vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:45 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

@tammy: What do you think of shadoweh?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:46 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Package from Tiershift
:
Ffery, Tier's telling me that he wants to work off of your reads to get a feel for this game. He wanted me to ask you why you're reading vezok as scum? Like if you can elaborate on it and stuff.
Tier's also saying that GiF's play isn't striking him as all that different from his play in the Tarot Upick that you modded and he was hoping you could talk at/with him about your townread on him.
He's also not really feeling scumUT from what he's seen. Which makes me sad. :c

Catching up now.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:47 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 700, vezokpiraka wrote:@tammy: What do you think of shadoweh?

Heading to work. Need to think about that one.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:50 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

vezok wrote:I'm getting scummy vibes from tammy. It might be jsut her excitement, but something is weird.
I know this is from a while back, but vezok, can you talk about why you were getting scummy vibes from tammy and whether you still are?
Can you also possibly elaborate a little more on why you're townreading Empire?
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:05 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

@UT
, Why aren't you baning someone? Who are you scumreading?

@Bulba
, what do you make of Empire/Empire's wall thus far? Do you take anything from his replace in?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:07 am

Post by Espeonage »

In post 698, Tammy wrote:Why are you trying to calm me down if you think I'm scum? Wouldn't I be faking my agitation in that case?

I have no idea what you mean by "as picked up by empire".

Dude, I don't know if you are scum. If you are town then there is no way I want to sever ties with you. This is going to be a long game, and we're going to need to be working together at some point over the course of this.
Don't @ me.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:11 am

Post by T S O »

vezok, I don't understand why you're so confident in this being town-Empire, not where your miraculous ability to read him and confidence in that stems from.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:20 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 701, Cheetory6 wrote:
Package from Tiershift
:
Ffery, Tier's telling me that he wants to work off of your reads to get a feel for this game. He wanted me to ask you why you're reading vezok as scum? Like if you can elaborate on it and stuff.
Tier's also saying that GiF's play isn't striking him as all that different from his play in the Tarot Upick that you modded and he was hoping you could talk at/with him about your townread on him.
He's also not really feeling scumUT from what he's seen. Which makes me sad. :c

Catching up now.

This is probably going to be a really long day, and I may not have much time to post in the next 12 hours or so.

Vezok read has changed. We think he's town.

I read GiF based partly on how he forms his own reads (including if and how he goes about sorting me, which has been short circuited in this game). There are some minor things that I want to think a little more about, but I'm still townreading him.

I would probably have entirely backed off my UT read if it were not for his attack of amnesia. I indicated already that the read had moved townward.

I won't be softening my stance on Empire unless the gestalt consensus is that he's town. I'm very concerned about getting that read right and fully understanding the motivations for the replacement.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 am

Post by Titus »

@Bulbazak, So InuYasha is wrong then? I recall you lurking through that.

@Vezok, Why is this town empire?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:25 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 672, Empire wrote:

Gamma:
To sum it up as best I can, Gamma's posts (when they actually come) are too focused on mechanics talk and very little in the way of genuine scumhunting. Even the reads in posts like #614 have surface level reasons and padded with more mechanics talk. Tonally, he comes off as distant and dispassionate, and the overall activity level is poor (something that Regfan told me is in line with his scum meta although I will confirm it for myself later). Overall, dude reads like scum mailing it in.

Feel like I should point out that the day has been open for a grand total of 3 days and some hours at this point, one of which I had real life things happening after work so implying that I'm scum intentionally trying to lurk through everything is a little silly. Also have plans on Thursday that'll from prevent me from posting much, if at all, then but I'll have plenty of time tonight to go into stuff.
You're not wrong about me not having much scumhunting yet, trying to read people based on mechanics talk isn't something I think is reliable or worth delving into very hard and we're just now getting into the part of the game have opinions on people for actual things that they've done instead of what theories they have about the setup.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:38 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Bane: Gamma

Incentive.
Play the game and stop talking about yourself/mechanics. You're not giving anywhere near enough townie vibes to get away with playing like this.
We get it, you don't have much time. You should be spending what time you have reading/talking about other people instead of defending yourself.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:39 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 22 (Minor Day 1, VC 22)

Bane:
Target player's Sign is revealed.

(5)
Empire
: Tammy, Bulbazak, Titus, GuyInFreezer, Marquis
(Shadoweh)
[L-5]
(4)
Gammagooey:
ActionDan, vezokpiraka, Empire, Cheetory6
(Marquis)

(3)
Bulbazak:
DeasVail, Gammagooey, Shadoweh
(2)
vezokpiraka:
T S O, ChannelDelibird
(1)
Titus:
mastin2
(0)
Untrod Tripod:
(Cheetory6)

(4)
No Bane Vote:
Antihero, Aronis, Espeonage, Untrod Tripod
(Empire)

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to Bane. Deadline is Sunday, April 5th at 9 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-05 21:00:00)

Aronis has been prodded.

mastin2 may be V/LA in the near future.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:43 am

Post by Titus »

I agree with Cheetory.

