Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 207, kelbris wrote:@wickedestjr did you read my reads section of my last post? I explained in a bit of detail as to why I voted for Slandaar and why I suspect he is scum.

Yes, I read the post.

So many replacements... geesh. I just hope that Riblet's replacement can see that Slandaar was imitating kelbris- I'm adding Slandaar to the 'decently strong town read' group.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:24 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Kelbris
, please respond to post 212. Why did you ignore it?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

*Yawn*
Bedtime
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:28 pm

Post by kelbris »

I did not ignore it, I just did not feel that it warranted a response. Whilst I put the same stuff down, I also did not feel the need to put him down as null. His latest posts (1 before mine and one after) made me think he is more of a town player this game then a scum one. The reads were "on-the-spot", I would like to know his answer to my question before I confirm that read though. If he WAS indeed affected, that would mean that my case on Slandaar is down the toilet, if he was not then that could confirm what I was saying about Slandaar claiming that Riblet's post DID influence him being false. Compared to the others I put in as null, Massive's posts struck me more as town then the others that I put down.
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:45 pm

Post by Iknal »

So like, sorry guys, been a bit busy lately.

Vote Count 1.4

massive(1): Randomidget
vikingfan(1): Aristophanes
OkaPoka(1): massive
kelbris(2): Wickedestjr, OkaPoka
Slandaar(2): Riblet, Kelbris
randomidget(2): havingfitz, FA_Q2
Riblet(1): Slandaar

Not voting: burn_209; Saul Goode; vikingfan

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-04-04 17:00:00)

Searching for a Riblet replacement.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:15 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

UNVOTE:
Town needs a direction.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:24 am

Post by havingfitz »

Another flake out. Grateful for those who've hung in. Glad to be rid of those not invested. Not sure what to make of Riblet flake. Good luck iknal.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:08 am

Post by Iknal »

In post 231, havingfitz wrote:Another flake out. Grateful for those who've hung in. Glad to be rid of those not invested. Not sure what to make of Riblet flake. Good luck iknal.

thanks. The last few spots filled up pretty quickly so here's hoping. And I'll echo the statement. Thanks to everyone currently playing. Both those who have stayed in and not made me search for a replacement and those who have replaced in as without you this might not still be going on.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 228, kelbris wrote:if he was not then that could confirm what I was saying about Slandaar claiming that Riblet's post DID influence him being false

What relevance does that have on my alignment?

My opinion is Riblet posted his response/vote in a way which encouraged massive to vote me. He had many opportunities prior to vote me if he was going to (this is factual) but only voted me in response to massive. The delay in vote is suspicious because if he found my post vote worthy you would expect him to vote at the first opportunity not later when nothing else has changed.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:43 am

Post by OkaPoka »

massive pls answer my question.
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:44 am

Post by Iknal »

Formerfish replaces Riblet effective immediately.

Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Everyone who is voting someone who they do not strongly want lynched should unvote.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I was hoping that my pred was a SNL reference, I am not disappointed. Reading soon. Anything I should know off the bat?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Unvote

Also this.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 237, Formerfish wrote:I was hoping that my pred was a SNL reference, I am not disappointed. Reading soon. Anything I should know off the bat?

kelbris is probs scum
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by kelbris »

@Slandaar the reason I believe it is relevant, is because IF Massive was indeed influenced as you said in an earlier post (not saying that Riblet did not make his post in response to Massive's, just that it was not intended to influence him), that would mean that my whole reason for voting you would be invalid, in which case I would gladly drop it and unvote. However, IF on the other hand he was NOT influenced or felt influenced as you said, that would mean that either (A) you were deliberately trying to pin stuff on Riblet to get him lynched or (B) that you assumed that Riblet was trying to influence Massive. If it was A then that would indicate to me either anti-town play/scum play and if it is B then...there is an old saying about assuming, it makes an ass out of you and me.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:04 am

Post by vikingfan »

Dang, so many replacements makes this game hard :(. Former, basically the only notable things so far is that randomidget isn't contributing that much so far, slandaar and riblet (your predecessor), have been at each other's throats, kelbris stupidly claimed townie on page 3 with absolutely no pressure whatsoever.

