Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:59 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You 'know' he did.

How do you know this?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:07 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

If you want to insist on pointless distinctions, there's some teensy chance CheeryDog could be scum lying about it (and an even teensier chance that he's town lying about it). That doesn't change the fact that 'marble's argument is most certainly that he did use it and you represented it as being weaker than it really is.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:12 pm

Post by Psyche »

cheery dog said that he used a scum token
also, the idea that anyone is letting tokens surpass scumhunting is a strawman
You can't step in the same river twice.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:21 pm

In post 152, Psyche wrote:
also, the idea that anyone is letting tokens surpass scumhunting is a strawman

No, it isn't.

Llamarble explicitly stated Regfan was likely town because two tokens.

She said Zach was likely town because one token.

Cheery Dog was likely scum because one token.

Show me the scum-hunting.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:28 pm

That tells me nothing.

Show me scum-hunting that relates to those reads.

Go.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:43 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 138, Llamarble wrote:Maybe he didn't understand how hard it's going to be for us to justify lynching anyone other than him today with this information in play.
Maybe he was concerned people wouldn't believe him if he didn't claim his token and wanted to get in front of the problem, hoping to be townread for doing so.
Cheery Dog is currently ~twice as likely as any other player in this game to be scum. He better do some impressive things if he doesn't want to die.

Expecting me to do something impressive? what is this nonsense?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:45 pm

Post by Psyche »

136 refers to a post number
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 pm

Show me scum hunting from that post that relates to those reads I just gave.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:01 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.06Psyche (3) - TellTaleHeart, Oversoul, Ankamius
theelkspeaks (3) - Regfan, BlueBloodedToffee, Aeronaut
BlueBloodedToffee (2) - Psyche, Zachrulez
Cheery Dog (2) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Llamarble
ika (1) - Cheery Dog
Oversoul (1) - theelkspeaks

Not Voting (1) - ika

With 13 alive, it will take 7 to lynch.

The deadline is Monday, April 13, 2015, at 9:00 PM EDT (UTC-4), which is in (expired on 2015-04-13 21:00:00).
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 74, theelkspeaks wrote:
Might just be a playstyle thing, might be from playing on another (non-mafia but having mafia games) site with different rules and a meta resulting from that, but I tend to think a quickly building wagon without a solid case, especially at the start of an early day, probably has at least one scum. Don't have good rules for identifying which of the votes is the scum though.

Any wagon has a high chance of containing at least one scum, reasons given regardless. Maybe not in this setup as much if it ends up on scum, so while it may be logical to assume that, save it until you're actually able to do VCA.

In post 91, ika wrote:
In post 84, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
- Ika, if you think scum is voting you, you should probably do something about that.

like what? i dont want to ruin slayers gambit (cus come on white flag is like the best place to try shit like that)

If you're doing it, it's kind of useless anyway as BBT's post is all you're likely to get.
and I don't see the point in any gambit from town here anyway, regardless of how not-in-meta a gambit is, it's still going to be pointless.

In post 105, Psyche wrote:i tried explaining it but i think i will just reiterate that it's pretty esoteric to me
i'm not saying that they're in the same team or anything
they just have the same place in my head when i think about them and this game

You're impressed that I read your post? :S

you know a little less about what the clumps mean than i do but we both homed in on the same tension

i really do apologize for making the clumps now though it's pretty close to meaningless

Can you at least explain how they relate to each other within the clump, I believe there are likely subconscious reasoning you've possibly put them there, and I'd like to get that out.

In post 135, TellTaleHeart wrote:
In post 128, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:'Marble, why aren't you voting Cheery Dog? You must know this Psyche-thing is kind of weak given that he's being perfectly open about it.

Hello. You can have elk's spot in my scum pile now.

Why does that mean elk is able to be removed?

In post 145, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 130, Llamarble wrote:Nacho assigns Cheery Dog some townpoints for admitting he took a scum token. I'd like to hear more from CD.
Who are Cheery's buddies?

My best guess currently would be 2 of {Ankamius, elk, ika} although I wouldn't be particularly happy lynching any of those currently.

In post 137, Aeronaut wrote:Too much WIFOM to really call it alignment indicitive, I think.

I think the decision to say it probably isn't very alignment-indicative (the token and his play so far on the other hand totally are). If CD felt it was obvious he would take a scum token, he'd probably feel lying about it would make him more suspicious.

I didn't think it would have been obvious, I may boast of an unbroken scum record, but I also consider my scumplay poor and consider my first scum win to still be my best.