We need to get this bane moving so we can get a boon on. My vote will be on whichever is higher of the top theree.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:44 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

So random iso of cdb shows me that he've been focused with non-read stuff and the closest thing he has as a read is a null read on Vezok who he's baning.
I don't mind that slot eating rope.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:44 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also I get a day off tomorrow so I'll be here all day tomorrow (I had Friday off too but I got called in :< )
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:50 am

Post by Titus »

While discussing scheduling, Saturday afternoons and nights are dungeons and dragons.

I may have to prep a trial this weekend. I will let you know today.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:50 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

In post 703, Cheetory6 wrote:
vezok wrote:I'm getting scummy vibes from tammy. It might be jsut her excitement, but something is weird.
I know this is from a while back, but vezok, can you talk about why you were getting scummy vibes from tammy and whether you still are?
Can you also possibly elaborate a little more on why you're townreading Empire?

I'm not sure I can put it into words. I've played some games with tammy and she's more reserved as town. I'm not sure if reserved is the right adjective. At the beginning she seemed way too excited. The read changed to null right now though.

As for Empire: No.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:53 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

In post 658, Shadoweh wrote:
Bane: Bulbazak

Hey Bulba. Why are you picking a fight with Deasvail if you think he's one of the most obvtown players in the game?

:neutral:
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:28 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 700, vezokpiraka wrote:@tammy: What do you think of shadoweh?

I'm not sure. I'm not the best at reading Shadoweh, but I did find it weird she said she was ignoring me because I seemed the same as my scum game, and then when I pressed her about it couldn't actually explain it and seemed to contradict herself on it. I don't think my beginning was anything similar to my scum game so that makes me confused. But when I pressed her about it, she said I was behaving in line with my town self, but that pressing is something I could easily do and mimic as scum. So that's a bit confusing, but she sometimes is very contradictory and doesn't really explain herself very well and then gets frustrated when she's not explaining herself and people are confused, so I dunno. The point that LLD thinks I'm scummy too feels weird in the whole avoiding me thing as I do think if she was scum reading me, and her team was, then there would be some point brought up against me. I said that LLD couldn't read me and while I do think that's true I'm realizing that we've only played one game together where we were both town, I think, but she also couldn't read me in a Skype game, which I wouldn't typically think was applicable to forum games but she suspected me for a typical behavior of mine that transcends the medium.

I would have been interested if she said GreyIce found me scummy because I think he does have a better ability to read me. We haven't played a ton of games together, but were masons recently so he has a pretty good idea of how I look at things as town, and in TM2012 when he played with me for the first time I was impressed at his really accurate analysis of my personality and how I would think about scum/town. (I'm just realizing that Deltawave is on their team and he was my teammate during that game. Now that was some beautiful scum theater!)

I kinda found her jump onto and off of Zar/Empire weird. The reasoning that I'm gathering for her jump onto bulbazack doesn't make much sense. I don't know why she doesn't want to discuss the bane/no bane thing because I do think it's somewhat similar in theory as the remove metal thing from serum and steel and was kind of expecting to see her take a similar stance. And while she did go in detail on Skype because we hydrad she was the one who made the argument we shouldn't remove metal day one. So to see her not take a stance was a bit weird.

I kinda liked her let's policy lynch everyone who likes scum though. All in all I'm not sure.

Regarding me being reserved or excited. I'm very temperamental and my mood dictates my play. I was happy and relieved to draw town here, but I don't even think I was all that excited sounding the day the game started. I was rather hungover and trying to finalize my dissertation. I felt like I sounded out of it. :/
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 am

Post by Tammy »

vezok - you should talk to BBMolla about me if you're not sure what kind of attitudes I have as town v scum.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:39 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 705, Espeonage wrote:
In post 698, Tammy wrote:Why are you trying to calm me down if you think I'm scum? Wouldn't I be faking my agitation in that case?

I have no idea what you mean by "as picked up by empire".

Dude, I don't know if you are scum. If you are town then there is no way I want to sever ties with you. This is going to be a long game, and we're going to need to be working together at some point over the course of this.

Well then if you are town and you'll want to work with me, can you actually interact with me and get a better read on me. Your concerns are misplaced.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:52 am

Post by zoraster »

TellTaleHeart (White Flag) will switch with Antihero (Large Theme) for Team Marshmallow Pillow Fort
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:54 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Switcheroo everywhere
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:55 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

Hi everybody, I was at about page 10 when I left off. Can someone tell me how the UT wagon fell apart?
Bane: UT
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:58 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Probably a lack of the necessary number of dumb people

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”