Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

As I thought, you have been very reactive. I don't see much critical thinking or questioning from you.
Can you give me commentary/reads on someone other than yourself and Slandarr please?
In post 154, kelbris wrote:Haven't got much to say at the moment, however after reading through Slandaar's latest posts, I am adamant that he is one of the scum. Also, just a quick comment, quite surprised there were not more posts made while I was asleep, in my other games there were quite a few made which is why I made the timezone comment in the first place-seemed like everyone was online when I was not.
Also, this post here. Please elaborate on what it was in Slandarr's posts that led you to fully scumread him in your reread. You really haven't had much in the way of reasoning for this vote.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by vikingfan »

In post 178, Aristophanes wrote:Riblet & Slandarr
You seem to be arguing back and forth, walling at each other, rather than reading the rest of the game.
It's boring and I'm not getting much out of it except that you are perfectly happy to nitpick every line of each other's posts.
Would you both, in a short post, tell the class what you've found out in doing this and promptly come back to the real world?
I appreciate your passions, but it's really not doing us much good right now from what I can see.
If you can summarize your findings, I may be persuaded to vote with one of you.

@Viking
So, it was a statement that said what?
Can you tell me again what he had done that was scummy and why you thought it worth a scumread and a vote, but not worth a lynch?

Not sure why you're asking me the same question over again but again, I thought it suspicious he did a naked vote, then when challenged, he left. It was fishy to me so I figured it was worth a vote to state as much but obviously I wanted to give his replacement a fair chance. And others didn't like Flames' play either, as you will see by the thread.

Kelbris, your anecdotal point is nice but since you're the one making it, it doesn't carry as much weight with me. THe point being, early VT claiming is always a bad play. Even if you're a cop (where announcing it might be SOMEWHAT plausible so as to gain night protection with the assumption a doc is in the game) is still a bad play.

and UNVOTE: now that I'm back in front of a computer.

I need to take a closer look at this game this weekend no later than Saturday. The massive amount of replacements is making it hard for me to keep track of who said what and replaced who and I need a good reread. In the meantime, the whole riblet/slandaar fighting thing doesn't carry much water for me and I'm glad it's ended so it's not cluttering up the game.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Read page 7.

In post 154, kelbris wrote:Haven't got much to say at the moment, however after reading through Slandaar's latest posts, I am adamant that he is one of the scum. Also, just a quick comment, quite surprised there were not more posts made while I was asleep, in my other games there were quite a few made which is why I made the timezone comment in the first place-seemed like everyone was online when I was not.

This feels like a lazy scum post.

In post 171, Riblet wrote:
In post 169, Slandaar wrote:Then we have Riblet contradicting himself about what is a content post, I posted a vote and this is avoiding posting content, he posts a vote and it's a content post. These two stances can't coexist.

:roll:

You roll your eyes as if Slandaar's point here is ridiculous. But I see no issue with it. Can you please explain how he is wrong?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Post by kelbris »

gladly, the game thread is http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60432 and the user that claimed is Fakegod, he claimed the protagonist in a game where alignment is tied to flavour. Therefore meaning he was of the town alignment despite my misgivings about it. At the moment, my reads on the other players are as follows:

