Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4251 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:10 am

Post by Kitz »

Hmm, let's do a compromise.
The lynch is leaded and followed with by the most towny person.
If that player we all decide is the most towny decides a lynch, we'll follow.
Obviously we can't think of ourselves as towny.

The most towny out of the whole bunch is Wolf in my opinion.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4252 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Or can all come to our own decision?
I'd rather not put the burden of responsibility for choosing a lynch on one person's shoulders and excusing everyone from making their own decisions makes it way easier for scum to sit on a wagon without standing out.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4253 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:13 am

Post by Aeronaut »

I don't really see that absolving himself of the lynch.

Like I kind of feel like we all had that sort of feeling lynching Abr. Not that he was necessarily town, but that even if he was who the fuck cares because he was screwing us over.

@Cheetory I'll find specific posts when I get home today.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4254 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:14 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Kits you did not answer my question.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #4255 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Like, you think my vote on FA was bad, does that mean you think I'm scum or what?
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4256 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:21 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 4254, Aeronaut wrote:Kits you did not answer my question.

Which one? Slow brained atm.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4257 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:22 am

Post by SilverWolf »

If I feel better I'll case Wake and FA and post it but my feverish mind and nauseated gut tells me it may not be today.

-Here's what I remember: Wake outed mathblade as a vengeful townie even though she was trying to make it look like she was BP who had to be lynched-she died that night as a vengeful townie, he refused to vote except to suddenly hammer VF out of nowhere, he complained about the length of the game and refused to read, got very angry with me for asking for reads and refused to do it saying it wouldn't be good enough and when I tried to calm him down, he called me scum. Marquis hasn't been scummy but the vote hoping and reasons is weird. Wake's replace out isn't really scummy either.

-FA has those pisskop associations and has been UTR most of the game until recently, recently he's looked fairly townie, his lynch would tell me a bit about Marquis and those opposing or pushing his lynch-that's about all I got on FA which isn't much-it's a compromise lynch

I am not interested in lynching anyone else today because we need a flip, they are both good lynches, and a NL would be worse than a mislynch.

If this doesn't make sense, blame the fever or me being tired and unable to sleep cuz I wanna puke, yeah staring at this screen doesn't help either.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4258 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Aeronaut »

@Cheetory For the vote, no. I'm weary of your constant ATE and your weird TSO push.

So yea, you have a slight scum read right now.

I think GM is right though, I need to update my reads list. Looking back at that a lot of those have changed.
2023 W/L | 1-0
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4259 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:00 am

Post by goodmorning »

In post 4252, Cheetory6 wrote:Or can all come to our own decision?
I'd rather not put the burden of responsibility for choosing a lynch on one person's shoulders and excusing everyone from making their own decisions makes it way easier for scum to sit on a wagon without standing out.

Correct.

I need sleep. My vote is staying where it is unless a dragon wagon appears.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4260 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Shinobi »

I'm around.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4261 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:47 am

Post by Marquis »

VOTE: FA_Q2

i want this so bad now

sorting out my list when i get on a computer
link in bio
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4262 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:08 am

Post by Shinobi »

I'm gonna be honest: I don't really care who I lynch right now.

I just want to lynch somebody.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4263 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:12 am

Post by dragonspawn »

Are we at L1 for FA now?
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4264 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:18 am

Post by Kitz »

In post 4263, dragonspawn wrote:Are we at L1 for FA now?

#Mod Requesting VC.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4265 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:23 am

Post by ika »

vcFA_Q2: T S O, Goodmorning, Nobody Special, Cheetory6, Marquis [L-2]
Marquis: FA_Q2, Silverwolf, dragonspawn, Aeronaut [L-3]
Cheetory6: Ozgin

13, 7 to lynch

(expired on 2015-03-26 00:00:00)
Kitz
Kitz
Goon
Kitz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4266 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:48 am

Post by Kitz »

Marquis' Opinion Changes are just startling and overall behavior.
VOTE: Marquis

L-2 Tie / FA & MQ.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4267 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:08 am

Post by T S O »

In post 4251, Kitz wrote:Hmm, let's do a compromise.