So many replacements is really hurting the game because there's no way to follow up on behavior. For example, I can't ask former about riblet's play because they're not the same player so it makes riblet's play mostly irrelevant.

I think I responded to you before Wicked, but this sentence from before pretty much sums it up for me. Not sure why you're asking me the same question over again but again, I thought it suspicious he did a naked vote, then when challenged, he left. It was fishy to me so I figured it was worth a vote to state as much but obviously I wanted to give his replacement a fair chance. And others didn't like Flames' play either, as you will see by the thread.

I'm going to take a closer look now and see if I can make sense of anything upon a reread.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:22 am

Post by vikingfan »

After looking back, my best scumread is random. Everyone else is null for me at this point.

Random, why do you believe kelbris is town? you say he is but don't give any backup for it. You make a lot of statements but don't back them up. People don't like backing up their statements because it provides something that can be referred to later.

VOTE: vote random
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:25 am

Post by massive »

In post 219, kelbris wrote:@Massive what is your opinion on what Slandaar is saying? Did you feel in any way influenced by Riblet's vote?

Whether I felt influenced by Riblet is immaterial to whether Riblet was trying to influence me. Why shift the focus to me here?

In post 234, OkaPoka wrote:massive pls answer my question.

Uh ... what question? Is it this?

In post 218, OkaPoka wrote:
Lol. Wat.

I hope you have some solid reasoning behind that vote.

Why do you hope I have solid reasoning behind my vote? Also, this is not a question.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:43 am

Post by OkaPoka »

massive why vote me?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 am

In post 242, vikingfan wrote:After looking back, my best scumread is random. Everyone else is null for me at this point.

Random, why do you believe kelbris is town? you say he is but don't give any backup for it. You make a lot of statements but don't back them up. People don't like backing up their statements because it provides something that can be referred to later.

VOTE: vote random

I'm not saying kelbris is town, I'm sayingbthe things he is being scumread for he does as town
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by Iknal »

burn_209 has been prodded.

FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:19 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 237, Formerfish wrote:I was hoping that my pred was a SNL reference, I am not disappointed. Reading soon. Anything I should know off the bat?

I would like your take on the interaction with your predecessor and slandar.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:51 pm

Post by kelbris »

@Massive the reason I asked you is because I wanted to get your opinion on his post/vote right after yours in an attempt to confirm/deny what Slandaar was saying, especially since Riblet has replaced out so we have no way of asking him.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:36 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Kelbris
- I get what you are saying man, and I think most peoples problem with your statement isn’t the fact that you made it, its how far you went with it. I think that we could all pretty much post that we are going to be active when we can be, but there may be times where we are doing other things. You could probably get away with just saying where you live, or you could go crazy and actually put it in your information instead of putting the Internet. If I saw someone who lived in Australia playing my expectations would already be different for them. Also, no need to designate a vote as RVS during RVS. “that way you do not suddenly see me as "lurking" when in actuality I could be simply busy or preoccupied” Can you show where you were accused of lurking like this? And how would we determine the times where you are otherwise occupied or lurking? #65 ::facepalm::. Just ::facepalm::. Everything anyone said about how bad a decision you made is 100% correct, Wicked put it best though in #79. What makes you think that Slandaars post was a reaction test? How do you know it is a pointless one unless you understand what information he could possibly get from it? Your premise for believing that Slandaar was running a reaction test that early is flawed. Burn and Cheet both misunderstood something that Slandaar thought was self evident. Jesus Christ, it seems like he was making fun of you, that’s how I took it.

Slandaar
- I got the joke man, not sure how so many people were clueless about it. Do you think that was dumbassery or scum trying to jump on something little and missing something bigger?

Burn
- Did you feel the breeze when Slandaars joke flew over your head? Post #24 I need to make sure you didn’t mess up here “In fact I cant remember the last time I was in a game and we lynched someone because of inactivity and that person flipped town” because your first statement sounds like you think scum doesn’t lurk much, but the quoted one sounds like you lynch accurately off activity.

