League of Legends (Old)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

Btw short Karthus guide cabd requested since he wants to add him to his champ pool i think

Spoiler:
Runes:

If vs ad:
mpen reds, armor yellows, scaling ap blues, and flat ap quints

If vs STRONG ap early/mid (ex lb, diana, brand, cass, kat):
mpen reds, scaling health yellows, 4 flat 5 scaling mr blues, and flat ap quints

If vs WEAK.MEDIOCRE ap early/mid (ex anivia, ahri, lux, tf):
mpen reds, scaling health yellows, scaling ap blues, and flat ap quints

MASTERIES:

21/9/0 90%. you can look under my profile for exact mastery (one labeled "karthus") which i believe maximizes his dmg output and ones he uses best.
Other 10% go 21/0/9 (and get the mana regen mastery). This is important vs champions like morde, morgana, etc, which have very strong waveclear but very low dmg output to you. You just need to keep up with their push and not let them just push you into tower and then go roam or farm side lanes.

BUILD:

Start dorans ring vs 99% of matchups. I honestly cant think of a specific champion that I would start anything else. Except maybe top lane vs heavy ad with strong gap closer I would start cloth 4pots 1 mana.

You then build a tear, then rush either RoA or Rylais. This is honestly dependent on preference. I personally prefer rylais for the insane kiting it gives him and the earlier power spike, plus its build path is amazing. You then finish arcangel, build zhonyas, then finish with rabadons/void staff.

Early game you basically wanna farm up as much as possible. Contrary to what people believe, however, he also has some nice poke once you get some good practice with landing Q. The main thing to remember about Q is that it deals double the damage if it only lands on one unit. So if your enemy is outside their minion wave, try to Q them a few times (assuming you dont miss any cs). If they are inside the minion wave just poke them with is and push the lane.

Which brings the next point. Never try to let the enemy push you in. This is because of two reasons. 1. Karthus is terrible at roaming; whats even worse, if you're pushed in, thats a prime time for your opponent to roam . 2. Karthus has a horrible time csing under tower, and you have to now almost the exact range of q to be able to kill minions after tower shots (ex the if tower attacks a side ranged minion, if your Q hits more than one creep when you're trying to kill it will not finish it off).

Karthus doesn't necessarily have any strong counters. This is mainly due to the fact he is so safe to play. By far the "hardest" counter would be katarina. Long range poke, pushes lane relatively fast, you have no cc for her ult, strong roamer, hard to kill/poke out in lane because of her build path. I literally hate everything about this champion. You can beat an inexperienced kat with some skill, but a good kat will just roam when she sees she can't kill you.

Easy matchups for karthus are low damage early game, low-medium range, bad roamer champions. Heim, Lux, Anivia, Syndra.

Role mid game is to try and get picks. Rylais Q makes chasing people very easy. Also remember huge power spike at lvl 11 due to increased dmg on ult. Try to poke people before initiating. Also karthus takes dragons very easily due to isolated Q.

Late game once you get your core items you become a monster. Basically when team fights start just try to run in, W the backline, toggle E, and Q as much as possible. Zhonyas when you're in the middle. Then back off if team fight is waning. I've also been experimenting with a somewhat different playstyle where you build Luden's Echo and staying in back procing a lot of the item's passive due to low cd of Q before going in.

Unrelated side note, both your Q and W can be used to check brushes for enemies, etc. Q gives a small vision for a half a second or so. W gives vision of an entire brush if at least one of the big pole sides are in the brush.

didnt really reread it and late at night so might have a bunch of weird wordings.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:41 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40200, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Btw short Karthus guide cabd requested since he wants to add him to his champ pool i think

Spoiler:
Runes:

If vs ad:
mpen reds, armor yellows, scaling ap blues, and flat ap quints

If vs STRONG ap early/mid (ex lb, diana, brand, cass, kat):
mpen reds, scaling health yellows, 4 flat 5 scaling mr blues, and flat ap quints

If vs WEAK.MEDIOCRE ap early/mid (ex anivia, ahri, lux, tf):
mpen reds, scaling health yellows, scaling ap blues, and flat ap quints

MASTERIES:

21/9/0 90%. you can look under my profile for exact mastery (one labeled "karthus") which i believe maximizes his dmg output and ones he uses best.
Other 10% go 21/0/9 (and get the mana regen mastery). This is important vs champions like morde, morgana, etc, which have very strong waveclear but very low dmg output to you. You just need to keep up with their push and not let them just push you into tower and then go roam or farm side lanes.

