Open 589: Duck Duck Goose (Game Over: Somebody Won)

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:33 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 484, GreyICE wrote:
Dave is weird. Le weird. I've misread him before, I remember that avatar. Inclined to think he plays close to the chest, not always pro-town, but I'm saying town.

Yeah, your avatar is familiar too, and I recognize the style. :P
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

Vote: Taly

Please join us friends, in welcoming the scum to the noose!
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

You get bonus points if you don't make me explain why
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:45 am

Post by Taly »

In post 502, GreyICE wrote:You get bonus points if you don't make me explain why

Then how about you explain yourself now?

VOTE: GreyICE
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:49 am

Post by GreyICE »

Mmmmm, nah. I bet at least 5 people here are good enough to get it without a paint by numbers.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Taly »

@GreyICE

1)
Why are you suspecting that Odd is treating me differently?

2)
Why did you change your vote from me to vettrock?

3)
Why do you think I am scum? I've just proved that part of your claiming isn't true, which makes me suspect that you're misrepping me to some degree.

4)
What are your other reads?

5)
What is with the antagonism?

P-Edit:
Then WHY don't you ask anyone else? You're throwing statements out there, and you're not clear with what you're wanting.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:56 am

Post by GreyICE »

It's very clear. My vote is on you. I want you lynched. I want you lynched because you got a cute little red role PM that said you get to kill one of us each night. But it's pointless to argue, we both know it's true.

@Townies:
please review the last few posts. Scumbuddies, you can do the same, you know where this is going. If I were you, smart money is on a good bus right now, then try and live out day 2 (yes, blowing the PGO night 1, don't even think of trying it). One of you will make it through, guaranteed.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Taly »

>
You didn't answer questions
>
You didn't give valid reasons for your claim
>
You're wanting people to bus and vote mindlessly as if you didn't care the results
>
You're dismissing what I, and what others have meant in what they've been saying thus far
>
You're repeatedly re-iterating your disgust and carelessness towards me....
>
You didn't even explain your other reads for anyone, whether it was town or scum...

Assessment:

A)
You're either town who really doesn't care that much of how the day goes since you like to say that sheeping is town indicative, and anything that is direct or cautious is likely to be scum. You are genuine and articulate in your thoughts, which make me think you're a somewhat a town which I'll give you that.

B)
You're scum who is painfully trying to push a lynch at this point. I'd almost call you town for this because I really doubt a scum would so easily spew what you've said and then dismiss any valid retorts back.

Either way, continuing this is pointless right now - and it's only me feeding into your very off-handed motives.

I'm not going to argue on this one, at least not immediately.... My head is hurting and I've already had a less than desirable day thanks to people who are way too sure of themselves.
-_-****....

UNVOTE:
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by ploben »

***looks up from vettrock ISO***

Hmmm. That was interesting.

***continues reading vettrock ISO***
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Post by ploben »

Vett has had some weird notions, dragging his feet through RVS in , the bad vote on Honey in which almost looks like an OMGUS defense of Kaboose because of Honey's vote on Kaboose. The rest is mostly just filler. Not sure how I feel yet, especially in light of what's unfolding late in the day.

In light of your push on taly I think vett is lower on the lynch list for me at this point. I'm still convinced about Kaboose with his policy lynch and his thoughts on the deadline, especially in D1 where it's tough to pin down scum so you want to use as much time as you can.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Post by Netherspite »

In post 495, GreyICE wrote:
So... Taly knows enough about mafia to give a reads list... but doesn't have any questions he wants answered?

BURN THE WITCH BURN HER BURN THE WITCH

I liked your posts up to this point.
And then comes this.
You need to
know a lot about mafia
to give a reads list? Like, seriously?

My first post in my first game on this forum was a reads list with comments.
How on earth can this be impossible to post for a newbie?
It's perfectly possible and I did that, thus my conclusion that
Taly
is town (I was town in my first game as well and posted similar things).

===

Anyway,
GreyICE
is town. I see him trying to find scum. While he may be a bit over-aggressive, it serves a good purpose.

Speaking of scum, I'd rather believe that
vettrock
is scum than anyone else you guys suggested.
Sleep time now, I'll go through his ISO tomorrow and decide whether I'm sure about his lynch or not.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon
Location: Usually C minor or A minor with some F major mixed in

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by oddmusic »

Oh hey look, Grey and Taly had a pissing match! Let's watch.

In post 499, Taly wrote:
I don't understand why
Grey
says I haven't asked any questions.
(Posts where I asked questions: , , , , , , , )
And some more, and even though 1/4th of them weren't answered, you can't say that I haven't asked questions because that, expressing my knowledge and opinion, and putting up a vote when I think is necessary - is all I've done so far - and moreso the questions than most other things.

Yuck. I actually looked at each of the posts linked. Why? Because I'm a masochist that's why. Most of them are asking individual players for reads, sometimes on specific players, sometimes in general. That's fine. But it's annoyingly non-specific. Quite a few of them are long lists of questions asked when prompted by another player (me, for instance). This is appeasing other players.

A few of them are just empty questions.

Please explain this, I don't know where this came from. Odd is honestly one of the only people who has legitimately pushed at me in this game. (Other than a few stabs from NJAC, and ChriVi.)

I haven't pushed you this game. At all. I've raised red flags. That's it. If I'm going to push you we'll have a long conversation with maybe a vote involved.

I'm also not entirely sure what this has to do with your alignment, or with the quote is was in response to.

