Open 589: Duck Duck Goose (Game Over: Somebody Won)

talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:14 pm

Post by talah »

In post 573, davesaz wrote:
In post 570, talah wrote:So your answer is that you didn't get around to answering, and scumread you for that if I will?

odd stop wasting my time and post next when you've read and actually have an answer. Or, ignore it and reassess your reads and come back with something which either reinforces your current vote or indicates who you might vote for at deadline, if you don't have time to actually scumhunt or provide content which might make you more readable.

Note that I'm voting you, and you're the leading wagon.

I'm having a really hard time figuring this out. If I take this at face value, you're voting the leading wagon because that player townread me, and then wouldn't answer why? Really?

I don't understand what you're asking. I'm voting oddmusic because I think he's scum.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:18 pm

Post by davesaz »

And you're scumreading him because...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:19 pm

Post by talah »

Because read the thread.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Post by davesaz »

So, you dont have to answer questions?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:27 pm

Post by talah »

Not questions which have already been explained when you're clearly not reading. No.

It's like if I said "davesaz, why aren't you voting honey bee?"

The question's stupid by virtue of taking into account nothing that's happened.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Post by talah »

I'm sorry if that came across as me saying that you are stupid, my intent was to underline that the question seems to be able to be answered by putting in the effort to iso me.

I was trying to focus on the question / argument but I feel that I've insulted the whole thread by introducing a derogatory term.

Sorry davesaz.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:46 am

Post by ploben »

dave & odd

Why do you feel the need to stall the game at the end of the day by either asking questions already answered (but you not reading the game or wanting your particular answer spoon fed to you) or writting huge posts explaining why you didn't answer a previous question instead of just answering the question?

If we needed half population + 1 to lynch this would look so much worse for two, especially Dave, who is still wasting a vote on a replaced player and keeps promising some sort of clarity. Odd, you're at least on who I think is scum today but your play really worries me if you happen to be around for future days. I'm going to have to re-read what happened over night (in my time zone) after my 2nd cup of coffee but the first 3 paragraphs of this late in the day might push you to the front of my lynch list.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:48 am

Post by Taly »

>>> Update RL Post

I'm a bit busy this morning, and I have Sophomore High School classes to attend to today...

But this is my last day of school before Spring Break, then I'll have 9 days completely free, and able to help out more! :)

I will expand on this later but:
Talah
: Unsure about Talahs post, but I agree with her and Odd about taking a look at Greys alignment.
Odd
: I've skimmed his answers, and I'm going to ponder about them - a post will come out very soon about it.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:30 am

Post by Honey bee »

unpack your odd read too, because it feels kinda exaggerated and I don't really buy that's more applicable to odd than vett.
Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:55 am

Post by Storyteller »

Vote Count 1.17With 12 alive it's 7 votes to Lynch.

Voting for:

Netherspite (0):
davesaz (0):
talah (0):
Honey bee (0):
GreyICE(0):
Pisskop(1): davesaz
vettrock (3): Honey bee, GreyICE, Netherspite
Kaboose (2): oddmusic, ploben
oddmusic (4): ChriVi, Pisskop, Talah, Taly

ploben (0):
ChriVi (0):
Taly (0):

If deadline is reached without any changes to the votes,
oddmusic
would be lynched.

Not voting (2): vettrock, Kaboose

Deadline is March 22nd, 0600 UTC or in (expired on 2015-03-22 06:00:00)
Last edited by Storyteller on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storyteller
Storyteller
Goon
Storyteller
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:57 am

Post by Storyteller »

A reminder that any vote cast after the deadline will not be counted. Whichever player has the most votes at deadline will be lynched.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 527, vettrock wrote:I can see where
dave
and
GREYICE
are coming from with Taly. It is often a good strategy as scum to post a lot of wordy posts to give the appearance of scum hunting. Given that it is his first game, I'm not sure that is what he is doing, but he seems to have more knowledge of the dynamics of the game than most newbies.

