Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:39 am

Post by Titus »

In post 174, T S O wrote:
In post 167, Titus wrote:. Given how townsided most of the open setups can be, I bet practically no one preferred scum.

Do you think this set-up is particularly townsided?

Too early to tell.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:06 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 175, Titus wrote:
In post 167, Titus wrote:. Given how townsided most of the open setups can be, I bet practically no one preferred scum.

Too early to tell.

So you think people spent their tokens on other games and didn't have anything else to spend here?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:34 am

Post by Titus »

In post 176, vezokpiraka wrote:

Too early to tell.

So you think people spent their tokens on other games and didn't have anything else to spend here?

Maybe. Each team is different. The smart play is to see what games you got then assign token.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:40 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 7 (Minor Day 1, VC 7)

Bane:
Target player's Sign is revealed.

(2)
Gammagooey:
ActionDan, vezokpiraka [L-8]
(2)
ChannelDelibird:
Cheetory6, Titus [L-8]
(1)
No Bane:
GuyInFreezer
(Titus)

(1)
Titus:
ChannelDelibird
(1)
Zar:
Gammagooey
(1)
Shadoweh:
Tammy
(1)
GuyInFreezer:
Marquis
(1)
Cheetory6:
Bulbazak
(1)
Untrod Tripod:
DeasVail
(1)
Mastin2:
Shadoweh

(7)
No Bane Vote:
Antihero, Aronis, Espeonage, Mastin2, T S O, Untrod Tripod, Zar

Choice:
Should protection stop
one
kill, but inform players when a kill on them was prevented; or
two
kills, without this information?

(7)
One:
ChannelDelibird, ActionDan, vezokpiraka, GuyInFreezer, Marquis, DeasVail, Shadoweh [L-3]
(5)
Two:
Gammagooey, Titus, Untrod Tripod, Cheetory6, T S O [L-5]

(7)
No Choice Vote:
Antihero, Aronis, Bulbazak, Espeonage, Mastin2, Tammy, Zar

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to Bane or Choose. Deadline is Sunday, April 5th at 9 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-05 21:00:00)
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Bane: Marquis

I'm voting Two btw because scum can get past one protection very easily if a PR claims. each protect being two means they have to dedicate 3/4ths of the scumteam to killing someone they think is likely to be protected, and if they get down to 2 members alive and Viktor is dead (since he has Duplicate) then they probably can't get past it at all.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:53 am

Post by T S O »

Is Unmake not a factional ability? As in, even if only one is alive they can use the full range of it?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:01 am

Post by T S O »

Too early to tell.

In post 167, Titus wrote: Given how townsided most of the open setups can be, I bet practically no one preferred scum.

So, you don't know if this set-up is townsided yet, but you don't think people would have picked scum in fear of it being townsided?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:22 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I thought it'd be considered the same as an Active ability but maybe not.

@Hito/mod
: Can a single scum member use Unmake twice given the wording of Might?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Titus »

@TSO, Use context please. The opens are townsided so I would be surprised if anyone picked scum in those games. It is too early to tell if this setup is townsided.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:13 am

Post by T S O »

But how is this fully open? It's semi-open at best.
-Marquis
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 am

Post by Titus »

In post 184, T S O wrote:But how is this fully open? It's semi-open at best.

:facepalm: Read my posts in their entirety again.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:16 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 148, Titus wrote:@CDB, I am rather interested in 129 as well. If Bane votes are meant to be who is the scummiest, why should the baned player get protection? Wouldn't it be better not to bane?

@Tammy/Fferylt, Pretty sure I have lost this argument on bane/not bane. I still think baning is a mistake but being stubborn will just mean my voice is lost in the process or unintentional fishing to those who cannot see theory as theory.

Theory talk is one thing, but when you start applying it to particulars of the game, people's responses to those particulars narrow down people's signs and who is or isn't alcuin.

