Open 589: Duck Duck Goose (Game Over: Somebody Won)

Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by Taly »

Well, in a less rude way...

I'd like to hear your position on ploben and NJAC, ChriVi. It has been acknowledged that you've voted and unvoted a bit quickly. Even if you normally don't find much to add on D1, do you at least have something to say?

*shakes head* Mod, I'm not fond of the procedure - it wastes time lol. (IE, people not committing to game)

Honestly, even if NJAC comes on and becomes more active(which I'm beginning to doubt highly...)... Not sure what my vote will do at this point other than cause unnecessary misunderstandings - my questionnaire
()
is too dry to get good info. and the answers that are needed are kind of dated at this point.

UNVOTE: Frankly, I don't have another place for my vote to go at the moment.

Pisskop, can you explain some of your reads?
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Honey bee »

-.-

Kaboose: why did you think njac could be innactive town? and are you voting him strictly based on utility so that if he's replaced you're going to reevalutate the slot's usefulness, or are you scum reading that slot at this point?

I like the vote on vettrock and I'll probably move mine because I'm sure if I want this kaboose wagon.
Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:19 am

Post by Storyteller »

Vote Count 1.14With 12 alive it's 7 votes to Lynch.

Voting for:

Netherspite (0):
davesaz (0):
talah (0):
Honey bee (1): vettrock
NJAC (1): Kaboose
Pisskop(1): davesaz
vettrock (1): Pisskop
Kaboose (3): Honey bee, oddmusic, ploben

oddmusic (0):
ploben (0):
ChriVi (1): Talah
Taly (0):

If deadline is reached without any changes to the votes,
Kaboose
would be lynched.

Not voting (4): Netherspite, NJAC, ChriVi, Taly

Deadline is March 22nd, 0600 UTC or in (expired on 2015-03-22 06:00:00)
Last edited by Storyteller on Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:22 am

Post by Storyteller »

NJAC has requested a replacement. I will get to that when I get home.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:10 am

Post by Kaboose »

UNVOTE: NJAC

Ploben why am I scum?
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:39 pm

Post by ploben »

In post 429, Kaboose wrote:UNVOTE: NJAC

Ploben why am I scum?

NJAC was looking more and more like a policy lynch. I disagree with your views on policy lynches and it's now funny that you jumped off NJAC after my vote for you but you seem to be happy with a policy lynch today so I have to ask why did you jump of NJAC?

I also don't like your at all. I think this thought process is a great way for scum to push a mislynch. I think enough happens D1 that you don't just need to remove "dead weight". Even if there's a mislynch D1, if you lynch a player that provided content you can use that info in D2. If you lynch a player that was dead weight with no content you get nothing from the flip and you just reduced the number of town, so a double whammy.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Post by talah »

In post 410, ChriVi wrote:
talah please stop being useless with your vote and make a case on me or make a case on someone else and put your vote there

Ehhh - I never promised to make a case on you, my vote's on you because
I'm yet to
I was yet to see anything particularly useful or townish from you. I will admit I'm getting pretty bored with my vote here but your obstinance in wanting my vote off you is making me want to persist.

Still - I can see a bit of motivation with your voting. It's not as random as it seems.

UNVOTE: ChriVi

You know what - my next line under that unvote was a vote for NJAC. But then I look at the gamestate and both you and Kaboose have just unvoted him on the slightest twinges of pressure and I'm liking ploben's moxy. I also like the wagon composition, and it's getting late in the day. Well maybe I have some misgivings about oddmusic, but still.

VOTE: Kaboose

In post 399, Kaboose wrote:My 334 was not suggesting we should just go ahead and do it(although we should just go ahead and do it because as far as I'm concerned he keeps lying to us with his "i'm getting to it now" and because he's been useless imo) but it was more of a question as to why they would want to be closer to deadline to figure out the lynch. It felt like stalling to me, and it also makes me so angry when a game gets close to deadline and someone gets to L-1 and then that someone claims something that causes everyone to second guess everything so unvotes start happening and then scum know even more before we learn anything if it's a town L-1 claim. That's why I asked about them wanting to use the entire deadline.

It shouldn't be looked at as "We are lynching someone at this time" because that's just as bad an a misinformed lynch to put a deadline on it. I feel a more town way of thinking is "lynch when you have a good lynch"

NJAC is a good lynch to me.

Is it scummy to support a lynch? Because you're telling me it is.

Ploben why am I scum?

What happened between these two posts?
ChriVi
ChriVi
Goon
ChriVi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:44 pm

Post by ChriVi »

talah; Dying as both town or scum goes against your wincon. High defense isn't a tell.
Show
Viomi / Chrimi

Win / Lose / Alive / Dead
Town: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Scum: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Total: 0 / 0 / 0 / 0
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 432, ChriVi wrote:talah; Dying as both town or scum goes against your wincon. High defense isn't a tell.

If you die as town you:
1) provide information to other townies;
2) still can win if the scum will get eliminated;
Thus, you should care more about catching the scum than about surviving if you're town.