This game has seen incredibly bad ideas, including people fakeclaiming multiple times - this idea is right up there with them on a scale of "We should never ever do this. Ever."
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4268 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:45 am

Post by Marquis »

but tso you know that's how a lot of other sites play mafia (lol smogon)

yeah it still sucks but unfortunately it's the Only Way to Play elsewhere

also i'm sick and tired of you guys characterizing them as "opinion changes".

i'm never sure of my reads (especially when i'm replacing into a huge game, the majority of which i'm not up-to-date on) and just because i'm second guessing a read on the basis that i might not have enough information or that i might have been selectively reading to skew my read does not mean you can characterize my doubts as anything close to read reversals.

all of my votes and unvotes have been me trying to take into account the strength of my read, the opportunity cost should i be wrong and that player be town, and trying to jump around and just get more to work with here. i work best in real time and i can say with certainty that most of my reads have developed more than they would have if i hadn't had the chance to bounce them around and get ideas.

town

Marquis
Cheetory6 (i like where he stands on the gamestate; it resonates)
SilverWolf (mostly just gut. hard to explain but there's a certain openness to her thoughts and contributions which even on its own is good enough for me)
Ozgin (effort =/= town, but the perspective seems more openly town)

leantown, relatively new reads. not that reliable, but here because i don't want them in the lynchpool at the moment

T S O (really liked his post about breaking the game open with a scumlynch. my read on him earlier has been jumping back and forth between "i'm seeing a few things i don't like and he's a really strong scumplayer so if he flipped scum it'd be pretty great for town" and "if he's town lynching him would really hurt town", but i'm settling on a slightly hesitant townread here)

i need help here

elusive
(what does refer to? is this the vig claim that's causing the setup spec vigtalk?)

may be town or scum, either way not worth lynching

Shinobi (i just want to lynch someone too)
Goodmorning (if you're scum good job buddying me, but i like you anyway so whatever)

????????????????????? i dunno

Nobody Special (it's NS. duh.)
Kitz (about a month ago I would have said leantown, but I'm trying to cut down on how much I give bad ideas a pass under "too scum to be scum". this doesn't quite fall under that since I think a lot of what she's said has been new-ish rather than outright scummy, but I don't think I'll be able to commit to anything here in good conscience without a lynch for associatives.)

leanscum. none of these are particularly strong, but this is more of a PoE lynchpool

Aeronaut (opportunistic)
dragonspawn (shallow and unhelpful)
FA_Q2 (the pisskop associative case still stands. earlier i was having second thoughts due to his vt claim, but i've realized this lynch definitely needs to happen unless he gives a great answer as to why he claimed the way he did)

ika, Boonskiies is dead, but was still in the "alive" first post list, jsyk <3
link in bio
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4269 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 4249, T S O wrote:
In post 4237, T S O wrote:
In post 3647, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 3428, goodmorning wrote:Well, I'm not going to share it because if I'm right there's a very good reason not to share it and if I'm wrong it'll make me look stupid, which is not conducive to the ego I'm trying to build up here.

IOW, more useless shit.

You are worthless math and you do need t be lynched but ABR comes first here:

VOTE: ABR

THIS PLACES HIM AT L-1

Town is fucked this game with all the crap play and constantly getting our PR's killed. Math and ABR have essentially destroyed any chance that we have to actually scum hunt.

This is him absolving himself of responsibility for the ABR lynch, and makes me feel he knew ABR was going to flip town.

This post is really bad.

It was not bad - it was fact. ABR, if he still persisted in this game, would be bringing it down and suspicion would have never left him. Nothing that he claimed at any time would have been trustworthy. Hell, he hammered himself and never revealed his actual PR results (a violation of the general rule of thumb that you must play to your win condition) and you are claiming that me calling his ass out for the damage it did is bad. There was ZERO scum hunting going on with math/ABR taking over the entire conversation. He needed to go, period.

