Mini 425 Generic Western Mafia- Game over!

gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:47 am

Post by gorckat »

I stand corrected on lat- I had swapped him and flea on the DS wagon in my mind. Your list of names is correct, as far as the last three votes goes.

On the old quotes...so I can just repeat myself, but not use quote tags? That's what you seem to be saying.

My number three is directed here:
And I guess it's just another coincidence that both the people he is willing to vote so eagerly and without another single thought are both innocent.
I have given it much thought. I don't think you're innocent, despite your saying it over and over.

Is being eager a scum tell? If I was measured and slow, would that make my votes on you less suspect, if they originate from the same place?
Day 3, Third official vote count:

Paradoxombie (2): gorckat, somestrangeflea
mustafa15 (1): Thesp
gorckat (1): Paradoxombie

Not voting: Peter Venkman, Occult, mustafa15, Lateralus

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:24 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

gorckat wrote: On the old quotes...so I can just repeat myself, but not use quote tags? That's what you seem to be saying.
I just want you to give a good argument without simply reciting somthing you said before.
gorckat wrote: My number three is directed here:
And I guess it's just another coincidence that both the people he is willing to vote so eagerly and without another single thought are both innocent.
I have given it much thought. I don't think you're innocent, despite your saying it over and over.

Is being eager a scum tell? If I was measured and slow, would that make my votes on you less suspect, if they originate from the same place?
It has nothing to do with what you're doing now. I just find it VERY suspicious that you were doing the exact same thing as scum usually do. That is, Vote hoping between inoccents until you can get a good solid bandwagon on one. And I would definitely have found it much less suspicious if you had gone slower and laid out good reasoning, because then there wouldn't have been a quicklynch, or by giving solid reasoning for going from voting me to DS because at least then it wouldn't look like(and be exactly like, in every way,) vote hopping.

My point is this, you picked two people, both with some suspicion on them already, you attacked them all day, then you lynched whichever one you could as soon as you could without further explanation. Niether was Mafia. It's a perfect cover for scum. And Occult and Somestrangeflea have similar circumstances.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by gorckat »

I didn't lynch DS- you're acting like my vote nailed his coffin shut. flea and Occult did that. You keep putting 100% responsibility on me, when it can't be done.

Tomorrow should be a slow day at work. I'll put a few more bricks in my foundation then.
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:34 pm

Post by Peter Venkman »

somestrangeflea wrote:After watching you two bitch at each other, I've decided to
Vote: Paradox

Because Caps Lock makes you look desperate to shift the focus off you.

And the five thousand exclamation marks isn't helping. Calm down please.
Flea> Does the second vote on Day Three have any important implications?

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:20 pm

Post by Occult »

Christ after that exchange I really want to vote Pzombie. But I want SSR to answer PV's question first, something doesn't feel right about his vote.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:00 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Peter Venkman wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote:After watching you two bitch at each other, I've decided to
Vote: Paradox

Because Caps Lock makes you look desperate to shift the focus off you.

And the five thousand exclamation marks isn't helping. Calm down please.
Flea> Does the second vote on Day Three have any important implications?

-Peter
I dunno how to react to this question, as I'm not sure whether your asking me "What does your vote mean in terms of the game?" to test my knowledge, or if you're simply asking me "Uh, why?". Because of this, I shall answer the second, and then the first if that's actually what you wanted.
paradoxombie wrote:Plus I think it's important to
always keep your vote on someone
Sounds reasonable, but then, when he doesn't vote...
paradoxombie wrote:I meant
my vote is unecessary
to keep the game moving. That was the whole point in the first place. I'd leave my vote on someone even if I don't find them that suspicious because at least it keeps the day moving(actually I've been less strict in that rule recently)
You claim that you
meant
that you only voted to keep the game moving.
paradoxombie wrote:I clearly explained that situation.
The explanation was clear, it just wasn't very good.
paradoxombie wrote:Please be more speciffic Occult, unless you want me to go through all of my posts and point out exactly how every single one isn't scummy.
Paradoxombie wrote:
Occult wrote:Yes I would appreciate this.
j/k! Burden of proof, man.
You make a serious post, and then, when called on it, play the "It was obviously a joke" card. And I really hate that card.
paradoxombie wrote:ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME?
Peter Venkman wrote:Your insistence for proof and constant requests to explain why every one of your posts is scummy is a reaction worth noting.
I agree.

