Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:59 am

Post by DeasVail »

If I didn't care way too much about what people thought of me, I'd be bumbling like an idiot too!

My understanding is that Titus is concerned about Alquin being important because he limits the number of unmakes/kill attempts the scum can make. I might be missing something, but I'm not super scared about bane possibly revealing Alquin, nor do I see any super good reason why we can't discuss it as long as Alquin doesn't stand on top of a mountain shouting out his name or something.

PEdit: That's his current avatar and I didn't know how to find the other one. :P Plus, inner cuteness and all that jazz.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:08 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 4 (Minor Day 1, VC 4)

Bane:
Target player's Sign is revealed.

(2)
Gammagooey:
ActionDan, vezokpiraka [L-9]
(2)
No Bane:
Titus, GuyInFreezer [L-9]
(1)
Titus:
ChannelDelibird
(1)
ChannelDelibird:
Cheetory6
(1)
Zar:
Gammagooey
(1)
Shadoweh:
Tammy
(1)
GuyInFreezer:
Marquis

(11)
No Bane Vote:
Antihero, Aronis, Bulbazak, Deasvail, Espeonage, fferyllt, Mastin2, Shadoweh, T S O, Untrod Tripod, Zar

Choice:
Should protection stop
one
kill, but inform players when a kill on them was prevented; or
two
kills, without this information?

(5)
Two:
Gammagooey, Titus, Untrod Tripod, Cheetory6, T S O [L-6]
(5)
One:
ChannelDelibird, ActionDan, vezokpiraka, GuyInFreezer, Marquis [L-6]

(10)
No Choice Vote:
Antihero, Aronis, Bulbazak, Deasvail, Espeonage, fferyllt, Mastin2, Shadoweh, Tammy, Zar

With 20 votes in play, it takes 11 to Bane or Choose. Deadline is Sunday, April 5th at 9 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-05 21:00:00)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Titus »

In post 100, DeasVail wrote:If I didn't care way too much about what people thought of me, I'd be bumbling like an idiot too!

My understanding is that Titus is concerned about Alquin being important because he limits the number of unmakes/kill attempts the scum can make. I might be missing something, but I'm not super scared about bane possibly revealing Alquin, nor do I see any super good reason why we can't discuss it as long as Alquin doesn't stand on top of a mountain shouting out his name or something.

PEdit: That's his current avatar and I didn't know how to find the other one. :P Plus, inner cuteness and all that jazz.

This, which is why I am confused by Tammy and Cheetory's posts.

I have deduced the following:

1) baning gives us limited information while limiting the number of players scum have to search through thus eventually increasing KPN.

2) Two doctors reduces KPN but does not confirm which if any were blocked. This reduces KPN but info as well.

3) The game without signs is incredibly townsided, otherwise KPN being so high is off.

Given 1 and 2, two docs no baning seems to be the way to go. No information given and multiple protections in the early game are goid.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Post by fferyllt »

hi guys! I'll be catching up over the next couple of hours I hope. I am not sure whose wifi I'm borrowing atm.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

SIGNS AND VOID:

I second Llamarble's point wrt Espeonage taking a scum token: I think he does have a strong preference for scum, I think he asked to use a token, and I'm not sure anyone from the team would actually stop him from doing so. The only real defenses I could see coming from the slot would be: "I did use a scum token, didn't get scum" or "Psyche ran the numbers and made me take a town token instead", both of which are still pretty weak. Tammy was the person who told me about Espeonage's scum preference in the first place, so would probably ask her specifically what she thinks of it.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by Tammy »

:giggle:
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 102, Titus wrote:
In post 100, DeasVail wrote:If I didn't care way too much about what people thought of me, I'd be bumbling like an idiot too!

This, which is why I am confused by Tammy and Cheetory's posts.

I have deduced the following:

1) baning gives us limited information while limiting the number of players scum have to search through thus eventually increasing KPN.

2) Two doctors reduces KPN but does not confirm which if any were blocked. This reduces KPN but info as well.

3) The game without signs is incredibly townsided, otherwise KPN being so high is off.

Given 1 and 2, two docs no baning seems to be the way to go. No information given and multiple protections in the early game are goid.