FA_Q2
- Do you find something scummy about voting for a wagon? Is everyone’s funny bones busted in this game? People are missing super obvious jests at people and taking it as scummy. Why did you avoid any of the votes that could have started a wagon? Have you played with Massive before? He will carry his weight, just worry about yourself for the time being and everything will be dandy. Decent questions to Cheet, you get some town points. You do seem to lack the ability to accurately identify OMGUS though. Massive simply looked at your iso to see if you were one to walk the walk or just talk the talk, he appears to have weighed and measured you and you have been found wanting.

Cheetory
- I really hope to see you improve as the game goes, I have read like the first 5 pages and am disappointed in your play so far. I am going to try to not discuss much of the misunderstanding because I saw that it gets cleared by around page 5, but Jesus man that whole line of investigation was all sorts of bad. I am having a hard time believing you didn’t get the joke because it was so apparent to me on my first read through that Slandaar was being facetious. Even in the face of people telling you that you are reading it wrong you kept it up for far longer than you should have. I wonder if this is a case of “scum sticking with a stupid read for longer than scum should, so he must be town” bullshit that most people believe. Also, I do find it funny you tell someone to retrace your thought process, but are unable to do so yourself. I hope you feel like kind of a dick for #31. I love when people are overly dickish because they think they understand something that others have missed and feel superior for it. #88 “Weps. I'm officially being shit this game. Sorry.” Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery. We are here for you Cheet. “Slandaar might be scum for how hard he’s trying to seem like he’s doing something useful […]not quicklynching someone who’s at least critically thinking.” These two thoughts don’t match up, explain. Why did you vote Fitz here? And wouldn’t you be an easy target at this point based on how thick you were being? If Fitz was scum you would sure be a juicy mislynch target at this point. Do you have examples of Randomidget being mislynch bait? So your question in #107 is what scum motivation could Randomidget have in his actions, correct? He could be white knighting a townie for cred, he could be soft defending a buddy with meta tells that he could easily explain away later. Those two things seem like decent scum motivation for his current actions. #113 Dat Food scum tell. In #120 you try to explain why you voted Slandaar over kelbris, but you use a post that you made before you realized that Slandaar was joking with his post. Now that you know that Slandaar was mocking Kelbris wouldn’t that change anything.
I probably should have checked the replace list first, goddamnit.

Randomidget
- I’ve heard of you, all good things. What is the “this” that you feel Kelbris does as town? When you made that statement Kelbris had all of one post. Do you have enough history with them to get a solid read off an intro post? #95 “He has a habit of explaining himself and posting weird semi-relevant stuff.” He made one post. You don’t think that he could make that same one post as scum? (I know that he has made more posts by the time you explain this a bit, but your read is based off his first post alone) #138 naked vote on Massive, why?

Seriously the whole Kelbris/Slandaar/Burn/Cheet circle jerk made me want to smash my head into my keyboard. I would also like explinations about where peoples heads were at with their naked votes on Slandaar. So that’d be Randomidget and Kelbris.

Viking
- How do you come in at post #36 and have nothing to say about what had been going on previously? How do you differentiate between scum and newbtown? What does it take to get a scum read for you? Your list had 5 town reads, 3 null reads, 3 nothings, and one possible scum.

Hodor
- How does someone saying that they normally get scumread for certain behavior stop people from scumreading them based off those tells? I have played with too many people who pull the whole “Woe is me… I always get scumread for doing X” schtick and it gets old quickly. If you do something that gets your scumread all the time change it or figure out a way to discern what alignment people are that are reading your that way. Saying I always get scumread for lurking does nothing to clear up alignment, any indication that you think it does should be banished to the land of bad fucking ideas.

Fitz
- Get out of my head man, everytime I pull something to comment on, I find you making the same post a few later on. I don’t see how Cheets replace is being seen as town, in fact I always have a hard time figuring out how anyone can see alignment in a replace out. Can you try to shed some light on this for me? I was scum reading Cheet and kinda see the same in his replace.

I stopped on Page 6. Finish tomorrow.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”