Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:47 am

Post by Titus »

In post 754, ChannelDelibird wrote:Diving into this now. Empire, CES says to tell you that if you'd like to suggest an alternative hard-to-read player than lurky vezok, that'd be fine too. As far as my own experience with vezok goes, the only one I remember is a game in which I was scum so didn't have to read him. So I've pretty much accepted CES's description at face value, having no reason not to do so.

Also, the Black Goo are agreed that Baning Empire is a bad idea and that you should all stop. I like all of the other currently voted-for options better.

Lurky Vezok, what? I disagree with his positions but calling him lurky is wrong.

@Tammy/Empire, I want to solve you two and not have any more Tammy v Empire fighting. If you are both town, we cannot afford in fighting. If one or either of you is scum, we need it resolved so the gamestate does not stagnate. If you're down, I would like to do socratic method with you both.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 774, Empire wrote:Uh, have you spoken to your team about me (#754 implies that you have)? Because I find it very hard to believe that a guy who (probably still) believes I have no scum game suspects me in this game.

I hadn't brought up your slot at all to my team-mates prior to that post. CES told me to address you on that point, so I did. He actually hasn't had much of a stance on your alignment yet, but he's less leery of your swap with Zar than I am. (Like Fenchurch, he's not had a comprehensive read of the game.)

My impression was that the inevitable mechanics discussion was not going to prevent you from doing your own thing and that you were going to treat this like the average game in the beginning despite the Team Mafia aspect.

With the Bane rather than a vote, I don't think there's more that I could have done that would be more like a normal opening for me. I'd typically look at who 'randomly' votes for who and make some early moves based on that, but the change to Baning means that the same principles can't necessarily be applied, hence making the early theory discussion more important.

I don't remember how you tended to act as town in mechanics-heavy games specifically but I'll look some of this up when I'm not feeling like a zombie.

I doubt that you'd get many researchable games for this. I wouldn't normally sign up for a game with as many mechanical deviations as this. I'm here because I'm the member of my team happiest to deal with the number of players involved.
#greenshirtthursdays
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:50 am

Post by T S O »

Has Patrick read the game, or are you the only member of the Black Goo caught up right now?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 774, Empire wrote:Re: ffery's #760 - I can definitely understand the approach to Tammy and that's part of the reason why I'm more than willing to give her space right now (I know I definitely benefited from the shitstorm when I was scum in Marketplace III). If you want to talk about reads, could you tell me pretty much everything Llamarble has on this game? (Nacho, too, I guess, but that depends on where he is with his process).

llamarble hasn't commented much about the game yet. I'll convey your interest in his thoughts.

Nacho has been more in the moment. One of the reasons I've been somewhat slow about semaphoring reads changes is because we're still in discussion on a couple things. I'll probably be posting a big ol reads list update tonight sometime.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:56 am

In post 775, Titus wrote:Lurky Vezok, what? I disagree with his positions but calling him lurky is wrong.

CES's words, not mine, and I think he meant on a more general scale rather than in this game specifically. I don't have enough experience with vezok either way to agree or disagree with such a description.

PEDIT @TSO: Patrick has skimmed some but not all of this game, and not any of the recent pages. His main observation is that Tammy looks town but that her push on Zar is a little overblown. I am the only member of my team who has read the thread in full.
#greenshirtthursdays
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:07 am

Post by T S O »

In post 657, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 402, T S O wrote:
Am I the only one who finds Bulbazak's thought process here bizarre as fuck?

Bulba: "oh I'm mad that I made a post and hito locked the thread"
GIF: "you should have used the Back button"
Bulba: "meh didn't want it anyway"

Surely there'd be better ways to do this as scum, if I'd even say such a thing in the first place. Such a comment is guaranteed to draw attention. Focusing on such statements as a basis for a scum lean is also just silly.

But this post doesn't actually address any of my concerns about what is, to my eyes right now, you straight-up lying for no good reason.

"Surely there'd be better ways to do this as scum" - Sure. The point remains you did it. Scum don't play optimally 100% of the time.
"if I'd even say such a thing in the first place" - Well, that's irrelevant, seeing as you -did- say it.
"Such a comment is guaranteed to draw attention." - Yes, correct, but this is
still
pointing out simple logic rather than addressing anything.
"Focusing on such statements as a basis for a scum lean is also just silly" - Why is this? This is the only thing you said that has any relevance to my point.

I still don't understand why you made a post, then didn't post it, then moaned about not being able to even though it was easily retrievable with one click. I'm starting to believe this post never existed, because if it did, then your actions are so incredibly illogical that it's physically not believable for me.