I also see and agree with the whiteknighting that
Nethersprite
seems to be doing with Taly. I think it would be too obvious to be doing to your scum partner, so I would say at least one of the two is town, but I can see one scum possibly in there.

I'm still thinking town for Kaboose, just because the reasoning behind the wagon seemed weak (along with the other two previous wagons)

I'm bacpedaling on Honey Bee as my reasoning was flawed because I didn't go back far enough to see her posts on Kaboose, so it seemed more out of place that it actually was.

I mean this is the most go with the flow thing ever, not only echoing things said in the thread, but redacting his read on me even though he shifted it to me being opportunistic scum reading him. After I put a vote on him and accused him of misrepping me, he forgets about this and excuses his unvote for being wrong about his original reason in order to avoid backtracking through that.

Odd continues to look just like a noob and although his content isn't particularly engaging to me, I can tell he has individual thoughts as well (ex 511's commentary and following posts are eager to sort an argument hardly touched yet). A lot of the "useless content" and "fake readslist" are softer on noobs who don't know what to pick up on but feel obligated to provide content anyways. So I can't really support a wagon that could be applied to other noobs (even in this game) without much success on hitting scum.

So yeah let's vote vett.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:32 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 586, Honey bee wrote:
In post 527, vettrock wrote:I can see where
dave
and
GREYICE
are coming from with Taly. It is often a good strategy as scum to post a lot of wordy posts to give the appearance of scum hunting. Given that it is his first game, I'm not sure that is what he is doing, but he seems to have more knowledge of the dynamics of the game than most newbies.

I also see and agree with the whiteknighting that
Nethersprite
seems to be doing with Taly. I think it would be too obvious to be doing to your scum partner, so I would say at least one of the two is town, but I can see one scum possibly in there.

I'm still thinking town for Kaboose, just because the reasoning behind the wagon seemed weak (along with the other two previous wagons)

I'm bacpedaling on Honey Bee as my reasoning was flawed because I didn't go back far enough to see her posts on Kaboose, so it seemed more out of place that it actually was.

I mean this is the most go with the flow thing ever, not only echoing things said in the thread, but redacting his read on me even though he shifted it to me being opportunistic scum reading him. After I put a vote on him and accused him of misrepping me, he forgets about this and excuses his unvote for being wrong about his original reason in order to avoid backtracking through that.

Odd continues to look just like a noob and although his content isn't particularly engaging to me, I can tell he has individual thoughts as well (ex 511's commentary and following posts are eager to sort an argument hardly touched yet). A lot of the "useless content" and "fake readslist" are softer on noobs who don't know what to pick up on but feel obligated to provide content anyways. So I can't really support a wagon that could be applied to other noobs (even in this game) without much success on hitting scum.

So yeah let's vote vett.

I fully admit that I backtracked on my vote on you and that my reasoning was not good mostly for not going back into the thread, or looking at your ISO. After doing that I removed my vote.

The purpose of anything we put in this thread is to convince others to see things from our perspective, so that fact that I am agreeing with some things that other people have said I don't think is particularly damning.

I'd like to vote Nether at this point, but as he has no votes, that wouldn't do anything. I don't like GreyICE either. While there is a little bit of OMGUS in that, look at his reasons for calling me scum. "Because he just says so." Of Odd and Kaboose, I'll have to go with Oddmusic more because I think Kaboose is more likely to be town rather than because Odd is overly scummy.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:03 am

Post by Honey bee »

Then why did you attack me for this?
In post 468, vettrock wrote:Pisskop is voting against me due to me being non-committal. This is a legitimate concern. Honey Bee then says that she was considering jumping on my wagon as well. I consider that comment by Honey Bee to be either opportunistic or sheep. My vote is staying there for now.

Even if I was sheeping or just joining on, how is that not applicable to your nether read just now?

