Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 82, Save The Dragons wrote:@Fenchurch: I feel that there is much discussion about what I think about that post that would just be irrelevant. So what do you think about my decision to die roll?

I really am curious what you've gained from asking me about it.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:18 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 96, Trojan Horse wrote:Fenchurch, a message from my team: Tammy wants you to clarify your scum read on Jason.

First, similar to Thor - the switching from one random vote to another random vote seemed awkward and unnatural. Then, his subsequent posts are fairly wordy but lacking any depth or insight into the game, e.g. asking other people who they think is scummy or why (e.g. "What exactly feels fake?" - about a five-word post!), voting people for reasons like 'not moving the game forward' and 'refusing to give opinions'.

Then CES asked me who I'd just voted, and when I told him, he said that jason was also his scum-read from this game, and that jason's play seemed like typical rusty scum, i.e. someone who hasn't played scum in a while. Hence my asking when his last scum game was.

(I also found the idea of the question funny, because it reminded me of the "this is only my second scumgame" moment and, you never know… ;))

Save The Dragons wrote:I really am curious what you've gained from asking me about it.

I think that your reasons for doing something that is commonly thought of as anti-town would be different depending on whether you knew this or not. Understanding someone's mindset is useful to to determining their alignment. In this case, your answer didn't ring especially scummy or towny to me, but that doesn't mean the question wasn't worth asking.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:20 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

EBWOP:
In post 101, Fenchurch wrote:the switching from one random vote to another random vote,
within the same post
, seemed awkward and unnatural.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:59 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Limited Access until Sunday (4/5)

I should still post, but it'll be very sporadic. I may or may not be able to catch up tonight depending on the fact that I'm about to pass out any second now.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:37 pm

Post by pieguyn »

town: STD, SK, maybe Fenchurch, maybe Boon

scum: Mala, jason

don't like jason, primarily for reasons everyone else explained already. there's not much effort here to actually extract information from, or push any of his reads - there was no follow-up on the Micc push and the only really pointed question is him poking at SK for not explaining himself, which isn't intrinsically scummy.

getting a similar vibe from Mala. most of what she's posting comes off really neutral and I think her stance on Micc () is hypocritical - she calls him out for taking jabs but not interacting, when he for the most part was and she explicitly unvotes in that post (her vote was supposed to be on Micc) without making much of a hard push on him. I also think "you've never played with me before" () is a really easy throwaway excuse for scum to use when they want an easy way out of pressure.

Mara has a scum read on Thor. I don't particularly agree at this point, but I'll work it out later.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:35 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Good answers from Micc and Fenchurch.

I agree with the whole "Jason might be rusty scum" idea. That first post does look that way. By the way: my opening vote on Jason was because of his awesome scumplay during the last Team Mafia. I figured if he is scum, we'd have a hard time figuring it out unless we pressure him right away. Maybe he didn't need so much pressure after all.

My vote stays.

My upcoming schedule: I'm off work from 4/3 until 4/12. (Easter break.) It'll be easier for me to keep up at that point.
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:55 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 97, DeltaWave wrote:VOTE: Egg

Was that an RVS-type vote, or a vote based on suspicion?
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:12 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 76, sthar8 wrote:Hooray! I'll read up tonight after work. Or maybe today during work. Don't tell my boss.

24 hours later...........

In post 106, Trojan Horse wrote:

2nd this question.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:14 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 104, pieguyn wrote:
Mara has a scum read on Thor. I don't particularly agree at this point, but I'll work it out later.

Can you summerise why Mara has the scum read?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:20 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.3:

jasonT1981 (4)-
Trojan Horse, Thor665, Micc, Fenchurch
Pieguyn (1)-
Boonskiies
SleepyKrew (1)-
jasonT1981
Egg (1)-
Deltawave

Not Voting (6)-
Pieguyn, sthar8, SleepyKrew, Egg, Malakittens Save The Dragons

The deadline is at 6pm on Tuesday 14th April 2015. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Trans rights are human rights.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:24 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 107, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 76, sthar8 wrote:Hooray! I'll read up tonight after work. Or maybe today during work. Don't tell my boss.

24 hours later...........

In post 106, Trojan Horse wrote:

2nd this question.