So the only real question I have left to ask after this post is ...why are you lying to us? Because scum in a game like this really, really don't want to admit that they were caught in a lie, and your reaction fits that pretty well.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Empire
Empire
Mafia Scum
Empire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:07 am

Post by Empire »

ffery, Regfan just popped and I'm talking with him right now. He wants me to ask you to explain your strong townread (and Nacho's if he has one) on Titus because he definitely doesn't see it.

Titus, maybe later (although thanks for the law school flashbacks).
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 775, Titus wrote:@Tammy/Empire, I want to solve you two and not have any more Tammy v Empire fighting. If you are both town, we cannot afford in fighting. If one or either of you is scum, we need it resolved so the gamestate does not stagnate. If you're down, I would like to do socratic method with you both.

oh get over yourself

you're not going to figure out their alignments with any real degree of certainty right now

and trying to play peacemaker is just part of the shell game you're trying to set up to have people depend on you

igmeoy
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 am

@Aronis:
Hi.
#greenshirtthursdays
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 775, Titus wrote:
@Tammy/Empire, I want to solve you two and not have any more Tammy v Empire fighting. If you are both town, we cannot afford in fighting. If one or either of you is scum, we need it resolved so the gamestate does not stagnate. If you're down, I would like to do socratic method with you both.

Not sure what exactly you're getting at, and no offense but no. Empire and I will figure each other out in our own manner and time. And there are only a handful of people I trust enough to understand both me and Empire to figure out this in a way that is meaningful and I'd trust. Two of those are his teammates, and one is reading me as scum for some reason. Faraday's not playing. Nacho and ffery are playing, and they'll be who I depend on to balance out my thoughts and suspicions or lack thereof.

~~~

I'm not sure what to think about a couple of people who should be able to read me easily and see me as town apparently are not, while people I thought would suspect me or not have a read on me are not suspecting me. It feels tres weird.

I have a suspicion I'm working on, but I hope to see something tonight that will tip me one way or the other.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:25 am

Post by Titus »

In post 782, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 775, Titus wrote:@Tammy/Empire, I want to solve you two and not have any more Tammy v Empire fighting. If you are both town, we cannot afford in fighting. If one or either of you is scum, we need it resolved so the gamestate does not stagnate. If you're down, I would like to do socratic method with you both.

oh get over yourself

you're not going to figure out their alignments with any real degree of certainty right now

and trying to play peacemaker is just part of the shell game you're trying to set up to have people depend on you

igmeoy

Wow..you wonder why I do not like you. Yes I am capable of figuring out alugnments. I have my own way of tackling things.This is another example of you saying pointlessly controversial things.

The last thing I want is the game in my hands. I want this set up so that I am not depended on but we reach a resolution.

I don't think anyone is going to depend on me in a) early game or b) a behavioral read without loads of justification and planning based on setup. I don't like games where people depend on me. That is why I hate obvtown games.

What about that post made you think I was making myself seem important?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:36 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 25 (Minor Day 1, VC 25)

Bane:
Target player's Sign is revealed.

(5)
Empire
: Bulbazak, Titus, GuyInFreezer, Marquis, Untrod Tripod [L-5]
(4)
Bulbazak:
DeasVail, Gammagooey, Shadoweh, Cheetory6
(3)
Gammagooey:
ActionDan, vezokpiraka, Empire
(Cheetory6)

(2)
vezokpiraka:
T S O, ChannelDelibird
(1)
Titus:
mastin2

(4)
No Bane Vote:
Aronis, Espeonage, TellTaleHeart, Tammy

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to Bane. Deadline is Sunday, April 5th at 9 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-05 21:00:00)

mastin2 may be V/LA in the near future.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 781, Empire wrote:ffery, Regfan just popped and I'm talking with him right now. He wants me to ask you to explain your strong townread (ahnd Nacho's if he has one) on Titus because he definitely doesn't see it.

Titus, maybe later (although thanks for the law school flashbacks).

I don't want to talk about Titus in detail right now. I'll definitely talk about her in a few calendar days. I'm townbinning her for now mostly based on her expressions of frustration and how she's adapting and working around stuff that was frustrating. Nacho pointed out post as something he thought was more likely to come from town-Titus than from scum-Titus.

Idic
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by T S O »

The only scenario where I don't want to Bane Bulbazak is the one where we're lynching him instead.
-Marquis
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Titus »

@CDB, Did you ever answer 129? There's an inherent condtradiction between baning the scummiest player and protecting who we bane. Not sure if you answered that but looking through my ISO to see 148 reminded me of that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Empire can you explain more about why Regfan is scumreading Tammy?

Idic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 788, T S O wrote:The only scenario where I don't want to Bane Bulbazak is the one where we're lynching him instead.