Massive: town, after reading his posts I can see nothing that makes me suspect that he is scum.
havingfitz: null, at this point in the game I have seen nothing to sway me either way
wickedestjr: town, his posts do not seem scummy and he actually explained why I should not claim so early, advice which I will take to heart from now on
Cheetory6/Aristophanes: leaning towards scum, the claim that me and randomidget (RM was what we caleld him in my newbie game btw) "easy targets" does not seem like something a town-oriented player would do, then again of course that does not necessarily mean that they are scum
vikingfan: null at this point
fa_q2: null, unsure at this point in time
Hodor Hodor/OkaPoka: null, was waiting to see what Hodor Hodor's "out of game reasons" were, but since he replaced I guess we will never know, OkaPoka's posts also do not give me an idea is to whether the slot is town or scum
burn_209: null, nothing he has said has made me sway either way
Slandaar: As well as what I have said earlier, after re-reading his ISO again I have also figured out that he seems strangely eager to lynch Riblet and saying blatant lies to try to convince others to do so as well. For instance, he claims that Riblet was trying to psychologically influence Massive into voting for Slandaar. After reading Riblet's ISO I have seen NO EVIDENCE of such a thing, just because someone votes "late in the game" does NOT mean that they voted only because someone else said something. Slandaar also said that Riblet's ISO (up until post #176 at least) contained no content, when I looked in Riblet's ISO, I found LOTS of content, seems to me like Slandaar only added parts of the ISO that would help his case, further cementing him as a scum in my book.
flames of disaster/Saul: whilst I don't like Flames's 2-post + replace out ISO, Saul has made up for it, therefore I believe he is town
randomidget: null, nothing strikes me as specifically town or scum
riblet: at this point in time I see him as town, after reading his ISO it seems more like a town ISO then a scum one, especially if we take into account Slandaar's LIES about this particular ISO
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:06 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 203, kelbris wrote:gladly, the game thread is http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=60432 and the user that claimed is Fakegod, he claimed the protagonist in a game where alignment is tied to flavour. Therefore meaning he was of the town alignment despite my misgivings about it. At the moment, my reads on the other players are as follows:

Massive: town, after reading his posts I can see nothing that makes me suspect that he is scum.
havingfitz: null, at this point in the game I have seen nothing to sway me either way
wickedestjr: town, his posts do not seem scummy and he actually explained why I should not claim so early, advice which I will take to heart from now on
Cheetory6/Aristophanes: leaning towards scum, the claim that me and randomidget (RM was what we caleld him in my newbie game btw) "easy targets" does not seem like something a town-oriented player would do, then again of course that does not necessarily mean that they are scum
vikingfan: null at this point
fa_q2: null, unsure at this point in time
Hodor Hodor/OkaPoka: null, was waiting to see what Hodor Hodor's "out of game reasons" were, but since he replaced I guess we will never know, OkaPoka's posts also do not give me an idea is to whether the slot is town or scum
burn_209: null, nothing he has said has made me sway either way
Slandaar: As well as what I have said earlier, after re-reading his ISO again I have also figured out that he seems strangely eager to lynch Riblet and saying blatant lies to try to convince others to do so as well. For instance, he claims that Riblet was trying to psychologically influence Massive into voting for Slandaar. After reading Riblet's ISO I have seen NO EVIDENCE of such a thing, just because someone votes "late in the game" does NOT mean that they voted only because someone else said something. Slandaar also said that Riblet's ISO (up until post #176 at least) contained no content, when I looked in Riblet's ISO, I found LOTS of content, seems to me like Slandaar only added parts of the ISO that would help his case, further cementing him as a scum in my book.
flames of disaster/Saul: whilst I don't like Flames's 2-post + replace out ISO, Saul has made up for it, therefore I believe he is town
randomidget: null, nothing strikes me as specifically town or scum
riblet: at this point in time I see him as town, after reading his ISO it seems more like a town ISO then a scum one, especially if we take into account Slandaar's LIES about this particular ISO

difference is that

He is CC'able. Therefore CONFIRMING his role.
We can't do that with you.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Caught up.

Vikingfan
, why would Flames, as scum, cast a vote that he couldn’t justify?

Riblet
, why would Slandaar, an experienced player, steal the inexperienced player’s excuse in order to lurk? That is 100% ridiculous - it was obvious he was imitating before he even said that he was imitating. I thought we were done with this discussion when Cheetory finally conceded. BTW, the ‘illness’ is probably true even if he's mafia.

In post 189, burn_209 wrote:Kelbris is way to defensive for my liking. However I dont think he is scum I just think he is dumb and again in my experience dumb =/= scum.