Holy crap do you always try this hard to appear useful?
To be clear: quack
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:26 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Holy Crap, given your postings, I could ask the same of you.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:39 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Damn, ya got me.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:00 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

When I was born, my family was healthy. My father had his own roofing company, my mother was the head secretary at the local dentistry office, and my older brother had just entered the first grade. But when I turned 12, things took a nasty turn. I was supposed to be holding the ladder steady, but I got distracted. You see, I was always more of a creative type than a worker. So when that butterfly's wings got caught in the sunlight at a right angle, I couldn't help but notice. I became mesmerized. First, I forgot that I was holding the latter. Then I stopped holding it. And that's how my dad threw out his back. I could hear him muttering under his breath after he hit the ground. "
Useless
," he kept saying. It was a relief when the pain finally caught up to him. It made him shut up. But the damage was done: to his body, to his career, to the business, and to my psyche. My brother took my father's place as head of the company. My mother kept getting promoted, earning bigger offices and bigger salaries. But I continued to be
useless
. They used to all just think it. Look at him. Look at the money sink. He takes, but he does not give. I was the only non-provider in the house. Even my dad was bringing in some money with his new court reporting job. This man had gone from illiteracy to court reporting in the span of seven months, but still I continued to be
useless
. The day I turned 16, I decided to start earning my keep. I spent all day driving around town, trying to figure out how I would help out and what supplies I'd need. When I got home that night, the house was ablaze. All three of them had died while I was out dilly-dallying. I've never told anyone this before, but it was my turn to change the smoke detector's batteries. But I forgot.
Useless.
That's why... that's why I try so hard. I want to be useful, or at least to be perceived as such by somebody.
Anybody.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:43 am

Post by Egg »

[quote="In post 108, jasonT1981"][/quote]

^I was just gonna ask that. Cheet said something similar in my team's PT, but it sounds gut based.

Also, it looks like this game is moving at a slow enough pace for the effects of my V/LA to be pretty minimal here. So there's that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:44 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Apologies all, had a last minute thing pop up on me.

@Mod - V/LA till sometime Friday-ish April 4th

p. 3
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:36 pm

Post by Egg »

What the hell happened to that quote lol
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 114, Egg wrote:Also, it looks like this game is moving at a slow enough pace for the effects of my V/LA to be pretty minimal here. So there's that.

I'm surprised at that. I was thinking this game would be as chaotic as the Large Theme, and I'd be struggling to keep up (except for my time off). Apparently not.

pieguyn, Tammy wants you to explain your Jason-scumread some more.

Jason, how do you feel about this wagon against you? Obviously, you're going to say "it's wrong, I'm town", but what do you think about the people on the bandwagon?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 63, Boonskiies wrote:what the heck? we're all just unvoting out of RVS already? And why is their a wagon on Micc?

We've been out of RVS.

In post 65, Fenchurch wrote:Yayyyyyy! :)

reads:
SleepyKrew - prob town
Thor - maybe town
jason - maybe scum
Mala - maybe scum

not being read yet:
Micc
Egg
Dragons
Trojan Horse

not posted yet:
Pieguy
sthar
Delta
Boon

VOTE: jason

Save The Dragons, there's a reasonably established argument that dice-voting in RVS is anti-town.
Were you aware of this already?
What do you think of it?

I'd be interested in this "scumread" you got on me actually. If you could flesh that out it would be grand.

In post 67, Save The Dragons wrote:I am sorry, Malakittens. I'm not trying to be belligerent, I'm trying to clarify what I meant.

My games as of late have been characterized of me being angry and fighting people and it has made me feel a lot worse about myself as a person. I do not appreciate being talked down to. It is clear we are not jiving, Thor, but if you are town I would appreciate you pack up the attitude if you are unable to understand me.

I didn't see any of your posts as belligerent. So no apologizes needed. I just wanted clarification on some things and I got them, thank you~.
In post 68, Boonskiies wrote:Alright. That makes me feel better. ^ For some reason I thought Jason was already slipping through cracks. Also...I forgot to do my RVS...

VOTE: Pieguyn

Let's please be both town this time...haha. I don't want to have to deal with you being scum.

I'm not really sure why, but I don't like this, although, it's not where it's super scummy persay. It just might be because some players, such as me, believe we are out of RVS so trying to draw back in feels off. Is there any comments that you would like to make in regards of current happenings in thread?

In post 84, jasonT1981 wrote:Actually

vote: SK

While I do not see the initial posts as scum or scum motivated. The avoidance of giving any opinion of his own is telling

I dislike this post a lot though.