You vanish for six days, then return with
paradoxombie wrote:I'd like to hear anything new from anybody. I have nothing.
Well, try.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:00 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

gorckat wrote:I didn't lynch DS- you're acting like my vote nailed his coffin shut. flea and Occult did that. You keep putting 100% responsibility on me, when it can't be done.
I've never tried to do that, but I find it funny you seem to have admitted you think there was scum on the wagon....
The only thing you are right on is the quick lynch part. You're wrong on who to go after.
....and yet the only person you go after wasn't even on the bandwagon, and also happens to be the one who suspects you. The only other you've gone after today is Lat, who is
1. another person not on the quicklynch wagon
2. a newbie and
3. an easy target.
So if focusing on one scummy person at a time is a crime, I'd think you were just as guilty as I. (Triple Hypocrite)

And your arguments are all pretty fallacious, somestrangeflea.
Raffles
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Raffles
Mafia Zcum
Mafia Zcum

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:21 am

Post by Raffles »

Mod
I'm sorry, this is way later than it should be but I'm asking to be replaced. I have never been so busy and I can't pay attention to all the game they deserve.
Woof!
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:27 am

Sefer used his crystal ball to see that you would make that post, and thus pre-emptively replaced you with me.

He's good isn't he?
Lateralus
Lateralus
Townie
Lateralus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:57 am

Post by Lateralus »

I know this sounds odd cause he just kind of defended me, but I know for positive Xombie is innocent. im telling the best i can without giving away my role. xombie has made some good points against Gorckrat and as has Gorckrat and SSF against xombie. also those are the only two people who voted against xombie and it seems like (other the Occult with a maybe vote) theyre the only two that are trying to fit the noose around xombie.
Woah Danger
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:03 am

This is day 3. There have been 2 nights. Mind sharing what you "know" from the other night?
Peter Venkman
Peter Venkman
Goon
Peter Venkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:41 am

Post by Peter Venkman »

FOS: SomeStrangeFlea

I'd be voting, but on Sunday I leave for a week.

-Peter
Back off, man. I'm a scientist.
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:17 pm

Post by Sefer »

Raffles wrote:
Mod
I'm sorry, this is way later than it should be but I'm asking to be replaced. I have never been so busy and I can't pay attention to all the game they deserve.
No worries, you were replaced more than two weeks ago :)

Thesp has responded to his prod and stated his activity will be low due to the Thespival. mustafa15 has another day to respond before I start looking for a replacement.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
mustafa15
mustafa15
Goon
mustafa15
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:35 pm

Post by mustafa15 »

Replace me, I'm going away for 3 weeks with no computer access
I'm back
Sefer
Sefer
Goon
Sefer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:21 am

Post by Sefer »

Aimee replaces mustafa15. There needs to be a deadline due to the lack of posting; to make sure that Aimee has a fair chance of catching up before that deadline, it will be 10 days from now.

Deadline set for July 25th
This deadline can be extended if posting has picked up when it approaches.
Incidentally, the 25th will also be the day I leave for the San Diego Comic-con. I probably won't have much access from the 26th-29th; I'll be staying with a friend with internet access but I doubt I'll have the time to make use of it.
[url=http://www.greylabyrinth.com/discussion/viewtopic.php?p=419266]Sign up for theHeroes Mafia Mega at Grey Labyrinth[/url]
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:54 am

Post by gorckat »

Lost Friday to dealing with some issues of my house purchase :?