UNVOTE:
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:18 pm

Post by Regfan »

Know it's already been said but both Empire and myself also didn't like Elks , the commenting of disliking the wagon without any specifics being stated reads as trying to seem contributive while not really doing anything. Also think his reasoning of wanting to vote Oversoul being "Trying to have token information outted = anti-town" should mean that his vote would be on me given that I've been the largest pusher of having that outted but he's still on Oversoul, dudes scum here.

Don't know how to begin to read Psyche (Though Empires telling me his scum-meta that he remembers is that he lurks as scum but it's based on old and limited meta which points town but it's fairly meh reasoning) and Ika find almost all their posts Bad but not necessarily alignment-tells, semi-tempted to try and trick Mina (She's very decisive) into taking a stance on them and blaming her if they're wrong. Also still not seeing the CD wagon, think him outing that he used a scum-tokens is fairly null of an action and while the fact that he has used one increases the odds he's scum I don't have a read on him from posts alone.

Still down from the normal amount of town reads I'd have at this stage, think Llama (Do want him to clarify something below), Zach, CES (Empires kind of paranoid here though and also wants something explained below but it's not something that troubles me much), BBT and TTH town, none at the stage where I'd completely bank on them though, really need more content and real thoughts and reads in this thread. Want to have T->S sorted properly soon.

Aeronaut; If you found BBT refraining from outting token usage as scummy in a) Why did you not move your vote to him and/or b) Out your own?

Zach; Empire wanted me to state that he agrees with you entirely in regards to disliking BBTs , I'm not reading it that way though and expect this whole "That's wifom or meta" ect. from him, fairly positive I'll be able to get a strong read on him as the game progresses, have a p high accuracy when it comes to reading him and am leaning towards town at the moment largely for his interactions with Psyche and push on Llama. Join us on Elk, there's cookies.

TTH; Can you explain what you're referring to with "general game dynamics" in for me please.

CES; Empire wants to know you were so forthcoming on the cheery read as that's not how he remembers you being generally especially in the early game.

Anak; Would like some reasoning or explanation behind your reads list in specifically the reads on BTT, Oversoul, Llama and CES.

Llama; Know your super-early game reads do have reasoning behind them, would appreciate you not ignoring me and actually running me through the thought process behind having Oversoul and Psyche as town to begin with (Even if the reads have changed), you not going through that's about the only hesitation I've on in calling you a strong town read (Though Empire is p positive you're town here via content, level of thought and reaction to Anaks suspicion of you).

In post 147, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Assuming Empire still reads too many games, I wouldn't mind having a rough guide as to how good at scum each member of our player list is.

He wanted me to say he doesn't read games anymore due to lack of time and he's unfamiliar with a large portion of the rosters meta.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:24 pm

Post by ika »

cheery: top 3 scum reads and top 2 town reads with no reason
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:39 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think I've found enough town in anybody yet to do that. At least not until you asked. At this stage I think Pysche and Aeronaut.

Scum reads are probably Llama, BBT and elk.

Vote would probably be on Llama, but it's waiting on what may happen with his push on me before it's placed.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 161, Regfan wrote:CES; Empire wants to know you were so forthcoming on the cheery read as that's not how he remembers you being generally especially in the early game.

It all just felt relevant. I also think I've probably grown a bit less concise over the course of the last year or so.

In post 147, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Assuming Empire still reads too many games, I wouldn't mind having a rough guide as to how good at scum each member of our player list is.

He wanted me to say he doesn't read games anymore due to lack of time and he's unfamiliar with a large portion of the rosters meta.[/quote]
I figured afterwards that that was likely to be the case.

Aeronaut, can you have Cabd give me the information that I want?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:45 pm

I'd like reasoning for those reads, Cheery.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:00 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 158, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Show me scum hunting from that post that relates to those reads I just gave.

you are playing dumb now
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:01 am

Simple question;

Show me the scum-hunting that relates to those reads.

Stop dodging.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:10 am

Post by Psyche »

It's a stupid question. 136 is all scum-hunting. It's a direct counterexample to your claim.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:12 am

No, it isn't.

136 is a reads list. The reads I selected and presented to you are based on the potential use of tokens (Regfan, Zach and CD)

You said I was strawmanning. I asked you to show me where the scum-hunting was that lead to those reads.

So, show me.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:40 am

Post by Psyche »

dear god
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:41 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 136, Llamarble wrote:I've admittedly been a little more manipulative this game than usual, but I there's anymore benefit to be had from that.
Felt weird voting Psyche for the sake of doing something while I waited for CD to post. Patience is hard.