If you die as scum you:
1) provide information to the town that helps catching your partners;
2) is way less likely to win;
Thus, you should care more about defending and looking townier and you don't really care about catching the scum. You, in fact, should care about the opposite.

These two motivations are very different and I personally see high defense as a slight scum tell.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:02 pm

Post by Netherspite »

Ploben why am I scum?

I didn't like
Kaboose
's wagon initially and then comes this.

@Kaboose

Why did you feel the need to unvote here?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by talah »

In post 366, Honey bee wrote:
First thing: Talah, um.. I'm not sure what you're getting at with the "we" questioning. Do you think taly is trying to push this lynch as an apathy lynch? I think a lot of people use we to talk about the overall town, and the context just seems to be about what info "we" have available. I'm not sure why the word choice bothers you, and maybe I can see why the statement bothers you but it's coming across as just frustration rather than scum pushing apathy.

It was Taly, and ploben, and oddmusic all pushing the lynch as fait accompli. There seemed to be some collusion there. Or something else (what's that phrase? conspiracy of thought? unnecessary agreement)?
I dunno anyway and I think the value of a Kaboose vote right now outweighs that.

In post 366, Honey bee wrote:I wanted to pressure vettrock more but he's not here :^l I'll look back a bit more and see if I can find a useful place for my vote.

I'd think about vettrock. I have a town-twinge because of the PGO-claim post which occurred to me but the rest of what he's posted seems quite theoretical. Well even the PGO post, actually.

In post 418, pisskop wrote:
In post 239, NJAC wrote:Talah is a leaning-town read for me after . I like that post, I like the vote on ChriVi.

More later...

:igmeou:

Heh - yeah I'm not a fan of NJAC's ISO and content.
The speedwagon / non-speedwagon / "no other choice" / unvotes has me not knowing what to think on the slot.
Egh.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 429, Kaboose wrote:
Ploben why am I scum?

I have a better question for you: why are you town? Can you point to legitimate scum hunting?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:06 pm

Post by talah »

In post 434, Netherspite wrote:

Ploben why am I scum?

I didn't like
Kaboose

@Kaboose

I just asked him the same question. What don't you like about Kaboose?
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:10 pm

Post by talah »

In post 436, davesaz wrote:
Ploben why am I scum?

I have a better question for you: why are you town? Can you point to legitimate scum hunting?

My goodness. I hope you have a good follow-up to this question.

Do you find anyone scummy apart from Kaboose, based on your re-evaluation?
In post 397, davesaz wrote:I'm going to need to re-read and evaluate.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:12 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 437, talah wrote:
I just asked him the same question. What don't you like about Kaboose?

I didn't share reads on him of those who started his wagon.

Personally I considered
vettrock
a better target but was going to re-read his ISO before placing my vote there.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by talah »

In post 439, Netherspite wrote:
I didn't share reads on him of those who started his wagon.

I don't understand this sentence.

I'm looking at it sideways and it sounds like "His reads on the people on his wagon, were the opposite of the reads I had on those people". Is that correct?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:54 pm

Post by Netherspite »

Nope.

Those who voted him first explained their votes.
I didn't share their view on
Kaboose
in these explanations.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:26 pm

Post by talah »

Mokay, so your opinion's changed.

Why do you ask Kaboose the same question I just asked him, immediately after I vote him though?

I want to think you were just helping with pressure but can't but help think that the pressure I just provided myself was plenty. I'm struggling to discern what previous votes, and your opinion of them, have to do with this.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:33 pm

Post by Netherspite »

I was curious about his motivation. I always seek for the players motivation behind their actions, especially such awkward actions like his unvote which was coming out of nowhere.
Yes you asked almost the same but I decided to ask it with a different wording to make sure I'll get the answer I want because your question was a bit different.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Post by talah »

Hm.

What's with davesaz vote, do you think?

I'm unconvinced with your response, since you pop up out of nowhere as soon as I lay a vote on the Kaboose wagon.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:20 pm

Post by talah »

In post 444, talah wrote:What's with davesaz
vote
question
, do you think?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:21 pm

Post by Netherspite »

I don't consider his question any useful.
Like, what kind of answer does he expect to make a conclusion that he's town? And that he's scum?
I don't see how this question can help him scumhunting.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:18 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 430, ploben wrote:

Ploben why am I scum?

NJAC was looking more and more like a policy lynch. I disagree with your views on policy lynches and it's now funny that you jumped off NJAC after my vote for you but you seem to be happy with a policy lynch today so I have to ask why did you jump of NJAC?

I also don't like your at all. I think this thought process is a great way for scum to push a mislynch. I think enough happens D1 that you don't just need to remove "dead weight". Even if there's a mislynch D1, if you lynch a player that provided content you can use that info in D2. If you lynch a player that was dead weight with no content you get nothing from the flip and you just reduced the number of town, so a double whammy.

NJAC was my target for lynch due to his uselessness, his stalling, and just overall crap of a game. I placed my vote on him because I didn't like him trying to keep RVS going, and because he wasn't scum hunting. I removed my vote because he's replacing out. I had nothing but playstyle as a reason for my vote on NJAC. Assuming playstyle between two players will be different, that slot no longer needs my vote until the next person comes in and gives me either the same reason to vote them, or a new one. But perhaps they won't give me a reason at all? I don't know yet.

