Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

kelbris
, why do you think Slandaar’s post was a reaction test? When did you come to this realization?

vikingfan
, you asked Flames to talk about other players besides Hodor. I couldn’t help but notice that you’ve only talked about kelbris. Do
you
have thoughts on any other players?

havingfitz
, what was wrong with randomidget’s defense?

Cheetory
, you said havingfitz is going after the “two easiest targets”. How is randomidget an easy target?

burn
, please respond to my post 59.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Does randomidget strike you as a hard to lynch player?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 am

Post by burn_209 »

Wicked maybe random vote was the wrong term. Maybe "vote with not much substance behind it" would have been better
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:20 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 101, Cheetory6 wrote:Does randomidget strike you as a hard to lynch player?

No, but he doesn't seem like a particularly easy target either. Your comment just surprised me because randomidget has been ignored by everyone other than havingfitz and randomidget is not inexperienced.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:24 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Who strikes you as an easier target?
Riblet
Riblet
Goon
Riblet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Riblet »

In post 65, kelbris wrote:If I seem a bit too cautious I apologize, I would also like to claim VT, a bit of advice btw, in my other 2 town games, I wound up ultimately claiming VT

:facepalm:

^ applies to post 67 also and i'm willing to bet you will post more things that will warrant me posting the same thing.

I don't agree with Flames assessment of Hodor, don't like that vote either

not sure why but wicked's post to kelbris stands out to me as odd, seems like over explaining to me

In post 96, havingfitz wrote:Ok...so I'm good with my randomidget vote.

Why? convince me cause I'm not seeing it.

In post 97, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm having a hard time getting a read on anything in this game because when I read back I feel like a fucking tool.

That's actually how I feel right now reading back.

Not liking burn's 98 either. Seems too over the top to me. People do stupid things sometimes, this can't be the first time an experienced player has seen a premature claim before.

For now I still like my vote on Slandaar, something about him and his posts twinge my gut.

Riblet Out!

Drops microphone
It's Riblet BABY, Twenty 15!
What, Cause I work at Friendly's I don't work hard?
Now make me a Fribble!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:09 am

Post by havingfitz »

Cheeto (and Wicked)...here is the reason I'm good with my vote on randomidget -> I did not think he adequately assuaged my reasons for voting him (reasons which are clear in the post I vote him).  randomidget's defense on kelbris was based on a single post by kelbris which did not support anything randomidget was saying.   He explains himself and posts weird semi-relevant stuff?  Seriously?  Based on 1 post?  BS.

As for whether or not either of them (rm & kelbris I assume) are easy targets...I would not know as I have not played with either of them.  I do not have time to look as I'm phone-posting from work with a very intermittent connection; but

kelbis, how did you do in your lone completed scum game here?  Did you make it to the end?  Did your team win?

Why do you Cheeto, a self-confessed "dumbfuck," think randomidget and kelbis are easy targets and
does that make them more or less likely to be scum
?  I'm more than happy trying to weed out the easy to find scum first.  If there are difficult to find scum...deeper the game goes, more likely they stand out.

Regarding ignoring your "dumbfuck" actions/views towards Slandaar, I need to look back over the game and delve a little bit closer into a few areas of interest...ex all the voiced suspicions towards Slandaar (which have not caused me to suspect him as of yet) and the case/s on Hodor (which off the top of my head I do not see). 

Question for you Cheeto - in the you accuse Slandaar of useless posts that he doesn't back up and then say you want to avoid his quicklynch because he's "at least critically thinking in a game that's pretty devoid of content so far."  How does that accusation towards Slandaar fit with your reason for taking your vote off him?  It's seems like you are contradicting yourself wrt your views on Slandaar.

Speaking of randomidget....without that 2nd m your name looks like "random idget."  Idget = idiot.  Both in the Southern US and Ireland/Scotland (eejit).  Do you have a preferred shortening for your name?  RM?  Rando?  midget?  Idget?  :)
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:30 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

havingfitz wrote:Question for you Cheeto - in the post you vote me you accuse Slandaar of useless posts that he doesn't back up and then say you want to avoid his quicklynch because he's "at least critically thinking in a game that's pretty devoid of content so far." How does that accusation towards Slandaar fit with your reason for taking your vote off him? It's seems like you are contradicting yourself wrt your views on Slandaar.
The game had arguably stalled, thus given that he wasn't at least voting me while just kind of throwing some weak questions at me just felt like it was doing nothing to push the game forward and hence it was effectively 'useless'. Doesn't mean I don't think what he did had thought behind it or that he isn't thinking critically. I don't think it's arguable that he's played a smarter game than I have so far, but whether he's usefully progressing the game by sitting on 1-2 questions while not trying to push a vote this early is debatable.

havingfitz wrote:Why do you Cheeto, a self-confessed "dumbfuck," think randomidget and kelbis are easy targets and does that make them more or less likely to be scum? I'm more than happy trying to weed out the easy to find scum first. If there are difficult to find scum...deeper the game goes, more likely they stand out.
Trouble with people like random/kelbris is that it's easy to scumread their general metatells. Even worse is that it's easy for scum to call them out on things and look like they're being productive/progressing the gamestate. I don't think it makes them more or less likely to be scum, but I wasn't sure if the course of action you were taking is that of someone who's genuinely trying to sort someone and I wanted to prod it more.

What exactly is the apparent scum motivation behind what random is doing right now?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:45 am

Post by massive »

It would be a fascinating study to run, you know -- create ten new accounts, have them claim vanilla townie in their first three posts regardless of role, and see how long they survive based solely on the newbie goodwill.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Riblet
Riblet
Goon
Riblet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:50 am

Post by Riblet »

In post 108, massive wrote:It would be a fascinating study to run, you know -- create ten new accounts, have them claim vanilla townie in their first three posts regardless of role, and see how long they survive based solely on the newbie goodwill.

lol, i'd partake in this study just for the lulz
Now make me a Fribble!
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 am

Post by kelbris »

ok, first of all, note to self, how people react to RVS claims in one game does NOT reflect how others will react to such a claim. Second of all, I came to the conclusion that Slandaar's post was trying to gauge reactions was after he revealed that he was imitating me, if you look at the posts between #9 and #21 (when he imitated me and when he revealed it respectively), you will see burn_209's vote for him (if this was an RVS vote please feel free to correct me), Cheetory6's vote on him because of his same post, Slandarr's subsequent question as to why they were voting for him and not me, along with a short conversation between Cheetory6 and Wickedest about my first post, later on Cheetory revealed that he was referring to Slandaar all that time NOT my post.

After reading back through thoes relevant posts, I started thinking that he was trying to see exactly HOW other players would react to such a post, whilst mine came off as newbie explaining everything, a quick look at Slandaar's profile revealed that he has been around for 3 years more then me, reaffirming my opinion that his post was to gauge other player's reactions. I also noticed that he lives in a timezone which allows him to be online at the same time that other players are. Which made me ask, if he lived in such a time zone, WHY would he make such a post if not to try to get people to react so he can determine whether they are scum or town. I voted for him, because I knew that his post was a (pretty poor excuse for a) reaction test OR that he was lying to give himself an excuse to lurk, something that scum are probably more likely to do then town, (I did not mention the lying part earlier because it had not dawned on me that it could have been the case until after I had gone offline for the day).
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 am

Post by havingfitz »

I'm not sure this:

• In post 107, Cheetory6 wrote:The game had arguably stalled, thus given that he wasn't at least voting me while just kind of throwing some weak questions at me just felt like it was doing nothing to push the game forward and hence it was effectively 'useless'. Doesn't mean I don't think what he did had thought behind it or that he isn't thinking critically. I don't think it's arguable that he's played a smarter game than I have so far, but whether he's usefully progressing the game by sitting on 1-2 questions while not trying to push a vote this early is debatable.

is a good explanation for this (wrt Slandaar):

• In post 97, Cheetory6 wrote:basically sitting on a few really useless questions at me and kelbris which aren't going anywhere without actually voting for either of us.
    In post 97, Cheetory6 wrote:someone who's at least critically thinking

In post 107, Cheetory6 wrote:Trouble with people like random/kelbris is that it's easy to scumread their general metatells.

I do not know what their "metatells" are. Or for that matter...what a metatell is. And I do not think I have time or interest to figure it out. I've never played with either of them and aside from kelbris providing a little info on his experience and looking to see if idget's defense was well founded...I know nothing of either.

In post 107, Cheetory6 wrote:What exactly is the apparent scum motivation behind what random is doing right now?

Well...what is idget doing right now? He isn't doing anything in this game. Is that one of his metatells? HIs motivation for not doing anything could be to avoid attention. His motivation for defending kelbris could be to protect a partner or garner town cred from kelbris and or other town (if kelbris were to flip town). His motivation for defending kelbris with things that can not be substantiated (that I could see) could be lazy scum just throwing out a read. idk. What's the town motivation for anything he has done?

Also -
In post 106, havingfitz wrote:Why do you Cheeto,
a self-confessed "dumbfuck,"
think randomidget and kelbis are easy targets

And hey kelbris -
In post 106, havingfitz wrote:
how did you do in your lone completed scum game here? Did you make it to the end? Did your team win?

havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:00 am

Post by havingfitz »

massive...are you not doing anything on purpose? Still thinking things over?

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Point forms for clarity:
Critical Thinking - mimicking kelbris, not immediately pouncing on people for being scummy
Sitting on Useless Questions - asking me and kelbris 1-2 easy questions and then jetting without voting either of us for pressure.
Get it or no?