TOWN:
Llamarble

Regfan - He hasn't really done anything yet but 2 town tokens :doubles: his chance of being town.
Zach - I expect at least one token from him as well. Town are more likely to see their targets as 'squirming.'

BBT - Confidence, readiness to change direction. #84 particularly solid.
ika - Attitude, 'Elk is prob scum for calling me town.'

Oversoul - Followed a reasonable path so far.
TTH - 81, 135 are both moves in the right direction.

CES - 44 & 128 are solid but within scumrange.
Psyche - Pretty much content-free.
Elk - Kinda has the figuring out the game tone but he hasn't really bitten in, works with Cheery, and mostly speaks in generalities.
Ankamius - All he's provided is a low-relevance vote.
Aeronaut - seemed kinda town on a previous readthrough but works just fine as scum.

Cheery Dog - A scum token makes you twice as likely to be scum as a random person. This is sufficient to lynch barring impressive play I haven't seen yet. I don't think CD realized how strong the tokens are.
:SCUM

VOTE: Cheery Dog

I'm kind of tired so I may have derped some of these, but this is round 0.5 I guess.

see lines mentioning players of interest
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 107, Llamarble wrote:
In post 89, Psyche wrote:the meta changes nothing

i understand the virtue of Llamarble and CES's early game procedure
but at the moment it all seems rather mechanical
there's nothing to read in it

tth is more town than scum for following up on my gasp

ika is so ika and i'm very unhappy about that but ambivalent about the thing that matters

aero, oversoul, zach are all in the same bunch in my head
reg and elk in another
llamarble and ces in a third

someone will ask what the bunches mean!
please know that i'm not sure
none are quite town or scumreads, though

Honestly the way you're processing the game sounds like scum figuring out what everyone is doing so they can decide how to play rather than town figuring out who is scum.

VOTE: Psyche

In post 116, Llamarble wrote:Elk, what is your opinion of Cheery Dog? Also, why would an analysis of the votes for ika take a long time? There are like 100 posts in this thread and only 4 votes for ika.

In post 130, Llamarble wrote:
In post 128, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:'Marble, why aren't you voting Cheery Dog? You must know this Psyche-thing is kind of weak given that he's being perfectly open about it.

Nacho assigns Cheery Dog some townpoints for admitting he took a scum token. I'd like to hear more from CD.
Who are Cheery's buddies?

In post 138, Llamarble wrote:Maybe he didn't understand how hard it's going to be for us to justify lynching anyone other than him today with this information in play.
Maybe he was concerned people wouldn't believe him if he didn't claim his token and wanted to get in front of the problem, hoping to be townread for doing so.
Cheery Dog is currently ~twice as likely as any other player in this game to be scum. He better do some impressive things if he doesn't want to die.

In post 79, Llamarble wrote:
In post 38, Psyche wrote:yknow
i've never played a game with ika where he wasn't lynched

I've never played a game with ika where he wasn't killed night 1.

Regfan has some townpoints for token-reasons, but neither Regfan nor CES has towned very hard yet.

I have no objections to BBT so far.

In post 76, Llamarble wrote:
In post 23, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 18, Llamarble wrote:But is he always dunk?

Ika is scum with Cheery Dog. Doesn't matter who the third one is. Zach Oversoul Psyche can be town.

This seems like good reads for now.

VOTE: ika

This seems inattentive. How come a list including you-scum is good?

In post 50, Cheery Dog wrote:
In post 43, Regfan wrote:"Cheery may have used a scum token"

I'll solve this question for you, I did attempt to use a scum token, still rolled town.

What do you think you'd have said regarding this had you rolled scum?

In post 28, Llamarble wrote:You are welcome to self-vote.

Where are Regfan and CES?

In post 24, Oversoul wrote:
That is an odd response

And?

why not just reiterate llama's entire iso?
your strawman is a strawman
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:45 am

You think quoting the whole post changes anything?

Jesus Christ.

I'm going to make this easier for you.
In post 136, Psyche wrote:
Regfan - He hasn't really done anything yet but 2 town tokens :doubles: his chance of being town.

You see this read? It states Regfan '
hasn't really done anything
' but
two town tokens
make him
more likely to be town

Now, show me the
scum hunting
not token speculation
scum hunting
that lends itself to this read on Regfan.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:46 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 165, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'd like reasoning for those reads, Cheery.

Maybe eventually, right now I don't consider them worth having reasoning.

I don't even think the reasoning on you is a thing anymore, i was earlier, but rechecking means it's just there as something I considered rather than useful.
It was the way in which you asked for more votes on ika, but that's rather null.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”