Finally:
Because he's a cautious newbie who is oversharing things to fully walk through his reasoning for us. He doesn't want to get lynched, but not in a scummy way, more in an "I'm new, I'm giving 110%, love me friends" way. He's not quite sure how to scumhunt, naturally scared of mislynching, and has not yet developed the blood rage (the blood rage will come children, oh yes it will). It's all super genuine. Plus if he were scum, he'd be scared overcautious scum, which means reading all of his posts for scumtells.

Please tell me you aren't saying that I am scummy because I am polite. This is a game, not a fighting ring... :igmeou: I can be just as pissy as I am polite. So don't mix this up with me not being genuine everytime I say "thank you" or "are you serious." Plus, you just acknowledged the fact that I am being truthful about my experience and approach, which shows that you do find validity in a lot of what I say. Which makes me think you're saying these things to provoke town conversations, a more solid position on me, and get more info on me. Hmm...

That was a read on me. You'll notice it's a townread.

In post 501, GreyICE wrote:

Grey's Taly vote. A little confident aren't you?

In post 503, Taly wrote:
In post 502, GreyICE wrote:You get bonus points if you don't make me explain why

Then how about you explain yourself now?

VOTE: GreyICE

I'd call this OMGUS, but Taly unvotes a few posts later.

It's a pretty contentless spat, to be perfectly honest with you. Grey's initial points are valid, if overstated but his later points amount to saying, "sheep me everybody because I'm right".

More than anything else Taly's vote on GreyICE bugs me. Even though he did retract it later, it came right after Grey's initial vote on him. The rationale seems to be that Taly felt Grey was pushing him without good reason. That's fine, but it seems like a very weak read to provoke a vote.
Strange chords are playing in the wind

I once thought the above pretentious drivel was a good idea for a signature.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by oddmusic »

@ GreyICE: Why is Taly a better lynch than vettrock?

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Mmmm, I thought about talking about Kaboose, but a wagon for him voting for the NJAC wagon (that you were on) is just silliness.

So tell me, you read Taly's posts, neh? Anything strike you about them? Especially, for a logical player, see any, y'know, issues with the logic and flow of events there?

Pedit: This blew up. Someone read Taly's list of questions, and the post before that. Actually sit down and read them. See anything... off?
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by ploben »

In post 513, GreyICE wrote:Mmmm, I thought about talking about Kaboose, but a wagon for him voting for the NJAC wagon (that you were on) is just silliness.

So tell me, you read Taly's posts, neh? Anything strike you about them? Especially, for a logical player, see any, y'know, issues with the logic and flow of events there?

Pedit: This blew up. Someone read Taly's list of questions, and the post before that. Actually sit down and read them. See anything... off?

Is this directed at me?
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:25 pm

Post by oddmusic »

In post 513, GreyICE wrote:Pedit: This blew up. Someone read Taly's list of questions, and the post before that. Actually sit down and read them. See anything... off?

Well, he does ask for a read on himself in . That strikes me as being…off. One of is a list of questions prompted by somebody else asking for them (). Really though, most of it is just asking people for reads. There's a lack of specificity involved in saying "hey [random player], what are your reads?" that I don't love for town.

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 514, ploben wrote:
In post 513, GreyICE wrote:Mmmm, I thought about talking about Kaboose, but a wagon for him voting for the NJAC wagon (that you were on) is just silliness.

Is this directed at me?

Was originally, then half of everyone decided to post, so sure.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

Post by ploben »

Oh yeah. Taly's post is very striking.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:50 pm

Post by Taly »

@Odd

My vote for Grey was nothing of the sort of an OMGUS. It was to see if he would open up and explain to me his position, and I was sadly mistaken.

So I unvoted, he apparently is getting what he wants now that people are talking about it...

As for the questions I've asked, the most recent posts that contained questions had nothing of the sort of me asking for reads on myself, and some of the questions in the earliest posts may have contained questions towards myself, but there were still specific questions directed at people.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Then follow the obvious with a vote.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by ploben »

In post 518, Taly wrote:
@Odd

My vote for Grey was nothing of the sort of an OMGUS. It was to see if he would open up and explain to me his position, and I was sadly mistaken.

I know this wasn't directed at me but how can you say your vote wasn't anything but OMGUS?
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:57 pm

Post by ploben »

Come on taly, seriously? How has Grey not opened up and explained his position this entire time, since he came into the game?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 501, GreyICE wrote:

In post 504, GreyICE wrote:Mmmmm, nah. I bet at least 5 people here are good enough to get it without a paint by numbers.

I must say, after our previous encounter I have serious misgivings about sheeping you. But I do see it... TBH it was right there all along, but the steady drip gets numbing after a while. It's pretty damn obvious if you're looking fresh or if you ISO.

When I read Taly's posts, I see "if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with your B.S." Are we on the same wavelength on that?
What I'm not sure of is how to make that alignment indicative. How do we know it's not just "loquacious newb"?
I think we get plenty of information anyway, and that's good for town, but weigh Taly vs Vettrock with that question in mind. Still like Taly better?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Taly »

I'd be lying if I didn't get emotional over his approach, I am very frustrated at the moment, and not just because of this. But he wanted me to make him explain himself and answer questions, and since me explaining my stance on what he has already said about me didn't work, I decided to take him up on his prompt and vote. I didn't get anything except for a sneer and him calling others to try and form a wagon on me, so I unvoted seeing that continuing a push further wouldn't do any good.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Taly »

Dave, I'm going to take your post as saying that you don't find me to be scummy but there is one thing I want to point out:

"if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with your B.S."

I'm not here to impress... I'm here to figure out.

Return to “Completed Open Games”