what is going on in the game (though this has gotten better in the last few pages).

I am having trouble believing this post comes from you reading the thread and trying to understand it.

You suggest i am continually "asking people to give you meta on everything?"

I did spend some posts trying to sort out what VM and farside were really saying in their interactions about meta. circa: (but that post is clearly all about this game)
I did when there was no content in the game, do a kind of variant on RQS at the start of the game.
I did reply to specific questions, about meta.

"
continually
"

Please give two examples of me doing what you say is continual and we will look at what i did between them, and why I did the examples you give.

Apart from walls Id have thought the other primary distinguishing feature of my posts was my tendency to link to exactly what happened in this game that I am talking about.
Your post feels like a broadbrush go with the flow( ) smear
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Post by goodmorning »

This sounded very hopeful, so Alice repeated the first verse:

Votecount 1.16
BRantz [L-2] - Valkyrie Mollie, hi im Yakko, T S O, Flubbernugget, Titus
Seraphim [L-2] - Witness Protection, Elbirn, BRantz, farside22, Belisarius

TierShift [L-6] - AxleGreaser
Valkyrie Mollie [L-6] - TierShift
Belisarius [L-6] - Seraphim

Not Voting [0] -

With 13 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-03-11 20:00:00).

Elbirn, Axle, and Tier are V/LA.
Prodding some people or something.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Valkyrie Mollie
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by Valkyrie Mollie »

VOTE: Sera

#Justice
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by BRantz »

@Axle: Post is your first request for meta information. Then you self meta (in response to a question about it) in . I am not sure what you did in but remember feeling it was meta related, feel free to correct me on this. You request meta from farside again in . starts your discussion with farside about meta (specifically on Titus). Then more meta talk. is basically just a giant meta argument.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:02 pm

I don't really have much for last thoughts. I'm hoping for a scum flip, and maybe I'll see you tomorrow.

*Elect Sera for rope*
""It seems very pretty," she said when she'd finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!" (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! Somebody killed something: that's clear
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Post by T S O »

Sera seems like the town counterwagon to BRantz, but don't mind me. Continue the lurker policy lynch.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”