And explain your reads a bit more. It's really unclear to me what you value as scummy and don't. You think theres scum between taly and nether, but you think taly is less scummy than kaboose (552 ???). and you're interested in the oddmusic wagon, is there a reason for odd over kaboose other than odd is the bigger wagon?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:14 am

Post by Netherspite »

@vettrock

Your reads seem to be a complete mess.
Now you like to vote me? And
Kaboose
is now more likely to be town despite you called him scummier than
Taly
? And
Taly
is the same chance scum as me?
I'd like you to post the complete list of reads. May be it will at least make it more clear to yourself and you will stop jumping from one stance to another in a matter of two posts.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Honey bee »

oh, and you linked ploben to the whiteknighting thing as well.

Why are you reading nether as scum then? is ploben as scummy as nether? Why are you scumreading someone for not explaining your reads when I feel like I have to be a mind reader to figure out yours?
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:18 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 590, Honey bee wrote:oh, and you linked ploben to the whiteknighting thing as well.

Why are you reading nether as scum then? is ploben as scummy as nether? Why are you scumreading someone for not explaining
their
reads when I feel like I have to be a mind reader to figure out yours?

edit by double posting.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:16 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 529, talah wrote:Ehhhh... I'm prod-dodging.

If the oddmusic wagon gets bigger than the Kaboose wagon I'll likely switch.

Besides, I'm looking forward to talking it out.

Welcome Grey. I wanted to play with Kuribo for ages but I guess you'll just have to do.
I've read a few of your games too but I'm sure you don't want piss in your pocket.

Should be back on board within about 24h. I haven't checked the deadline but am hoping we've got a few days...

In post 531, talah wrote:VOTE: oddmusic

Now the oddmusic wagon is bigger. Lovely.

In post 534, talah wrote:Whichever I vote is bigger right now. And I like odd for scum better thank Kaboose partially because I was unsure about him (but thought he was a good candidate) when I voted him, and then the dave and nether show turned up to "assist" with thin reasoning off the back of it.

oddmusic I've been wary of for a bit and he owes me the answer to a question. Also I'm liking ChriVi and ploben for town.

vettrock - egh maybe. I have him in the null possibly dubious pile along with netherspite.

I feel like oddmusic's a better offering for lynch overall given 2 days to go.

In post 538, talah wrote:No, because of his fake readslist and ignoring my question. Among other things.

I could be wrong. We'll see how it goes but I'm not sitting around doing nothing at this stage.

In post 570, talah wrote:So your answer is that you didn't get around to answering, and scumread you for that if I will?

odd stop wasting my time and post next when you've read and actually have an answer. Or, ignore it and reassess your reads and come back with something which either reinforces your current vote or indicates who you might vote for at deadline, if you don't have time to actually scumhunt or provide content which might make you more readable.

I'm having a really hard time figuring this out. If I take this at face value, you're voting the leading wagon because that player townread me, and then wouldn't answer why? Really?

In post 575, talah wrote:

I don't understand what you're asking. I'm voting oddmusic because I think he's scum.

In post 576, davesaz wrote:And you're scumreading him because...

In post 577, talah wrote:Because read the thread.

Bullshit. I am reading the thread, and you're voting oddmusic solely because he's the leading wagon and didn't answer your question.

VOTE: talah
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:22 am

Post by Kaboose »

My 544 expressed an interest in Talah shifting like that. They seem to enjoy the flavor of the day for lynches.

VOTE: Talah
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:29 am

Post by ploben »

In post 593, Kaboose wrote:My 544 expressed an interest in Talah shifting like that. They seem to enjoy the flavor of the day for lynches.

VOTE: Talah

If you were suspicious of talah 24 hours ago why didn't you drop a vote on her then? Why did you wait for someone else to place the first vote before you placed your vote on talah?
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon
Location: Usually C minor or A minor with some F major mixed in

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:25 am

Post by oddmusic »

All I really want to deal with from Talah's last post. So I'll get to the rest later.