I don't know what's confusing abut me not wanting you to keep talking about Alcuin and the candle stuff.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

Well I mean I doubt we can bane Alcuin anyway. The discussion itself narrows down enough between role and sign, and it's baffling to me that someone arguing against baning because it outs ones sign and does scum's job for them is actively promoting a conversation that does that very thing.

It keeps autocorrecting Alcuin. I know we're not talking about the medieval English guy.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Post by Tammy »

Also, Alcuin's job is not to act scummy and anyone who acts scummy just to avoid a nightkill is doing it wrong. It's no different than any other pr.

Also I doubt very seriously kills are going to go by oh we think he's alcuin, let's get him. That would be pretty poor play anyway that probably wouldn't net scum very much reward. Considering we're all playing as a team, I'd imagine the threat of the team as a whole is going to play into night kill choices at a pretty decent level.

And that's the last thing I'll say about Alcuin though!
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Locking the thread for a moment. Stand by for further information.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:12 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Nacho posted a post meant for his team's PT in this thread instead. Unfortunately, this confirms fferyllt as town.

However, we don't want to do anything overly punitive because it was clearly an oversight, and because the person being punished isn't the person who caused the problem.

Thus, we are electing to do the following:

1. fferyllt's slot is dead in this game. She has no vote, and does not exist for the purpose of the Creation or Annihilation win conditions.
2. I am posting her role PM in it's entirety. Note that in general the signs of dead players do NOT flip unless they have an ability that makes it so; hers is posted here only because of the specific situation.

You are
Alira Watchwall
, the
Sentinel
. You are aligned with
Creation
and embody the sign of the
Candle

Abilities

You have no special abilities.

Available abilities

During Minor Nights, your available abilities are:

Detect:
Match Sign on a player and you will receive a "positive" result. Fail to match Sign and receive a "negative" result.
Trace:
Target a player. If they detected and you were not Traced, you will receive the name of the player they detected. Otherwise, you will receive no result.

During Major Nights, you have no available abilities.

As a member of
Creation
, you win when all
Annihilation
aligned players are dead, at least one
Creation
aligned player is alive, and it is Day.

3. fferyllt may continue to post in this thread and communicate with her team, as normal.
4. fferyllt may not take or be targeted by any Minor or Major actions,
with one exception:
Annihilation may target her with Unmake. An unmake on fferyllt cannot be tracked, blocked, etc.
and she will die at the end of Major Day One (amendment circa post 211).
5. Gestalt will count the game as a win or loss depending on the outcome, as normal.
6. In the event that Team Mafia's outcome is decided by tiebreaker, Gestalt will be assessed a one-point penalty for the tiebreaker.

Let me know
via PM
if you have any questions or concerns about this decision.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I think token spec would have gotten the same conclusion.

Bane: Cheetory6

Can I do this now, or is the thread going to close again?
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I'll be back to catching up sometime tomorrow unless insomnia strikes.

Idic
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

so fferylt

how's being an IC treating you?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Tammy »

And that's why I wanted titus to stop with the candle talk. Obviously every candle weren't protection immune.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 5 (Minor Day 1, VC 5)

Bane:
Target player's Sign is revealed.

(2)
Gammagooey:
ActionDan, vezokpiraka [L-8]
(2)
No Bane:
Titus, GuyInFreezer [L-8]
(1)
Titus:
ChannelDelibird
(1)
ChannelDelibird:
Cheetory6
(1)
Zar:
Gammagooey
(1)
Shadoweh:
Tammy
(1)
GuyInFreezer:
Marquis
(1)
Cheetory6:
Bulbazak

(9)
No Bane Vote:
Antihero, Aronis, Deasvail, Espeonage, Mastin2, Shadoweh, T S O, Untrod Tripod, Zar
(Bulbazak)

Choice:
Should protection stop
one
kill, but inform players when a kill on them was prevented; or
two
kills, without this information?