BUILD:

Start dorans ring vs 99% of matchups. I honestly cant think of a specific champion that I would start anything else. Except maybe top lane vs heavy ad with strong gap closer I would start cloth 4pots 1 mana.

You then build a tear, then rush either RoA or Rylais. This is honestly dependent on preference. I personally prefer rylais for the insane kiting it gives him and the earlier power spike, plus its build path is amazing. You then finish arcangel, build zhonyas, then finish with rabadons/void staff.

Early game you basically wanna farm up as much as possible. Contrary to what people believe, however, he also has some nice poke once you get some good practice with landing Q. The main thing to remember about Q is that it deals double the damage if it only lands on one unit. So if your enemy is outside their minion wave, try to Q them a few times (assuming you dont miss any cs). If they are inside the minion wave just poke them with is and push the lane.

Which brings the next point. Never try to let the enemy push you in. This is because of two reasons. 1. Karthus is terrible at roaming; whats even worse, if you're pushed in, thats a prime time for your opponent to roam . 2. Karthus has a horrible time csing under tower, and you have to now almost the exact range of q to be able to kill minions after tower shots (ex the if tower attacks a side ranged minion, if your Q hits more than one creep when you're trying to kill it will not finish it off).

Karthus doesn't necessarily have any strong counters. This is mainly due to the fact he is so safe to play. By far the "hardest" counter would be katarina. Long range poke, pushes lane relatively fast, you have no cc for her ult, strong roamer, hard to kill/poke out in lane because of her build path. I literally hate everything about this champion. You can beat an inexperienced kat with some skill, but a good kat will just roam when she sees she can't kill you.

Easy matchups for karthus are low damage early game, low-medium range, bad roamer champions. Heim, Lux, Anivia, Syndra.

Role mid game is to try and get picks. Rylais Q makes chasing people very easy. Also remember huge power spike at lvl 11 due to increased dmg on ult. Try to poke people before initiating. Also karthus takes dragons very easily due to isolated Q.

Late game once you get your core items you become a monster. Basically when team fights start just try to run in, W the backline, toggle E, and Q as much as possible. Zhonyas when you're in the middle. Then back off if team fight is waning. I've also been experimenting with a somewhat different playstyle where you build Luden's Echo and staying in back procing a lot of the item's passive due to low cd of Q before going in.

Unrelated side note, both your Q and W can be used to check brushes for enemies, etc. Q gives a small vision for a half a second or so. W gives vision of an entire brush if at least one of the big pole sides are in the brush.

didnt really reread it and late at night so might have a bunch of weird wordings.

One thing to add that I didn't see mentioned is that unlike most mids, Karthus almost always takes exhaust.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #40202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:51 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Looks like a good guide. And rylais over roa, always.

and yes, don't bother roaming until you have the enemy tower down, and tax other lanes/wraith camp as much as possible if you can. The further you can get ahead the better. And always pay attention for ult opportunities.

Once you're a bit ahead, always contest dragons. That's a goldmine for kills, even when you die yourself
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #40203 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:08 am

Post by PJ. »

That's mostly a clear time nerf for sion where for sejuani it's a killing people nerf. And not one that is insignificant.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #40204 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:21 am

Post by zoraster »

they are buffing the crap out of bard on the PBE, as they should be... but still i think that Q is just too slow moving, regardless of the damage.