In post 574, talah wrote:
Agree that GreyICE needs a look but am not sure of his alignment. So it's not really an option in any case since the wagon isn't happening. Not sure why you mention this.

Partially because this was a "if I'm lynched" sort of readslist. So I gave my feelings about a scumteam and one alternate. You'll I talked about this:

In post 571, oddmusic wrote:If one of the above isn't scum, I'd probably want to take a look at GreyICE.

"If one of the above isn't scum" implies a flip.
Strange chords are playing in the wind

I once thought the above pretentious drivel was a good idea for a signature.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:29 am

Post by oddmusic »

In post 581, ploben wrote:dave & odd
Why do you feel the need to stall the game at the end of the day by either asking questions already answered (but you not reading the game or wanting your particular answer spoon fed to you) or writting huge posts explaining why you didn't answer a previous question instead of just answering the question?

Because talah kept on asking me, and because I didn't have an answer, because it was a week ago. But you're right, it's stalling the game. So I'm not talking about it anymore.

oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:35 am

Post by oddmusic »

Alright, let's deal with this crap.

In post 574, talah wrote:
In post 571, oddmusic wrote:I'm very tired now, so I'm going to try to control this.

Please don't try to pretend you're angry at me. If you're angry it's because you're not caught up and are feigning frustration.

No if I was angry with you last night it's because it was 12:30 in the morning and you were insisting I keep talking about something I really didn't feel like talking about.

In post 571, oddmusic wrote:
You asked for my answer. I gave it to you, to the best of my ability. There is, contrary to what you said in there, a more detailed read of the vettrock post than I initially gave. A very detailed read? No but the most detailed I'm going to give because I honestly don't care about that post anymore. If you had bothered to read any more than the first and last sentences of the my post, you might have noticed that.

We're talking about davesaz not vettrock. I read your entire post which you conveniently relinked for me two posts later after fucking up the link initially - which was supposed to be a link to your last post. In between I'd posted once. So thanks for the link, I probably couldn't have found what you'd just said otherwise.
To sum up, you said that dave struck you as stream of consciousness (but you'd forgotten the context) and that dave may not have laid a vote because he thought there might have been better lynches.

None of this answers my question about what you think about a player coming in out of nowhere after two days to throw support on Kaboose's wagon immediately after I voted him.
It shows me nothing of what you're thinking, you basically have no opinion except explaining your own actions.

Can you control your fake-rage and tell me what all the confusion is about?[/quote]

Fair enough. But players "coming out of nowhere" can sometimes come to surprising conclusions. Dave hadn't been involved in the game during the weekend.

Also it was a crap read on my part and I'm tired of defending it.

In post 571, oddmusic wrote:
I am well aware that you are voting me. It would be hard to miss. I am well aware that I am the leading wagon. Contrary to what you seem to believe, I am not a complete moron. The reason I stated that you could scumread me for it if you wanted was that I don't think I'm going to change your mind regardless. So your vote's not going anywhere.

Knowing nothing about me you assume my vote's not going anywhere? I'm a part of town and if others whom I think are town find a wagon which is not you a better chance for scum, I'll switch to secure a lynch. I might even compromise on someone I have a slight scumread on if I can't get a lynch on my stronger scumreads Day 1.

That's a really weak aspect and very much an attempt to appeal to emotion.[/quote]

No, I'm fairly certain you've got your mind made up about me. Maybe I'm wrong but I doubt it. I have no doubt you'd compromise on somebody, but at this stage of the Day, with me being the leading wagon, seems unlikely. So no, I'm not going to spend too much time trying to convince you to move your vote.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:41 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 581, ploben wrote:
dave & odd

I think my talah post answers this, right? But if it doesn't please feel free to ask a follow up.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:46 am

Post by davesaz »

I would consider Kaboose. Don't want to lynch vettrock given my concerns about GreyICE and really suspicious of both taly and talah on oddmusic's wagon.

Return to “Completed Open Games”