(5)
Two:
Gammagooey, Titus, Untrod Tripod, Cheetory6, T S O [L-5]
(5)
One:
ChannelDelibird, ActionDan, vezokpiraka, GuyInFreezer, Marquis [L-5]

(9)
No Choice Vote:
Antihero, Aronis, Bulbazak, Deasvail, Espeonage, Mastin2, Shadoweh, Tammy, Zar

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to Bane or Choose. Deadline is Sunday, April 5th at 9 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-05 21:00:00)
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:23 pm

Post by Tammy »

So, Trojan horse thinks we should either no bane (but that also means no boon), try to hit scum with bane, or have a vanilla townie volunteer to be banned so we don't accidentally bane a pr.

We're also leaning to choice two. Still waiting to hear from others.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:24 pm

Post by Zar »

In post 45, Tammy wrote:
In post 27, Zar wrote:Gotta keep in character, I guess? ##
Vote: tammy

btw, my
circlejerk
team thinks espy is the most likely player to have waged scum tokens into this setup... regfan met him irl and apparently he couldn't stop talking about how much he loves being scum and all these evil mustache twirling plans he had in mind for future scum games, so...

Hi zar!

I just realized your team name has a flaw. While empire is a member of westeros, he hasn't actually played a game there. That should be rectified before team mafia is done with, so at least you'll have some truth in advertising.

Hi Tammy! I'm curious though. How come you addressed me but had nothing on my team's shared collective wisdom regarding espeonage?

I also kinda want to pick
CDB
's brain (or maybe your team's collective brain), about the things you've guys talked about. Mostly, why did you make a post saying you guys discussed theory but didn't make mention of any theory?
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I'd prefer to use bane as a scum vote. Otherwise, I really don't see the point in using it. As for the protects, I'm not sure. I can see the pros and cons for both. I'm conferring with my team about what they think the best course of action is, although I'd really appreciate discussion on the subject that doesn't devolve into PR fishing.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:29 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 117, Zar wrote:
In post 45, Tammy wrote:
In post 27, Zar wrote:Gotta keep in character, I guess? ##
Vote: tammy

btw, my
circlejerk
team thinks espy is the most likely player to have waged scum tokens into this setup... regfan met him irl and apparently he couldn't stop talking about how much he loves being scum and all these evil mustache twirling plans he had in mind for future scum games, so...

Hi zar!

I just realized your team name has a flaw. While empire is a member of westeros, he hasn't actually played a game there. That should be rectified before team mafia is done with, so at least you'll have some truth in advertising.

Hi Tammy! I'm curious though. How come you addressed me but had nothing on my team's shared collective wisdom regarding espeonage?

I also kinda want to pick
CDB
's brain (or maybe your team's collective brain), about the things you've guys talked about. Mostly, why did you make a post saying you guys discussed theory but didn't make mention of any theory?

I'm interested in espy's response to that first.

My team mates talked about how best to use my role, and the conversation has been about that.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 113, Untrod Tripod wrote:so fferylt

how's being an IC treating you?

I'm feeling somewhat insubstantial.

Tammy
, I look forward to your thoughts on that question.

GiF
, why do you think one choice is better than 2?

bulba
, why are you bane-ing cheetory?

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:36 pm

Post by Tammy »

Yeah, I figured you would ^_^

At the moment I'm trying to figure out the mechanics of the game and am submitting my dissertation tomorrow so I'm a bit distracted.

I would also like to see eespy's response or approach first. I could see him trying to get scum, but I can also see ZAR trying to get scum, so.
Zar
Zar
Mafia Scum
Zar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:48 pm

Post by Zar »

Um, actually we decided to use all of our tokens on Empire and Regfan... I'm kinda surprised you wouldn't expect that from our team, it seems like something you would know?
Show
"There are no men like me. There's only me."

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The Mafia, coming soon your way.

Modded games: Mini 1382 - Micro 67 - NY 160B.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:49 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 120, fferyllt wrote:
bulba
, why are you bane-ing cheetory?

I haven't liked some of his reactions.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by Tammy »

I don't get the question or the tone.

What do you think I'm supposed to know? You like scum. Empire and Regfan like town. Why wouldn't I think you could have used a token or two to attempt to get scum. There were five tokens. Why do you think I'd know how you guys decided to work them out.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”