In post 431, talah wrote:
In post 410, ChriVi wrote:
talah please stop being useless with your vote and make a case on me or make a case on someone else and put your vote there

Ehhh - I never promised to make a case on you, my vote's on you because
I'm yet to
I was yet to see anything particularly useful or townish from you. I will admit I'm getting pretty bored with my vote here but your obstinance in wanting my vote off you is making me want to persist.

Still - I can see a bit of motivation with your voting. It's not as random as it seems.

UNVOTE: ChriVi

You know what - my next line under that unvote was a vote for NJAC. But then I look at the gamestate and both you and Kaboose have just unvoted him on the slightest twinges of pressure and I'm liking ploben's moxy. I also like the wagon composition, and it's getting late in the day. Well maybe I have some misgivings about oddmusic, but still.

VOTE: Kaboose

In post 399, Kaboose wrote:My 334 was not suggesting we should just go ahead and do it(although we should just go ahead and do it because as far as I'm concerned he keeps lying to us with his "i'm getting to it now" and because he's been useless imo) but it was more of a question as to why they would want to be closer to deadline to figure out the lynch. It felt like stalling to me, and it also makes me so angry when a game gets close to deadline and someone gets to L-1 and then that someone claims something that causes everyone to second guess everything so unvotes start happening and then scum know even more before we learn anything if it's a town L-1 claim. That's why I asked about them wanting to use the entire deadline.

It shouldn't be looked at as "We are lynching someone at this time" because that's just as bad an a misinformed lynch to put a deadline on it. I feel a more town way of thinking is "lynch when you have a good lynch"

NJAC is a good lynch to me.

Is it scummy to support a lynch? Because you're telling me it is.

Ploben why am I scum?

What happened between these two posts?

See above.

In post 434, Netherspite wrote:

Ploben why am I scum?

I didn't like
Kaboose

@Kaboose

See above the above.

In post 436, davesaz wrote:
Ploben why am I scum?

Here's what I feel as town. D1 is informationless until D2. NJAC has provided us the least amount of information to this point and if he's scum or not him being alive tomorrow wouldn't allow us anything to go off of. His lynch today means we go in to D2 with that much better of a chance of communicating with the people who actually participated in D1. THAT will give us more information.

Look at it this way. We don't lynch NJAC, and we lynch me. D2 comes and NJAC will surely still be alive even if he's town because why would the scum NK someone who hasn't done anything? D2 starts up and we're all looking at stuff to talk about.

"NJAC, why did your read on such and such change... Oh wait you didn't have a read. Why did your opinion on such and such differ... Oh wait you didn't have an opinion..."

However the rest of us have had our opinions and thoughts about NJAC shared because we've been here. We lynch him today and look at all the information we'll have to analyze tomorrow. That slot as town is definitely dead weight that scum most certainly want around on D2 because that will give all of us less.

I also am of the opinion that you want the more active players alive going forward because when it comes down to it the more content someone has the better chance you have of catching them in a lie. If you catch someone in a lie what do you most likely catch?

I don't want to(and it looks like I'd be the lynch if not NJAC almost I guess I dunno) but assuming I'm alive somehow tomorrow... I wouldn't want to waste my time ISOing the nothing that's in NJAC's ISO.

I also want to point out now that davesez isn't asking me to point out scum hunting of mine in the sense that he thinks I'll be able to find some for him to look at. He's asking a rhetorical question to call me out on what he believes to be a lack of scum hunting. Which is funny that he wants to use that as a reason to push my lynch, when I'm less guilty of it than... Oh I don't know... NJAC? So davesez would rather lynch me for not scum hunting than NJAC for not scum hunting. Cute.

Either way I'd like to see what the replacement is like in that slot before I probably cast another vote.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:17 am

Post by ploben »

In post 447, Kaboose wrote:NJAC was my target for lynch due to his uselessness, his stalling, and just overall crap of a game. I placed my vote on him because I didn't like him trying to keep RVS going, and because he wasn't scum hunting. I removed my vote because he's replacing out. I had nothing but playstyle as a reason for my vote on NJAC. Assuming playstyle between two players will be different, that slot no longer needs my vote until the next person comes in and gives me either the same reason to vote them, or a new one. But perhaps they won't give me a reason at all? I don't know yet.

You would have been better off just copying and pasting my reads. Would have taken you less time.

In post 447, Kaboose wrote:Look at it this way. We don't lynch NJAC, and we lynch me. D2 comes and NJAC will surely still be alive even if he's town because why would the scum NK someone who hasn't done anything? D2 starts up and we're all looking at stuff to talk about.

It must be opposite day in Kaboose-ville. THIS is the exact reason why mafia would NK NJAC, because then town has nothing to go off of to figure out why he got NK'ed.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:12 am

Post by Kaboose »

I'm glad you know how the scum think better than I do...

Return to “Completed Open Games”