Careful here. Inexperience is not a town tell, it is a player trait that exists before role pms are sent out.
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

There are four players that I have decently-strong reads on right now. Ignoring everyone else for the time being.

havingfitz - Town - Seems to genuinely care about scum hunting. Play also feels different from last time we played together where he was scum.
Aristophanes - Town - Not for his play but for his predecessor's play. He seems okay so far, but Cheetory's last few posts really felt townish.
kelbris - Scum - I am always hesitant to scum read inexperienced players, but I still suspect him. He seems too cautious and his Slandaar vote is weird.
Riblet - Town - His argument for Slandaarscum is horrible (even if Slandaar is scum), but it feels like he legitimately believes in it.
-Wickedestjr
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Post by kelbris »

@wickedestjr did you read my reads section of my last post? I explained in a bit of detail as to why I voted for Slandaar and why I suspect he is scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:03 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 203, kelbris wrote:Slandaar: As well as what I have said earlier, after re-reading his ISO again I have also figured out that he seems strangely eager to lynch Riblet and saying blatant lies to try to convince others to do so as well. For instance, he claims that Riblet was trying to psychologically influence Massive into voting for Slandaar. After reading Riblet's ISO I have seen NO EVIDENCE of such a thing, just because someone votes "late in the game" does NOT mean that they voted only because someone else said something. Slandaar also said that Riblet's ISO (up until post #176 at least) contained no content, when I looked in Riblet's ISO, I found LOTS of content, seems to me like Slandaar only added parts of the ISO that would help his case, further cementing him as a scum in my book.

Kelbris your post amused me greatly so thank you.
In post 203, kelbris wrote:
just because someone votes "late in the game" does NOT mean that they voted only because someone else said something

Uh yes it does in this case.
In post 42, Riblet wrote:
In post 40, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 20, Cheetory6 wrote:Kelbris feels more like new player explaining everything he does.
Not getting same vibes from Slandaar.

Cause he's not a newb

In post 45, Riblet wrote:
In post 12, havingfitz wrote:Any alts in this game?

Forgot this, I'm an alt but not telling anyone who I am

In post 49, Riblet wrote:
In post 46, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 45, Riblet wrote:
In post 12, havingfitz wrote:Any alts in this game?

Forgot this, I'm an alt but not telling anyone who I am

hey we can be secret alt friends

Sure. Do you know how to make a fribble?

In post 63, Riblet wrote:Sure

vote: slandaar

In post 35, Riblet wrote:
In post 12, havingfitz wrote:I just watched the Feb 28th SNL episode this morning...Vote Riblet

WTF? :lol

You saw how awesome I am and still voted me? Wtf is right.

I didn't post inbetween any of this. It is very evident he could have voted me in the first post if he actually found my 'intro' suspicious. He delayed the vote quite a lot. The question is why did he vote? and you have my answer. Either way it's no lie it is an opinion.
In post 203, kelbris wrote:
Slandaar also said that Riblet's ISO (up until post #176 at least) contained no content

You are the one lying here.

I said up till where I got ill ie 30 hours (30 hours is what I said).
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:05 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 203, kelbris wrote:riblet: at this point in time I see him as town, after reading his ISO it seems more like a town ISO then a scum one, especially if we take into account Slandaar's LIES about this particular ISO

:]

Riblet has a guardian angel it seems.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:29 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 194, Aristophanes wrote:Slandarr, as I said, I believe you to have been sick, as I believe people are truthful with V/LAs and other IRL things.
Is this really the only reason you have, after all this, to convince me Riblet is scum? That's a pretty weak case.

What do you mean is that the only reason? I posted a bunch of stuff.

That reason is really strong so I highlighted it. Do you actually believe Riblet scumreads every single player who is prodded because 'they lied about why they didn't post'?

And yes, it applies to every single player who doesn't post for 48 hours as there is no reason not to believe. Either way if I said I was busy, is that scummy? uh no. Not posting for 1 day isn't scummy. It's basically the only argument he can make though as he messed up his read.

Don't buy it. Lynch him.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Also Riblet should know better than to think I post my first post (the imitation) in a serious vain. There is zero chance he as town believes I posted that as an excuse to lurk.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:48 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 203, kelbris wrote:Massive: town, after reading his posts I can see nothing that makes me suspect that he is scum.

Massive read is odd. Kelbris doesn't apply the same logic to Fitz (and other null players or vice versa - Massive read should be null)
Riblet
Riblet
Goon
Riblet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:35 am

Post by Riblet »

In post 205, Wickedestjr wrote:Riblet, why would Slandaar, an experienced player, steal the inexperienced player’s excuse in order to lurk? That is 100% ridiculous - it was obvious he was imitating before he even said that he was imitating. I thought we were done with this discussion when Cheetory finally conceded. BTW, the ‘illness’ is probably true even if he's mafia.

cause he thought he could get away with it? he thought people would just write him off? Being good at scum requires a lot of manipulation, and I have seen plenty of cringe worthy things that scum have done in order to win so I don't easily write things off like most people do
It's Riblet BABY, Twenty 15!
What, Cause I work at Friendly's I don't work hard?
Now make me a Fribble!
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:08 am

Post by Slandaar »

Wait up, Wait up, lets just get this straight.

