Mini 1649: Jabberwocky Mafia (Game Over)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 1230, Valkyrie Mollie wrote:
In post 1229, T S O wrote:This town is kinda filled with players who I really cannot work with as town - farside all-around, Titus for unwarranted iron confidence, mollie for never listening. I'm not "active lurking on the largest wagons". I've never even touched FA, despite his idiotic martyr vote on me.

I feel like this is a bit of a cop out here, if you are town I will be hugely disappointed and if you are scum I will feel a bit insulted cos I am seeing nothing of the rising don corelone attitude that I know that you are capable of bringing to the table. we have worked together before in other games so I am unsure where this attitude is coming from. if you are town it only hurts town.

having good reads is only 50% of good town play. you have to convince pple not only that you are town but convince other players of your reads and I feel like you shld know this. in fact I wld go so far as to say that you
do

you don't convince other players of your reads by demanding that they listen to you, trust me, it just never works out. people want to feel good about their own contributions to a game so I have found the best way to do this is to engage your scumread in a way that gets then to drop down their guard and reveal what they wld much rather want to try to hide. like pple will feel more confidence about sheeping if they can reach their own conclusions and that is town's biggest challenge; providing the opportunity to do this while adjusting your own reads with more info.

I am looking at the beli wagon and there are 2 townreads are on there. I have been trying to tease out more reads from beli cos right now it kind of looks like he is not wanting to leave a trail i.e. avoid dropping associative tells. cos I can't believe with all that has happened he doesn't have 1 read. like even town 1s wld be good at this point. this is weird considering his d1 voting pattern cos he seemed to have some conviction wrt brantz. this is where you look sort of good but not quite cos you are not pushing him or reaching out to players to try to get him lynched.

guy has you as town. why cos of the failed attempt at a posting restriction, he feels like it wld be dumb to attract so much attention as scum and I agree except I have seen vets do it. I am not sure what your intention was when you decided to do it in the first place but what is really puzzling to me is why you dropped it when you did and then did nothing and have continued to do nothing. this is what is confusing to me. we all have games we feel apathetic about but we owe it to the mod and the rest of the playerbase to try to get involved anyway cos that is the onus we carry when we signed up. so you playing subpar serves no1. I can get all wifomy and hypothetical about this bullshit in that mebbe you saw your team had a scum suicidal whatever and gave up right then when you saw that faq2 was being strung but I am not going there I am just going to reduce things down to in thread play.

yours is lacking
beli's lacking
seraphim's was lacking and faq2 subbed in and now I am unsure cos a part of me agrees with titus in that a lynchproof does sort of point to a certain symmetry with regards to set up spec. plus why wld seraph act like he did if he knew he was lynchproof town. god I wld love that role I wld be even more obnoxious than I already am.

I just want you to get more engaged with the game so i can get a better read.

this is my reachout

I appreciate it.

Here's where I'm at: I don't have the time or motivation right now to make a case on Belisarius. I also don't feel the urgency that could spark me to do it. I feel it'll probably end up going through one way or another. I am committed to the game. I just feel I don't actually have to imput right now and I'm in plenty of games that do. I'm paranoid of every player here and I hate playing without solid townreads because it's where I get basis for a lot of my reads.

If I was scum and FA was my partner I would be breaking out the heavy artillery to make something else happen. I've only ever given up twice as scum - once in my first few months where Mara got lynched d1 and our associatives were so blatantly scum I knew I was fucked, and once where I was the sole member of a 3-man scumteam left alive on d2 with Town having a Cop, Jailkeeper and Vig. Even there, I got my mislynch on d2. This game isn't in the regions of those - I would be confident I could probably mislynch half this game as scum, with enough work, but as town, I'm just plugging along and seeing what happens. Take it as a show of faith.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Jesus christ I forgot Yakko even existed. I am fine with policy lynching him. I still prefer beli obviously. But yeah. Yakko is worthless.

Tso, I need a reread. I've gotta be honest I took on too many games at once, and with this game slowing down and me being conftowned I haven't had my head in this game. the whole cop thing still stinks to me
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 1249, TierShift wrote:I want people's reads on TSO. Does anyone think he's town?

no
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1249, TierShift wrote:I want people's reads on TSO. Does anyone think he's town?

I back towards a scum read on him mostly for just following others but I'm placing money on yakko flipping scum so there's that.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:34 pm

Post by goodmorning »

"And a 'borogove' is a thin shabby-looking bird with its feathers sticking out all round--something like a live mop."

Votecount 2.12
Belisarius [L-2] - Elbirn, T S O, Titus, farside22

FA_Q2 [L-3] - hi im Yakko, Flubbernugget, Witness Protection
T S O [L-5] - TierShift
farside22 [L-5] - FA_Q2

Not Voting [2] - Belisarius, Valkyrie Mollie

With 11 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-03-29 10:00:00).

If I don't answer your question in the medium by which you asked it, please refer to the thread title.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Last time I saw him hold off a case like this he was scum
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by T S O »

No, Flubber, I promised that case and didn't deliver but kept saying I would. I'm flat out refusing to make one here, and it's rather irritating people expecting me to. Click his fucking ISO.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:41 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Well any scum worth its salt can change their tactics a little bit :P

The problem from my point of view it that it makes your intentions completely opaque.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1257, Flubbernugget wrote:Well any scum worth its salt can change their tactics a little bit :P

The problem from my point of view it that it makes your intentions completely opaque.

Do what I do (I can hear Mollie cringing already). Toss the meta aside. It ain't about meta.

Who does he want lynched and why? Does that look like town or scum? Why?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Can I talk to tso so I can figure that out or no
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by Titus »

By all means, I was just trying to help.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Valkyrie Mollie
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by Valkyrie Mollie »

We have come to the conclusion that we'll be shooting faq2.

UNVOTE:
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Titus »

I feel like I died and went to heaven.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:44 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

posting
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

UNVOTE:
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by Witness Protection »

*taps foot impatiently*

UNVOTE:
""It seems very pretty," she said when she'd finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!" (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! Somebody killed something: that's clear
Valkyrie Mollie
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:15 pm

it doesn't take effect until the beginning of the next day round so no, you won't get a result in this 1
Valkyrie Mollie
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:42 pm

VOTE: yakko

following guy's boogie
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:45 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: yakko
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Witness Protection »

VOTE: Yakko
""It seems very pretty," she said when she'd finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!" (You see she didn't like to confess, even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow it seems to fill my head with ideas—only I don't exactly know what they are! Somebody killed something: that's clear
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by Titus »

Damn... #wish I wasn't doc. This will be a treasure trove for VCA.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Does this mean no Beli today? Cuz I want Beli today.

Oh fuck it.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Hi Im Yakko
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Post by Titus »

I don't get this wagon...
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Post by Elbirn »

Me neither. Probably because he's useless. Me? I want blood right now. This game is stagnating.

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1272, Titus wrote:I don't get this wagon...

All the better reason to hop on it

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”