My team has talked a little about my tunnelling and this looks problematic tunnelly. By shutting down and declaring all plans must assume Bulba is scum, you shut him out. If he's town, that's bad for obvious reasons. If he's scum, he won't post and give relative information.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:42 pm

In post 400, ChannelDelibird wrote:
In post 129, fferyllt wrote:
In post 14, ChannelDelibird wrote:Right. Whoever gets Baned can (and probably should) be protected.

What was your thought process here?

People who have their Sign made public by Baning are obvious targets for investigative abilities, which are only powerful if the scum are narrowing down by killing elsewhere. That was my thought process at the time; I'm reevaluating at the moment.

I answered 129 here, Titus. However, note that I have never said that we should Bane the scummiest player. I think we should Bane somebody whom we are not reading clearly either way.
#greenshirtthursdays
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 785, Titus wrote:
In post 782, Untrod Tripod wrote:

oh get over yourself

igmeoy

Wow..you wonder why I do not like you. Yes I am capable of figuring out alugnments. I have my own way of tackling things.This is another example of you saying pointlessly controversial things.

The last thing I want is the game in my hands. I want this set up so that I am not depended on but we reach a resolution.

I don't think anyone is going to depend on me in a) early game or b) a behavioral read without loads of justification and planning based on setup. I don't like games where people depend on me. That is why I hate obvtown games.

What about that post made you think I was making myself seem important?

by making yourself an integral part of the process to "figuring them out with socratic method" and getting them to "stop fighting" you are trying to set yourself up to seem important. it's also a higher-level scumplay, one of my favorites in fact, to play peacemaker, so it's pinging my scumdar

and yeah, I bet you don't like people who call you out on your nonsense. nothing could be less surprising.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

DEAR CHANNELDELIBIRD PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTION BETWEEN STATING IM TOTES A SCUMREAD
In post 486, Shadoweh wrote:
CeeDeeBee, GreyICE is challenging you on CES saying vezok is hard to read. He says vezok is easycake biscuits to read and wants to know why your team is saying otherwise. I generally agree with this, vezok is pretty straightforward.

Since you're doubling down on this while ignoring you've been asked to explain how it's haard to read vezokcake..
ChannelDelibird wrote:CES's words, not mine, and I think he meant on a more general scale rather than in this game specifically. I don't have enough experience with vezok either way to agree or disagree with such a description.

Oh, Tammy I misunderstood what you were asking at the time. I don't have a problem talking about whether we should Bane/No Bane. To me it's a little different because rather then randomly removing bulletproof maybe, it lets us control who the scum can kill. When someone is de-metalled their living long isn't too questioned. When someone's sign is wide open and they live? Well.. So it's turning the bane into vig-shots, to me. Besides, wagon analysis isn't much fun without wagons.

UT, our team of dignified ladies and gentlemen is asking you politely to tone down the ad-hominem attacks on Titus who is doing the Lords work trying to work together with those two. Totally copy/pasted verbatum I swear.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 791, Titus wrote:
In post 788, T S O wrote:The only scenario where I don't want to Bane Bulbazak is the one where we're lynching him instead.

My team has talked a little about my tunnelling and this looks problematic tunnelly. By shutting down and declaring all plans must assume Bulba is scum, you shut him out. If he's town, that's bad for obvious reasons. If he's scum, he won't post and give relative information.

If he lies, he lies. It's that simple for me.
-Marquis
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 794, Shadoweh wrote:ad-hominem attacks

tell your team to learn what ad hominem means and then get back to me
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Titus »

@UT, It's also decent townplay to figure out people's alignments.

Also, you have no idea what the socratic method is if you think that I would be learning the most through it. The person asking the questions learns something, but its more designed to flesh out arguments and teach than it is to deduce. I figure out their arguments and why they feel that way, I can solve them. Tammy and Empire gain more of an understanding of each other as the questions that help them frame why they think that way is set up by someone neutral. If you were familiar with the socratic method, it's not a perfect teaching method and usually discouraged by law students but I like it because it shows statements and flaws for what they are.

Anyone skilled in the socratic method could actually do it. I try to do it occasionally but it's usually viewed with suspicion but since Empire knew what it was and its purpose, I figured he might be more inclined to agree to it.

Nothing I've posted is non-sense. You're painting my comments as OMGUS after I've highlighted your pattern of pointless confrontation is noted. Your comments do nothing to actually foster an intelligent dialogue and make me more inclined to ignore you, but I've been told not to ignore anyone unless I convince them you're outright lying so here's your gift a lecture on the purposes and motivations of socratic discourse.

@CDB, If we are not clearly reading someone we bane, protecting them is foolish if we have content surrounding the player. If scum kill them, they give us a lot of information.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 795, T S O wrote:
In post 791, Titus wrote:

If he lies, he lies. It's that simple for me.

What do you think he lied about?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:39 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »