Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by snscompt1 »

Let's lynch him then. The pace of this game is dragging.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I want to hear from FWTJR first.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 773, numberQ wrote:
Alternatively, let's say I instantly understood from Diego's post that he was the jailkeeper. Why would I then out him, as you're suggesting I should have done as town? If I suspected him of having a power role, I'd want to keep that quiet.

I didn't say outing him would be the town play, that would just be crazy. But you didn't ask him for followup, or push the conclusion like I'd expect town to do. Quiet is one thing, totally quiet is very different.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 773, numberQ wrote:Why preclude the possibility that another player saw my exchange with Diego and came to the conclusion you're so eager to thrust on me?

You're the one who reacted to what Diego said.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 4.04

No Lynch (1)- ForWhomTheJellyRolls
davesaz (1)- snscompt1
numberQ (1)- davesaz

Not voting: Drixx, Seraphim, numberQ

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline

22nd March, 9am AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-03-21 18:00:00).
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by numberQ »

dave, who do you think my partner is if I'm scum?
Hey!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Drixx »

In post 780, numberQ wrote:dave, who do you think my partner is if I'm scum?

This is a horrible question. Townies should never try the "Oh yeah?! If you're so sure I'm scum, then who is my partner?" as a defense.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

We all kind of gave Drixx a pass didn't we?

If we all seem to think davesaz is scum I'm all for lynching him. If we aren't sure then I think we should no lynch.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:27 pm

Post by Drixx »

I'm the one everyone seems to trust (and the two scum know) is town. I take responsibility of the conclusion that arose out of me directing things ends up costing us the game. I don't think it will, but I cannot be 100% sure.

Therefore I am willing to hammer and be the main responsible party. If you agree with my analysis, then get on with voting and hopefully we get to have another MYLO tomorrow and sufficient data to bring home the win.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:49 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 781, Drixx wrote:

This is a horrible question. Townies should never try the "Oh yeah?! If you're so sure I'm scum, then who is my partner?" as a defense.

It wasn't meant to be a defense. His latest posts have nothing I can even really respond to that wouldn't just be running in circles. Why is it horrible to want to know who else, if anyone, he thinks is scum?

Also, what's stopping you from voting now, Drixx? Why do you have to be the hammer?
Hey!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:00 am

Post by Seraphim »

Vote: davesaz
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:50 am

Post by davesaz »

Aha, so it's Seraphim. I wasn't sure between him and Jelly.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:05 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

I'm okay with no lynching at the moment. I don't like how eager Seraphim and snscompt1 are to lynch him and end the day. In my experience that's never been a good sign. I might change my mind and go for davesaz because I still think he's the best shot at lynching scum. But I'm really uneasy right now.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:41 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 784, numberQ wrote:
In post 781, Drixx wrote:

It wasn't meant to be a defense. His latest posts have nothing I can even really respond to that wouldn't just be running in circles. Why is it horrible to want to know who else, if anyone, he thinks is scum?

Also, what's stopping you from voting now, Drixx? Why do you have to be the hammer?

There's a very high utility value in the voting order in MYLO/LYLO situations. Since everyone listed me as a town read, it makes sense for me to hold my vote and evaluate what happens. The information necessary to win could come from the way the votes play out.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:43 am

Post by Drixx »

Also ... super sorry numberQ ... for some reason I thought it was dave posting that question to you, not the other way round. That's why one shouldn't make important endgame posts when vastly tired at 1am.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:41 am

Post by numberQ »

Fair point about vote order, Drixx. Anyway, let's take a look at FWTJR.

In post 782, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:We all kind of gave Drixx a pass didn't we?

If we all seem to think davesaz is scum I'm all for lynching him. If we aren't sure then I think we should no lynch.

This is so fence-sitting it hurts. Let's lynch him if we think we should. Let's not if we think we shouldn't. What exactly did this contribute to the conversation?

In post 787, ForWhomTheJellyRolls wrote:I'm okay with no lynching at the moment. I don't like how eager Seraphim and snscompt1 are to lynch him and end the day. In my experience that's never been a good sign. I might change my mind and go for davesaz because I still think he's the best shot at lynching scum. But I'm really uneasy right now.

Your next post at least more directly says you want a no lynch, but still says it in a very wishy-washy way. If you're "okay" with a no lynch and don't feel right with any of the lynch possibilities, why are you not pushing that? And nice save there -- you "might" change your mind and go for davesaz? I get it. You're not going to vote him because you don't want your scumbuddy to die, but in the event that he does get lynched, you get townie points because you said that.

VOTE: davesaz
L-1

I think the scumteam is dave and JellyRolls. My JellyRolls read is more dependent on dave being scum, which is why I want to see him lynched first. Then again, if we lynch town at any point, we'll most likely lose the game, so the order is kind of a moot point. :P
Hey!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:47 am

Post by davesaz »

I'm bulletproof.

Was waiting to see if Seraphim would commit to the vote. He started pushing my slot in earnest after the no-kill and it intensified the longer I stayed alive. After NumberQ figured out Diego's JK role, they took him out and Seraphim ramped up the scum read on me to try to get me lynched.

Quotes upcoming, wanted to get this out there before someone hammers.
snscompt1
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
snscompt1
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:47 am

Post by snscompt1 »

In post 791, davesaz wrote:I'm bulletproof.

Was waiting to see if Seraphim would commit to the vote. He started pushing my slot in earnest after the no-kill and it intensified the longer I stayed alive. After NumberQ figured out Diego's JK role, they took him out and Seraphim ramped up the scum read on me to try to get me lynched.

Quotes upcoming, wanted to get this out there before someone hammers.

Confscum now. I'm the Bulletproof. I crumbed it in my third or fourth post after I joined.

In post 663, snscompt1 wrote:Caught up.

P
hew.
R
eally though, this game is crazy.
O
f course I could do what I normally do and spew quotes but I would rather not seeing as how I would hate to spend that time just to die.
O
bviously, I will answer any questions you have.
F
un fun.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:07 am

Post by Drixx »

That was ... unexpected.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:27 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote

I need to think about this.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:33 am

Post by Seraphim »

We have four days, if people are active we can work this out. I have a lot of tinfoil scenario running around in my head now that I need to get quieted down so I can make a rational decision.

Did anyone else think that exchange was a little TOO choreographed or was it just me?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Drixx »

I'm going to bite my tongue and let Seraphim share his thoughts.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:44 am

Post by Drixx »

Voted for Dave: Snscmpt1, Seraphim, numberQ

FWTJR had a chance to vote and put Dave at L-1, with me having stated intent to vote and saying that I would hammer, and passed it up.

So logically, we have at least weak evidence that either Dave is scum or the two scum are among the 3 who voted for him, or else the game should be over right now.

The two BP claims probably make today a 1v1 decision. So the slot to read carefully is Snscompt1. He did indeed breadcrumb "PROOF", but that could have been a really savvy scum play upon replacing in, set up for just such a situation as this.

The question is whether scum could have known that Diego was a Jailkeeper before his flip. The timing seems to favor Snscompt1 in that regard. He replaced in during the BRantz wagon and breadcrumbed
before
Diego flipped.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 796, Drixx wrote:I'm going to bite my tongue and let Seraphim share his thoughts.

Turns out his thoughts weren't so great.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:49 am

Post by Seraphim »

Actually, I am still on board for a dave lynch.

My condensed thought process: (1) at least one of them (sns, dave) must be scum. (2) Both might be scum. If both are scum, then sns is looking to use his buddy's death to coast to endgame. HOWEVER, there is no way for this to have been choreographed beforehand, upon reflection because sns made his crumb before he would have had a chance to talk in the QT. Therefore, scenario 2 is a bust. (3) sns might be scum counterclaiming dave, however that breadcrumb is pretty damning for Dave. My only concern is that scum definitely have a good reason to counterclaim here, as a lack of a counterclaim would mean dave not getting lynched and being confirmed town. There's also no guarantee that Dave's shot has been expended (scum might have a reasonable guess, but Diego throws them into doubt) so he is a risky kill tonight and in the future.

However, it all comes back to that breadcrumb and my initial reads, which tip me towards lynching dave. Similar to Drixx, I am willing to let the simplest and clearest explanation shine through rather than get lost in paranoia, which is to say that dave knew he was going down and is claiming BP to trip us up.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”