Talk about the pros and cons to banking all you want, I just want you to leave alcuin and the candle talk out of it.

~~~

Also, I scheduled my defense today. Yay!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Antihero »

v/la until tomorrow
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:23 am

Post by T S O »

Bane: Titus
-Marquis
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 149, Cheetory6 wrote:
Deas wrote:Cheetory, can you please explain your current opinions on Tammy and Marquis?
Haven't really seen enough from Marquis's first four posts to form much of an opinion on him, but I don't think him 'shitposting' during earlygame D1 seems out of character for him based on my experience with him.

Was feeling a little wary of Tammy because it seemed like she could have been pretending to not understand things to fake a lack of understanding of the scum mechanics for townpoints, but her later posts have been better.

Heh.

I'm not even sure I'd have tried that approach as scum. Although maybe actually, most people know I rarely read the rules. Though I think my approach would more be akin to me walking my own self to the gallows, putting my neck in the noose, closing my eyes and awaiting the inevitable. I can fool some of the people here some of the time, but in a team atmosphere where I can't directly try to manipulate them? Might as well stick me up against faraday.

I think I like this from you though. It is kind of an easy thing to be worried about, but fake dumb tells are something I look out for too, so I can see someone being concerned about that if you're unfamiliar with me. I like that you reevaluated without really saying anything as I think pushing a fake dumb tell thing would be easy to make you look busy.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:33 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 141, DeasVail wrote:Cheetory, can you please explain your current opinions on Tammy and Marquis?

Why did you specifically ask him and why me and markee?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:39 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 190, Tammy wrote:
In post 141, DeasVail wrote:Cheetory, can you please explain your current opinions on Tammy and Marquis?

Why did you specifically ask him and why me and markee?

To me it sounded like he was townreading (or at least definitively 'not-scumreading') Marquis, yet seemed to be scumreading you, which was odd to me because I thought that the same thought process that would scumread you would also lead to scumreading Marquis, and the same kind of thing if townreading. I also liked his response though, and while Ceph thinks he's scum I'm more undecided and still have UT as my best guess.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Tammy »

Ah, okay.

I'm not going to put any energy in actually reading people until tomorrow. I do think I'm finally grasping the mechanics, or at least fooling myself into thinking that. My team has a couple reads, but I'll start dealing with that tomorrow. I have to turn in the finalized version of my dissertation to my committee tonight, so I'm preserving brain power and more people need to check in.

Titus - I wouldn't bet that people wouldn't prefer scum. Due to the nature of scoring, being scum actually gives you a higher chance of winning team mafia, and I'm sure people figured that in in addition to some crazy people just preferring scum anyway. I put a double negative there, see why I need to preserve brain power?

Also shadoweh I gave you a hug and was rebuffed. I won't cry about it though.
Maybe I will

I'm still mapping out the choice thing, but is it two protections on the same night? I was under the impression it wasn't.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Titus »

Scum gives a bonus?

Tammy, it's two protections on the same night, every night or one with knowledge of attack or not.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

The two protections must be on the same person though, if I'm understanding correctly.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by T S O »

I got that impression too.

Maybe hito should just clarify the scenario in full so we don't waste time discussing how the mechanic works.
-Marquis
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Titus »

I thought they could be different people.

Mod: Can the protections be on different people if we pick the two protection choice? Could we protect the same person?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 182, Gammagooey wrote:I thought it'd be considered the same as an Active ability but maybe not.

@Hito/mod
: Can a single scum member use Unmake twice given the wording of Might?

Yes. Might prohibits the double-use of ACTIVE abilities, not Factional.

In post 195, T S O wrote:I got that impression too.

Maybe hito should just clarify the scenario in full so we don't waste time discussing how the mechanic works.

Think of it this way. "Protection" is a word that can either mean "The first kill on you will be prevented, and you will informed if this prevents a kill" or "The first two kills on you will be prevented." You are choosing which one of these "protection" means. This has no bearing on how many people
get
protection. Make sense?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by Marquis »

Hello everyone! I didn't realize how much pressure to post well this game was going to make me feel! I'm going to read up now and provide coherent, happy thoughts later tonight!

Happy hunting! :)
link in bio
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Post by Titus »

Choice 1
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”