Whatever TSO.
elusive
elusive
Mafia Scum
elusive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4270 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:23 pm

Post by elusive »

No he didn't need to go. TOwn killing town is bs. I don't care if a town player just posts some LSD induced crap, if town really thinks its that bad they ask the Mod for replace they don't go on a fucking town killing parade.

If you suspected even a tiny bit that he was town or as it were pretty clear you shouldn't have voted him. There are other ways to shut up town players who are being unstable as fuck but killing them is pointless.

Marquis, the level of analysis on this site is actually sub par overall as compared to other sites where by force of peer pressure even the dumbbells at least attempt it if only to look as if they have wit.

I hate that FA2 has started to look town now. Why now? Why not a hundred pages ago?

TSO seems town for reasons but I need to see TSO flip to figure that one out. His and cheetory's Break Up & Make Up seemed artificial, not sure if all of its was staged or one person involved as artificially being fake. Do not care for cheetory's "Oh no I'm melting, I'm melting, What a Wicked world" feeling.
Ozgin
Ozgin
Goon
Ozgin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4271 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:03 pm

Post by Ozgin »

In post 4251, Kitz wrote:Hmm, let's do a compromise.

Really? While I think SilverWolf is town definitely, I also think elusive is really town (a little moreso than SilverWolf). Even so, I don't think it makes sense to let one person decide - The whole town mechanic works on town people making themselves look like town and seeing others who look like town, and the town as a unit generates votes based on who doesn't "fit in," I.E. Scum.

UNVOTE:

I guess my Cheetory vote is silly, and I
guess
he kinda reconciled his outburst, but I still didn't care for it. I also don't care for either wagon right now. Ugh, I feel like I'm walking on eggshells because looking at all the bad possibilities that would follow a mislynch is sobering.

I need to compose a readlist, but I'm so bad at them/afraid they'll make me look like an idiot (I feel really dumb when I build scum cases because I'm never sure of anything I do).

On a semi-related note, I'm starting to question the accuracy of my own analyses, because my math was kinda off (which is why I should have shown all the math I was doing in my head -- for clarity), but it's still
somewhat
accurate.
If I'm modding your game, I'm sorry in advance. <3
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4272 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by T S O »

"TSO is town, but I'd like him to flip." Oh, yes, fantastic idea.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4273 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:09 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 4269, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 4249, T S O wrote:
In post 4237, T S O wrote:
In post 3647, FA_Q2 wrote:
In post 3428, goodmorning wrote:Well, I'm not going to share it because if I'm right there's a very good reason not to share it and if I'm wrong it'll make me look stupid, which is not conducive to the ego I'm trying to build up here.

IOW, more useless shit.

You are worthless math and you do need t be lynched but ABR comes first here:

VOTE: ABR

THIS PLACES HIM AT L-1

Town is fucked this game with all the crap play and constantly getting our PR's killed. Math and ABR have essentially destroyed any chance that we have to actually scum hunt.

This is him absolving himself of responsibility for the ABR lynch, and makes me feel he knew ABR was going to flip town.

This post is really bad.

It was not bad - it was fact. ABR, if he still persisted in this game, would be bringing it down and suspicion would have never left him. Nothing that he claimed at any time would have been trustworthy. Hell, he hammered himself and never revealed his actual PR results (a violation of the general rule of thumb that you must play to your win condition) and you are claiming that me calling his ass out for the damage it did is bad. There was ZERO scum hunting going on with math/ABR taking over the entire conversation. He needed to go, period.

Whatever TSO.

Sorry, it's not my fault I'm getting scum lynched today.

Actually, it really is, but let's not discuss that right now.
-Marquis
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4274 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by ika »

HEY! LISTEN!

props to anyone who gets the refrence
Last edited by ika on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”