Metatell is something a player does in general which isn't alignment indicative.
I haven't seen anything particularly alignment indicative from his play. Just things that look like meh play.

fitz wrote:Why do you Cheeto, a self-confessed "dumbfuck," think randomidget and kelbis are easy targets
Random from meta/his play thus far being easy to jump on.
Kelbris because his play is unorthodox. Other people have stated that this is normally how he plays.

fitz wrote:Well...what is idget doing right now? He isn't doing anything in this game. Is that one of his metatells? HIs motivation for not doing anything could be to avoid attention. His motivation for defending kelbris could be to protect a partner or garner town cred from kelbris and or other town (if kelbris were to flip town). His motivation for defending kelbris with things that can not be substantiated (that I could see) could be lazy scum just throwing out a read. idk. What's the town motivation for anything he has done?
I'll look at this later because I'm fukn starving right now and haven't eaten anything all day.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 108, massive wrote:It would be a fascinating study to run, you know -- create ten new accounts, have them claim vanilla townie in their first three posts regardless of role, and see how long they survive based solely on the newbie goodwill.

I think a better 'experiment' would be to try and post actual relevant information and more than 2 posts by page 5.

This post reads like filler to not trip the prod counter and look like you are participating while actually avoiding it.

VOTE: massive
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

@cheeto

I find it interesting that you voted sladaar for the derp post and then, after discovering that he was simply imitating, you do not change your vote or even really engage the originator of the post? Why?
Riblet
Riblet
Goon
Riblet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Riblet »

Is slandaar lynched yet? I guess not cause its not locked.

OK so.slandaar, why are you not doing any scum hunting? Why are you not even voting yet? Why did you think it was a good idea to basically copy another players opener and why do I get the impression you are phoning it in thus far?
Now make me a Fribble!
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by kelbris »

Sorry, must have missed that part of your post the last time I read throug it. Anyway, I was lynched on day 2 when I tried claiming cop to survive longer, I was actually an Encryptor that game, my two partners were Prawneater and Hiraki (Hiraki being the last one standing on my team, a mafia doctor), we did win that game by the skin of our teeth, I goofed up when a lot of the players were voting for me since I had not been in a game with a cop yet and therefore was unsure how a cop is normally played.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Very quick summary of where I'm at with each player before I go to bed:

massive Null at this point
havingfitz null
Wickedestjr Town
Cheetory6 Leaning town
FA_Q2 Leaning town
Hodor Hodor: more quantity please.
burn_209 leaning town
kelbris: I'm inclined to write him off as an extreme newbtown at this point.
Slandaar want to see more on this one, not sure at the moment.
Flames of Disaster *votes Hodor, is challenged to justify his vote, and immediately asks for replacement. I need to look at his profile and see if this is typical behavior or if this is possible scum having trouble standing up to scrutiny.
randomidget: Same as Hodor.
Riblet: Null

I'm going to
vote Flames
at this point because I really didn't like the way that whole sequence went there.
Riblet
Riblet
Goon
Riblet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by Riblet »

well that was a useless post and to top it off you vote a player who has requested replacement so can't even defend himself. :facepalm:
Now make me a Fribble!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:09 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

FA wrote:I find it interesting that you voted sladaar for the derp post and then, after discovering that he was simply imitating, you do not change your vote or even really engage the originator of the post? Why?

Cheetory6 wrote:
Kelbris feels more like new player explaining everything he does.

Not getting same vibes from Slandaar.

Hodor Hodor disappearing is sketch.

fitz wrote:Well...what is idget doing right now? He isn't doing anything in this game. Is that one of his metatells? HIs motivation for not doing anything could be to avoid attention. His motivation for defending kelbris could be to protect a partner or garner town cred from kelbris and or other town (if kelbris were to flip town). His motivation for defending kelbris with things that can not be substantiated (that I could see) could be lazy scum just throwing out a read. idk. What's the town motivation for anything he has done?
He could be defending someone he feels is town but doesn't know exactly how to convey why he feels that they're town. Why couldn't he be just as likely to be lazy town vs lazy scum? Is it just because he's a low content poster?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:11 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Also, this game is really boring.
Someone be fantastic, because I don't have the energy yet.
If we could get a superstar in the Flames slot I would be happy.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:12 am

Post by vikingfan »

In post 119, Riblet wrote:well that was a useless post and to top it off you vote a player who has requested replacement so can't even defend himself. :facepalm:

It was more a statement of 'this is sketchy' to me at this point in time. I would not have made the vote if there was any sort of wagon on flames at the momnet since he is currently pending a replacement.

What kind of superstar are you looking for, Cheetory?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:14 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:59 am

Post by Slandaar »

I don't really wish to post life story but I am not well currently so will post properly when I can.

VOTE: Riblet

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”