Popping in to say, real quick...
Lateralus wrote:I know this sounds odd cause he just kind of defended me, but I know for positive Xombie is innocent. im telling the best i can without giving away my role. xombie has made some good points against Gorckrat and as has Gorckrat and SSF against xombie. also those are the only two people who voted against xombie and it seems like (other the Occult with a maybe vote) theyre the only two that are trying to fit the noose around xombie.
There aren't many roles I'd expect in a Normal to be able to clear someone positively. I've no idea if you should fully claim or what right now.

Since I don't have the same info you claim to, I wouldn't make much of me trying to lynch him. He's been seen as suspect by more than myself and flea (and Occult).

Hopefully I'll get up to speed on anything since my last post early in the day tomorrow.

However,
unvote
, just to be safe.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:54 pm

Post by Aimee »

Hi people. Give me about 2 days to catch up. I may have a post up by the end of today, but we'll see.
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:25 am

Post by gorckat »

Huh. Rereading has me leaning towards believing lat's assertion of xombie's innocence. That makes the process of elimination to find scum a little different from what I was looking at before.

Eager to here from Aimee, obv.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Aimee »

Whew! Seems quite active! I am up to page 19 at the moment.
Lateralus
Lateralus
Townie
Lateralus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Lateralus »

No need to prod me if you guys were thinking it... ill read up real quick like and post.
Woah Danger
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:09 am

Post by Aimee »

Right, time for some assignments. Please note I have read the game, and do have extensive notes on everybody. These assignments will most definitely either emphasise or shatter my opinions of everyone left.

Lateralus:

1. Could you give your thoughts on the Day 1 deadline, and VKR's lynch?
2. Could you give your opinions on the Day 2 lynch of Death Sauce?
3. Could you give me your opinion of Peter Venkman?

Occult:

1. Why does the recent exchange between Paradoxombie and gorckat/SSF leave you wanting to vote Zombie?
2. Why did you want a deadline?
3. What are your thoughts on Thesp?

gorckat:

1. Why did you want a deadline?
2. What are your thoughts on Occult?

Thesp:

1. How was Thespival?
2. Why do you believe Lateralus is town?
3. What are your thoughts on gorckat?

Paradoxombie:

1. What are your thoughts on Lateralus?
2. Who do you think is most likely to be town at the moment?

SSF:

2. Can you give your thoughts on Occult?
3. Can you give your reasons for your Paradoxombie vote
4. Can you give reasons for your Lateralus vote?

Peter doesn't get any because of his vacation. He may get one when he gets back.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:20 am

I wanted a deadline/replacements to prod the players who hadn't posted in a while. I did not expect both.

2. Can you give your thoughts on Occult?
Hammering did seem a tad scummy to be honest, but, IMO, not as scummy as a few people seem to be making it out to be.

3. Can you give your reasons for your Paradoxombie vote?
My Paradoxombie vote is because of general thread-wide tone and attitude. I've maintained a suspicion on him since entering the thread, since I'd prefer to keep a vote because of a general 30-page opinion, rather than hopping back and forward after each and every post.

4. Can you give reasons for your Lateralus vote?
My Lateralus vote was caused by mistaking Newbishness for Scummishnesh. Lateralus came across as massively scummy, simply because I haven't had much experience with newbies. After playing in a few other games (both with and without Lateralus), I've noticed that both he, and other newbies, play in a similar way, and so Lateralus has slowly been sliding down my Scumlist.

So, now what...?
gorckat
gorckat
Mafia Scum
gorckat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:09 am

Post by gorckat »

1. Like flea, I expected individual prods, then a group prod (deadline) to get things going. I know, based on Sefer's extending last time, that if the game picks up, we can have the time we need.
2. Nuetral/Suspect. His hammer seemed oblivious to the fact that it was lynch; earlier he'd said being careful with votes was pro-town. Assuming lat's clearing xombie is legit (which I think it is), he's moved up a place or two on my list.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:25 pm

Post by Thesp »

My apologies for my absence here - I just want to get a quick word in saying I'm back after Thespival. I'll catch up tomorrow.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:06 am

Post by Aimee »

I'm going to post my analysis tomorrow. Would be grateful if by then people would answer my questions.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”