Jason can you clarify that you don't believe SK is posting scummy or even scum motivated then why are you voting him? It seems like you are trying to call for a policy lynch on SK more than anything else.

In post 92, Fenchurch wrote:
In post 81, SleepyKrew wrote:
In post 65, Fenchurch wrote:SleepyKrew - prob town

Why?

I think your opening post of just 'Greetings', and your stubbornness in subsequent posts implies a position of confidence and ease, and I associate these things with town.

It's also possible that you are especially confident and at ease with being scum, and/or that you know these things will cause some players to town-read you, but it's more than nothing.

I think this is just SK in general. (I<3youSK) From talking to him on skype he like being stubborn, but is a damn good friend when you need him. This is mostly a null-tell IMO rather than a town/scum leaning thing.

In post 93, Egg wrote:Mala, what is your read on Thor?

Not sure I like STD's... would you call it pre-OMGUS? He basically implies that if Thor votes him soon, he's scum.

The high percentage of dice talk in Fenchurch's posts feels weird too.

I'm probably going to ask my teammates for help with Thor. I haven't been able to read thor correctly in past games and I'm trying to see if maybe Iec or AD has more experience in trying to spot Thor-scum or Thor-town. He's just one of the players that I always can never get a handle on.

In post 96, Trojan Horse wrote:I didn't mean that one person not doing RVS prevents the team from scumhunting. I meant that doing RVS helps the team scumhunt, and not helping the team scumhunt is scummy.

Fenchurch, a message from my team: Tammy wants you to clarify your scum read on Jason.

Malakittens, who are you intending to vote right now? You voted SK, then voted micc, then unvoted SK. :?:

Micc, you said your vote on Jason was a "sheep vote". What do you think about Jason now?

Yeah this is why I shouldn't post until I got my full attention on the game. I was posting at work in the morning and then went home for a lunch break and I forgot I had voted Micc. My mind thought I still had my RVS-SK vote on.

VOTE: Micc
In post 104, pieguyn wrote:town: STD, SK, maybe Fenchurch, maybe Boon

scum: Mala, jason
getting a similar vibe from Mala. most of what she's posting comes off really neutral and I think her stance on Micc () is hypocritical - she calls him out for taking jabs but not interacting, when he for the most part was and she explicitly unvotes in that post (her vote was supposed to be on Micc) without making much of a hard push on him. I also think "you've never played with me before" () is a really easy throwaway excuse for scum to use when they want an easy way out of pressure.

Re: vote thing read above. I was interacting with players, whereas, Micc wasn't IMO.

First off nice misrep Pie. I didn't have any "pressure" on me when I posted "You've never played with me before" I was trying to interact with STD in regards to a comment that he made about Micc and regarding SK-RVS. So I don't see how I was using that as an excuse out of anything. My comment about never playing with me before was I wasn't RVS to just chain RVS or because of his dice roll, but I RVS'd SK because he was a player I enjoyed talking too outside of ms. I tend to RVS in that mindset than random RVS etc.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 107, jasonT1981 wrote:24 hours later...........

I am
sincerely
sorry that I didn't anticipate your exceptional need for my attention. I
deeply
regret any suffering you have endured while longing for my hand in yours. I
profoundly
wish that I could turn back the clock and eschew sleep, work, and my other obligations in order to sate your burning desire to feel my lips on your skin.

I have let down my family, my friends, and the sport of golf.

Hopefully I'll be home in an hour and a half.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:44 pm

Post by Malakittens »

SK WHY ARE YOU BEING SO CRYPTIC?

;-;
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:46 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Am I?
I was totally going to give you hearts in my next post, but then I saw sthar's post and absolutely HAD to Mary Jane.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 122, SleepyKrew wrote:Am I?
I was totally going to give you hearts in my next post, but then I saw sthar's post and absolutely HAD to Mary Jane.

I don't know I expected you to call bullshit on Jason's post/vote in regards to you, but you didn't.

I mean I'm thinking you might be town, mostly gut, but my teammates agree with it. It would be nice if you like did something, anything?

SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:58 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Well I'm waiting on my teammates to get back to me with any jason meta they might have (anyone else is free to contribute too!) about if he actually tries to pass off irrelevant crap as useful as scum or town or both or whatever. Then I'm going to give Trojan Horse a thorough lookover.

I don't see the rush though? Are you trying to get me super spammy?

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”