Your story is that you think that I posted 'if I don't respond quickly it might be because I am out doing other things' because after seeing Kelbris post similar I thought it was a great excuse to lurk so I copied him thinking no-one would suspect me for lurking?

You think I thought - 'I might be out doing other things' is a good excuse to lurk instead of the more logical explanation and the actual reason which I posted.

Hmmmm

You can't even argue you didn't read my explanation as I directed you to it earlier AND you have given everyone a rundown of my ISO which included it...

Doesn't seem like you are genuinely scumhunting. Not the first time I have accused you of this.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:20 am

Post by havingfitz »

I'm on vacation in FL. ~Might be Monday before I provide anything substantial. Still checking in a few times a day so can get in short responses. FYI
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:40 am

Post by massive »

In post 183, Riblet wrote:if you are town and not scum (doubtful) you are so blinded by OMGUS you don't even make sense anymore.

The irony in this quote is painful. Your case includes "I don't believe you actually were sick" and you expect us to believe Slandaar is the OMGUSy one?

If it comes down to Slandaar or Riblet, I'm more likely to vote Riblet. Riblet's case on Slandaar is hands-down awful, but I can't see scum sticking out their neck like this to draw so much attention to themselves D1. Slandaar's countercase isn't as bad, but it's causing him to ignore the rest of the game to some degree, which makes it feel like defense is all he's got right now. Neither are obvious scum so, if pressed, I'd vote for the one providing more noise than content. That being said, I hope it doesn't come down to that.

unvote
vote OkaPoka
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Saul Goode
Saul Goode
Goon
Saul Goode
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Saul Goode »

I'm going to be /LA until Monday. Play nice.
I KNOW A GUY
WHO KNOWS A GUY
WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF IT.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:49 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 216, massive wrote:
In post 183, Riblet wrote:if you are town and not scum (doubtful) you are so blinded by OMGUS you don't even make sense anymore.

The irony in this quote is painful. Your case includes "I don't believe you actually were sick" and you expect us to believe Slandaar is the OMGUSy one?

If it comes down to Slandaar or Riblet, I'm more likely to vote Riblet. Riblet's case on Slandaar is hands-down awful, but I can't see scum sticking out their neck like this to draw so much attention to themselves D1. Slandaar's countercase isn't as bad, but it's causing him to ignore the rest of the game to some degree, which makes it feel like defense is all he's got right now. Neither are obvious scum so, if pressed, I'd vote for the one providing more noise than content. That being said, I hope it doesn't come down to that.

unvote
vote OkaPoka

Lol. Wat.

I hope you have some solid reasoning behind that vote.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:58 am

Post by kelbris »

Even so, how can you call Massive's "can I still random vote", followed by Riblet's "sure, vote: slandaar" an attempt to manipulate Massive into doing so as you said in your earlier post? I am curious to hear what Massive thinks of said accusation too.

@Massive what is your opinion on what Slandaar is saying? Did you feel in any way influenced by Riblet's vote?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:26 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

After intensive rereadong and ISOing, I have come to the conclusion thst their is mafia in this game.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 220, Randomnamechange wrote:After intensive rereadong and ISOing, I have come to the conclusion thst their is mafia in this game.

Man, you are one good sporatic shorty!
Riblet
Riblet
Goon
Riblet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Riblet »

For reason I can't talk about

request replacement

Riblet is done.with this site.
It's Riblet BABY, Twenty 15!
What, Cause I work at Friendly's I don't work hard?
Now make me a Fribble!
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by kelbris »

that is a shame Riblet, may you do well wherever life takes you.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 220, Randomnamechange wrote:After intensive rereadong and ISOing, I have come to the conclusion thst their is mafia in this game.

That's insightful.

VOTE: randomidget

and I am going to give just as much reasoning as he has given this game.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”