Attack range increased to 550 from 500
Base damage increased to 52 from 46
Damager per level growth increased to 3.5 from 3
Base armor increased to 25 from 21
Travel's Call (Passive) Meeps: A new meep appears every 10 down from 12
Traveler's Call (Passive) Chimes: mana restore changed to 12% max mana from (8% missing mana + 15)

Cosmic Binding (Q) damage increased to 80/125/170/215/260 from 80/120/160/200/240
Cosmic Binding (Q) AP ratio increased to .65 from .5
Magical Journey (E) mana cost reduced to 0 at all ranks from 30
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40205 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:57 am

Post by quadz08 »

In post 40203, PJ. wrote:That's mostly a clear time nerf for sion where for sejuani it's a killing people nerf. And not one that is insignificant.

sej's ult nerf is maaaassiiiiive
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #40206 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:21 am

Post by Oman »

Massive, but even as someone who loves Sejuani, valid. Her ult was just way too forgiving, and was effective over way too large an area.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40207 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:14 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 40205, quadz08 wrote:
In post 40203, PJ. wrote:That's mostly a clear time nerf for sion where for sejuani it's a killing people nerf. And not one that is insignificant.

How to get around sej ult nerf - HIT THE DAMN ULT. Also, she had a 56.68% winrate yesterday. Clearly it wasn't that big.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #40208 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:55 am

Post by hiplop »

Big nerf on someone who was almost impossible to lose with still means shes incredibly good! ^
third best scummer of all time
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #40209 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:01 am

Post by PJ. »

Anyone with aoe cc smokes low elo.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:06 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

GOLD PROMOS. FUCKNIG FINALLY.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #40211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 40207, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 40205, quadz08 wrote:

How to get around sej ult nerf - HIT THE DAMN ULT. Also, she had a 56.68% winrate yesterday. Clearly it wasn't that big.

The biggest thing is that hitting the ult on one or two people doesn't mean hitting it on five. With the 90% slow, if a team was spread out you could still hit all of them, albeit only a few with the stun. Now, though, if they're spread outside of stun range, they drastically counter the effectiveness. It's got good counterplay in it now, IMO.

Panzer is right though, that AOE CC is huge in Low ELO. The problem I've always had with Sej prior to cinderhulk is that her weak first levels (pre 5 or 6) are so bad that you're not ganking, and Low ELO lanes struggle to be without help for that long. I've come out of the jungle after my second clear and had a botlane that's 5 kills down to a caitlyn/thresh and continuing to feed while sitting under turret. There were definitely options that I didn't take there, that I could've, but I also just needed people to not feed for 8 minutes. Which is a big ask sometimes.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

YESSSS.

Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:57 pm

now we just wait for panzer
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #40214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:59 pm

Post by PJ. »

if i keep having to support, it's gonna be a while
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40215 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 40214, PJ. wrote:if i keep having to support, it's gonna be a while

Janna, Nami, Thresh. All you need.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #40216 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:14 pm

Post by PJ. »

mmm, what I need is not a guy taking Vayne into Leona graves.

Can't support that.
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40217 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 40216, PJ. wrote:mmm, what I need is not a guy taking Vayne into Leona graves.

Can't support that.

Play Janna and disengage leona every time she catches vayne. Or play Thresh and flay that bitch. Congratulations you just made leona useless and won the lane.

Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40218 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Or you can play Morgana and pretend it's Season 4.
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40219 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:48 pm

I hate supporting vayne so bad :(
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #40220 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Post by animorpherv1 »

In post 40219, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:I hate supporting vayne so bad :(

Nami/Vayne is ridiculous, so long as you can get it into not leona.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #40221 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:04 pm

Post by PJ. »

I was thresh. she just pushed and exploded 8 times.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #40222 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:06 pm

Post by Cabd »

So I am legit gonna be bronze five unless i turn this shit around.

My most recent game, yi takes two CS from our WW top (which in and of itself pickwise shoulda been a sign) and so WW decides to instantly feed then afk for the two cs lost
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Gendaberry
Gendaberry
Goon
Gendaberry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40223 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by Gendaberry »

In post 40188, Llamarble wrote:Do we have 5 active gold/plat/diamond range players on MS who could form a ranked team? SAD and I are both high plat / likely to hit D5 soon; he plays mostly mid and I mostly AD.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask. How serious would you want this team to be? Would it be to tryhard and see how high we could go, or more just for fun?
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #40224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Post by PJ. »

It's not how much you take, it's how much you cost. If he alpha strikes the wave, gets two and minions kill 3, he missed a wave.

If I win them straight, I got like 5 more to go. Which is a possibility cause I did it last night. Gonna wait until monday though.

Return to “The Arcade”